A forum for seekers everywhere...


    Organ Transplant

    Share
    avatar
    Spirit of Light
    Member

    Number of posts : 82
    Registration date : 2014-05-31

    Organ Transplant

    Post  Spirit of Light on Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:11 pm

    I wondered what people felt about organ transplant? Does your belief allow you to do this?  
    Do you think there is a time to die and if there is and then a person dies because it is their time will the transplanted organ live or die?

    "There is a time to be born and there is a time for you to die. If that time to die is reached then transplants will not succeed in maintaining you in your world."
    avatar
    Lion L
    Member

    Male
    Number of posts : 57
    Age : 46
    Location : East Midlands, England, UK
    Job/hobbies : Knowledge, gaining and sharing
    Registration date : 2014-05-15

    Re: Organ Transplant

    Post  Lion L on Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:16 pm

    I carry a donor card.  If my organs can save another's life when I no longer need them than I will happily donate.

    If what you say is true, "There is a time to be born and there is a time for you to die. If that time to die is reached then transplants will not succeed in maintaining you in your world," then the organ transplants have been the means by which many have reached their appointed time.
    avatar
    SpiritVoices
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Location : UK
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

    Re: Organ Transplant

    Post  SpiritVoices on Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:33 pm

    Lion L wrote:I carry a donor card.  If my organs can save another's life when I no longer need them than I will happily donate.

    If what you say is true, "There is a time to be born and there is a time for you to die. If that time to die is reached then transplants will not succeed in maintaining you in your world," then the organ transplants have been the means by which many have reached their appointed time.

    True. We are given a time to live and a time to die,nothing will change that fact.
    avatar
    Spirit of Light
    Member

    Number of posts : 82
    Registration date : 2014-05-31

    Re: Organ Transplant

    Post  Spirit of Light on Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:37 pm

    Lion L wrote:I carry a donor card.  If my organs can save another's life when I no longer need them than I will happily donate.

    If what you say is true, "There is a time to be born and there is a time for you to die. If that time to die is reached then transplants will not succeed in maintaining you in your world," then the organ transplants have been the means by which many have reached their appointed time.

    I carry a card too and I can't believe that our time is fixed otherwise what is free choice and free will all about?

    What does the L mean after the Lion? Are you a Lionel?
    avatar
    SpiritVoices
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Location : UK
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

    Re: Organ Transplant

    Post  SpiritVoices on Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:42 pm

    You're getting the physical world and the spirit world mixed up.

    The two dimensions are completely different....look on the internet for information about the Spirit World.

    mac
    Member

    Male
    Number of posts : 3704
    Age : 71
    Location : Valley of the Sun, Arizona
    Job/hobbies : retired
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

    Re: Organ Transplant

    Post  mac on Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:23 pm

    Spirit of Light wrote:I wondered what people felt about organ transplant? Does your belief allow you to do this?  
    Do you think there is a time to die and if there is and then a person dies because it is their time will the transplanted organ live or die?

    "There is a time to be born and there is a time for you to die. If that time to die is reached then transplants will not succeed in maintaining you in your world."
     Silver Birch's words?  They have perplexed me for some time - contrary to what some may think I don't accept without question everything SB said! 

    Reading them carefully he doesn't say that transplantation mustn't be used.  Plainly if there's a time beyond which we're destined NOT to go then no earthly intercession could extend that time.  But before that point of intended passing over a failed organ may be replaced and the sufferer could survive as long as the transplanted organ works, right up to the point at which physical death was to happen. 

    I'm comfortable with the notion of organ donations, wouldn't refuse one if I had the need and have left my body to be used in any way surgeons/researchers see fit when I kick my clogs. 
    avatar
    SpiritVoices
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Location : UK
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

    Re: Organ Transplant

    Post  SpiritVoices on Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:51 pm

    mac wrote:
    Spirit of Light wrote:I wondered what people felt about organ transplant? Does your belief allow you to do this?  
    Do you think there is a time to die and if there is and then a person dies because it is their time will the transplanted organ live or die?

    "There is a time to be born and there is a time for you to die. If that time to die is reached then transplants will not succeed in maintaining you in your world."
     Silver Birch's words?  They have perplexed me for some time - contrary to what some may think I don't accept without question everything SB said! 

    Reading them carefully he doesn't say that transplantation mustn't be used.  Plainly if there's a time beyond which we're destined NOT to go then no earthly intercession could extend that time.  But before that point of intended passing over a failed organ may be replaced and the sufferer could survive as long as the transplanted organ works, right up to the point at which physical death was to happen. 

    I'm comfortable with the notion of organ donations, wouldn't refuse one if I had the need and have left my body to be used in any way surgeons/researchers see fit when I kick my clogs. 
    I've queried SB's words as well.....many a time.

    But  I still accept that most of what he says makes sense.
    avatar
    1antique
    Elite

    Male
    Number of posts : 3369
    Age : 61
    Location : Oregon
    Job/hobbies : Searching For The Truth
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

    Re: Organ Transplant

    Post  1antique on Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:27 pm

    This question reminds me of a story I once read. It goes something like this:

    A flood was coming and everyone was told to evacuate. One man decided he would stay. 'God will protect me', he said.


    The flood came and he was forced to go to the second floor of his house. A man came over in a rowboat and offered to help him to safety. Again the man declined, saying that God would protect him.


    The water continued to rise and the man was forced to flee to the roof.


    Soon, a helicopter came to carry him to safety. Once again he declined, saying that God would protect him.


    Shortly after, the flood waters rose and the man drowned.


    Arriving in heaven, the man confronted God and asked why he did not protect him.


    To this, God replied: I gave you the chance to evacuate, and I sent you a boat to carry you to safety...both times you refused. Then, as a last resort, I sent a helicopter to save you. Again, you denied my offer of help.


    It is not my fault that you are too blind to see and accept what is offered to you.

    In my opinion, operations and transplants are no different. They are a gift offered by God to us. It is our choice to accept that gift or not.
    avatar
    SpiritVoices
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Location : UK
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

    Re: Organ Transplant

    Post  SpiritVoices on Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:52 pm

    I can see the sense of what you say,1antique......Maybe sometimes we don't look hard enough just to see who 'saves' us.
    We think we have done all the good ourselves.....
    avatar
    Detlef
    Member

    Male
    Number of posts : 923
    Age : 71
    Location : Australia
    Registration date : 2010-09-25

    Re: Organ Transplant

    Post  Detlef on Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:09 am

    Not sure why there would be something "wrong" in organ transplant, as long the ethics are observed.
    The only thing that interests me, are residual energies from the organ donor , will they influence the recipient.

    mac
    Member

    Male
    Number of posts : 3704
    Age : 71
    Location : Valley of the Sun, Arizona
    Job/hobbies : retired
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

    Re: Organ Transplant

    Post  mac on Sat Jun 07, 2014 6:36 am

    Detlef wrote:Not sure why there would be something "wrong" in organ transplant, as long the ethics are observed.
    The only thing that interests me, are residual energies from the organ donor , will they influence the recipient.
      Are there any (negative) residual energies?  If so I'd guess it's only they that would matter as positive ones would presumably help.... 

    If residual energies are indeed a potential risk for a recipient it might be because of that that Silver Birch seemed less-than-enthusiastic about organ transplant.  I don't recall him explaining things that way but it's some time since I read his words on the subject.
    avatar
    SpiritVoices
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Location : UK
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

    Re: Organ Transplant

    Post  SpiritVoices on Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:47 am

    Detlef wrote:Not sure why there would be something "wrong" in organ transplant, as long the ethics are observed.
    The only thing that interests me, are residual energies from the organ donor , will they influence the recipient.
    That question has been asked so many times.....I've often pondered on the answer to that many times.  But as transplants are physical would they have any effect at all?
    avatar
    SpiritVoices
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Location : UK
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

    Re: Organ Transplant

    Post  SpiritVoices on Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:49 am

    mac wrote:
    Detlef wrote:Not sure why there would be something "wrong" in organ transplant, as long the ethics are observed.
    The only thing that interests me, are residual energies from the organ donor , will they influence the recipient.
      Are there any (negative) residual energies?  If so I'd guess it's only they that would matter as positive ones would presumably help.... 

    If residual energies are indeed a potential risk for a recipient it might be because of that that Silver Birch seemed less-than-enthusiastic about organ transplant.  I don't recall him explaining things that way but it's some time since I read his words on the subject.
    Only because they would not affect the length of the life of the recipient.

    skye
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 1247
    Registration date : 2009-09-06

    Re: Organ Transplant

    Post  skye on Sat Jun 07, 2014 1:03 pm

    Spirit of Light wrote:


    I carry a card too and I can't believe that our time is fixed otherwise what is free choice and free will all about?

    Free will is limited and suggests that we are free to make our own decisions as to how we conduct our lives. We are spirits experiencing life through a physical body. Our Soul knows when we will depart this earthly world, regardless of health conditions or age. No one person can exercise their free will or control then. 

    If organ transplants enable a person to continue to live their lives, the soul is not ready to leave this mortal coil.

    Auras
    Member

    Male
    Number of posts : 2025
    Age : 20
    Location : United Kingdom, Liverpool.
    Registration date : 2012-05-06

    Re: Organ Transplant

    Post  Auras on Sat Jun 07, 2014 3:22 pm

    skye wrote:
    Spirit of Light wrote:


    I carry a card too and I can't believe that our time is fixed otherwise what is free choice and free will all about?

    Free will is limited and suggests that we are free to make our own decisions as to how we conduct our lives. We are spirits experiencing life through a physical body. Our Soul knows when we will depart this earthly world, regardless of health conditions or age. No one person can exercise their free will or control then. 

    If organ transplants enable a person to continue to live their lives, the soul is not ready to leave this mortal coil.
    This Topic kind of hard for me, Because There's free will and then there things just happening. By that I mean my belief is that everything is planned. but I also believe in Free will. Off topic sorry.

    But as I stated above? What if it is not a choice? and you're meant to do it?

    skye
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 1247
    Registration date : 2009-09-06

    Re: Organ Transplant

    Post  skye on Sat Jun 07, 2014 5:10 pm

    Auras wrote:
    skye wrote:
    Spirit of Light wrote:


    I carry a card too and I can't believe that our time is fixed otherwise what is free choice and free will all about?

    Free will is limited and suggests that we are free to make our own decisions as to how we conduct our lives. We are spirits experiencing life through a physical body. Our Soul knows when we will depart this earthly world, regardless of health conditions or age. No one person can exercise their free will or control then. 

    If organ transplants enable a person to continue to live their lives, the soul is not ready to leave this mortal coil.
    This Topic kind of hard for me, Because There's free will and then there things just happening. By that I mean my belief is that everything is planned. but I also believe in Free will. Off topic sorry.

    But as I stated above? What if it is not a choice? and you're meant to do it?

    Aura's, I don't believe things are meant to happen or someone is meant to do something. Life is a natural state of cause and effect. We each make choices dependent on the circumstances. If someone wants to do a certain career, they work at it. If it's within their potential and with their effort they will achieve their goal. If not, they usually give up and will not succeed. I can't see it as being a given right just because something was planned in the world of spirit. A choice has to be made by someone as to whether or not to initiate the process.

    Freewill can also mean, do we decide to go to work today or go and have some fun? Do we choose kindness and compassion over cruelty to all life forms? Do we come from a place of love or hatred? 

    When it's said that people come into your life for a reason, this may be so, yet we can still use our freewill to accept or refuse their friendship. 

    Also, no person is meant to be severely disabled, it's due to physical causes either from the parents or their family history, such as genetics or other scientific or medical terminology which the medical teams may use. Or, it's the environment in which they live.  No one is to blame in those circumstances, as it's out of peoples control. Likewise, no one is meant to kill another. It's the freewill of the perpetrator, they always have a choice. 

    I don't accept anyone's future or destiny is set in stone, it can change in a heartbeat, either by our freewill or the freewill of other people.
    avatar
    SpiritVoices
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Location : UK
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

    Re: Organ Transplant

    Post  SpiritVoices on Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:41 pm

    I think what SB meant is birth and death follow a pattern.....chosen by us before we are born.   Mostly the date of birth and death cannot be changed..

    mac
    Member

    Male
    Number of posts : 3704
    Age : 71
    Location : Valley of the Sun, Arizona
    Job/hobbies : retired
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

    Re: Organ Transplant

    Post  mac on Sun Jun 08, 2014 7:14 pm

    skye wrote:
    Auras wrote:
    skye wrote:
    Spirit of Light wrote:......hen there things just happening. By that I mean my belief is that everything is planned. but I also believe in Free will. Off topic sorry.

    But as I stated above? What if it is not a choice? and you're meant to do it?

    Aura's, I don't believe things are meant to happen or someone is meant to do something. Life is a natural state of cause and effect. We each make choices dependent on the circumstances. If someone wants to do a certain career, they work at it. If it's within their potential and with their effort they will achieve their goal. If not, they usually give up and will not succeed. I can't see it as being a given right just because something was planned in the world of spirit. A choice has to be made by someone as to whether or not to initiate the process.

    Freewill can also mean, do we decide to go to work today or go and have some fun? Do we choose kindness and compassion over cruelty to all life forms? Do we come from a place of love or hatred? 

    When it's said that people come into your life for a reason, this may be so, yet we can still use our freewill to accept or refuse their friendship. 

    Also, no person is meant to be severely disabled, it's due to physical causes either from the parents or their family history, such as genetics or other scientific or medical terminology which the medical teams may use. Or, it's the environment in which they live.  No one is to blame in those circumstances, as it's out of peoples control. Likewise, no one is meant to kill another. It's the freewill of the perpetrator, they always have a choice. 

    I don't accept anyone's future or destiny is set in stone, it can change in a heartbeat, either by our freewill or the freewill of other people.
    On the last point I'm in agreement but I think it's not clear-cut in the sense of someone disabled. 

    Disablement could, of course, be down to something having gone wrong; plain and simple, not a spiritually-chosen outcome.  What we can't know, however, is whether a particular disability was the outcome of a choice made before entering this world - a similar situation to neo-natal death when such an intention sounds absurd without context but may, nonetheless, have been planned.  It's taken me some time to accept that possibility.

    The situation of killer-and-victim is one I am still unpersuaded about.  Prior arrangement of such a situation I have to concede MIGHT have occurred but I'd guess it would be an uncommon one.  It takes us well beyond the normal considerations concerning life and death.
    avatar
    Spirit of Light
    Member

    Number of posts : 82
    Registration date : 2014-05-31

    Re: Organ Transplant

    Post  Spirit of Light on Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:48 pm

    SpiritVoices wrote:I think what SB meant is birth and death follow a pattern.....chosen by us before we are born.   Mostly the date of birth and death cannot be changed..

    I haven't found that anywhere in the transcripts. Do you know where that idea came from please?
    avatar
    SpiritVoices
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Location : UK
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

    Re: Organ Transplant

    Post  SpiritVoices on Mon Jun 09, 2014 2:07 pm

    Have you read the actual book where from SB gave his knowledge?

    What he was saying was.....we are given a time to be born and to die.

    We may suffer illnesses or have transplants but they do not lengthen our life span...
    avatar
    somnium
    Member

    Number of posts : 313
    Registration date : 2013-04-05

    Re: Organ Transplant

    Post  somnium on Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:02 pm

    I believe that through life and death anything may be reached. Both forces work for each other and support each other. Most people's awareness of death is very limited or none at all. Death and Life both create and perpetuate Infinity. It is our life that brings our death and our death that brings new life into form, this cycle can produce any and all arrangements of both life and death. Many never learn to see that it is our life that creates our death, or that our life spreads and grows through the void space that is left by death, or nothingness. Where there is nothingness there is new space to grow, to become and to be. Without this emptyness where would life spread? Without our death where would life be liberated to go next, or would we be forever captive within one life's painting? The totality of the two create a perfect balance that generates all ways of life and all ways of death, creating the totality of life and the totality of death, everything and nothing, which happen both together at the same time.  This balance gives us freedom of any way to see and experience, for all ways are, and all ways are not. If your choices and freedom sees that death is preplanned and set then you will walk into this reality and sustain it with your life, your will, your light that shines in the darkness and sets it. Your life's projection, arrangement, configuration. It is the values of our life that we see and walk through, it is our life that sets itself up like expectations from our choices and our awareness. Sure we are handed down the lives of many before us, and we gladly accept their experiences as solid facts and truths, and yet the fact and truth is free before us and we can accept any truth and any way, even creating our very own new way.
    avatar
    SpiritVoices
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Location : UK
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

    Re: Organ Transplant

    Post  SpiritVoices on Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:26 pm

    somnium wrote:I believe that through life and death anything may be reached. Both forces work for each other and support each other. Most people's awareness of death is very limited or none at all. Death and Life both create and perpetuate Infinity. It is our life that brings our death and our death that brings new life into form, this cycle can produce any and all arrangements of both life and death. Many never learn to see that it is our life that creates our death, or that our life spreads and grows through the void space that is left by death, or nothingness. Where there is nothingness there is new space to grow, to become and to be. Without this emptyness where would life spread? Without our death where would life be liberated to go next, or would we be forever captive within one life's painting? The totality of the two create a perfect balance that generates all ways of life and all ways of death, creating the totality of life and the totality of death, everything and nothing, which happen both together at the same time.  This balance gives us freedom of any way to see and experience, for all ways are, and all ways are not. If your choices and freedom sees that death is preplanned and set then you will walk into this reality and sustain it with your life, your will, your light that shines in the darkness and sets it. Your life's projection, arrangement, configuration. It is the values of our life that we see and walk through, it is our life that sets itself up like expectations from our choices and our awareness. Sure we are handed down the lives of many before us, and we gladly accept their experiences as solid facts and truths, and yet the fact and truth is free before us and we can accept any truth and any way, even creating our very own new way.
    'Our life creates our death'.

    I'm with you,Somnium.     Are you saying that the kind of life we live can lead to an early death?
    Are we talking about previous lives here as well?   How we live one life can have an effect on the next life....

    mac
    Member

    Male
    Number of posts : 3704
    Age : 71
    Location : Valley of the Sun, Arizona
    Job/hobbies : retired
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

    Re: Organ Transplant

    Post  mac on Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:50 pm

    Wonder if detlef will come back on the 'residual energies' aspect?

    mac
    Member

    Male
    Number of posts : 3704
    Age : 71
    Location : Valley of the Sun, Arizona
    Job/hobbies : retired
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

    Re: Organ Transplant

    Post  mac on Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:52 pm

    somnium wrote:I believe that through life and death anything may be reached. Both forces work for each other and support each other. Most people's awareness of death is very limited or none at all. Death and Life both create and perpetuate Infinity. It is our life that brings our death and our death that brings new life into form, this cycle can produce any and all arrangements of both life and death. Many never learn to see that it is our life that creates our death, or that our life spreads and grows through the void space that is left by death, or nothingness. Where there is nothingness there is new space to grow, to become and to be. Without this emptyness where would life spread? Without our death where would life be liberated to go next, or would we be forever captive within one life's painting? The totality of the two create a perfect balance that generates all ways of life and all ways of death, creating the totality of life and the totality of death, everything and nothing, which happen both together at the same time.  This balance gives us freedom of any way to see and experience, for all ways are, and all ways are not. If your choices and freedom sees that death is preplanned and set then you will walk into this reality and sustain it with your life, your will, your light that shines in the darkness and sets it. Your life's projection, arrangement, configuration. It is the values of our life that we see and walk through, it is our life that sets itself up like expectations from our choices and our awareness. Sure we are handed down the lives of many before us, and we gladly accept their experiences as solid facts and truths, and yet the fact and truth is free before us and we can accept any truth and any way, even creating our very own new way.
    Could you be a little more clearer in what you're saying, with a few more paragraph breaks to make things easier to read?  I can't follow....

    Auras
    Member

    Male
    Number of posts : 2025
    Age : 20
    Location : United Kingdom, Liverpool.
    Registration date : 2012-05-06

    Re: Organ Transplant

    Post  Auras on Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:51 pm

    mac wrote:
    skye wrote:
    Auras wrote:
    skye wrote:
    Spirit of Light wrote:......hen there things just happening. By that I mean my belief is that everything is planned. but I also believe in Free will. Off topic sorry.

    But as I stated above? What if it is not a choice? and you're meant to do it?

    Aura's, I don't believe things are meant to happen or someone is meant to do something. Life is a natural state of cause and effect. We each make choices dependent on the circumstances. If someone wants to do a certain career, they work at it. If it's within their potential and with their effort they will achieve their goal. If not, they usually give up and will not succeed. I can't see it as being a given right just because something was planned in the world of spirit. A choice has to be made by someone as to whether or not to initiate the process.

    Freewill can also mean, do we decide to go to work today or go and have some fun? Do we choose kindness and compassion over cruelty to all life forms? Do we come from a place of love or hatred? 

    When it's said that people come into your life for a reason, this may be so, yet we can still use our freewill to accept or refuse their friendship. 

    Also, no person is meant to be severely disabled, it's due to physical causes either from the parents or their family history, such as genetics or other scientific or medical terminology which the medical teams may use. Or, it's the environment in which they live.  No one is to blame in those circumstances, as it's out of peoples control. Likewise, no one is meant to kill another. It's the freewill of the perpetrator, they always have a choice. 

    I don't accept anyone's future or destiny is set in stone, it can change in a heartbeat, either by our freewill or the freewill of other people.
    On the last point I'm in agreement but I think it's not clear-cut in the sense of someone disabled. 

    Disablement could, of course, be down to something having gone wrong; plain and simple, not a spiritually-chosen outcome.  What we can't know, however, is whether a particular disability was the outcome of a choice made before entering this world - a similar situation to neo-natal death when such an intention sounds absurd without context but may, nonetheless, have been planned.  It's taken me some time to accept that possibility.

    The situation of killer-and-victim is one I am still unpersuaded about.  Prior arrangement of such a situation I have to concede MIGHT have occurred but I'd guess it would be an uncommon one.  It takes us well beyond the normal considerations concerning life and death.
    You might like this.

    “It is part of the complementary aspect of the law that man and woman help to make the whole. Intuition can help where reason cannot give the answer. You are being given an opportunity to fulfill yourselves. You have free will. You may make your choice.

    Life is not chance, accident or even coincidence. The whole of life is governed by immutable natural law. Whatever aspect of being you examine, it is due to natural law. Human beings are not outside the operation of natural law. They are integral parts of it.

    The law has operated at a time when you have a choice to make. It is for you to make that choice. You have been led by those who love you. It is love that directs your footsteps. And that love is capable of guiding you if you will allow it to do so.

    Love, like life, is indestructible. The things of matter must perish because by their very nature they are ephemeral. The things of the spirit are eternal. Love is a quality of the spirit. Love endures, love survives, love, as your Bible says, is the fulfilling of the law.”

    “Do all the paths lead to the same place, or do they lead nowhere?” the guide was asked.

    “The word “place” is difficult. If I might put it my way, all paths lead to the one great divine source of creation. The Great Spirit, what you call “God,” is infinite. So there must be an infinite number of paths leading to the Great Spirit, the epitome of perfect love and wisdom.

    The Great Spirit is life, and life is spirit. All that is endowed with life has the quality of divinity as part of its heritage of birth. And all the beings who inhabit your planet are engaged on an eternal pilgrimage, pursuing paths that must lead in the ultimate to the one divine goal.

    It does not matter what the path is as long as the pilgrim treads it with honesty of purpose, sincerely seeking to fulfill himself, acquit himself and express those gifts with which he has been endowed so that others can be enriched for his presence on earth.”

    “Many young people today are wondering if this planet will survive for very long because of what man is doing to it.”

    “The planet will survive.”

    “Will man?”

    “Yes, man will survive too. There is a limitation placed by natural law on what man can do to the planet on which he lives. He cannot destroy the whole of the planet and all that it contains. Now this is part of man’s free will, his choice as to whether he will rise to the divinity within him or whether he will fail. In that case he will not fulfill himself. He will pass to our world unequipped and unready and have to learn all over again.

    No man, and no combination of men, have the power to thwart divine will. They can delay, they can harass and they can impede. Infinite wisdom and love rule the universe. These will prevail because that is the law.”

    Here the visitor said: “We have destroyed many things which can never return to what they were. This applies to much of what was in the ground and it is a limited place that we inhabit.”

    “But it has tremendous potentialities. There is much to be revealed in your world, much to be discovered. You are not at the end of evolution. You are still in its early stages.

    Those who are familiar with the truths of the spirit never despair. Their optimum is based on the knowledge that has been revealed to them. With that knowledge they can have complete faith in the overriding power.

    In its long history your world has had many disasters. Man has survived them. Man has progressed in spite of himself. He will continue to evolve because evolution is part of the natural law. And spiritual evolution is part of that same law.”

    At another circle meeting came the question, “How far is free will dependent on karma, for example?” The reply was:

    “The whole of life is regulated by natural laws. Nothing is left to freakishness, to miracles or to chance. All is cause and effect, sowing and reaping, otherwise the universe would be chaotic. You have evidence of the infinite plan of an infinite intelligence in the operation of natural laws wherever you look.

    It is to be seen in the sequence of the seasons, the movement of planets and galaxies, the ebb and flow of tides, the growth of a myriad forms of floral life, where natural law reigns supreme. So there is the limit which the divine power has placed because nothing can occur beyond the framework of natural law. But there are laws within laws. There are not only physical laws, there are mental and spiritual ones.

    You live, you breathe, you exist, you have your being because from the moment of conception spirit begins to associate with matter in individual form and gradually that individuality unfolds.

    It is part of the plan that you should have an element of free will, the power and the ability to make choices in certain circumstances. Used for its best and highest, you can play your part in the spiritual unfoldment and evolution of the race, the world, the universe and the cosmos because your spirit is part of the Great Spirit.

    You share in the divinity that is responsible for all that exists everywhere. You are the Great Spirit in microcosm. All that the Great Spirit has of that infinity you have and you will have eternity in which to unfold it.

    You can wake up tomorrow morning at an hour later or earlier, or you can stay in bed if you like. You can go for a walk or drive a car. You can lose your temper and hope to find it again. There is a variety of things you can do for which you have the free will.

    But you cannot stop the sun from shining, you cannot halt the tempest; these are beyond your power. Your free will is limited because your choice is restricted. There is another limitation placed on your free will. It is the mental and spiritual stage which you have reached in your development. You are free to kill, but your character will ensure that you refrain. So even when you have choices these are limited by who and what you are at the time. Like many things in the universe you have a paradox. You have free will within limitation all the time.

    Now I must go a stage further because you introduced the question of karma. This too is a very important consideration because many of those who have work to do in your world chose to do it beforehand. Though awareness may not come immediately, the choice imposes another restriction in free will.” 

    “Our consciences, are they really ours or those of the guides because they are connected with free will?”

    “You are receiving and transmitting stations. It is very seldom that you construct your own thoughts. You radio and television have channels, vibrations -- frequencies is the right word - to which they can be attuned. So you have your frequency. That enables you to receive thoughts, ideas, suggestions, inspiration, guidance and a variety of ideas from those on your wavelengths. As you receive them they are tinctured with your individuality and sent on their way so that others capture them.

    All this is determined by your evolution. The higher spiritually you are evolved the greater is the thought that can reach you. And, because of that, the greater will its effect be as you transmit it and send it on its way.”

    When the subject was raised again, the guide replied:

    “Nobody has perfect free will. It is free will within a restricted range. Your will is subject to circumstances which you cannot control. The soul knows before it reincarnates what it has to achieve. It may take a long time for awareness to dawn.

    The soul has the awareness imprinted within it. If that awareness does not dawn, then it will have to reincarnate again. If the awareness does come, then it will begin to fulfill the purpose of its incarnation.

    I cannot change human nature. It is very malleable material. It can respond to the highest and pitifully can fall to the lowest. This is the great purpose of earthly incarnation. You have within you all the divine possibilities. You have a physical body that comes from the earth, but its animation is derived from this vitalizing spirit.

    You have the choice as to how you order your existence, as to whether you give priority to spirit or to matter. That is the nature of the human problem. But you must help those who come to you wherever you can. When you cannot, leave them. For all who are brought to you it is their opportunity to find themselves. If they succeed, express gratitude for your chance to serve. But if they fail, feel sorry for them.”

    When another visitor asked about free will, Silver Birch took the opportunity to explain about its relationship to time.

    The question was direct. “How does free will operate?” The woman guest explained her interest “arose from something I read in Two Worlds where you refer to time as being the eternal present.” She added:

    “If I look back through my life I can see all the intersections, decisions I made, the operation of cause and effect, the whole chain. Supposing I had the gift of looking into the future. I should see what is lined up for me. But if that is the case, where does my free will come in?” The guide replied:

    “Forgive me for saying this, but you are a little confused. Time is the eternal present. It is not past or future. It is your relationship to time that determines your past and future. If you visualize time -- this is very hard to convey -- as a circle which is constantly moving round, the point where you touch it is what you call your present. The part where you have touched it is what you call your past. The part you have yet to touch is what you call your future. But so far as time is concerned it has no past or future.

    What you call “looking into the future” is only that ability through clairvoyance or attunement when you escape the three-dimensional boundaries of the physical world and see what will be your future. You behold the effect of the cause you put into motion, what your free will has created. But this does not affect time itself, only your relation to it.” 

    Sponsored content

    Re: Organ Transplant

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:13 am