A forum for seekers everywhere...


    The Small Voice Of Compassion

    Share
    avatar
    Knight of Albion
    Member

    Male
    Number of posts : 568
    Location : Glastonbury, England
    Registration date : 2013-12-18

    The Small Voice Of Compassion

    Post  Knight of Albion on Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:53 pm

    1 + 1 = LOVE

    "These animals ... you gotta take care of them ... and not eat them."

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrU03da2arE

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: The Small Voice Of Compassion

    Post  Guest on Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:58 pm

    A tough message there...........

    I dont know what say
    avatar
    New Sight
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 157
    Location : Sailing the stars
    Job/hobbies : Lots
    Registration date : 2013-12-08

    Re: The Small Voice Of Compassion

    Post  New Sight on Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:06 pm

    Knight,I couldn't agree more with you,I haven't always been a vegetarian but have recently chosen that path. :cat:

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: The Small Voice Of Compassion

    Post  Guest on Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:08 pm

    How do we view eating animals knowing that "God" supposedly ate them too
    avatar
    New Sight
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 157
    Location : Sailing the stars
    Job/hobbies : Lots
    Registration date : 2013-12-08

    Re: The Small Voice Of Compassion

    Post  New Sight on Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:29 pm

    I believe it's a matter of personal choice,not a matter of who's right or who's wrong. :asmile:
    avatar
    Knight of Albion
    Member

    Male
    Number of posts : 568
    Location : Glastonbury, England
    Registration date : 2013-12-18

    Re: The Small Voice Of Compassion

    Post  Knight of Albion on Sat Dec 28, 2013 12:47 pm

    Mr.Whitmore wrote:How do we view eating animals knowing that "God" supposedly ate them too
    'Supposedly' being the word. Doesn't mean it's true. 

    When you research the matter you discover that James, the brother of Jesus was vegan (confirmed by St Augustine and Heggesippus), as was the Apostle Matthew (confirmed by Clement of Alexandria) as was the Apostle Peter (confirmed by the Clementine Homilies)...  
    'The disciple is in all things as the Master'.

    The First Blessing was vegan, as is the Prophecy of Isaiah - the promise on which the whole of Christianity and Judaism is based.

    Love is the fulfilling of the Law.
    avatar
    Violet
    Admin

    Female
    Number of posts : 24347
    Location : UK
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

    Re: The Small Voice Of Compassion

    Post  Violet on Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:39 pm

    How do we view eating animals knowing that "God" supposedly ate them too

    How can god (in my understanding a non physical being) eat anything, meat or otherwise?

    I haven't looked at the link, my internet struggles with them nine times out of ten



    Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.

    mac
    Member

    Male
    Number of posts : 3710
    Age : 71
    Location : Valley of the Sun, Arizona
    Job/hobbies : retired
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

    Re: The Small Voice Of Compassion

    Post  mac on Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:22 am

    Violet wrote:
    How do we view eating animals knowing that "God" supposedly ate them too

    How can god (in my understanding a non physical being) eat anything, meat or otherwise?

    I haven't looked at the link, my internet struggles with them nine times out of ten

    Sound point, Violet.  

    As we know, God isn't, and hasn't ever been, an individual in the sense that we are individuals so there's no question of God eating anything as we do.  But so often I have read or heard that the Nazarene 'Jesus' is considered to be God-incarnate so maybe that's what some folk become muddled about?  

    If so it wouldn't be the first occasion.

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: The Small Voice Of Compassion

    Post  Guest on Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:51 am

    Lets say "God" as you all describe is real.......

    when god created man....did he not make him in the physical image of himself?

    also....did the Old Covenant not request offering of animal sacrifices?

    In Genesis 9.1-5 we read:

    Then God blessed Noah and his sons, saying to them, “Be fruitful and increase in number and fill the earth.The fear and dread of you will fall upon all the beasts of the earth and all the birds of the air, upon every creature that moves along the ground, and upon all the fish of the sea; they are given into your hands. Everything that lives and moves will be food for you. Just as I gave you the green plants, I now give you everything. “But you must not eat meat that has its lifeblood still in it. And for your lifeblood I will surely demand an accounting. I will demand an accounting from every animal.”


    And this from the son of God:


    Matthew 15:34-37. Jesus also promoted the catching of fish for the purpose of consuming them.

    "So Jesus said to them, "Children, you do not have any fish, do you?" They answered Him, "No." And He said to them, "Cast the net on the right-hand side of the boat and you will find a catch." So they cast, and then they were not able to haul it in because of the great number of fish. ... So when they got out on the land, they saw a charcoal fire already laid and fish placed on it, and bread. Jesus said to them, "Bring some of the fish which you have now caught." Simon Peter went up and drew the net to land, full of large fish, a hundred and fifty-three; and although there were so many, the net was not torn. Jesus said to them, "Come and have breakfast." None of the disciples ventured to question Him, "Who are You?" knowing that it was the Lord. Jesus came and took the bread and gave it to them, and the fish likewise." (John 21:5-6, 9-14)


    now....just because i post this does not mean I am in favor of eating animals.....nor does it mean i am against it...
    avatar
    Knight of Albion
    Member

    Male
    Number of posts : 568
    Location : Glastonbury, England
    Registration date : 2013-12-18

    Re: The Small Voice Of Compassion

    Post  Knight of Albion on Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:33 pm

    Mr.Whitmore wrote:Lets say "God" as you all describe is real.......

    when god created man....did he not make him in the physical image of himself?

    also....did the Old Covenant not request offering of animal sacrifices?

    In Genesis 9.1-5 we read:

       Then God blessed Noah and his sons, saying to them, “Be fruitful and increase in number and fill the earth.The fear and dread of you will fall upon all the beasts of the earth and all the birds of the air, upon every creature that moves along the ground, and upon all the fish of the sea; they are given into your hands. Everything that lives and moves will be food for you. Just as I gave you the green plants, I now give you everything. “But you must not eat meat that has its lifeblood still in it. And for your lifeblood I will surely demand an accounting. I will demand an accounting from every animal.”


    And this from the son of God:


    Matthew 15:34-37. Jesus also promoted the catching of fish for the purpose of consuming them.

       "So Jesus said to them, "Children, you do not have any fish, do you?" They answered Him, "No." And He said to them, "Cast the net on the right-hand side of the boat and you will find a catch." So they cast, and then they were not able to haul it in because of the great number of fish. ... So when they got out on the land, they saw a charcoal fire already laid and fish placed on it, and bread. Jesus said to them, "Bring some of the fish which you have now caught." Simon Peter went up and drew the net to land, full of large fish, a hundred and fifty-three; and although there were so many, the net was not torn. Jesus said to them, "Come and have breakfast." None of the disciples ventured to question Him, "Who are You?" knowing that it was the Lord. Jesus came and took the bread and gave it to them, and the fish likewise." (John 21:5-6, 9-14)


    now....just because i post this does not mean I am in favor of eating animals.....nor does it mean i am against it...
    The Bible is a great book and there is much wisdom , but the Bible was written, compiled and corrupted by man. 
    The Bible, in effect, was the mouthpiece of the Roman Catholic Church and it said what the Church wanted it to say...and what suited their interests.

    The Bible gives two different genaeologies of Jesus, which one is correct? Though if Jesus was physically the son of God as the Church as always claimed, then neither is correct. 

    The Church's festivals were 'adopted' from the pagans - Dec. 25th was the Roman festival of Saturnalia & the birthday of the sun god Mithra (Jan. 6th was the date of Jesus's birth - the origin of the Twelve Days of Christmas) Eastra (pagan spring equinox) Black Friday (death of Mithra) etc.

    The Bible condones slavery (!) because the Roman Empire - Roman Catholicism was the official state sponsored religion of the Roman Empire - ran on slaves and they needed it to continue so. 
    Needless to say, slavery was not part of the original Christian doctrine, nor the subjugation of women (Jesus taught they should be honoured) nor drinking strong drink, nor  blood sports, nor eating flesh!

    As for your queries. The latter 'permission' to eat flesh was issued by Moses solely as a concession to hardness of heart, to keep the Israelites on board so to speak. This 'permission' was granted in the wake of the cataclysmic flood, was only intended to be temporary and was issued with a curse - albeit a self-inflicted one 'the blood of your lives shall I require'.  Issuing a curse hardly signifies glowing approval.

    As for the 153 fish. The exact same legend was attributed to the famous vegetarian mystic Pythagoras.  It has a deeper allegorical/gematrial meaning.
    http://www.greatdreams.com/numbers/jerry/153.htm

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: The Small Voice Of Compassion

    Post  Guest on Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:42 pm

    So you say the bible was written by man and is wrong because of it................well your post was written by a man

    so cant accept it
    avatar
    Knight of Albion
    Member

    Male
    Number of posts : 568
    Location : Glastonbury, England
    Registration date : 2013-12-18

    Re: The Small Voice Of Compassion

    Post  Knight of Albion on Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:44 pm

    As for animal sacrifice. Do not Satanists and Voodooists do the same? 
    (How many here killed a turkey or goose in honour of Christ's birthday - or rather got someone else to do it for them because they didn't have the stomach to do it for themselves)
    How does animal sacrifice relate to love, peace and mercy, all the things Christ represented?

    And does not it nor say in Isaiah and elsewhere that animal sacrifice is an abomination in God's sight, that it is something God never asked for or wanted and He will forsake all those who do do it?

    God created man in His image - in the spiritual sense - to be 'the sanctuary of love and justice', not to hurt and kill.

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: The Small Voice Of Compassion

    Post  Guest on Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:56 pm

    You told me not to listen to the scriptures written by man


    That animal you try hard to protect...would..if hungry enough.....pounce on you for his meal............

    im just keeping it real

    Humans are fake
    avatar
    Knight of Albion
    Member

    Male
    Number of posts : 568
    Location : Glastonbury, England
    Registration date : 2013-12-18

    Re: The Small Voice Of Compassion

    Post  Knight of Albion on Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:16 pm

    Mr.Whitmore wrote:So you say the bible was written by man and is wrong because of it................well your post was written by a man

    so cant accept it
    You can't accept these things... Nor could most of the pagans the Church wanted to convert to Roman Catholicism. Which is precisely why these things came to pass.

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: The Small Voice Of Compassion

    Post  Guest on Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:21 pm

    See.............Im different

    Im pagan and christian and yesterday was neither.............im this and im that............i wont be labelled as either

    but i know what you mean
    avatar
    Knight of Albion
    Member

    Male
    Number of posts : 568
    Location : Glastonbury, England
    Registration date : 2013-12-18

    Re: The Small Voice Of Compassion

    Post  Knight of Albion on Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:24 pm

    Mr.Whitmore wrote:You told me not to listen to the scriptures written by man


    That animal you try hard to protect...would..if hungry enough.....pounce on you for his meal............

    im just keeping it real

    Humans are fake
    Scriptures you quoted and I counter quoted. They can't both be true can they. That's the point. 

    Are you familiar with Gandhi's quote "I should be unwilling to take the life of a lamb..." Seems apt.
    avatar
    Knight of Albion
    Member

    Male
    Number of posts : 568
    Location : Glastonbury, England
    Registration date : 2013-12-18

    Re: The Small Voice Of Compassion

    Post  Knight of Albion on Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:28 pm

    Mr.Whitmore wrote:See.............Im different

    Im pagan and christian and yesterday was neither.............im this and im that............i wont be labelled as either

    but i know what you mean

    Religions are like the branches of a tree.  It matters not.

    We are all seeking, all striving.  Truth is constant and eternal, it is only our perception of it that changes. And what we held true at one point, we will abandon for a higher truth and understanding.

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: The Small Voice Of Compassion

    Post  Guest on Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:30 pm

    Knight of Albion wrote:
    Mr.Whitmore wrote:See.............Im different

    Im pagan and christian and yesterday was neither.............im this and im that............i wont be labelled as either

    but i know what you mean

    Religions are like the branches of a tree.  It matters not.

    We are all seeking, all striving.  Truth is constant and eternal, it is only our perception of it that changes. And what we held true at one point, we will abandon for a higher truth and understanding.

    exactly
    The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
    avatar
    SpiritVoices
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Location : UK
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

    Re: The Small Voice Of Compassion

    Post  SpiritVoices on Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:29 pm

    Knight of Albion wrote:1 + 1 = LOVE

    "These animals ... you gotta take care of them ... and not eat them."

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrU03da2arE
    Out of the mouths of children.... :blush:
    The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
    avatar
    Knight of Albion
    Member

    Male
    Number of posts : 568
    Location : Glastonbury, England
    Registration date : 2013-12-18

    Re: The Small Voice Of Compassion

    Post  Knight of Albion on Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:06 pm

    SpiritVoices wrote:
    Knight of Albion wrote:1 + 1 = LOVE

    "These animals ... you gotta take care of them ... and not eat them."

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrU03da2arE
    Out of the mouths of children.... :blush:

    Yes, and the innocence of children ... A little boy, speaking from the heart, 'This is wrong.'
    Quite beautiful.
    The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
    avatar
    1antique
    Elite

    Male
    Number of posts : 3369
    Age : 61
    Location : Oregon
    Job/hobbies : Searching For The Truth
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

    Re: The Small Voice Of Compassion

    Post  1antique on Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:56 pm

    If you would like to go all the way back in the Bible to the Creation story, you will find the answer in Genesis straight out of the mouth of the Creator:




    [1:29] God said, "See, I have given you every plant yielding seed that is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree with seed in its fruit; you shall have them for food.
    [1:30] And to every beast of the earth, and to every bird of the air, and to everything that creeps on the earth, everything that has the breath of life, I have given every green plant for food." And it was so.


    This obviously had nothing to do with any covenants with the people of Israel. This was, according to the Bible, within the fifth and sixth day of creation that God created the plants and animals of the earth....and mankind.....and gave permission for mankind and animals to consume every green plant for food.


    It is funny. I have read the Book of Genesis for better than 50 years and have always mis-read what it said. It does not say to consume the animals of the earth, it gives instructions for man and animal to consume the GREEN things that grow.
    The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

    Sponsored content

    Re: The Small Voice Of Compassion

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:02 am