A forum for seekers everywhere...


    Ectoplasm.

    Share
    avatar
    SpiritVoices
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Location : UK
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

    Ectoplasm.

    Post  SpiritVoices on Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:16 pm

    Spirit use Ectoplasm to make themselves 'seen' to an audience.
    So the shape of the physical body must be retained after bodily death.

    How come?
    avatar
    Violet
    Admin

    Female
    Number of posts : 24258
    Location : UK
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

    Re: Ectoplasm.

    Post  Violet on Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:25 am

    Hi Joanie there are mixed beliefs on ectoplasm some doubt it's existence.

    So the shape of the physical body must be retained after bodily death
    Hmm I don't believe it is as such, but I do believe spiritual energy can make/create 'images' which are recognisable to us as our loved ones.



    Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    avatar
    GreenJade
    Newbie

    Female
    Number of posts : 38
    Registration date : 2014-08-05

    Re: Ectoplasm.

    Post  GreenJade on Sun Aug 10, 2014 1:32 am

    I've seen and touched ectoplasm on a few occasions but I do believe it's one of those things 'seeing is believing'. Before my own experiences with it I was very sceptical. I have never seen spirit use ectoplasm to form a physical body but I have seen it used to form a physical hand and arm and that hand shook my hand, it felt warm and granny, unlike any substance I have ever encountered before. I feel truly blessed to have been given the opportunity to experience this, but I also understand like I said 'seeing is believing'.  :eyeroll:
    avatar
    SpiritVoices
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Location : UK
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

    Re: Ectoplasm.

    Post  SpiritVoices on Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:24 pm

    Violet wrote:Hi Joanie there are mixed beliefs on ectoplasm some doubt it's existence.

    So the shape of the physical body must be retained after bodily death
     Hmm I don't believe it is as such, but I do believe spiritual energy can make/create 'images' which are recognisable to us as our loved ones.
    That's good enough for me,Violet.....why the thought struck me I have no idea...just a mad thought that entered my mind.... :blush:
    avatar
    SpiritVoices
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Location : UK
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

    Re: Ectoplasm.

    Post  SpiritVoices on Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:34 pm

    GreenJade wrote:I've seen and touched ectoplasm on a few occasions but I do believe it's one of those things 'seeing is believing'. Before my own experiences with it I was very sceptical. I have never seen spirit use ectoplasm to form a physical body but I have seen it used to form a physical hand and arm and that hand shook my hand, it felt warm and granny, unlike any substance I have ever encountered before. I feel truly blessed to have been given the opportunity to experience this, but I also understand like I said 'seeing is believing'.  :eyeroll:
    My interest is,GreenJade because I once read a book how ectoplasm is formed and it interested me so much I went looking for more information.

    Apparently it is formed by spirit from materials taken from carpets and other means.   Must go back to reading about the subject....

    One memory remains....Ken and I were on holiday one year,moving from place to place,the folks who owned the small hotel had a small statue of a hand supposedly wrapped in ectoplasm....It fascinated me....
    avatar
    GreenJade
    Newbie

    Female
    Number of posts : 38
    Registration date : 2014-08-05

    Re: Ectoplasm.

    Post  GreenJade on Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:27 am

    SpiritVoices wrote:
    GreenJade wrote:I've seen and touched ectoplasm on a few occasions but I do believe it's one of those things 'seeing is believing'. Before my own experiences with it I was very sceptical. I have never seen spirit use ectoplasm to form a physical body but I have seen it used to form a physical hand and arm and that hand shook my hand, it felt warm and granny, unlike any substance I have ever encountered before. I feel truly blessed to have been given the opportunity to experience this, but I also understand like I said 'seeing is believing'.  :eyeroll:
    My interest is,GreenJade because I once read a book how ectoplasm is formed and it interested me so much I went looking for more information.

    Apparently it is formed by spirit from materials taken from carpets and other means.   Must go back to reading about the subject....

    One memory remains....Ken and I were on holiday one year,moving from place to place,the folks who owned the small hotel had a small statue of a hand supposedly wrapped in ectoplasm....It fascinated me....

    It is my understanding that Ectoplasm is made up from leucocytes ( which are white or colourless blood cells) and epithelia ( which are cells that line the cavities in the body).
    If you want to read about this Joan a few good reads are by authors Robin Foy  & Steward Alexander.
    avatar
    SpiritVoices
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Location : UK
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

    Re: Ectoplasm.

    Post  SpiritVoices on Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:28 am

    Ah! Robin Foy,heard of him.   Isn't he well known in Spiritualist circles,GreenJade?
    avatar
    GreenJade
    Newbie

    Female
    Number of posts : 38
    Registration date : 2014-08-05

    Re: Ectoplasm.

    Post  GreenJade on Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:17 pm

    SpiritVoices wrote:Ah! Robin Foy,heard of him.   Isn't he well known in Spiritualist circles,GreenJade?
     He was a psychic researcher and was the leader of a psychic circle, it was this circle that started The Scole Experiments which was a 5 year investigation into life after death. He has written a few books and they are all good reading. 
    avatar
    SpiritVoices
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Location : UK
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

    Re: Ectoplasm.

    Post  SpiritVoices on Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:19 pm

    GreenJade wrote:
    SpiritVoices wrote:Ah! Robin Foy,heard of him.   Isn't he well known in Spiritualist circles,GreenJade?
     He was a psychic researcher and was the leader of a psychic circle, it was this circle that started The Scole Experiments which was a 5 year investigation into life after death. He has written a few books and they are all good reading. 
    Ah,that rings a bell!   I remember his name from somewhere else..
    Think I registered into a sort of site run by him,interesting site but half the time I didn't know what they were talking about.   
    Wish I had stayed now.   I may have learned more... :blush:

    listening
    Newbie

    Male
    Number of posts : 18
    Age : 51
    Location : uk
    Registration date : 2017-08-06

    Re: Ectoplasm.

    Post  listening on Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:26 pm

    hello ,i  didnt  think  that  anyone  should  touch  ectoplasm ,i  was  told  by  my  guide that    transfiguration is  to  be  done in  a   controlled  enviroment  and  on  no   circumstances  to    be   touched ,saying that  if  a   arm  and  hand is   created  by it  and  held out maybee then its  safe   to    touch it as you  said  you  did  that  and there  was  no  harm i  presume  done  to  the  medium ,what a  fabulous  experience  for  you greenjade  you   are   very privaleged  to  have  done  so

    mac
    Member

    Male
    Number of posts : 3369
    Age : 70
    Location : Heart Of England
    Job/hobbies : retired
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

    Re: Ectoplasm.

    Post  mac on Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:02 pm

    listening wrote:hello ,i  didnt  think  that  anyone  should  touch  ectoplasm ,i  was  told  by  my  guide that    transfiguration is  to  be  done in  a   controlled  enviroment  and  on  no   circumstances  to    be   touched ,saying that  if  a   arm  and  hand is   created  by it  and  held out maybee then its  safe   to    touch it as you  said  you  did  that  and there  was  no  harm i  presume  done  to  the  medium ,what a  fabulous  experience  for  you greenjade  you   are   very privaleged  to  have  done  so

    Ectoplasm isn't to be handled without those who produce it giving their say-so.  


    Physical mediumship can put a medium at risk of someone doing something silly either deliberately or because of ignorance.  Sadly you're unlikely to get a response from greenjade who hasn't been active here for some time.
    avatar
    gigpdo
    Member

    Male
    Number of posts : 148
    Job/hobbies : retired
    Registration date : 2017-06-27

    Re: Ectoplasm.

    Post  gigpdo on Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:55 pm

    Someone is pulling someone's leg here,and I have seen ectoplasm,and you certainly cannot touch it,ectoplasm is only used by the spirit to create a voicebox to talk through,a spirit cannot use an unconscious mediums voice box,she is in a trance state,most mediums were female in my area in the 70's,it comes usually from the nasal passage,and that is the obvious place too,shaking a hand is bullsh.t,total bullsh.t!

    listening
    Newbie

    Male
    Number of posts : 18
    Age : 51
    Location : uk
    Registration date : 2017-08-06

    Re: Ectoplasm.

    Post  listening on Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:23 pm

    SpiritVoices wrote:
    GreenJade wrote:I've seen and touched ectoplasm on a few occasions but I do believe it's one of those things 'seeing is believing'. Before my own experiences with it I was very sceptical. I have never seen spirit use ectoplasm to form a physical body but I have seen it used to form a physical hand and arm and that hand shook my hand, it felt warm and granny, unlike any substance I have ever encountered before. I feel truly blessed to have been given the opportunity to experience this, but I also understand like I said 'seeing is believing'.  :eyeroll:
    My interest is,GreenJade because I once read a book how ectoplasm is formed and it interested me so much I went looking for more information.

    Apparently it is formed by spirit from materials taken from carpets and other means.   Must go back to reading about the subject....

    One memory remains....Ken and I were on holiday one year,moving from place to place,the folks who owned the small hotel had a small statue of a hand supposedly wrapped in ectoplasm....It fascinated me....
    ectoplasm is   formed  by  spirit  from  materials  taken  from   carpet ?really?

    mac
    Member

    Male
    Number of posts : 3369
    Age : 70
    Location : Heart Of England
    Job/hobbies : retired
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

    Re: Ectoplasm.

    Post  mac on Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:02 pm

    listening wrote:
    SpiritVoices wrote:
    GreenJade wrote:I've seen and touched ectoplasm on a few occasions but I do believe it's one of those things 'seeing is believing'. Before my own experiences with it I was very sceptical. I have never seen spirit use ectoplasm to form a physical body but I have seen it used to form a physical hand and arm and that hand shook my hand, it felt warm and granny, unlike any substance I have ever encountered before. I feel truly blessed to have been given the opportunity to experience this, but I also understand like I said 'seeing is believing'.  :eyeroll:
    My interest is,GreenJade because I once read a book how ectoplasm is formed and it interested me so much I went looking for more information.

    Apparently it is formed by spirit from materials taken from carpets and other means.   Must go back to reading about the subject....

    One memory remains....Ken and I were on holiday one year,moving from place to place,the folks who owned the small hotel had a small statue of a hand supposedly wrapped in ectoplasm....It fascinated me....
    ectoplasm is   formed  by  spirit  from  materials  taken  from   carpet ?really?
    Joanie - SpiritVoices - was at that time probably beginning to suffer from the medical condition that eventually robbed her of her independence and left her unable to properly recall stuff that at one time she knew well.  It also led to her being unable to post here or elsewhere.  


    It's a sad situation....

    listening
    Newbie

    Male
    Number of posts : 18
    Age : 51
    Location : uk
    Registration date : 2017-08-06

    Re: Ectoplasm.

    Post  listening on Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:05 pm

    thankyou  mac ,bless  her
    avatar
    Native spirit
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 680
    Registration date : 2011-02-04

    Re: Ectoplasm.

    Post  Native spirit on Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:02 am

    What mac has said about spirit voices is correct. joan who is a friend of mine is suffering from Vascular dementia. she is now in a home

     Namaste

    Sponsored content

    Re: Ectoplasm.

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:13 am