A forum for seekers everywhere...


    The Seance Trumpet.

    Share
    avatar
    SpiritVoices
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Location : UK
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

    The Seance Trumpet.

    Post  SpiritVoices on Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:50 pm

    Why do spirit need a Seance Trumpet to speak through when we know they can make themselves heard without it?
    avatar
    Spirit of Light
    Member

    Number of posts : 82
    Registration date : 2014-05-31

    Re: The Seance Trumpet.

    Post  Spirit of Light on Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:53 pm

    Simple answer is no they don't. Weren't trumpets part of the sham of the Fox Sisters and other fraudulent mediums? Part of the showmanship and fakery?

    skye
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 1246
    Registration date : 2009-09-06

    Re: The Seance Trumpet.

    Post  skye on Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:06 pm

    SpiritVoices wrote:Why do spirit need a Seance Trumpet to speak through when we know they can make themselves heard without it?
    I think the trumpet is used for Direct Voice during Physical Mediumship. This is so everyone at the seance can hear the voice of the communicating spirit and not just one individual.

    skye
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 1246
    Registration date : 2009-09-06

    Re: The Seance Trumpet.

    Post  skye on Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:19 pm

    Spirit of Light wrote:Simple answer is no they don't. Weren't trumpets part of the sham of the Fox Sisters and other fraudulent mediums? Part of the showmanship and fakery?
    Whilst I agree there are many fraudulent mediums, both in the past as well as today, the nosy rappings of a murdered spirit communicator in Hydesville USA, prior to the Fox Sisters moving into the property, it was proven years later not to be fraudulent, when the cellar of the building was dug up, many years after they had moved out.
    avatar
    Spirit of Light
    Member

    Number of posts : 82
    Registration date : 2014-05-31

    Re: The Seance Trumpet.

    Post  Spirit of Light on Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:43 pm

    A body was discovered but not where it should have been but I was actually referring on the Fox sisters 'on the road' touring scam.

    skye
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 1246
    Registration date : 2009-09-06

    Re: The Seance Trumpet.

    Post  skye on Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:22 pm

    Spirit of Light wrote:A body was discovered but not where it should have been but I was actually referring on the Fox sisters 'on the road' touring scam.
    The spirit of the man, informed the Fox sisters his body was hidden in the cellar. As far as I'm aware his body was discovered in the walls of the cellar. 

    I didn't know you were referring to the Fox sisters 'on the road' touring scam. That said, I can't say I've heard of it.

    mac
    Member

    Male
    Number of posts : 3489
    Age : 70
    Location : Valley of the Sun, Arizona
    Job/hobbies : retired
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

    Re: The Seance Trumpet.

    Post  mac on Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:16 pm

    "Weren't trumpets part of the sham of the Fox Sisters and other fraudulent mediums? Part of the showmanship and fakery?"  There are two issues here.  I'm not big on history but to the best of my recollection the Fox gals weren't mediums.  So "other fraudulent mediums" doesn't apply if they weren't mediums in the first instance.

    And, no, trumpets weren't part of their story.

    skye
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 1246
    Registration date : 2009-09-06

    Re: The Seance Trumpet.

    Post  skye on Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:32 pm

    I don't know if the Fox sisters were called mediums, or not, mac. But at Hydesville, as they were able to communicate with a spirit who gave evidence relating to himself, and what happened to him and by whom, I would class them as mediums.
    avatar
    SpiritVoices
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Location : UK
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

    Re: The Seance Trumpet.

    Post  SpiritVoices on Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:51 pm

    skye wrote:
    Spirit of Light wrote:Simple answer is no they don't. Weren't trumpets part of the sham of the Fox Sisters and other fraudulent mediums? Part of the showmanship and fakery?
    Whilst I agree there are many fraudulent mediums, both in the past as well as today, the nosy rappings of a murdered spirit communicator in Hydesville USA, prior to the Fox Sisters moving into the property, it was proven years later not to be fraudulent, when the cellar of the building was dug up, many years after they had moved out.


    Why was the cellar dug up?
    avatar
    SpiritVoices
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Location : UK
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

    Re: The Seance Trumpet.

    Post  SpiritVoices on Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:53 pm

    skye wrote:I don't know if the Fox sisters were called mediums, or not, mac. But at Hydesville, as they were able to communicate with a spirit who gave evidence relating to himself, and what happened to him and by whom, I would class them as mediums.


    Some thing I wasn't sure of,either....whether they were mediums.

    mac
    Member

    Male
    Number of posts : 3489
    Age : 70
    Location : Valley of the Sun, Arizona
    Job/hobbies : retired
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

    Re: The Seance Trumpet.

    Post  mac on Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:16 pm

    skye wrote:I don't know if the Fox sisters were called mediums, or not, mac. But at Hydesville, as they were able to communicate with a spirit who gave evidence relating to himself, and what happened to him and by whom, I would class them as mediums.
    For me an individual who communicate with discarnates is a psychic or a sensitive.  A medium is a facilitator of, a go-between for, communication between incarnates and discarnates or vice versa, be that evidential or philosophical in nature.

    skye
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 1246
    Registration date : 2009-09-06

    Re: The Seance Trumpet.

    Post  skye on Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:18 pm

    The cellar was dug up because people wanted to find out if the pedlar's body was actually there, as he had claimed throughout the rappings. If I recall right, the cellar was dug a number of times without discovering anything. Children playing, years later saw something and investigations took place again. This time they found a body and a tin belonging to the pedlar.  

    I know the Fox Sisters are referred to as the founders of Modern Spiritualism. The events which occurred with the 3 sisters, revealed they had mediumistic potential, but whether they called themselves Mediums or other people did, I don't know.

    skye
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 1246
    Registration date : 2009-09-06

    Re: The Seance Trumpet.

    Post  skye on Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:39 pm

    mac wrote:
    skye wrote:I don't know if the Fox sisters were called mediums, or not, mac. But at Hydesville, as they were able to communicate with a spirit who gave evidence relating to himself, and what happened to him and by whom, I would class them as mediums.
    For me an individual who communicate with discarnates is a psychic or a sensitive.  A medium is a facilitator of, a go-between for, communication between incarnates and discarnates or vice versa, be that evidential or philosophical in nature.
    For me a psychic is someone who is able to retrieve information from incarnates and physical objects.  A medium is able to communicate with discarnates, for evidential or philosophical purposes.  The initial events of the Fox Sisters, proved that they were in communication with a discarnate being, which is why I class them as mediums.

    mac
    Member

    Male
    Number of posts : 3489
    Age : 70
    Location : Valley of the Sun, Arizona
    Job/hobbies : retired
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

    Re: The Seance Trumpet.

    Post  mac on Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:21 pm

    "A medium is able to communicate with discarnates, for evidential or philosophical purposes."   If the individual produced evidential or philosophical information just for herself would that still be mediumship in your eyes?

    For me what characterises a medium is that she does it as a service for those unable to do it directly for themselves.  Evidence of survival and identity for a sitter, philosophy for a general audience.  Is that different from how you understand mediumship?

    skye
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 1246
    Registration date : 2009-09-06

    Re: The Seance Trumpet.

    Post  skye on Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:17 am

    mac wrote:"A medium is able to communicate with discarnates, for evidential or philosophical purposes."   If the individual produced evidential or philosophical information just for herself would that still be mediumship in your eyes?

    For me what characterises a medium is that she does it as a service for those unable to do it directly for themselves.  Evidence of survival and identity for a sitter, philosophy for a general audience.  Is that different from how you understand mediumship?
    No. I feel this could be more on the lines of Inspirational communication rather than mediumship. The spirit communicator could be a relative, friend or acquaintance who is attempting to make themselves known to an individual, to pass on their messages. It has been said we can communicate with our loved ones much easier than we can with strangers, due to our friendship and love linking us together. Should the spirit person be unknown to the individual, I suppose it would be difficult to ascertain whether the information is evidential before they could accept it as being so.

    Any philosophy received may resonate with other people, but, it's likely to be given to enhance the individuals spiritual growth or for their personal progression. 

    My way of understanding mediums and mediumship is very much in the same vein as your own perception stated above. Although I would say healers can be mediums too.
    avatar
    SpiritVoices
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Location : UK
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

    Re: The Seance Trumpet.

    Post  SpiritVoices on Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:08 am

    Never really thought about mediums being healers too,Skye.
    But that sounds correct. Would it be a case of healing without spirit support?

    mac
    Member

    Male
    Number of posts : 3489
    Age : 70
    Location : Valley of the Sun, Arizona
    Job/hobbies : retired
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

    Re: The Seance Trumpet.

    Post  mac on Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:13 am

    skye wrote:
    mac wrote:"A medium is able to communicate with discarnates, for evidential or philosophical purposes."   If the individual produced evidential or philosophical information just for herself would that still be mediumship in your eyes?

    For me what characterises a medium is that she does it as a service for those unable to do it directly for themselves.  Evidence of survival and identity for a sitter, philosophy for a general audience.  Is that different from how you understand mediumship?
    No. I feel this could be more on the lines of Inspirational communication rather than mediumship. The spirit communicator could be a relative, friend or acquaintance who is attempting to make themselves known to an individual, to pass on their messages. It has been said we can communicate with our loved ones much easier than we can with strangers, due to our friendship and ...............
    My way of understanding mediums and mediumship is very much in the same vein as your own perception stated above. Although I would say healers can be mediums too.
    Interesting aspect concerning healing. 

    A healer facilitates communication (on this occasion in the form of healing energy) between a discarnate source and an intended incarnate receiver.  So, based on my personal rough-and-ready definition of mediumship, a healer would indeed be acting as a medium; providing a service for those unable to do it directly for themselves.

    great point!

    skye
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 1246
    Registration date : 2009-09-06

    Re: The Seance Trumpet.

    Post  skye on Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:26 pm

    SpiritVoices wrote:Never really thought about mediums being healers too,Skye.
    But that sounds correct.  Would it be a case of healing without spirit support?
    Most mediums who are healers should link in with a Spirit healer, so, the healing energy can flow from spirit, through spirit and to spirit. 

    If a person or medium attempts to heal without Spirit support any healing given will be due to what is termed as magnetic healing.  This will result in a depletion of their own energy from their own body and if continued on a regular basis, it could cause health problems.
    avatar
    SpiritVoices
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Location : UK
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

    Re: The Seance Trumpet.

    Post  SpiritVoices on Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:36 pm

    skye wrote:
    SpiritVoices wrote:Never really thought about mediums being healers too,Skye.
    But that sounds correct.  Would it be a case of healing without spirit support?
    Most mediums who are healers should link in with a Spirit healer, so, the healing energy can flow from spirit, through spirit and to spirit. 

    If a person or medium attempts to heal without Spirit support any healing given will be due to what is termed as magnetic healing.  This will result in a depletion of their own energy from their own body and if continued on a regular basis, it could cause health problems.
    I can understand that.    I was told once I could be a healer,tried it on sick friend and failed miserably..... :blush:
    avatar
    GreenJade
    Newbie

    Female
    Number of posts : 38
    Registration date : 2014-08-05

    Re: The Seance Trumpet.

    Post  GreenJade on Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:55 pm

    I sat in a physical circle for many years and we had a trumpet for spirit to use, it was never used. :sleepy3:  I have also been to many physical demonstrations and the only time I have ever seen the trumpet used was in one which in my opinion was not on the level.
    avatar
    SpiritVoices
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Location : UK
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

    Re: The Seance Trumpet.

    Post  SpiritVoices on Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:18 pm

    I know what you are talking about and the medium who was involved....
     :blush:
    avatar
    GreenJade
    Newbie

    Female
    Number of posts : 38
    Registration date : 2014-08-05

    Re: The Seance Trumpet.

    Post  GreenJade on Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:32 pm

    SpiritVoices wrote:Why do spirit need a Seance Trumpet to speak through when we know they can make themselves heard without it?

    The trumphet is placed in the centre of the circle, I have seen it used by spirit for phenomena, they have made it float around the room and at times moved it around the room so fast it was hard to believe! In my opinion it is rarely used for communication and I have never witnessed it used for that.
    avatar
    SpiritVoices
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Location : UK
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

    Re: The Seance Trumpet.

    Post  SpiritVoices on Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:06 pm

    GreenJade wrote:I sat in a physical circle for many years and we had a trumpet for spirit to use, it was never used. :sleepy3:  I have also been to many physical demonstrations and the only time I have ever seen the trumpet used was in one which in my opinion was not on the level.
    I understand what you are talking about,Sandra.....

    skye
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 1246
    Registration date : 2009-09-06

    Re: The Seance Trumpet.

    Post  skye on Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:11 pm

    SpiritVoices wrote:Why do spirit need a Seance Trumpet to speak through when we know they can make themselves heard without it?
    A trumpet is used for direct voice, it enables everyone at a physical circle hear the communicating spirit(s).  Under normal conditions as with mental mediumship, it is via a medium that a spirit links to and communicates with, no one else can hear what is being said. Though some mediums can use a variety of clair senses to work with spirit, some may not have the ability to hear.
    avatar
    SpiritVoices
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Location : UK
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

    Re: The Seance Trumpet.

    Post  SpiritVoices on Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:36 pm

    What is the other way they can make themselves known?
    Is it 'Ectoplasm....long time since I read about all this... :blush:

    Sponsored content

    Re: The Seance Trumpet.

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:13 pm