A forum for seekers everywhere...


    Protection?

    Share
    avatar
    SpiritVoices
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Location : UK
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

    Protection?

    Post  SpiritVoices on Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:21 pm

    .....against what?    Are we a little afraid of connecting with the spirit world?

    And why?
    avatar
    Detlef
    Member

    Male
    Number of posts : 923
    Age : 70
    Location : Australia
    Registration date : 2010-09-25

    Re: Protection?

    Post  Detlef on Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:25 am

    A general question, very general.
    Do you understand what is out there?
    Do you understand how interference works?
    Do you understand how manipulation works?
    Do you understand how those who are in service to self control?
    Do you understand how control is exercised?
    This happens on so many levels I don't know where to start.
    avatar
    SpiritVoices
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Location : UK
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

    Re: Protection?

    Post  SpiritVoices on Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:38 am

    I don't know the answers to all those,Detlef...I am ashamed to say,just wondered why protection was always advised on contact with spirit....
    avatar
    Detlef
    Member

    Male
    Number of posts : 923
    Age : 70
    Location : Australia
    Registration date : 2010-09-25

    Re: Protection?

    Post  Detlef on Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:58 am

    Basically, I have no interest in frightening anyone. I am just someone who has to know.
    And I was taught very early  how this reality works, how it is controlled and manipulated.
    After all, regulating these realms is what we do.
    We are not just nice little things with wings.
    We all know, in order to play out this game we need polarities, which are strongest on this level we are in, and get weaker as we move up in vibration.  Yet the greatest controllers are sitting in 4th density, some would argue in 5th, but this is not important.
    So, those who have control over this planet are negative 4th density entities.
    They will do anything to stop the human race and in particular the spirits incarnated in the human race from waking up, and reaching their potential. The big fish (not so big in the over all perspective) in the controlling game control the smaller fish practicing the controlling game. And there mast be billions floating around trying to throw you off your game. Challenging you, probing you.
    After all, it is a learning game. How could we learn without those who challenge us?
    This is why I often shake my head when people talk about "The Afterlife". Like is was some uniform place we enter.
    Sure we can and most likely most will go to the astral realm, which is quite pleasant. But it is only an in between  place. It never was meant and created for anything else.
    And something else, every level of vibration has it's challenges.


    So, if you want a clear line to you guide, or your higher self, ask for protection. Only if you ask, can they protect you.
    (Free will) And if you tell a controlling entity to get lost, it will have to go.

    mac
    Member

    Male
    Number of posts : 3496
    Age : 70
    Location : Valley of the Sun, Arizona
    Job/hobbies : retired
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

    Re: Protection?

    Post  mac on Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:06 pm

    Why not give a simple example as a start point for explanation?  You won't frighten me and I may have a few questions to add to the discussion before you move on to another simple point. 



    baby steps for all of us

    Auras
    Member

    Male
    Number of posts : 1998
    Age : 19
    Location : United Kingdom, Liverpool.
    Registration date : 2012-05-06

    Re: Protection?

    Post  Auras on Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:46 pm

    There are many things out there in realms that are way bigger than we are, As you say why do we need it in spirit work, simply because if we come up against a negative entity, and our guard is down, the entity has already won, but as for protection, The entity won't be able to do nothing.

    skye
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 1246
    Registration date : 2009-09-06

    Re: Protection?

    Post  skye on Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:31 pm

    SpiritVoices wrote:I don't know the answers to all those,Detlef...I am ashamed to say,just wondered why protection was always advised on contact with spirit....

    Why would you feel ashamed about not knowing the answers to Detlefs questions? Don't be hard on yourself.

    In my view, if people are asking for protection, it would be wise if they were to reconsider or educate themselves first as to why they think it is necessary, before attempting to contact those in the afterlife. Some people do act irresponsible and are a danger to themselves, yet, doesn't it make sense that asking for protection will not prevent a person from having a negative experience? 

    How would a person actually know that they were protected? Who would do the protecting? Why should spirit do something for us, which we are unwilling to do for ourselves? Simply asking for protection does not diminish a person's responsibility to ensuring they remain safe. 

    We are all spirit beings living in the now, therefore immortal and indestructible. As far as I'm aware there are no entities of any description chasing after me or trying to control my life so, I very much doubt members on this forum need to ask for protection. Although there may be a few people who will choose to do so because they firmly believe they have to possibly because they have been advised to. Which is fine if it works for them. But, to me, it's all nonsense, like so many silly notions some people have about contacting those people in the spirit world.
    avatar
    SpiritVoices
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Location : UK
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

    Re: Protection?

    Post  SpiritVoices on Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:38 pm

    'This is why I often shake my head when people talk about "The Afterlife". Like is was some uniform place we enter.'

    'The after life' is a common title that I think most folks use. There are many titles to this 'place' where we supposedly go to when we die. Or should I say when we 'pass over'.

    So many descriptions of this wonderful world or is it as wonderful as we have been told?
    Brighter and more beautiful colours but not much different than our world. No physical bodies to hamper us,thoughts take the place of speech.
    Etc,etc......

    That is about the limit of my knowledge......I think I have dreamed of visiting there but can I prove? No.

    avatar
    SpiritVoices
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Location : UK
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

    Re: Protection?

    Post  SpiritVoices on Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:44 pm

    skye wrote:
    SpiritVoices wrote:I don't know the answers to all those,Detlef...I am ashamed to say,just wondered why protection was always advised on contact with spirit....

    Why would you feel ashamed about not knowing the answers to Detlefs questions? Don't be hard on yourself.

    In my view, if people are asking for protection, it would be wise if they were to reconsider or educate themselves first as to why they think it is necessary, before attempting to contact those in the afterlife. Some people do act irresponsible and are a danger to themselves, yet, doesn't it make sense that asking for protection will not prevent a person from having a negative experience? 

    How would a person actually know that they were protected? Who would do the protecting? Why should spirit do something for us, which we are unwilling to do for ourselves? Simply asking for protection does not diminish a person's responsibility to ensuring they remain safe. 

    We are all spirit beings living in the now, therefore immortal and indestructible. As far as I'm aware there are no entities of any description chasing after me or trying to control my life so, I very much doubt members on this forum need to ask for protection. Although there may be a few people who will choose to do so because they firmly believe they have to possibly because they have been advised to. Which is fine if it works for them. But, to me, it's all nonsense, like so many silly notions some people have about contacting those people in the spirit world.

    Good for you,Sky....it's nice to hear a little support. Not being fully fledged in the knowledge of Spiritualism,I now hesitate in what I say....

    mac
    Member

    Male
    Number of posts : 3496
    Age : 70
    Location : Valley of the Sun, Arizona
    Job/hobbies : retired
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

    Re: Protection?

    Post  mac on Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:18 pm

    I had tried to be generous in my approach to Detlef's complex ideas but it seems that others are now expressing what I had refrained from doing. 



    Long ago a letter from me was published in a certain well-known 'spooks' periodical where I asked a very similar question.  I asked something along the lines of:  "Whom are we asking for protection?  If protection were necessary wouldn't they already know that?  And just what are we asking for protection against?"



    Detlef does make a good point that the world of the spirit - so often termed 'the afterlife' - is not a homogenous 'place', not somewhere where every thing and everybody is broadly similar to every other thing and every other person.  There are levels where its inhabitants may not have our welfare as their first concern.  There are others where we'll find its inhabitants are little more knowledgeable than us.  And there are some where we'll experience those whose spiritual elevation is markedly in advance of our own.  Rather like in our own world, there will be individuals we'd do better avoiding and others who care about us and will try to help.


    Asking for protection can do no harm provided - as skye points out - each individual assumes personal responsibility for her/his actions and for others who they may encourage to join their activities.
    avatar
    Spirit of Light
    Member

    Number of posts : 82
    Registration date : 2014-05-31

    Re: Protection?

    Post  Spirit of Light on Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:22 pm

    SpiritVoices wrote:.....against what?    Are we a little afraid of connecting with the spirit world?

    And why?


    Protection is most often used in psychic work, much more than during mediumship. In mediumship we may use gatekeepers or doorkeepers. In psychic work the mind responds to the process of applying protection, shielding, and grounding; laying down levels of psychic protection against invasion or adverse thoughts and energies.

    I don't think any medium is afraid of connecting with their spirits, perhaps those learning and starting out before training may be, but that is what training and development is there to change.

    skye
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 1246
    Registration date : 2009-09-06

    Re: Protection?

    Post  skye on Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:29 pm

    I don't know anyone who could honestly say they are fully fledged in the knowledge of Spiritualism, Joan, so you're not alone there. Don't let hesitation or fear limit whatever it is that you want to say and/or ask.
    avatar
    SpiritVoices
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Location : UK
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

    Re: Protection?

    Post  SpiritVoices on Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:09 pm

    Ok,one question,Sky.

    We know or guess that there is something beyond our planet beyond other spheres or worlds like our's.   We know or guess there is another 'place' which we call the Spirit World.....now where does this other world exist?  

    Is it part of our world?   Is it on the rim of our world?  Or does it serve the Universe?   Or....does each planet in the Universe have it's own 'spirit' world?

    Where exactly do we go when our physical life is finished?
    Can a spiritualist medium reach those other planets where we may enter after bodily death?

    Auras
    Member

    Male
    Number of posts : 1998
    Age : 19
    Location : United Kingdom, Liverpool.
    Registration date : 2012-05-06

    Re: Protection?

    Post  Auras on Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:06 pm

    SpiritVoices wrote:Ok,one question,Sky.

    We know or guess that there is something beyond our planet beyond other spheres or worlds like our's.   We know or guess there is another 'place' which we call the Spirit World.....now where does this other world exist?  

    Is it part of our world?   Is it on the rim of our world?  Or does it serve the Universe?   Or....does each planet in the Universe have it's own 'spirit' world?

    Where exactly do we go when our physical life is finished?
    Can a spiritualist medium reach those other planets where we may enter after bodily death?


    This is basically just a belief, But we are actually standing in it.

    I would like @Macs opinion on the following comments.

    The reason i say that we are standing in it is because let's take an example from somewhere. Link astral projection and our physical perception together. Now there is a big difference as we are spiritual beings living in a physical body. Hence, Because we are in a physical body we are only suppose to have physical interactions. But then when it comes to spirit and our own spirit, astral projection can take our physical experiences away from us and turn it into something bigger and something better. This is because we are focusing on having spiritual experience hence our perception shifts so we can see spirits when we astral project, Hence whether it's on earth or some other realm. Kind of off topic but it was a good share and makes sense.

    mac
    Member

    Male
    Number of posts : 3496
    Age : 70
    Location : Valley of the Sun, Arizona
    Job/hobbies : retired
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

    Re: Protection?

    Post  mac on Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:03 pm

    Auras wrote:
    SpiritVoices wrote:Ok,one question,Sky.

    We know or guess that there is something beyond our planet beyond other spheres or worlds like our's.   We know or guess there is another 'place' which we call the Spirit World.....now where does this other world exist?  

    Is it part of our world?   Is it on the rim of our world?  Or does it serve the Universe?   Or....does each planet in the Universe have it's own 'spirit' world?

    Where exactly do we go when our physical life is finished?
    Can a spiritualist medium reach those other planets where we may enter after bodily death?


    This is basically just a belief, But we are actually standing in it.

    I would like @Macs opinion on the following comments.

    The reason i say that we are standing in it is because let's take an example from somewhere. Link astral projection and our physical perception together. Now there is a big difference as we are spiritual beings living in a physical body. Hence, Because we are in a physical body we are only suppose to have physical interactions. But then when it comes to spirit and our own spirit, astral projection can take our physical experiences away from us and turn it into something bigger and something better. This is because we are focusing on having spiritual experience hence our perception shifts so we can see spirits when we astral project, Hence whether it's on earth or some other realm. Kind of off topic but it was a good share and makes sense.
    I'll be happy to respond, auras. 

    First let's reflect on one question, viz  "Can a spiritualist medium reach those other planets where we may enter after bodily death?"  The first answer is that it doesn't appear to be the case in general although I expect some sensitives will say they can. 

    As for whether we're (quote) "...standing in it." is another issue and we're hampered in many ways by the language we use.  Plainly our world isn't perceived on a day-to-day basis by most of us as somewhere that spirit individuals (discarnates) and us (incarnates) live together.  Yet those of us who know something about life, death and 'the afterlife' are aware that the 'space' we live in may also be the place that others unseen are also living in.

    Astral projection or travelling isn't something that's commonplace.  Some claim to be able to do it at will, some with less control and the rest of us not at all.  It's said, however, that we all do it during sleep.  Those with good control and awareness may find, and recall, experiences in another dimension.  That dimension is often said to be the one into which we'll progress after our deaths.  We don't know for certain if the place visited is close by, overlapping or occupying the same 'space' as this physical planet we call earth - or whether it's somewhere remote and distant.  We don't know for sure that our ideas about
    physical location would apply to these locations anyway.

    Experiences gained in other dimensions/locations/spaces should enrich spiritual awareness but do not replace everyday physical experiences, the ones we came here for.  Whether there's any practical value in conscious or deliberate experiences outside our physical dimension will probably vary from person to person. 

    Not on-topic and I apologise for that.
    avatar
    SpiritVoices
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Location : UK
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

    Re: Protection?

    Post  SpiritVoices on Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:51 pm

    We don't know for certain if the place visited is close by, overlapping


    I have heard it is overlapping.

    Auras
    Member

    Male
    Number of posts : 1998
    Age : 19
    Location : United Kingdom, Liverpool.
    Registration date : 2012-05-06

    Re: Protection?

    Post  Auras on Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:26 pm

    mac wrote:
    Auras wrote:
    SpiritVoices wrote:Ok,one question,Sky.

    We know or guess that there is something beyond our planet beyond other spheres or worlds like our's.   We know or guess there is another 'place' which we call the Spirit World.....now where does this other world exist?  

    Is it part of our world?   Is it on the rim of our world?  Or does it serve the Universe?   Or....does each planet in the Universe have it's own 'spirit' world?

    Where exactly do we go when our physical life is finished?
    Can a spiritualist medium reach those other planets where we may enter after bodily death?


    This is basically just a belief, But we are actually standing in it.

    I would like @Macs opinion on the following comments.

    The reason i say that we are standing in it is because let's take an example from somewhere. Link astral projection and our physical perception together. Now there is a big difference as we are spiritual beings living in a physical body. Hence, Because we are in a physical body we are only suppose to have physical interactions. But then when it comes to spirit and our own spirit, astral projection can take our physical experiences away from us and turn it into something bigger and something better. This is because we are focusing on having spiritual experience hence our perception shifts so we can see spirits when we astral project, Hence whether it's on earth or some other realm. Kind of off topic but it was a good share and makes sense.
    I'll be happy to respond, auras. 

    First let's reflect on one question, viz  "Can a spiritualist medium reach those other planets where we may enter after bodily death?"  The first answer is that it doesn't appear to be the case in general although I expect some sensitives will say they can. 

    As for whether we're (quote) "...standing in it." is another issue and we're hampered in many ways by the language we use.  Plainly our world isn't perceived on a day-to-day basis by most of us as somewhere that spirit individuals (discarnates) and us (incarnates) live together.  Yet those of us who know something about life, death and 'the afterlife' are aware that the 'space' we live in may also be the place that others unseen are also living in.

    Astral projection or travelling isn't something that's commonplace.  Some claim to be able to do it at will, some with less control and the rest of us not at all.  It's said, however, that we all do it during sleep.  Those with good control and awareness may find, and recall, experiences in another dimension.  That dimension is often said to be the one into which we'll progress after our deaths.  We don't know for certain if the place visited is close by, overlapping or occupying the same 'space' as this physical planet we call earth - or whether it's somewhere remote and distant.  We don't know for sure that our ideas about
    physical location would apply to these locations anyway.

    Experiences gained in other dimensions/locations/spaces should enrich spiritual awareness but do not replace everyday physical experiences, the ones we came here for.  Whether there's any practical value in conscious or deliberate experiences outside our physical dimension will probably vary from person to person. 

    Not on-topic and I apologise for that.
    Yes, Some claim to do astral projection, But I think your missing the point of what I am saying. Let me try and make it as clear as possible, as it is hard thing to explain. We've got our human perception and our spiritual perceptions. Now, Our human perception is very much limited and only stays to a level which is how much our physical self can take. For example. Imagine a sceptic, He began seeing spirits with his physical eyes every single day of his life, don't you think he would've went crazy? 

    don't you think it's too much for a human to take on? That's why both spirit and physical people are bound. still on the topic of astral projection, When one astral projects, There perception is pushed up to a different level. You can see all around you, The reason I say that we are standing in it is because when one astral projects to the etheric layers, You come up against spirits a numerous of times.

    Sadly, I have to say, I am lost in my own words, I can not put it into right words, I apologise to both you and voices.

    skye
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 1246
    Registration date : 2009-09-06

    Re: Protection?

    Post  skye on Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:29 pm

    SpiritVoices wrote:Ok,one question,Sky.

    We know or guess that there is something beyond our planet beyond other spheres or worlds like our's.   We know or guess there is another 'place' which we call the Spirit World.....now where does this other world exist?  

    Is it part of our world?   Is it on the rim of our world?  Or does it serve the Universe?   Or....does each planet in the Universe have it's own 'spirit' world?

    Where exactly do we go when our physical life is finished?
    Can a spiritualist medium reach those other planets where we may enter after bodily death?

    Until the time comes for our physical body to die, not many people will know with any certainty that there is a Spirit World. Thankfully, through the religion of Spiritualism, more people, via a Spiritualist Medium, can have personal experiences and receive factual evidence from their loved ones that they have survived physical death and continue to live in another realm, which some people refer to as the Spirit World. This is how, over the passing of time, we come to 'know' the World of Spirit is as much a reality for the spirit people as our world is to us. 


    The Spirit World exists in a dimension that vibrates at a higher and faster rate than our world. Which is why under normal, physical conditions, human beings cannot experience anything from the Spirit World, simply because it is not of our world.

    The physical world and the world of Spirit are part of the Universe and are interdependent on each other, but, this world is all around us. Yet, each world exists in two different realms with contrasting vibrational frequencies. 

    The purpose of Mediumship offers human beings the facts that they are much more than a physical body, living in a material world. For that reason,  I would say the Spirit World serves the Universe, this is just my opinion though. 

    It has been said by those communicating from the Spirit World that initial we start life on the Astral Plane, a part of the Spirit World. Here we meet our loved ones and then progress to the next level and continue to progress to other planes as we evolve spiritually.

    As we are spirits, the only world I know of where we will find ourselves when our life on earth is done, is the Spirit world. 

    Has for each planet having their own Spirit World. The life forms on any such planet may be more spiritually evolved than we are now. Or, they may not be. I simply wouldn't know Joan.   
    avatar
    Detlef
    Member

    Male
    Number of posts : 923
    Age : 70
    Location : Australia
    Registration date : 2010-09-25

    Re: Protection?

    Post  Detlef on Sat Jun 21, 2014 3:01 am

    "Whom are we asking for protection? If protection were necessary wouldn't they already know that? And just what are we asking for protection against?"

    To me this question is very simple and strait forward, since I only connect to anything trough what I call my divine self.
    Any connection I make is filtered though this "unit". It protects me, guides me in this life. That's it's purpose.
    But even when I talk to it, there are interferences all the time. They can be very subtle, where a message comes slightly different, and other times the energy changes and I feel it in a different part in my body then usually.
    I can tell the entity, that interferes to get lost, and it will, or I usually, if I want to talk about something important, as for protection.
    This takes only a second.
    Why do we need to?
    Those controlling entities don't play by the same rules as the non controlling.
    If we go along with the interferences, those we wanted to connect with will step back. Unless we ask specific question, or make requests.
    For that we need to be aware first. In the same time it teaches us the difference.
    Edgar Cayce was connected to an entity who mislead him for a wile.
    Something similar happened to Carla Rueckert.
    As for Mediums, not sure. A medium tries to make a connection or get some reading around a person and in most cases can not tell what they are connecting to. Even when I did this kind of thing, I always did it through my divine self.
    avatar
    partofme
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 820
    Age : 44
    Location : USA
    Job/hobbies : spiritual growth, repurposer, gardening...anything creative.
    Registration date : 2013-05-29

    Re: Protection?

    Post  partofme on Sat Jun 21, 2014 3:25 am

    To me, there isnt a purpose to asking for protection other than to calm your mind. Which may or may not be necessary always to ask?..Depends on if you feel its needed.  I look to it as a frame of mind.  Some look to affirmations for this. 

    Feeling like one is protected automatically unless you mind or body are altered...much like getting a cold.  Only on a vibrational level.
    The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
    avatar
    SpiritVoices
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Location : UK
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

    Re: Protection?

    Post  SpiritVoices on Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:48 pm

    Out sider spirits?

    Are you talking about spirits we are not familiar with?

    Evil spirits?   Question?   How do we tell which spirit is evil?
    The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

    Next
    Newbie

    Number of posts : 16
    Registration date : 2017-01-24

    Re: Protection?

    Post  Next on Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:06 pm

    Some people experience very legitimate dangers from the spirit world. Some people are immune. Depends on personality type. I'm immune, so I don't need protection, structure, classes, rituals, books, etc. I freestyle everything and don't have any negative consequences. This would be a recipe for insanity, disease, and death for some people.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Protection?

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:14 pm