A forum for seekers everywhere...

Do you think the after life will be more difficult...

Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24347
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Do you think the after life will be more difficult...

Post  Violet on Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:36 am

than this life? We might not be able to feel pain as we know it here once we cross over or getting into financial difficulties or feel the cold but will there be other challenges for us?

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    1antique
    Elite

Male
    Number of posts : 3369
    Job/hobbies : Searching For The Truth
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

Re: Do you think the after life will be more difficult...

Post  1antique on Sat Jul 26, 2014 4:41 am

Maybe a question to answer this would be 'how do you define difficult?'

Things will be different, yes, and there will be things for us to deal with. But, difficult? Maybe that will depend on the individual?

Retro76

Male
    Number of posts : 207
    Job/hobbies : School
    Registration date : 2014-06-20

Post  Retro76 on Sat Jul 26, 2014 4:45 am

I'd assume it would be difficul adapting to everything, and it would surely bug me looking back at my life, seeing everything i did wrong. But it should be good to have that knowledge in the spiritual that we will have.
    Detlef

Male
    Number of posts : 923
    Registration date : 2010-09-25

Post  Detlef on Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:55 am

I am  still struggling with the concept of an afterlife.
    Depending how we define the term life, we might be able to talk about what comes after this incarnation.
    I don't see it as a life. To live we need to breath I think. To me life can only happen within this reality or a similar reality.
    We certainly exist, and we always have existed and will always exist in one form or an other.
    Our experiences surely play a role in how we create our existence later. And creating our surrounding is very simple and easy.
    To understand what our views will be when we leave this body, is almost impossible. After all, when we come into a body, is simply play a role, and when we leave we become our self again.

Last edited by Detlef on Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:07 am; edited 1 time in total
    SpiritVoices

Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

Post  SpiritVoices on Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:33 am

My faith is still strong and have seen and heard all I want to hear....
    Arbel

Number of posts : 261
    Registration date : 2012-10-30

Post  Arbel on Sat Jul 26, 2014 3:07 pm

As far as I know it is only this world that we experience physical pain; as for the afterlife every time I have had an OBE my spirit form remains the human form; as to what kind of form we have in the spirit we truly do not know. As for the afterlife and the form we take when we enter that realm is not yet known but if every thing I know is still true then before we leave this planet we will know the kind of form we have.  There is one who is yet to come to this world and he will come in the form he had in the days of Atlantis; when that happens many of us will throw off these human forms and revert back to the form of the one who is yet to come.  Granted what I have described is completely different from the mainstream so with that being the case I will say what little knowledge I have is from a time long past which goes back to the beginning of evolution which is still illusion but will become reality in this lifetime  

Arbel

SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices on Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:48 pm

Arbel wrote:As far as I know it is only this world that we experience physical pain; as for the afterlife every time I have had an OBE my spirit form remains the human form; as to what kind of form we have in the spirit we truly do not know. As for the afterlife and the form we take when we enter that realm is not yet known but if every thing I know is still true then before we leave this planet we will know the kind of form we have.  There is one who is yet to come to this world and he will come in the form he had in the days of Atlantis; when that happens many of us will throw off these human forms and revert back to the form of the one who is yet to come.  Granted what I have described is completely different from the mainstream so with that being the case I will say what little knowledge I have is from a time long past which goes back to the beginning of evolution which is still illusion but will become reality in this lifetime  

Arbel

SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices on Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:51 pm

SpiritVoices wrote:
    Arbel wrote:As far as I know it is only this world that we experience physical pain; as for the afterlife every time I have had an OBE my spirit form remains the human form; as to what kind of form we have in the spirit we truly do not know. As for the afterlife and the form we take when we enter that realm is not yet known but if every thing I know is still true then before we leave this planet we will know the kind of form we have.  There is one who is yet to come to this world and he will come in the form he had in the days of Atlantis; when that happens many of us will throw off these human forms and revert back to the form of the one who is yet to come.  Granted what I have described is completely different from the mainstream so with that being the case I will say what little knowledge I have is from a time long past which goes back to the beginning of evolution which is still illusion but will become reality in this lifetime  

Arbel

Interesting reply,Bill...Something I never thought of,considering we live different lives so many times,I should imagine we will revert to our spirit form,whatever that may be....
    Arbel

Number of posts : 261
    Registration date : 2012-10-30

Post  Arbel on Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:01 pm

It would be very interesting to see how two spirits can merge into one spirit; normally that can only happen in the spirit world but just maybe it might happen on this world as I had a split second view of that happening

Arbel

skye

Female
    Number of posts : 1247
    Registration date : 2009-09-06

Post  skye on Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:15 am

Violet wrote:than this life?  We might not be able to feel pain as we know it here once we cross over or getting into financial difficulties or feel the cold but will there be other challenges for us?
    Life as we know it will be different, though I'm not sure if this would imply it will be more difficult. If, as claimed by the evolved spirits in the afterlife, we progress to higher levels, perhaps this could suggest that challenges are as much a part of that world as they are here in our physical world.
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices on Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:12 am

skye wrote:
    Violet wrote:than this life?  We might not be able to feel pain as we know it here once we cross over or getting into financial difficulties or feel the cold but will there be other challenges for us?
    Life as we know it will be different, though I'm not sure if this would imply it will be more difficult. If, as claimed by the evolved spirits in the afterlife, we progress to higher levels, perhaps this could suggest that challenges are as much a part of that world as they are here in our physical world.

Correct,Skye.

We progress until we reach the higher levels.
    Much like progressing in school. We 'sit' our exams until we are ready to progress into the higher world.

mac

Male
    Number of posts : 3704
    Job/hobbies : retired
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

Post  mac on Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:55 am

It's often been said (admittedly now in the past) by communicators thought to be spiritually-evolved (at least by some) that the physical world is a very challenging dimension in many senses. 

If we consider just one fundamental difference found in this world - that of not knowing that life is continuous, that we don't die, that we live on - then this aspect alone may be the most difficult one we'll ever have to deal with as individuals.  Before and after this physical dimension we knew and will know again that we are immortal and that we are never separated from source.  Granted we still had, and we will have, a long way to travel on our spiritual odyssey but this is the only section where we lose conscious awareness of our immortality.

We are dealing with this last aspect as best we can and our journey may involve repeating the experience.  Some, many or most of us can't contemplate beyond this world, can't consider themseves in any other form than what they know now. Could what follows in the next world really be worse than this?
    mayflow

Number of posts : 894
    Job/hobbies : Electronics, RF energy, test equipment
    Registration date : 2013-12-03

Post  mayflow on Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:33 am

It's difficult to know. In dreams I have had many experiences (both Lucid and non-lucid) that would have caused lots of physical pain in the non-dreaming world, and I am sure even would have caused physical death, but I never have felt physical pain in a dream. 

There have been many challenges and difficulties in dreams though - but just never any physical pain.

mac

Male

Post  mac on Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:19 pm

Dreams do not give experience of the so-called afterlife, no matter how vivid or 'real' they may appear.  In much the same way that Near Death Experience doesn't give the experience of corporeal death.....

Auras

Male
    Number of posts : 2025
    Registration date : 2012-05-06

Post  Auras on Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:05 pm

It's not that its difficult, it's that you're the one making it difficult.......
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices on Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:09 pm

Dreams do give experience of the After Life!

I have had enough experience of that..

A quick visit in many dreams....have shown me many of my relatives who have passed over who have acknowledged my presence there.

Detlef

Male
    Number of posts : 923
    Registration date : 2010-09-25

Post  Detlef on Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:21 am

mac wrote:Dreams do not give experience of the so-called afterlife, no matter how vivid or 'real' they may appear.  In much the same way that Near Death Experience doesn't give the experience of corporeal death.....

This is correct

it has to be considered, anything we see in a dream state is cryptic  and or in metaphors.
    Anything anyone ever claims to have seen in the so called afterworld  is their minds interpretation of something it can not interpret.
    It has no knowledge of. So it makes it up.
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices on Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:26 am

Then why do I have 'dreams' of so many folks who have passed over recently?

Very,very vivid dreams. Not at the age they passed but showing me at the happiest times of their lives.

Always in the same room which I call the Visiting Room.

Auras

Male

Post  Auras on Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:54 pm

mac wrote:Dreams do not give experience of the so-called afterlife, no matter how vivid or 'real' they may appear.  In much the same way that Near Death Experience doesn't give the experience of corporeal death.....
    We may not experience the after life, But we can have experiences with those in the after life Mac.....
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices on Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:02 pm

Well said,Auras...you got it! lol

mac

Male

Post  mac on Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:10 pm

Auras wrote:
    We may not experience the after life, But we can have experiences with those in the after life Mac.....
    agreed!  That's an altogether different matter from dreaming.

Auras

Male

Post  Auras on Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:50 pm

mac wrote:
    Auras wrote:
    agreed!  That's an altogether different matter from dreaming.
    Of course because it's no longer the dream world!

skye

Female
    Number of posts : 1247
    Registration date : 2009-09-06

Post  skye on Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:55 pm

SpiritVoices wrote:Then why do I have 'dreams' of so many folks who have passed over recently?

Very,very vivid dreams.    Not at the age they passed but showing me at the happiest times of their lives.

Always in the same room which I call the Visiting Room.
    I've heard it said that our spirit visits the spirit world, while our bodies sleeps and rests. Most of the experiences that we have there, are forgotten when we wake up. However, if we can recall spending time and having conversations with those people whom we know, then it's more than likely the experience wasn't a dream at all.
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices on Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:19 pm

...and there is always the 'divider' between us. A large table filled with food.
    I stand one side of the table and those from spirit stand on the other side...
    I'm not allowed to reach out to try and touch them like a loving hug.....
    mayflow

Number of posts : 894
    Job/hobbies : Electronics, RF energy, test equipment
    Registration date : 2013-12-03

Post  mayflow on Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:37 pm

SpiritVoices wrote:...and there is always the 'divider' between us.    A large table filled with food.
    I stand one side of the table and those from spirit stand on the other side...
    I'm not allowed to reach out to try and touch them like a loving hug.....
    That is much like the parable of Lazarus! 
    Luke 16:19-31New International Version (NIV)
    The Rich Man and Lazarus
    19 “There was a rich man who was dressed in purple and fine linen and lived in luxury every day. 20 At his gate was laid a beggar named Lazarus, covered with sores 21 and longing to eat what fell from the rich man’s table.Even the dogs came and licked his sores.
    22 “The time came when the beggar died and the angels carried him to Abraham’s side. The rich man also died and was buried. 23 In Hades, where he was in torment, he looked up and saw Abraham far away, with Lazarus by his side. 24 So he called to him, ‘Father Abraham, have pity on me and send Lazarus to dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue, because I am in agony in this fire.’
    25 “But Abraham replied, ‘Son, remember that in your lifetime you received your good things, while Lazarus received bad things, but now he is comforted here and you are in agony. 26 And besides all this, between us and you a great chasm has been set in place, so that those who want to go from here to you cannot, nor can anyone cross over from there to us.’
    27 “He answered, ‘Then I beg you, father, send Lazarus to my family, 28 for I have five brothers. Let him warn them, so that they will not also come to this place of torment.’
    29 “Abraham replied, ‘They have Moses and the Prophets; let them listen to them.’
    30 “‘No, father Abraham,’ he said, ‘but if someone from the dead goes to them, they will repent.’
    31 “He said to him, ‘If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets, they will not be convinced even if someone rises from the dead.’”

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:34 pm