Maitreya and the rapture

ameliorate

Female
    Number of posts : 3220
    Job/hobbies : Full-time person! Cooking, creating things
    Registration date : 2012-02-15

Maitreya and the rapture

Post  ameliorate on Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:59 pm

If anyone is familiar with the title of this thread then I would like your opinions here please, i.e. this
    thread is not about teaching you on this subject.

My situation is that a lovely spiritual person has befriended me (on another site) and revealed now that
    he is involved with the Maitreya and the rapture.  He has Christ Consciousness is a lightworker and has
    a good energy about him.  However, the alarm bells rang a bit when he said that if I knew him I would
    "fear" him and - in another conversation - said that to dispel evil you have to love evil.

I have googled Maitreya and the rapture and got confused.  It can denote the anti christ and the false christ.  If you are familiar with this topic, then please share your thoughts with me here.
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24343
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Re: Maitreya and the rapture

Post  Violet on Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:10 am

I don't know anything about the subject Ameliorate, but this:
    However, the alarm bells rang a bit when he said that if I knew him I would
    "fear" him and - in another conversation - said that to dispel evil you have to love evil.
    would alarm me too.

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    mayflow

Number of posts : 894
    Job/hobbies : Electronics, RF energy, test equipment
    Registration date : 2013-12-03

Post  mayflow on Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:44 am

“Maitreya Buddha is the embodiment of loving-kindness. Throughout the entire universe, peace comes from the good heart, from loving-kindness.
    — Lama Zopa Rinpoche, Spiritual Director of Maitreya Project

Maitreya's name is derived from the Sanskrit 'maitri' meaning 'universal loving-kindness'. Infinitely compassionate and all-knowing, buddhas teach by their words and example in order to guide us along the path to our own spiritual maturity.

"Everyone can make a connection with Maitreya Buddha, so that even if one does not become enlightened during this life time, when Maitreya Buddha teaches one is able to become Maitreya Buddha's disciple and to become enlightened at that time."
    — Lama Zopa Rinpoche, Spiritual Director of Maitreya Project

Nothing about fear, just about love.

The historical Buddha predicted that Maitreya would become the next Buddha to visit this world. Universal loving kindness.
    Detlef

Male
    Number of posts : 923
    Registration date : 2010-09-25

Post  Detlef on Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:18 am

What I am saying on this subject does not come from any writings.
    In my understanding, Maitreya is the Logos of this galaxy, at the same time there is or are certain entities on this planet, who are pretending to be Maitreya, and he or they are dark, very dark.
    Manipulation comes in many forms, just be aware.
    Rupture, there is more then one understanding of this term.
    To me it is simply the final brake trough from one level of consciousness to the next.
    This can happen with a complete whip out of the planet, and a start on the next level, or as it will happen on this planet, a conscious brake through from one level to the next.

yes, there is this board, I call Heathrow Airport, because of it's trough traffic, I have been approach several times by dark ones  who seam to be on a recruitment drive.
    This board must look like a slaughterhouse  or meat market, to them.
    ameliorate

Female

Post  ameliorate on Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:44 am

Thanks for your posts.  I have good intuition and the confusion lies with feeling him to be a
    good person (in what he says, his quest for every increasing spirituality) yet the jarring factors
    I mention in my OP (re. that I would fear him if I knew him and dispelling evil
    by loving it). 

I would welcome more posts but 2 out of 3 of them are confirming my fears so far.
    SpiritVoices

Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

Post  SpiritVoices on Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:05 am

You want the truth,Amy?   I wouldn't give him standing space.....near me!
    ameliorate

Female

Post  ameliorate on Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:24 am

Yes I always welcome the truth. It's curious.....do I take on board the general feeling he gives out
    i.e. of spiritual advancement or pay more heed to the glitches?   It's not that we are potentially
    dating or anything like that, no - but, with our last conversation, I did get the feeling that I was
    "being worked on".   Thereagain he is a spiritual coach!
    Cassy7

Female
    Number of posts : 365
    Job/hobbies : Retired. I love walking my dogs by the sea, gardening and researching my family tree.
    Registration date : 2013-07-12

Post  Cassy7 on Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:22 pm

Hi there - I've had some very bad experiences over the years when I got involved with so called spiritual individuals (also a cult once) and I would say please please stay well away.  Your inner knowing is already telling you this.

Cassy
    ameliorate

Female

Post  ameliorate on Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:58 pm

Cassy7 wrote:Hi there - I've had some very bad experiences over the years when I got involved with so called spiritual individuals (also a cult once) and I would say please please stay well away.  Your inner knowing is already telling you this.

Cassy
    Yes you are right Cassy.  You said just what I needed to hear.  I have just PM'd him, giving my reservations and backing off.  I feel he is a good man but possibly deluded/brainwashed.  When I asked about the last rapture not coming to fruition, he said it was a false one.  So I have now asked him why that was and what makes the coming rapture any different, i.e. how does he know that it will be the real one?  (What if we are wrong and he is right!  Ha  :blush: )
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices on Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:02 pm

Time will tell,Amy..... :giggles: 
    If you feel any doubt with this man.....Run!
    mayflow

Post  mayflow on Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:13 pm

A lot of this depends on how any of this is really meant. For instance defeating evil with love could be something like Buddha said about not being able to fight hate with hate, but only with love.

I know there was a time when I first meditated when I sometimes saw ugly and scary shapes, but I learned that if I imagined myself hugging them and offering unconditional love, they either dissipated or transformed into friends.

Also the rapture thing and in fact the entire book of Revelations can be thought of as a meditation manual - more on that another time.

The last rapture could be a personal final revelation and full enlightenment.

Granted he may not think those ways, but that could work for me.
    ameliorate

Female

Post  ameliorate on Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:12 pm

Thank you for your thoughts Mayflow.  Offering unconditional love to something perceived as negative/evil, is different from what he had said though -  to "love evil", i.e. evil itself! Also, he has Christ consciousness so his angle/belief does not come from buddhism. 

He is involved in an organisation linked to the Maitreya and the forthcoming rapture, e.g. they are constructing expensive buildings globally for their cause (apparently holistic centres).  He is a good man that is voraciously spiritual and has consumed a lot of spiritual matter in a very short space of time.  My feeling is that he now can't see the wood for the trees and is quite possibly an easy target for such an organisation and has subsequently been brainwashed.  I have told him this.  (Perhaps I will submit what his reply is - if it is relevant to this thread then I may do so).
    ameliorate

Female

Post  ameliorate on Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:09 am

I have just learnt that the "loving evil to dispel it" is to do with the rapture. 

(I have now edited this post...I recently thought/was told the rapture was not connected to the Maitreya but, in the light of Mayflow's post below and on further research, it seems that they are).

Last edited by ameliorate on Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:57 pm; edited 2 times in total
    mayflow

Post  mayflow on Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:11 pm

It does seem like maybe a cult and possibly dangerous in that way.

Here is a link I found by someone supposedly channeling Maitreya - I am not a big believer in channeling or mediums, but I do think there are some interesting points that the article presents - the fact that it is saying this is channeled from Maitreya puts me off a bit, but I found no problem in the underlying philosophies and ideas.

http://www.maitreya-teachings.org/your-spiritual-ascension.html
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices on Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:37 pm

You also call Spiritualism a cult......
    Different names don't make any difference,Amy.....
    ameliorate

Female

Post  ameliorate on Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:51 pm

SpiritVoices wrote:You also call Spiritualism a cult......
    Excuse me??????  When have I ever said this?  I find this is insulting in its inaccuracy and would like you to produce the evidence for this.  You must be confusing me with someone else.

Different names most certainly DO make a difference but I have never used the word cult to describe spiritualism.  Let's be absolutely clear on that!  I will take the flak for anything I have said but most certainly will not carry that can for something I have not!!!!   :SH: 

Yes, I have made a clear distinction between spiritualism and spirituality and make no apologies for that.
    It needs clarity since some people use the words interchangeability but they are not one and the same thing.
    As you know, spiritualism is focused on the afterlife whereas spirituality can contain spiritualism but throws its net much wider to incorporate so many more diverse elements and beliefs e.g. auras, meditation, visualisation. positive thinking etc.

SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices on Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:58 pm

ameliorate wrote:
    SpiritVoices wrote:You also call Spiritualism a cult......
    Excuse me??????  When have I ever said this?  I find this is insulting in its inaccuracy and would like you to produce the evidence for this.  You must be confusing me with someone else.

Different names most certainly DO make a difference but I have never used the word cult to describe spiritualism.  Let's be absolutely clear on that!  I will take the flak for anything I have said but most certainly will not carry that can for something I have not!!!!   :SH: 

Yes, I have made a clear distinction between spiritualism and spirituality and make no apologies for that.
    It needs clarity since some people use the words interchangeability but they are not one and the same thing.
    As you know, spiritualism is focused on the afterlife whereas spirituality can contain spiritualism but throws its net much wider to incorporate so many diverse elements e.g. auras, meditation, visualisation etc.

Sorry Amy,didn't mean to word it like that....slip of the finger...
    Probably used the wrong word...   I was referring the gentleman you were speaking of........
    Detlef

Male

Post  Detlef on Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:40 pm

Feathers seam to be easily ruffled on this board.
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices on Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:17 pm

For some unknown reason,it is the same on every site...plus FB!
    ameliorate

Female

Post  ameliorate on Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:23 pm

Detlef wrote:Feathers seam to be easily ruffled on this board.
    How about I accuse you of something you haven't done here?   How would you like it?
    It's very unpleasant and am sure you too would take offence.

Admittedly it seems like an overreaction but that is because I would never have made such
    a silly mistake.  I know full well what a cult is and would never have said that this is what
    I regard spiritualism as.  I just think such accusations should be checked for accuracy before
    being submitted.
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices on Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:34 pm

Amy,I have already apologised....I placed the incorrect words on the post...
    I meant to type something like this....'Spiritualism could be placed as a cult'.
    Not meaning to add your name to it....
    I'm sorry.......!
    Detlef

Male

Post  Detlef on Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:40 pm

You can accuse me of anything you like.
    What ever anyone says has nothing to do with me, only with the one who says it. Until I react to it and make it mine.
    Sure I can get annoyed, but this does not last long enough to sit down and write a reply.
    ameliorate

Female

Post  ameliorate on Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:00 pm

O.K.  It's done now...forgotten.  Can we move on and stick to the thread's subject please?  Thank you.
    ameliorate

Female

Post  ameliorate on Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:20 pm

He hasn't been online since my last PM that I have mentioned here.  

Guess he knows he has blown our friendship.  We would not draw back when someone says "if you knew me you would fear me"?   :faint: 
    The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:42 am