A forum for seekers everywhere...


    The Subject of Spiritualism.

    Share
    avatar
    SpiritVoices
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Location : UK
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

    The Subject of Spiritualism.

    Post  SpiritVoices on Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:41 pm

    Do you think the interest in the subject of Spiritualism is declining?
    Or are we blaming FB for the lack or loss of the kind of sites like this one?
    Normal forum sites where one can answer a topic several days later or immediately like on FB?

    I miss these kind of sites a lot.    Where good discussions take place ever though those discussions can become rather heated.
    Thank God for Spiritual Inspiration!    Long may you reign!
    avatar
    Crystal
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 1249
    Location : UK
    Job/hobbies : Counsellor - Crystals,Tarot, Reiki and animal healing
    Registration date : 2009-06-20

    Re: The Subject of Spiritualism.

    Post  Crystal on Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:53 pm

    This question has been passed around a lot and I am glad that like me you prefer the forum approach.

    FB is immediate and when I recently spent the day with my 16 year old niece I realised that she was on FB a hundred times a day, each post, each update went straight to her phone and she would whip it out and reply with her thumbs typing the message.

    Of course FB is for most people in their real name too, which means that some will discuss their views and some won't, preferring to seek answers for problems and readings etc under a pseudonym on forums. 

    It does seem though that more take offence on forums and suddenly the moderators are put in a position of responsibility rather than the poster. On FB we are all responsible for what we write. There also isn't the immediate response and people sit and brew or contemplate then reply and for a quick fix or an immediate answer FB comes up top :(
    avatar
    SpiritVoices
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Location : UK
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

    Re: The Subject of Spiritualism.

    Post  SpiritVoices on Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:52 pm

    So true,Crystal.....Immediate responses on FB but I still enjoy browsing through the forums....

    Something just hit me!   Are you the Crystal on the SF forums?..... :blush:
    avatar
    Assumpta
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 333
    Age : 67
    Location : Los Olivos, Spain
    Job/hobbies : Retired, love reading, writing, cross-stitch and all things spiritual
    Registration date : 2011-06-23

    Re: The Subject of Spiritualism.

    Post  Assumpta on Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:39 pm

    I would hope the answer to your question Joan is no.  Although a lot of us go on fb to keep in touch with friends and I have to admit it to play some of the games there, I seriously doubt that this alone would stop a person who is serious about spiritualism in believing or declining to have anything to do with it.  Some people are believers but will openly not admit to it.

     :flo:
    avatar
    SpiritVoices
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Location : UK
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

    Re: The Subject of Spiritualism.

    Post  SpiritVoices on Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:43 pm

    Assumpta wrote:I would hope the answer to your question Joan is no.  Although a lot of us go on fb to keep in touch with friends and I have to admit it to play some of the games there, I seriously doubt that this alone would stop a person who is serious about spiritualism in believing or declining to have anything to do with it.  Some people are believers but will openly not admit to it.

     :flo:
    Like my son,Maureen.   No matter how many times I try to explain we still live after physical death,he will not even try to understand.....
     :scratch:

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: The Subject of Spiritualism.

    Post  Guest on Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:22 pm

    SpiritVoices wrote:Do you think the interest in the subject of Spiritualism is declining?
    Or are we blaming FB for the lack or loss of the kind of sites like this one?
    Normal forum sites where one can answer a topic several days later or immediately like on FB?

    I miss these kind of sites a lot.    Where good discussions take place ever though those discussions can become rather heated.
    Thank God for Spiritual Inspiration!    Long may you reign!


    The new social sites like twitter and facebook are like an invasive species. The eventual losers are forums and blogs. They will cease to exist. Facebook is too politically correct and very much materialistic.
    avatar
    SpiritVoices
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Location : UK
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

    Re: The Subject of Spiritualism.

    Post  SpiritVoices on Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:16 am

    Mr.Whitmore wrote:
    SpiritVoices wrote:Do you think the interest in the subject of Spiritualism is declining?
    Or are we blaming FB for the lack or loss of the kind of sites like this one?
    Normal forum sites where one can answer a topic several days later or immediately like on FB?

    I miss these kind of sites a lot.    Where good discussions take place ever though those discussions can become rather heated.
    Thank God for Spiritual Inspiration!    Long may you reign!


    The new social sites like twitter and facebook are like an invasive species. The eventual losers are forums and blogs. They will cease to exist. Facebook is too politically correct and very much materialistic.

    Exactly,Mr.Whitmore.   I searched the internet last evening for any new spiritualist forum sites which may suit me to do with the subject of life after death and found none.
    Once we could turn up several of these kind of sites,have our pick of them but nothing I found was in the least interesting.
    I stick to this one more than anything else,have another couple which I favour now and again.
    avatar
    Crystal
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 1249
    Location : UK
    Job/hobbies : Counsellor - Crystals,Tarot, Reiki and animal healing
    Registration date : 2009-06-20

    Re: The Subject of Spiritualism.

    Post  Crystal on Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:59 pm

    I wonder if it is because people don't think of a belief of life after death is just spiritualism? Many people just think of heaven and hell and don't think of life after death? My dad was so against any idea of religion, as a kid he was forced to attend church and just couldn't see the logic of worship and prayer, he was a fan of Dawkins and Darwin and not anything in the Bible. But now he is very old and regularly see people that have passed years ago and talks to them. Is it the mind breaking down or is spirit breaking through now his mental barriers are weaker?
    avatar
    SpiritVoices
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Location : UK
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

    Re: The Subject of Spiritualism.

    Post  SpiritVoices on Sat Apr 26, 2014 3:19 pm

    Crystal wrote:I wonder if it is because people don't think of a belief of life after death is just spiritualism? Many people just think of heaven and hell and don't think of life after death? My dad was so against any idea of religion, as a kid he was forced to attend church and just couldn't see the logic of worship and prayer, he was a fan of Dawkins and Darwin and not anything in the Bible. But now he is very old and regularly see people that have passed years ago and talks to them. Is it the mind breaking down or is spirit breaking through now his mental barriers are weaker?

    Maybe not spiritualism but a belief. Spiritualism is a word we gave to the belief.   That we believe there is another 'world' after this one.

    mac
    Member

    Male
    Number of posts : 3710
    Age : 71
    Location : Valley of the Sun, Arizona
    Job/hobbies : retired
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

    Re: The Subject of Spiritualism.

    Post  mac on Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:19 pm

    The word 'Spiritualism' (upper case 'S') is a title given to the philosophy, teachings and religion of (Modern) Spiritualism....  The word 'spiritualism' with a lower-case 's' means something like 'to do with matters spiritual' or 'being spiritual' etc. and is a general term. 

    Some will see Spiritualism as a belief system but those who know about it can explain why it's not.  There may also be beliefs that it's something it's not or or that it's not something that it actually is. Spiritualists can explain the reality. 

    Some people  believe we live on in another world after death whereas Spiritualists have certainty.

    skye
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 1247
    Registration date : 2009-09-06

    Re: The Subject of Spiritualism.

    Post  skye on Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:07 pm

    SpiritVoices wrote:Do you think the interest in the subject of Spiritualism is declining?
    Or are we blaming FB for the lack or loss of the kind of sites like this one?
    Normal forum sites where one can answer a topic several days later or immediately like on FB?

    I miss these kind of sites a lot.    Where good discussions take place ever though those discussions can become rather heated.
    Thank God for Spiritual Inspiration!    Long may you reign!

    Spiritualism to many people is a way of life, as well as a knowing of what comes in the life hereafter. Therefore I doubt it will totally decline to a non existent state. 

    Such forums like Facebook and Twitter are focused on the material aspects of life, as previously been said by another poster.

    skye
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 1247
    Registration date : 2009-09-06

    Re: The Subject of Spiritualism.

    Post  skye on Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:17 pm

    Crystal wrote:
    On FB we are all responsible for what we write. There also isn't the immediate response and people sit and brew or contemplate then reply and for a quick fix or an immediate answer FB comes up top :(
    I disagree with the first statement because whether one is on Facebook or anywhere else, we are each personally responsibly for our own behaviour, be they words, thoughts or actions.

    As for the 2nd one, I wonder if it's because the subject matter is generally more of a spiritual nature than one that is materialistic?
    avatar
    Crystal
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 1249
    Location : UK
    Job/hobbies : Counsellor - Crystals,Tarot, Reiki and animal healing
    Registration date : 2009-06-20

    Re: The Subject of Spiritualism.

    Post  Crystal on Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:35 pm

    skye wrote:
    Crystal wrote:
    On FB we are all responsible for what we write. There also isn't the immediate response and people sit and brew or contemplate then reply and for a quick fix or an immediate answer FB comes up top :(
    I disagree with the first statement because whether one is on Facebook or anywhere else, we are each personally responsibly for our own behaviour, be they words, thoughts or actions.

    As for the 2nd one, I wonder if it's because the subject matter is generally more of a spiritual nature than one that is materialistic?

    What I meant was that on FB people use their real name, on forums it is all pseudonyms and people think they can hide and say anything and stay anonymous. Being responsible for posting as Mr John Smith on FB is one thing and may lead to a loss of job or a court case or police investigation. Now when Mr John Smith joins Spiritual Inspiration and uses the name  'X Spirit Person', he can say a lot and not be responsible.  Also on FB content is directly attributable to that person, on a forum it is more likely that the moderators have to take action.
    avatar
    SpiritVoices
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Location : UK
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

    Re: The Subject of Spiritualism.

    Post  SpiritVoices on Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:25 pm

    I can certainly say I am a believer. Maybe not at the beginning,but as I hear and as I feel more and more,I just know there has be to something 'up there'!

    skye
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 1247
    Registration date : 2009-09-06

    Re: The Subject of Spiritualism.

    Post  skye on Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:09 pm

    Crystal I totally understand what you're saying. Fortunately for them nothing goes unnoticed so although they may think they can hide, we know it won't be forever. Such people may act irresponsibly but one day they will come to realise there are consequences to pay for their past actions. 


    Joanie, I think it can take a while for some people to accept there is actually something to Spiritualism. After experiencing this for themselves as you have done, there's little to entice them back to what they believed in before.
    avatar
    SpiritVoices
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Location : UK
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

    Re: The Subject of Spiritualism.

    Post  SpiritVoices on Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:43 pm

    skye wrote:Crystal I totally understand what you're saying. Fortunately for them nothing goes unnoticed so although they may think they can hide, we know it won't be forever. Such people may act irresponsibly but one day they will come to realise there are consequences to pay for their past actions. 


    Joanie, I think it can take a while for some people to accept there is actually something to Spiritualism. After experiencing this for themselves as you have done, there's little to entice them back to what they believed in before.

    So true,Skye.    I don't often see spirit but hear them.   Used to think I was going round the twist,until I received a message from a medium which held information which no one else knew about.
    That was it,I was a believer!
    avatar
    Crystal
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 1249
    Location : UK
    Job/hobbies : Counsellor - Crystals,Tarot, Reiki and animal healing
    Registration date : 2009-06-20

    Re: The Subject of Spiritualism.

    Post  Crystal on Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:46 am

    SpiritVoices wrote:
    So true,Skye.    I don't often see spirit but hear them.   Used to think I was going round the twist,until I received a message from a medium which held information which no one else knew about.
    That was it,I was a believer!


    I may look like I am playing Devil's Advocate here, but I wanted to discuss this point a bit more deeply. Being a reader I can give information which no-one else knows about but it does not mean that it was from spirit. There is a fine line between information gained psychically from the living sitter or seeker, to that which is given via the spirit world from the deceased. It is often very hard to distinguish the two unless the information is recorded and later pulled apart. This of course is not something that many people want to ever do because it shatters the illusion of a good reading.

    I went through a phase of getting as many readings in person and online as I could. It changed my outloook and made me very sceptical of most mediums. Most were fake, in that yes they gave me a reading, but it was not clear evidence from any of my deceased loved ones. They fished and cold read and used blanket terms. The readings were about how I had reacted and touched their lives, how they passed, things that I knew and some things that I didn't but which later I realised I had known and had forgotten or dismissed as trivial.

    One 'medium' wanted an item that had belonged to the person I wanted the reading about. I watched her work with others and get most things wrong. One lady of fortyish gave her an old watch. "your grandfather"  But no the lady wanted a message from her dearly departed husband, her grandfather was still alive, it was cold reading and assumptions all over.

    Now with the internet things get really scarey. I have had my free readings that I have posted or pm'd copied and sold, I have seen other readers sign up to FB and forums as different people to befriend people and gain facts for their readings. It is a minefield.

    I still think that true mediums are very very rare, it cannot be taught, but it can be enhanced by training but you either got it or you ain't, and it needs a very very high vibration and energy to attune to the spirit world, and they do the choosing.

    skye
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 1247
    Registration date : 2009-09-06

    Re: The Subject of Spiritualism.

    Post  skye on Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:47 pm

    Crystal wrote:
    SpiritVoices wrote:
    So true,Skye.    I don't often see spirit but hear them.   Used to think I was going round the twist,until I received a message from a medium which held information which no one else knew about.
    That was it,I was a believer!


    I may look like I am playing Devil's Advocate here, but I wanted to discuss this point a bit more deeply. Being a reader I can give information which no-one else knows about but it does not mean that it was from spirit. There is a fine line between information gained psychically from the living sitter or seeker, to that which is given via the spirit world from the deceased. It is often very hard to distinguish the two unless the information is recorded and later pulled apart. This of course is not something that many people want to ever do because it shatters the illusion of a good reading.

    I went through a phase of getting as many readings in person and online as I could. It changed my outloook and made me very sceptical of most mediums. Most were fake, in that yes they gave me a reading, but it was not clear evidence from any of my deceased loved ones. They fished and cold read and used blanket terms. The readings were about how I had reacted and touched their lives, how they passed, things that I knew and some things that I didn't but which later I realised I had known and had forgotten or dismissed as trivial.

    One 'medium' wanted an item that had belonged to the person I wanted the reading about. I watched her work with others and get most things wrong. One lady of fortyish gave her an old watch. "your grandfather"  But no the lady wanted a message from her dearly departed husband, her grandfather was still alive, it was cold reading and assumptions all over.

    Now with the internet things get really scarey. I have had my free readings that I have posted or pm'd copied and sold, I have seen other readers sign up to FB and forums as different people to befriend people and gain facts for their readings. It is a minefield.

    I still think that true mediums are very very rare, it cannot be taught, but it can be enhanced by training but you either got it or you ain't, and it needs a very very high vibration and energy to attune to the spirit world, and they do the choosing.
    There are a number of people who claim to give messages from those in spirit. They are simply reading psychically the aura of the recipient. Tarot readers and  psychometrists, or any method of divining are of a psychic nature and the readers do not need the tools they use to perform an actual  reading. However with some people, tools will help give them a focus point and may lead to information regarding an area of concern for a recipient  being expressed in greater depth or detail.  


    A psychic can also tune in to the aura and pick up a person who has 'died' and pass information on about this person. A psychic cannot link in to the spirit of the discarnate person unless they are a medium. Edited: A psychic cannot link in to the spirit world to communicate with a discarnate person unless they have the mediumistic ability.

    Perhaps the 'mediums' who read for you were not 'evidential mediums' or perhaps not a medium at all, merely psychic readers. This is why I prefer to use both the words 'psychic' and 'medium' separately, as it helps to clarify and distinguish the clear differences between the two methods. In fairness to evidential mediums, how a discarnate person passed can be evidential if the sitter is unaware of how a person crossed over into the spirit world. A communicating spirit can and may also discuss memories of your time spent together.

    Incidentally there are some evidential mediums that use psychic tools during a sitting.  For instance, in a private sitting, Mavis Pitalla used tarot cards before she connected to my loved ones in spirit. She doesn't need to use these cards for she communicates directly with spirit.  A medium cannot guarantee what spirit will come through, or, if they choose too at all. Just because the 'medium' in your statement did not link into the lady's departed husband does not mean the 'medium' was cold reading. She/he may have little experience in working as a medium, and in my opinion such people should not be performing in public. But I'm sure we all know and have heard this happens quite frequently.

    There will always be charlatans in the mediumistic field. Sadly, these people are fooling no one but themselves. They will be their own judge and juror when faced with their actions. 

    I also feel true evidential mediums are few and far between. 


    Last edited by skye on Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:53 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Clarity)
    avatar
    SpiritVoices
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Location : UK
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

    Re: The Subject of Spiritualism.

    Post  SpiritVoices on Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:25 pm

    I also feel true evidential mediums are few and far between. 

    Must agree with that,Skye....Have you ever had a reading from a medium called KatyKing?
    Excellent!    Gave me two readings a while back on another site and he brought through folks I haven't from since I was a child....

    Sponsored content

    Re: The Subject of Spiritualism.

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:59 pm