A forum for seekers everywhere...


    Fear Of Death!

    Share

    Auras
    Member

    Male
    Number of posts : 2025
    Age : 20
    Location : United Kingdom, Liverpool.
    Registration date : 2012-05-06

    Fear Of Death!

    Post  Auras on Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:11 pm

    I have always been interested in this topic. Think I shall start it off.

    So, Fear of death? what is it? what is death? For me, Death is simply just an illusion. We think life is something and it is not. So, what creates this fear? For me, I am not scared about passing over. I am scared of the way I am going pass over, For me the best way to pass over would to be in my sleep, Painless and would just be like your in a dream. Being brought up with the experiences of spiritual being. I am a firm believe of the Spirit world. But, By what I have heard with Near Death Experiences. They nearly all start with the individual being scared of passing over.Then, Suddenly, They are the one that are experiencing and then all that negative energy of being scared just completely vanishes. The reason of that is due to the fact that they are experiencing it themselves.
    avatar
    blackbirdrising
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 177
    Location : Tennessee
    Registration date : 2013-11-06

    Re: Fear Of Death!

    Post  blackbirdrising on Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:13 pm

    Adam speaks of his recent NDE as something void of emotion. It simply "was". And now it "is" something different.  During his death process he was completely at peace/with the knowledge that he wouldn't die, which was against medical evidence, so his survival and quick recovery have been leaving the dr's questioning everything since January 15th. I dont know if its peaceful for everyone who dies at the time of organ shutdown. I just know that, for some, complete organ shutdown is necessary for healing. I know how whacked that sounds....
    avatar
    SpiritVoices
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Location : UK
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

    Re: Fear Of Death!

    Post  SpiritVoices on Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:53 am

    Auras wrote:I have always been interested in this topic. Think I shall start it off.

    So, Fear of death? what is it? what is death? For me, Death is simply just an illusion. We think life is something and it is not. So, what creates this fear? For me, I am not scared about passing over. I am scared of the way I am going pass over, For me the best way to pass over would to be in my sleep, Painless and would just be like your in a dream. Being brought up with the experiences of spiritual being. I am a firm believe of the Spirit world. But, By what I have heard with Near Death Experiences. They nearly all start with the individual being scared of passing over.Then, Suddenly, They are the one that are experiencing and then all that negative energy of being scared just completely vanishes. The reason of that is due to the fact that they are experiencing it themselves.
    Death is not an illusion,Auras.   Ii is the death of the physical shell which holds our soul or spirit.    That is the most important part of us.   The part that lives on.
    Like we open a tin or packet of food and inside that tin is the goodness that sustains us....that keeps us alive and existing for ever.... 
    We are only afraid of death because it is how we die.    Death means the end of the physical body,a cumbersome outer covering like a heavy overcoat which is only there to keep us warm and to exist on a planet of extreme temps.
    Once the spirit is released,we are not longer tied to the earth....
    avatar
    Violet
    Admin

    Female
    Number of posts : 24346
    Location : UK
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

    Re: Fear Of Death!

    Post  Violet on Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:43 pm

    Adam speaks of his recent NDE as something void of emotion. It simply "was".
    I've heard or read this elsewhere and that when most people expect to panic or worry about loved ones it is simply not the case It seems all of that leaves you at lerast in those moments and you feel a sense of freedom and peace and lightness we could not comprehend in the physical.



    Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    avatar
    Arbel
    Member

    Number of posts : 261
    Registration date : 2012-10-30

    Re: Fear Of Death!

    Post  Arbel on Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:48 am

    I have not had an NDE but I have had two major OBEs and I knew exactly what was taking place when my spirit left my body as I knew my human form was asleep at home



     

    Arbel



     
    avatar
    SpiritVoices
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Location : UK
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

    Re: Fear Of Death!

    Post  SpiritVoices on Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:54 am

    Violet wrote:
    Adam speaks of his recent NDE as something void of emotion. It simply "was".
    I've heard or read this elsewhere and that when most people expect to panic or worry about loved ones it is simply not the case It seems all of that leaves you at lerast in those moments and you feel a sense of freedom and peace and lightness we could not comprehend in the physical.
    In other words,Blackbird,we leave all our worries behind.....thank goodness..

    Auras
    Member

    Male
    Number of posts : 2025
    Age : 20
    Location : United Kingdom, Liverpool.
    Registration date : 2012-05-06

    Re: Fear Of Death!

    Post  Auras on Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:54 am

    SpiritVoices wrote:
    Auras wrote:I have always been interested in this topic. Think I shall start it off.

    So, Fear of death? what is it? what is death? For me, Death is simply just an illusion. We think life is something and it is not. So, what creates this fear? For me, I am not scared about passing over. I am scared of the way I am going pass over, For me the best way to pass over would to be in my sleep, Painless and would just be like your in a dream. Being brought up with the experiences of spiritual being. I am a firm believe of the Spirit world. But, By what I have heard with Near Death Experiences. They nearly all start with the individual being scared of passing over.Then, Suddenly, They are the one that are experiencing and then all that negative energy of being scared just completely vanishes. The reason of that is due to the fact that they are experiencing it themselves.
    Death is not an illusion,Auras.   Ii is the death of the physical shell which holds our soul or spirit.    That is the most important part of us.   The part that lives on.
    Like we open a tin or packet of food and inside that tin is the goodness that sustains us....that keeps us alive and existing for ever.... 
    We are only afraid of death because it is how we die.    Death means the end of the physical body,a cumbersome outer covering like a heavy overcoat which is only there to keep us warm and to exist on a planet of extreme temps.
    Once the spirit is released,we are not longer tied to the earth....
    I have to diagree with you on that death is not illusion.

    Simply because we are not really dead.
    avatar
    SpiritVoices
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Location : UK
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

    Re: Fear Of Death!

    Post  SpiritVoices on Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:55 am

    Arbel wrote:I have not had an NDE but I have had two major OBEs and I knew exactly what was taking place when my spirit left my body as I knew my human form was asleep at home





     

    Arbel



     
    They say it is a wonderful experience,Arbel...
    avatar
    blackbirdrising
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 177
    Location : Tennessee
    Registration date : 2013-11-06

    Re: Fear Of Death!

    Post  blackbirdrising on Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:46 pm

    SpiritVoices wrote:
    Violet wrote:
    Adam speaks of his recent NDE as something void of emotion. It simply "was".
    I've heard or read this elsewhere and that when most people expect to panic or worry about loved ones it is simply not the case It seems all of that leaves you at lerast in those moments and you feel a sense of freedom and peace and lightness we could not comprehend in the physical.
    In other words,Blackbird,we leave all our worries behind.....thank goodness..
    Yeh, AMEN. :asmile:
    avatar
    Azrael
    Member

    Male
    Number of posts : 192
    Age : 62
    Location : Southern US
    Job/hobbies : Dead End
    Registration date : 2014-02-23

    Re: Fear Of Death!

    Post  Azrael on Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:09 pm

    Auras wrote:
    SpiritVoices wrote:
    Auras wrote:I have always been interested in this topic. Think I shall start it off.

    So, Fear of death? what is it? what is death? For me, Death is simply just an illusion. We think life is something and it is not. So, what creates this fear? For me, I am not scared about passing over. I am scared of the way I am going pass over, For me the best way to pass over would to be in my sleep, Painless and would just be like your in a dream. Being brought up with the experiences of spiritual being. I am a firm believe of the Spirit world. But, By what I have heard with Near Death Experiences. They nearly all start with the individual being scared of passing over.Then, Suddenly, They are the one that are experiencing and then all that negative energy of being scared just completely vanishes. The reason of that is due to the fact that they are experiencing it themselves.
    Death is not an illusion,Auras.   Ii is the death of the physical shell which holds our soul or spirit.    That is the most important part of us.   The part that lives on.
    Like we open a tin or packet of food and inside that tin is the goodness that sustains us....that keeps us alive and existing for ever.... 
    We are only afraid of death because it is how we die.    Death means the end of the physical body,a cumbersome outer covering like a heavy overcoat which is only there to keep us warm and to exist on a planet of extreme temps.
    Once the spirit is released,we are not longer tied to the earth....
    I have to diagree with you on that death is not illusion.

    Simply because we are not really dead.
    And how exactly do you figure we are not really dead? Death is the cessation of all bodily functions.
    avatar
    Detlef
    Member

    Male
    Number of posts : 923
    Age : 70
    Location : Australia
    Registration date : 2010-09-25

    Re: Fear Of Death!

    Post  Detlef on Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:37 pm

    Azrael wrote:And how exactly do you figure we are not really dead? Death is the cessation of all bodily functions.
    That's exactly it, bodily. Now you have to determine how you see yourself, as the body/mind, or spirit who simply uses the body for the duration of a life time to experience life. (in agreement with the planet of cause).
    If you come to the conclusion, you are spirit, you might as well come to understand, you have existed before this life, and you will exist after this life.
    avatar
    Azrael
    Member

    Male
    Number of posts : 192
    Age : 62
    Location : Southern US
    Job/hobbies : Dead End
    Registration date : 2014-02-23

    Re: Fear Of Death!

    Post  Azrael on Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:52 pm

    Detlef wrote:
    Azrael wrote:And how exactly do you figure we are not really dead? Death is the cessation of all bodily functions.
    That's exactly it, bodily. Now you have to determine how you see yourself, as the body/mind, or spirit who simply uses the body for the duration of a life time to experience life. (in agreement with the planet of cause).
    If you come to the conclusion, you are spirit, you might as well come to understand, you have existed before this life, and you will exist after this life.



    Now you have to determine how you see yourself

    Dead.....thats how I see it. The spiritual stuff comes from others opinions and I do not necessarily believe in that stuff.
    avatar
    Violet
    Admin

    Female
    Number of posts : 24346
    Location : UK
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

    Re: Fear Of Death!

    Post  Violet on Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:57 pm

    Dead.....thats how I see it. The spiritual stuff comes form others opinions and I do not necessarily believe in that stuff.
    Hi Azrael, that's ok if you don't have any beliefs that way, many of us here do but many of us here have had some kind of evidence of an afterlife, but don't worry we're not about converting people, we just discuss these things.



    Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    avatar
    Detlef
    Member

    Male
    Number of posts : 923
    Age : 70
    Location : Australia
    Registration date : 2010-09-25

    Re: Fear Of Death!

    Post  Detlef on Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:01 pm

    Azrael wrote:
    Now you have to determine how you see yourself

    Dead.....thats how I see it. The spiritual stuff comes from others opinions and I do not necessarily believe in that stuff.
    That's OK, we see ourselves the way ware are able to.
    Not sure what "others opinion" means.
    avatar
    Azrael
    Member

    Male
    Number of posts : 192
    Age : 62
    Location : Southern US
    Job/hobbies : Dead End
    Registration date : 2014-02-23

    Re: Fear Of Death!

    Post  Azrael on Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:13 pm

    Violet wrote:
    Dead.....thats how I see it. The spiritual stuff comes form others opinions and I do not necessarily believe in that stuff.
     Hi Azrael, that's ok if you don't have any beliefs that way, many of us here do but many of us here have had some kind of evidence of an afterlife, but don't worry we're not about converting people, we just discuss these things.

    It's a delicate balance between life and death. We go through life accepting what we like and do not like and move on. Death on the hand is something that we have no choice but to accept at some point in life we are all going to meet it.  I could post some links but apparently I cannot right now.
    avatar
    Violet
    Admin

    Female
    Number of posts : 24346
    Location : UK
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

    Re: Fear Of Death!

    Post  Violet on Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:45 pm

    That's the one certainty in life that we will all die at some point, could I ask you, do you fear death? I'm wondering if the fear of death is eased for me because of what I believe in, that there is an afterlife, is it fearful if you don't believe in an afterlife,or less fearful what are your thoughts?



    Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    avatar
    Violet
    Admin

    Female
    Number of posts : 24346
    Location : UK
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

    Re: Fear Of Death!

    Post  Violet on Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:48 pm

    Oh and new members can't post links straight away, it's a common function on most forums, irritating for new members I know but it helps protect the forum.



    Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.

    mac
    Member

    Male
    Number of posts : 3682
    Age : 71
    Location : lives in central England, UK
    Job/hobbies : retired
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

    Re: Fear Of Death!

    Post  mac on Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:32 am

    Azrael wrote:
    Violet wrote:
    Dead.....thats how I see it. The spiritual stuff comes form others opinions and I do not necessarily believe in that stuff.
     Hi Azrael, that's ok if you don't have any beliefs that way, many of us here do but many of us here have had some kind of evidence of an afterlife, but don't worry we're not about converting people, we just discuss these things.

    It's a delicate balance between life and death. We go through life accepting what we like and do not like and move on. Death on the hand is something that we have no choice but to accept at some point in life we are all going to meet it.  I could post some links but apparently I cannot right now.


    I hope you won't start posting links too soon - even when you can - as they often just lead to others' words and ideas.

     A well-reasoned, well-presented argument, using your own words, shows the direction you personally favor and allows us to respond to individual points more easily. 
    avatar
    Azrael
    Member

    Male
    Number of posts : 192
    Age : 62
    Location : Southern US
    Job/hobbies : Dead End
    Registration date : 2014-02-23

    Re: Fear Of Death!

    Post  Azrael on Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:23 am

    Violet wrote:That's the one certainty in life that we will all die at some point, could I ask you, do you fear death? I'm wondering if  the fear of death is eased for me because of what I believe in, that there is an afterlife, is it fearful if you don't believe in an afterlife,or less fearful what are your thoughts?



    No I do not fear death. An afterlife is subjective in that no one has ever came back to say weather there is one or not. Afterlife is more of a religious concoction in that those of a religious belief want to think that they are going to meet some great maker in the sky. It's a comfort zone especially to those that are still here on earth that their loved ones are going to a better place. I know of those who believe in an afterlife and are still afraid of death. This to me signals an uncertainty in their belief of an afterlife.

    My user name is actually the name of an Islamic God of Death. Much like the Christian version of the Angel of Death who was called Michael. For those that believe in Azrael, it is thought that he comes to escort the deceased soul to the other side. The literal meaning of the name is "One who God helps." The personification of Death through history is quite interesting as most cultures had some form of it. The Grim Reaper use to be quite the cultural symbol of death especially in the US but has grown less and less as a symbol of doom so to speak.

    In Mexico they celebrate what is called the "Day of the Dead" Santa Muerte is the Mexican version or interpretation of the Angel of Death and is seen as female and not male. She has quite the following in Mexico and the Catholic Church is trying to combat the following but I do not think they are having much luck. As of 2009 the ultimate rise of the worship of this deity has been on the increase especially in the US.

    Point being is that as a culture and society as a whole we like to put names and faces to things that we do not understand death being one of them. The physical body has it's time on earth and at some point it relinquishes that time and ceases to exist as a living breathing organism. Our ill fated attempts no matter how well meaning only help to fuel this misunderstanding. Funerals are a case in point. While performed mainly as a sanitation practice they are used to venerate the dead, a tribute to a passing life, mean't to ease the living's sorrow some what and create a lasting and final memory of the deceased. Funerals are rituals designed to ease the transition from life to death by means of giving tribute to the deceased.

    You should really Google Thanatology, its the study of death and there are some interesting things that have been written. There again this word falls back onto the personification of the death deity. Thanato was the Greek version of the God of Death and this goes back to the cultural aspects of putting personifications on things that we do not understand.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Fear Of Death!

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:13 am