A forum for seekers everywhere...


    How do you astral project?

    Share
    avatar
    Violet
    Admin

    Female
    Number of posts : 24260
    Location : UK
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

    How do you astral project?

    Post  Violet on Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:34 am

    We had a topic on this sometime ago, if anyone does this regularly could you please share your methods in here, I can do it but not knowingly (apart from a few times years ago but I can't remember how I did it,) it's something i'd like to do again but know i'm doing it, Auras has expressed interest and i'm sure many others would be interested too, thanks.



    Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    avatar
    partofme
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 820
    Age : 44
    Location : USA
    Job/hobbies : spiritual growth, repurposer, gardening...anything creative.
    Registration date : 2013-05-29

    Re: How do you astral project?

    Post  partofme on Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:38 am

    anxious for a response   :astar:
    avatar
    Lynn
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 1467
    Age : 55
    Location : Canada
    Job/hobbies : Retired - Interests Metaphysics
    Registration date : 2010-01-26

    Re: How do you astral project?

    Post  Lynn on Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:25 am

    Hello


    Here are some ideas that I have used in Workshops I have lead on Astral Travel.  Being that I had to learn it from the other perspective of understanding how Astral Projection works. I have always been able to simply think and step out and I grew up thinking that everyone could do this the same way, it was just another taboo do not talk on it thing....I had so many of those growing up.

    I was 18 when I attended and OBE Experience that I came to learn that its not something we can all freely do, and it is something so many want to do.  Noting too that its not for everyone, and its not child's play, its a real event with real things to be wary of.



     
    Many find the Astral Travel thing hard to obtain.

    This was given to me a long long time ago before I knew what I did naturally was Astral Travel.

    Quiet your mind. Clear you thoughts. In your mind think....



     I am going to count down from 3 - 1, visualizing each number on a white ball of light suspended in the air above my head. When I reach that third and final (1) my body will be deeply relaxed. I will have no awareness of physical sensations. I will not perceive of any physical discomforts. My consciousness will be focused on my Astral Body."
    Starting with the number three visualize the White ball of light and start to relax the body. Do this three or four time. 



    Then move to the number 2 your now in an even greater state of relaxation. You’re now aware of physical sensations or vibration; you’re getting ready entering your Astral Body. Again do this three of four times.

    Then move to the number 1 your consciousness is now in your Astral Body. Again do this number 1 three times. This will hold you in your Astral Body state. There is no time frame involved the best thing do to though is to try and keep mind "chatter" down. This is idle thoughts that get in the way. The best way to handle these thought is simply to push them away as they come to you some use a broom and sweep them.

     
    Hope that this might help some. Too patients nothing happens overnight....


    The Astral Rope covered in this thread.....


    http://www.spiritualinspiration.org/t2574-the-astral-rope#87226



    Lynn
    avatar
    Violet
    Admin

    Female
    Number of posts : 24260
    Location : UK
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

    Re: How do you astral project?

    Post  Violet on Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:31 am

    Thank you Lynn :flo: 



    Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    avatar
    SpiritVoices
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Location : UK
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

    Re: How do you astral project?

    Post  SpiritVoices on Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:40 am

    Very interesting,Lynn....is it correct to say that Astral Travel is sometimes linked to Lucid Dreaming?
    avatar
    mayflow
    Member

    Number of posts : 894
    Location : Planet Liberty
    Job/hobbies : Electronics, RF energy, test equipment
    Registration date : 2013-12-03

    Re: How do you astral project?

    Post  mayflow on Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:42 am

    SpiritVoices wrote:Very interesting,Lynn....is it correct to say that Astral Travel is sometimes linked to Lucid Dreaming?

    Interesting question. I have had a lot of Lucid Dreams and they seemed to be all about teaching me to lose certain inner fears. At first I hadn't heard of lucid dreaming and hated those dreams because I wanted to wake up but either I couldn't or I would think I had and then realize I was just in a new dream again. I will write some more about that in my encounters with Reality Girl soon I think, but that is such a long story!

    A way someone may try for the Astral Projection is to lay down and relax and picture a small white point of light in the brain. Then move the point around as it wishes to move. Move it back and forth in one side of the head and then over to the other side and back and forth again then let it free to move around in all kinds of ways and just watch it. It may happen in different ways but if you feel an intense exhilaration from the pit of your stomach and feel as though you are leaving the body from there and moving up towards the skies, you may be on your way - hey but don't forget to come back!  K\'s stars 
    avatar
    SpiritVoices
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Location : UK
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

    Re: How do you astral project?

    Post  SpiritVoices on Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:32 pm

    mayflow wrote:
    SpiritVoices wrote:Very interesting,Lynn....is it correct to say that Astral Travel is sometimes linked to Lucid Dreaming?

    Interesting question. I have had a lot of Lucid Dreams and they seemed to be all about teaching me to lose certain inner fears. At first I hadn't heard of lucid dreaming and hated those dreams because I wanted to wake up but either I couldn't or I would think I had and then realize I was just in a new dream again. I will write some more about that in my encounters with Reality Girl soon I think, but that is such a long story!

    A way someone may try for the Astral Projection is to lay down and relax and picture a small white point of light in the brain. Then move the point around as it wishes to move. Move it back and forth in one side of the head and then over to the other side and back and forth again then let it free to move around in all kinds of ways and just watch it. It may happen in different ways but if you feel an intense exhilaration from the pit of your stomach and feel as though you are leaving the body from there and moving up towards the skies, you may be on your way - hey but don't forget to come back!  K\'s stars 
    Why I am asking is because when I 'Lucid Dream' I see those I have lost in spirit again.  Each time a relative or friend passes over,I 'dream' of seeing them shortly after death.   Not memories of them but seeing them young and healthy again.
    Always in the same room.     Too long to explain but someone mentioned I was Astral travelling to the spirit world.  Wondered if Lucid dreams and Astral travelling was the same.  
    Wondering just how far in Astral we can actually travel to.....
    Made a note of the directions you have given me,might just follow your instructions and see if I end in the same room as the dreams.....
    Thank you,Mayflo.... :hugz:
    avatar
    Lynn
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 1467
    Age : 55
    Location : Canada
    Job/hobbies : Retired - Interests Metaphysics
    Registration date : 2010-01-26

    Re: How do you astral project?

    Post  Lynn on Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:20 pm

    Hello

    Just some random thoughts as the brain wakes at 6 AM.



                   
    Astral Projection / Dreaming / Lucid Dreaming

    It's my opinion that astral projection, dreaming and lucid dreaming are intertwined along the same lines.  The difference between dreams, projection and lucid dreaming is what is at the controls the conscious part of the brain and the subconscious part of the brain functions.  What often stops the Astral Journey is that we fall into that state of sleep and that we know leads us to the state of dreams.  It is when we have the conscious control of  our brain that we know that we are not in that dream state and we are having a pure Astral Journey.   In that conscious state of Astral Travel we are the one in control of the journey on the level that hold the power with us to stop it.  In the Lucid Dream state we are not in that control place, though it is known that we can alter our dreams on some levels.  For the most part that brain is in that state of ‘wondering’ free from consciousness thinking taking place. 



    While the Lucid Dream state is a place where the OB E can and does occur, and this often is the place where the “Heavy Exit” or  “Torso Exit” takes place and we find that we are suddenly falling, or having that feeling of a thud experience back into the body.  What has happened here is that we bridged the gap from the dream state the subconscious  brain in action to a level of semi consciousness where the thinking part of the brain steps in.  We are not awake enough to fully make the next step to understand most times where we are and what is happening. 



    When we are awake it is our conscious brain that is in the space of dealing with the here and now, with what we need to get done and be doing at the time.  When our subconscious brain takes over in sleep that is the down time, it is where we often surrender to the fantasy aspects of life that we would at times like to experience.  While dreams do hold many messages for us if we learn to remember and understand them for the most part its down time for the brain and body to just be. 



    Lucid Dreams-

    It is said that it’s a higher frequency state to our dreams.  In a Lucid Dream you can control or alter the events in your dream in the state that you realize your dreaming.
    It is said you can learn to have Lucid Dreams and even share in a dream with another.  When you go to bed at night simply put a plan in your head what you want to dream on.
    For example your out on a walk and the snow is falling; look to see how it’s covering the trees. Then try changing the dream to a nice sunny summer day. Opposite contrasts seem to work quite well.

    These dreams include the physical aspect that are with dreaming, example here is flying or falling. Now with this aspect it might well not be a "dream" state one is in.  In  this place of flying or falling one might well be in the state of Out of Body or Astral Travel and the brain has come to consciousness enough to make you aware you’re not in the body state of being physical so its a rather hard landing at times back in. 







    Lynn
    avatar
    SpiritVoices
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Location : UK
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

    Re: How do you astral project?

    Post  SpiritVoices on Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:47 pm

    Now my dreams are slightly different to that,Lynn.   That is why I hesitate to call them Astral travel.....I am not aware of travelling.    I fall sleep and find myself immediately in this large room.   I'm just there!   If you know what I mean.
    Husband is always standing beside me,though I cannot see him clearly.  Just a tall figure by my side....The room is packed with people.   
    A large table set as if for a celebration.   Tea cups and plates of sandwiches and cakes on plates.   Other people milling around.    A big crowd surrounding the table.
    One side are us and others too.  On the other side of the table are those who are in spirit.

    I feel we are not allowed to join them,we keep separate.
    There is that dividing line between us.   Across the other side of the table are those who have passed into spirit,last one was my grandson.

    I go deeply into this dream and wake from it just as quickly.   As though I had jumped from a scene to another....
    And back again.....
    But no memories of travelling....
    So can Astral travel be linked to this kind of dreaming?
    avatar
    partofme
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 820
    Age : 44
    Location : USA
    Job/hobbies : spiritual growth, repurposer, gardening...anything creative.
    Registration date : 2013-05-29

    Re: How do you astral project?

    Post  partofme on Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:49 pm

    Thanks for sharing this... the way you describe it makes it actually seem achievable.  Some things that I have read just leave me confused...  :blush:
    avatar
    SpiritVoices
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Location : UK
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

    Re: How do you astral project?

    Post  SpiritVoices on Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:50 pm

    While the Lucid Dream state is a place where the OB E can and does occur, and this often is the place where the “Heavy Exit” or  “Torso Exit” takes place and we find that we are suddenly falling, or having that feeling of a thud experience back into the body.  What has happened here is that we bridged the gap from the dream state the subconscious  brain in action to a level of semi consciousness where the thinking part of the brain steps in.  We are not awake enough to fully make the next step to understand most times where we are and what is happening.  




    This is more me...  My experiences are more like the above....
    avatar
    SpiritVoices
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Location : UK
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

    Re: How do you astral project?

    Post  SpiritVoices on Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:53 pm

    partofme wrote:Thanks for sharing this... the way you describe it makes it actually seem achievable.  Some things that I have read just leave me confused...  :blush:
    It's a weird kind of sensation,partofme...

    I'm not aware of falling into sleep.   I close my eyes and ...I'm there!
    I'm in this room!    Like one massive jump into space...
    avatar
    partofme
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 820
    Age : 44
    Location : USA
    Job/hobbies : spiritual growth, repurposer, gardening...anything creative.
    Registration date : 2013-05-29

    Re: How do you astral project?

    Post  partofme on Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:56 pm

    SpiritVoices wrote:Now my dreams are slightly different to that,Lynn.   That is why I hesitate to call them Astral travel.....I am not aware of travelling.    I fall sleep and find myself immediately in this large room.   I'm just there!   If you know what I mean.
    Husband is always standing beside me,though I cannot see him clearly.  Just a tall figure by my side....The room is packed with people.   
    A large table set as if for a celebration.   Tea cups and plates of sandwiches and cakes on plates.   Other people milling around.    A big crowd surrounding the table.
    One side are us and others too.  On the other side of the table are those who are in spirit.

    I feel we are not allowed to join them,we keep separate.
    There is that dividing line between us.   Across the other side of the table are those who have passed into spirit,last one was my grandson.

    I go deeply into this dream and wake from it just as quickly.   As though I had jumped from a scene to another....
    And back again.....
    But no memories of travelling....
    So can Astral travel be linked to this kind of dreaming?
    In almost every instance that you have mentioned your experiences, I feel like you are being given an opportunity to see what it will be like for you once your time here on earth passes. 
    Ive been reluctant to mention anything for awhile now but have come to understand your feelings about "your time" and just wonder if anyone else gets the same vibe from your posts.
    avatar
    SpiritVoices
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Location : UK
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

    Re: How do you astral project?

    Post  SpiritVoices on Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:59 pm

    Another experience I had.    I was in a different place but with hubby again. 
    This dream was hilarious and when I woke up from,I was a little afraid because I thought my death was imminent.

    Dreamed I was being shown my home in spirit.....It was a beautiful flat (apartment) as you call it.   All open spaces,no windows,just openings with the sun coming through....
    And it was filthy!   Once again hubby was with me!!!!  I remember thinking in the dream....I must clean this place up before we move in.... :asmile:
    avatar
    SpiritVoices
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Location : UK
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

    Re: How do you astral project?

    Post  SpiritVoices on Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:02 pm

    partofme wrote:
    SpiritVoices wrote:Now my dreams are slightly different to that,Lynn.   That is why I hesitate to call them Astral travel.....I am not aware of travelling.    I fall sleep and find myself immediately in this large room.   I'm just there!   If you know what I mean.
    Husband is always standing beside me,though I cannot see him clearly.  Just a tall figure by my side....The room is packed with people.   
    A large table set as if for a celebration.   Tea cups and plates of sandwiches and cakes on plates.   Other people milling around.    A big crowd surrounding the table.
    One side are us and others too.  On the other side of the table are those who are in spirit.

    I feel we are not allowed to join them,we keep separate.
    There is that dividing line between us.   Across the other side of the table are those who have passed into spirit,last one was my grandson.

    I go deeply into this dream and wake from it just as quickly.   As though I had jumped from a scene to another....
    And back again.....
    But no memories of travelling....
    So can Astral travel be linked to this kind of dreaming?
    In almost every instance that you have mentioned your experiences, I feel like you are being given an opportunity to see what it will be like for you once your time here on earth passes. 
    Ive been reluctant to mention anything for awhile now but have come to understand your feelings about "your time" and just wonder if anyone else gets the same vibe from your posts.
    Don't be afraid,partofme...I'm not afraid of death...I just can't wait to get up 'there'!     Just waiting for the right time and hubby to be waiting.... :grin:
    avatar
    partofme
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 820
    Age : 44
    Location : USA
    Job/hobbies : spiritual growth, repurposer, gardening...anything creative.
    Registration date : 2013-05-29

    Re: How do you astral project?

    Post  partofme on Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:07 pm

    :hugz:
    avatar
    SpiritVoices
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Location : UK
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

    Re: How do you astral project?

    Post  SpiritVoices on Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:15 pm

    You all realise I will be back...... :giggles:   recounting my experiences of the spirit world......you will all have first class reports of Spirit..... :yay: 

    ...and I know who I will be taking with me..... :wink:
    avatar
    Auras
    Member

    Male
    Number of posts : 1997
    Age : 19
    Location : United Kingdom, Liverpool.
    Registration date : 2012-05-06

    Re: How do you astral project?

    Post  Auras on Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:14 pm

    Violet wrote:We had a topic on this sometime ago, if anyone does this regularly could you please share your methods in here, I can do it but not knowingly (apart from a few times years ago but I can't remember how I did it,) it's something i'd like to do again but know i'm doing it, Auras has expressed interest and i'm sure many others would be interested too, thanks.
    I have been researching this alot lately, I have figured out that nothing is required apart from intent. Before you go to bed set your intention astral project then as you normally, just fall asleep. You might wake up in a sleep paralysis state.

    Sponsored content

    Re: How do you astral project?

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:21 pm