A forum for seekers everywhere...


    The Origin of Mediumship.

    Share
    avatar
    SpiritVoices
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Location : UK
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

    The Origin of Mediumship.

    Post  SpiritVoices on Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:36 pm

    From where in the physical body does the gift of mediumship originate from?

    The brain,the heart,the stomach,the soul......of where ever?

    zerdini
    Member

    Male
    Number of posts : 611
    Location : UK
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2011-01-28

    Re: The Origin of Mediumship.

    Post  zerdini on Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:19 pm

    None of the above!
    avatar
    Auras
    Member

    Male
    Number of posts : 1991
    Age : 19
    Location : United Kingdom, Liverpool.
    Registration date : 2012-05-06

    Re: The Origin of Mediumship.

    Post  Auras on Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:34 pm

    SpiritVoices wrote:From where in the physical body does the gift of mediumship originate from?

    The brain,the heart,the stomach,the soul......of where ever?
    From the solar plexus
    avatar
    SpiritVoices
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Location : UK
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

    Re: The Origin of Mediumship.

    Post  SpiritVoices on Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:45 pm

    zerdini wrote:None of the above!

    Um,ok Zerdini....you wouldn't like to tell us,would you.....? lol
    avatar
    SpiritVoices
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Location : UK
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

    Re: The Origin of Mediumship.

    Post  SpiritVoices on Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:47 pm

    Auras wrote:
    SpiritVoices wrote:From where in the physical body does the gift of mediumship originate from?

    The brain,the heart,the stomach,the soul......of where ever?
    From the solar plexus

    Sounds interesting,Auras....would you like to explain please?
    avatar
    Detlef
    Member

    Male
    Number of posts : 923
    Age : 69
    Location : Australia
    Registration date : 2010-09-25

    Re: The Origin of Mediumship.

    Post  Detlef on Sat Jun 14, 2014 1:14 am

    SpiritVoices wrote:From where in the physical body does the gift of mediumship originate from?

    The brain,the heart,the stomach,the soul......of where ever?
    The question is from where in the physical body does it originate, not from the physical body at all.
    The spirit connected to the physical body does the sensing, and it uses various parts of the body to transfer what is does.
    Third eye chakra of cause it the pivotal point in all this. Further there are different glands and nerve systems or part of the nerve system involved to do what we do.
    avatar
    SpiritVoices
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Location : UK
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

    Re: The Origin of Mediumship.

    Post  SpiritVoices on Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:24 am

    Detlef wrote:
    SpiritVoices wrote:From where in the physical body does the gift of mediumship originate from?

    The brain,the heart,the stomach,the soul......of where ever?
    The question is from where in the physical body does it originate, not from the physical body at all.
    The spirit connected to the physical body does the sensing, and it uses various parts of the body to transfer what is does.
    Third eye chakra of cause it the pivotal point in all  this. Further there are different glands and nerve systems or part of the nerve system involved to do what we do.  
    That sounds plausible,Detlef.....Don't know an awful lot about the chakras Now where is the third eye chakra situated?
    avatar
    Detlef
    Member

    Male
    Number of posts : 923
    Age : 69
    Location : Australia
    Registration date : 2010-09-25

    Re: The Origin of Mediumship.

    Post  Detlef on Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:49 am

    Little bit above your eyes, where the brows meet in the middle, and a tick up form there.
    The pineal gland is one of the major glands inside the head where things are received.
    You can do your research on it if you are interested.
    avatar
    Auras
    Member

    Male
    Number of posts : 1991
    Age : 19
    Location : United Kingdom, Liverpool.
    Registration date : 2012-05-06

    Re: The Origin of Mediumship.

    Post  Auras on Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:45 pm

    SpiritVoices wrote:
    Auras wrote:
    SpiritVoices wrote:From where in the physical body does the gift of mediumship originate from?

    The brain,the heart,the stomach,the soul......of where ever?
    From the solar plexus

    Sounds interesting,Auras....would you like to explain please?
    The only reason I say The solar plexus is because of a mediumship meditation called "Sitting in the power". 

    Here is a little quote.


    Sitting in the Power is for psychic/medium work.  This means getting into a receptive state, so we can receive.  Like chalk and cheese really.  
     
    Plus the difference in the energy is so different you can feel it right away.  
     
    So how do we “Sit in the Power.”?  First of all use your" INTENT,” then after you get yourself ready as for meditation, relaxing and sitting comfortably, imagine you are breathing in through your solar plexus, deep but comfortable breaths, (don't overstrain) and then imagine you are exhaling out through your solar plexus, long and steady breaths.  
    Feel the power of your energy gradually grow, feel it expand outwards.  Help it to grow by feeling/seeing it expand, allowing it to expand.  Feel it be alive, excited but steady and lively at the same time.  This is hard to explain until you do it yourself.

    Let you/your power intentionally be connecting with spirit, at first not on a personal basis, but as a prelude to getting in touch with them for messages.  
     
    Then when you are ready to go into getting a message you will be surprised at how easy it is....the frequencies [energy wise] of Sitting in the Power are much more aligned to this than the frequencies of meditation.  They [the meditative states] instead, are again re-emphasizing, much more aligned to Trance and Healing Work.
     
    So try it, enjoy it, and see it it changes your spiritual work in any way.  If you wish to comment on this please do, I would appreciate it.
    avatar
    SpiritVoices
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Location : UK
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

    Re: The Origin of Mediumship.

    Post  SpiritVoices on Sat Jun 14, 2014 3:35 pm

    I understand all that,Auras but still not sure.
    Trying to remember where I read the source of the Pineal gland.

    But I think I was contradicted on that one as well...
    avatar
    shayn
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 4035
    Age : 47
    Job/hobbies : tarot reader
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

    Re: The Origin of Mediumship.

    Post  shayn on Sat Jun 14, 2014 4:52 pm

    i think there is no separation, not sure how to explain it,  there is some kind of oneness...sorry...at the moment i'm not able to put it into words.. maybe it will come to me later on....

    s
    avatar
    Auras
    Member

    Male
    Number of posts : 1991
    Age : 19
    Location : United Kingdom, Liverpool.
    Registration date : 2012-05-06

    Re: The Origin of Mediumship.

    Post  Auras on Sat Jun 14, 2014 5:10 pm

    SpiritVoices wrote:I understand all that,Auras but still not sure.
    Trying to remember where I read the source of the Pineal gland.

    But I think I was contradicted on that one as well...
    Then pineal gland it only used for seeing things that are not physical

    skye
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 1246
    Registration date : 2009-09-06

    Re: The Origin of Mediumship.

    Post  skye on Sat Jun 14, 2014 5:35 pm

    SpiritVoices wrote:From where in the physical body does the gift of mediumship originate from?

    The brain,the heart,the stomach,the soul......of where ever?
    The physical body is the vechicle we use to enable our spirit to have an experience of earthly life. There is nothing within the physical body of which mediumship originates. 

    As there is no evidence of chakra's existing, other than hearsay, I doubt very much mediumship is from those points of reference. 

    Mediumship arises due to us being spirit, i.e. from spirit to spirit.
    avatar
    Spirit of Light
    Member

    Number of posts : 82
    Registration date : 2014-05-31

    Re: The Origin of Mediumship.

    Post  Spirit of Light on Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:33 pm

    Skye you say there is no evidence of chakras existing, you perhaps mean that you cannot see or feel them? I can as many others do too. The chakras are the main organs of the physical body, they each give off a different energy vibration which can be felt and seen.

    Do you practice reiki at all? Most reiki practitioners can see and feel the chakras.
    avatar
    Auras
    Member

    Male
    Number of posts : 1991
    Age : 19
    Location : United Kingdom, Liverpool.
    Registration date : 2012-05-06

    Re: The Origin of Mediumship.

    Post  Auras on Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:38 pm

    I know chakras exist based on my own personal experiences.

    I went to a spiritualist church ans gave a reading out to one of them. It was going great, Though I was sweating. At the point where I could not get anymore information, I see a chakra spinning around with my physical eyes, But really it was my third eye seeing it. I blinked and it vanished. I say chakras tend to look like flowers.

    skye
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 1246
    Registration date : 2009-09-06

    Re: The Origin of Mediumship.

    Post  skye on Sun Jun 15, 2014 3:23 pm

    Spirit of Light wrote:Skye you say there is no evidence of chakras existing, you perhaps mean that you cannot see or feel them? I can as many others do too. The chakras are the main organs of the physical body, they each give off a different energy vibration which can be felt and seen.

    Do you practice reiki at all? Most reiki practitioners can see and feel the chakras.
    No that is not what I mean. I also have an understanding of  how chakras are supposed to work. It is said they are located close to the main organs of the physical body - this is so humans can focus upon a particular area of the physical body.  However, they are not part of the physical body. If this was correct, every person including doctors and perhaps X-Rays would quite easily see them. This is not the case because chakras are a part of the subtle body, which happens to be the aura. The reason why some people can feel the vibrations and/or see them is because they the aura is made of energy.

    The practice of chakras from my understanding, initially comes from Buddism and other Eastern philosophies. If you practice reiki, you are taught their ways, hence you will learn how to sense and feel them as a reiki healer.

    I know a few people who practice reiki and I have had reiki healing. I have to conclude there was no differences felt in the healing sessons between a reiki practitioner to that of a Spiritualist healer. It makes sense that all practicing healers link to the same source of energy, but each individual groups will practice and use different methods.

    skye
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 1246
    Registration date : 2009-09-06

    Re: The Origin of Mediumship.

    Post  skye on Sun Jun 15, 2014 3:55 pm

    Auras wrote:I know chakras exist based on my own personal experiences.

    I went to a spiritualist church ans gave a reading out to one of them. It was going great, Though I was sweating. At the point where I could not get anymore information, I see a chakra spinning around with my physical eyes, But really it was my third eye seeing it. I blinked and it vanished. I say chakras tend to look like flowers.
    Auras if you choose to use chakras in your mediumship or in your daily life you have that right to do so due to having free will. Nonetheless, they are not necessary for mediumship. If anything they overly complicate matters which in reality is a simple process.

    When we close our eyes, we may gently lift them to an area of focus, usually the forehead. This acts as TV screen. However, when we receive information, it is not coming from the forehead or the third eye, it is coming from the mind. 

    I know a number of people who claim their chakras are not flowers. They use their own symbolic symbol. This in itself imo, suggests they are not part of the physically body, otherwise all people using them would both say and see the exact same thing!
    avatar
    Auras
    Member

    Male
    Number of posts : 1991
    Age : 19
    Location : United Kingdom, Liverpool.
    Registration date : 2012-05-06

    Re: The Origin of Mediumship.

    Post  Auras on Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:54 pm

    skye wrote:
    Auras wrote:I know chakras exist based on my own personal experiences.

    I went to a spiritualist church ans gave a reading out to one of them. It was going great, Though I was sweating. At the point where I could not get anymore information, I see a chakra spinning around with my physical eyes, But really it was my third eye seeing it. I blinked and it vanished. I say chakras tend to look like flowers.
    Auras if you choose to use chakras in your mediumship or in your daily life you have that right to do so due to having free will. Nonetheless, they are not necessary for mediumship. If anything they overly complicate matters which in reality is a simple process.

    When we close our eyes, we may gently lift them to an area of focus, usually the forehead. This acts as TV screen. However, when we receive information, it is not coming from the forehead or the third eye, it is coming from the mind. 

    I know a number of people who claim their chakras are not flowers. They use their own symbolic symbol. This in itself imo, suggests they are not part of the physically body, otherwise all people using them would both say and see the exact same thing!
    whoa whoa whoa, The free will thing again lol, Never mind about that.

    For me and every other medium, Chakra are very important. The chakras definitely heighten your awareness.

    If you read up earlier I shared a quote from someone who used there chakras to actually unlock there true mediumship potential. Saying that, we need our chakras balanced otherwise it can effect our physical self, let's say if our heart chakra is someone blocked or unbalanced, You might be having problems regarding relationships and love. Same goes for the third eye, if your third eye is not balanced or blocked you are going to find it hard to communicate spirit's with the third eye. For me its a very big deal.

    skye
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 1246
    Registration date : 2009-09-06

    Re: The Origin of Mediumship.

    Post  skye on Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:26 pm

    Auras wrote:
    skye wrote:
    Auras wrote:I know chakras exist based on my own personal experiences.

    I went to a spiritualist church ans gave a reading out to one of them. It was going great, Though I was sweating. At the point where I could not get anymore information, I see a chakra spinning around with my physical eyes, But really it was my third eye seeing it. I blinked and it vanished. I say chakras tend to look like flowers.
    Auras if you choose to use chakras in your mediumship or in your daily life you have that right to do so due to having free will. Nonetheless, they are not necessary for mediumship. If anything they overly complicate matters which in reality is a simple process.

    When we close our eyes, we may gently lift them to an area of focus, usually the forehead. This acts as TV screen. However, when we receive information, it is not coming from the forehead or the third eye, it is coming from the mind. 

    I know a number of people who claim their chakras are not flowers. They use their own symbolic symbol. This in itself imo, suggests they are not part of the physically body, otherwise all people using them would both say and see the exact same thing!
    whoa whoa whoa, The free will thing again lol, Never mind about that.

    For me and every other medium, Chakra are very important. The chakras definitely heighten your awareness.

    If you read up earlier I shared a quote from someone who used there chakras to actually unlock there true mediumship potential. Saying that, we need our chakras balanced otherwise it can effect our physical self, let's say if our heart chakra is someone blocked or unbalanced, You might be having problems regarding relationships and love. Same goes for the third eye, if your third eye is not balanced or blocked you are going to find it hard to communicate spirit's with the third eye. For me its a very big deal.


    You are wrong to assume that all mediums consider chakras to be important, for this is not so. Many mediums do not work with chakras both in the past and in the present day, they have no problem doing a demonstration of mediumship.  How would you suggest these mediums have heightened their levels of awareness? 

    Going of your last statement, blaming or saying a person's chakras are out of alignment, or need cleansing or whatever other wording people may choose to use is irresponsible. People should be encouraged to accept and take on board their own responsbilities for the various situations that are going wrong in their lives. 

    You have the right to believe what you wish to believe and if it works for you, then go with it.
    avatar
    Auras
    Member

    Male
    Number of posts : 1991
    Age : 19
    Location : United Kingdom, Liverpool.
    Registration date : 2012-05-06

    Re: The Origin of Mediumship.

    Post  Auras on Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:05 pm

    skye wrote:
    Auras wrote:
    skye wrote:
    Auras wrote:I know chakras exist based on my own personal experiences.

    I went to a spiritualist church ans gave a reading out to one of them. It was going great, Though I was sweating. At the point where I could not get anymore information, I see a chakra spinning around with my physical eyes, But really it was my third eye seeing it. I blinked and it vanished. I say chakras tend to look like flowers.
    Auras if you choose to use chakras in your mediumship or in your daily life you have that right to do so due to having free will. Nonetheless, they are not necessary for mediumship. If anything they overly complicate matters which in reality is a simple process.

    When we close our eyes, we may gently lift them to an area of focus, usually the forehead. This acts as TV screen. However, when we receive information, it is not coming from the forehead or the third eye, it is coming from the mind. 

    I know a number of people who claim their chakras are not flowers. They use their own symbolic symbol. This in itself imo, suggests they are not part of the physically body, otherwise all people using them would both say and see the exact same thing!
    whoa whoa whoa, The free will thing again lol, Never mind about that.

    For me and every other medium, Chakra are very important. The chakras definitely heighten your awareness.

    If you read up earlier I shared a quote from someone who used there chakras to actually unlock there true mediumship potential. Saying that, we need our chakras balanced otherwise it can effect our physical self, let's say if our heart chakra is someone blocked or unbalanced, You might be having problems regarding relationships and love. Same goes for the third eye, if your third eye is not balanced or blocked you are going to find it hard to communicate spirit's with the third eye. For me its a very big deal.


    You are wrong to assume that all mediums consider chakras to be important, for this is not so. Many mediums do not work with chakras both in the past and in the present day, they have no problem doing a demonstration of mediumship.  How would you suggest these mediums have heightened their levels of awareness? 

    Going of your last statement, blaming or saying a person's chakras are out of alignment, or need cleansing or whatever other wording people may choose to use is irresponsible. People should be encouraged to accept and take on board their own responsbilities for the various situations that are going wrong in their lives. 

    You have the right to believe what you wish to believe and if it works for you, then go with it.
    Sorry, I worded it wrong. "Mediums should find chakras important". I did not blame or say anyone was out of alignment I was just giving an example. If your read my 2nd reply to the thread you will see why I said chakras heightens ones awareness.

    Also, I am very tired of you saying Im wrong on every post, so I shall not discuss this subject any further.

    skye
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 1246
    Registration date : 2009-09-06

    Re: The Origin of Mediumship.

    Post  skye on Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:40 pm

    Auras wrote:
    skye wrote:
    Auras wrote:
    skye wrote:
    Auras wrote:I know chakras exist based on my own personal experiences.

    I went to a spiritualist church ans gave a reading out to one of them. It was going great, Though I was sweating. At the point where I could not get anymore information, I see a chakra spinning around with my physical eyes, But really it was my third eye seeing it. I blinked and it vanished. I say chakras tend to look like flowers.
    Auras if you choose to use chakras in your mediumship or in your daily life you have that right to do so due to having free will. Nonetheless, they are not necessary for mediumship. If anything they overly complicate matters which in reality is a simple process.

    When we close our eyes, we may gently lift them to an area of focus, usually the forehead. This acts as TV screen. However, when we receive information, it is not coming from the forehead or the third eye, it is coming from the mind. 

    I know a number of people who claim their chakras are not flowers. They use their own symbolic symbol. This in itself imo, suggests they are not part of the physically body, otherwise all people using them would both say and see the exact same thing!
    whoa whoa whoa, The free will thing again lol, Never mind about that.

    For me and every other medium, Chakra are very important. The chakras definitely heighten your awareness.

    If you read up earlier I shared a quote from someone who used there chakras to actually unlock there true mediumship potential. Saying that, we need our chakras balanced otherwise it can effect our physical self, let's say if our heart chakra is someone blocked or unbalanced, You might be having problems regarding relationships and love. Same goes for the third eye, if your third eye is not balanced or blocked you are going to find it hard to communicate spirit's with the third eye. For me its a very big deal.


    You are wrong to assume that all mediums consider chakras to be important, for this is not so. Many mediums do not work with chakras both in the past and in the present day, they have no problem doing a demonstration of mediumship.  How would you suggest these mediums have heightened their levels of awareness? 

    Going of your last statement, blaming or saying a person's chakras are out of alignment, or need cleansing or whatever other wording people may choose to use is irresponsible. People should be encouraged to accept and take on board their own responsbilities for the various situations that are going wrong in their lives. 

    You have the right to believe what you wish to believe and if it works for you, then go with it.
    Sorry, I worded it wrong. "Mediums should find chakras important". I did not blame or say anyone was out of alignment I was just giving an example. If your read my 2nd reply to the thread you will see why I said chakras heightens ones awareness.

    Also, I am very tired of you saying Im wrong on every post, so I shall not discuss this subject any further.

    I was trying to help but it's fine by me. If you can't take criticism then so be it. Not all criticism is negative. Further more, I have never said you are wrong on any post, bar this one, where I said you are wrong to assume...
    My reference to blaming is not a personal attack either, it's a general comment, one that some people may decide something along the lines of, " I can do what the hell I want, it's my chakras that are not balanced, that's the cause of my bad behaviour, not me." Yes, a step too far but some people will believe this rather than stand up and be responsible for themselves.

    Suit yourself Auras, it's no loss on my part whether you want to reply or not.
    avatar
    Detlef
    Member

    Male
    Number of posts : 923
    Age : 69
    Location : Australia
    Registration date : 2010-09-25

    Re: The Origin of Mediumship.

    Post  Detlef on Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:41 pm

    When we close our eyes, we may gently lift them to an area of focus, usually the forehead. This acts as TV screen. However, when we receive information, it is not coming from the forehead or the third eye, it is coming from the mind.


    In that case it's coming from you pineal gland

    skye
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 1246
    Registration date : 2009-09-06

    Re: The Origin of Mediumship.

    Post  skye on Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:50 pm

    Detlef wrote:When we close our eyes, we may gently lift them to an area of focus, usually the forehead. This acts as TV screen. However, when we receive information, it is not coming from the forehead or the third eye, it is coming from the mind.


    In that case it's coming from you pineal gland
    You appear to have misunderstood what I have written Detlef. I was initially describing what it seems we do when we close our eyes. The last sentence is where I said the information is coming from ones mind, not the pineal gland.
    avatar
    Detlef
    Member

    Male
    Number of posts : 923
    Age : 69
    Location : Australia
    Registration date : 2010-09-25

    Re: The Origin of Mediumship.

    Post  Detlef on Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:57 pm

    Yes, I do this a lot

    (still the mind has very little to do with it, depending what we understand the mind is)

    skye
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 1246
    Registration date : 2009-09-06

    Re: The Origin of Mediumship.

    Post  skye on Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:00 am

    Detlef wrote:Yes, I do this a lot
    As do I and no doubt so do a good number of people.

    Sponsored content

    Re: The Origin of Mediumship.

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:13 am