Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

Old Time Members?

Post  SpiritVoices on Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:32 am

First topic message reminder :

No,I don't mean age related..... :blush: 

I mean all of those members who used to frequent this site.   Where have they gone?   Such as Gilly and 1antique?    Many more as well,seem to have disappeared.

Mostly over the years but our membership list seems to have diminished.
     Please come back to Violet's site and POST......
    We miss you..... :sob: 

Joan xx
    chi chi

Number of posts : 157
    Registration date : 2009-08-12

Re: Old Time Members?

Post  chi chi on Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:06 pm

:holy sheep: Well guess what an old timer has just seen this thread lol

Kaere

Female
    Number of posts : 2719
    Registration date : 2009-05-19

Post  Kaere on Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:08 pm

Hi! *waves*
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24343
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Post  Violet on Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:13 pm

Hmmm......... interesting, guys please keep talking, unlike the earlier days of this forum I can't devote anywhere near as much time as I used to, I can't get in every day and I can't post a mass of new topics daily, but that said this is YOUR forum too, got questions to ask, ask them, something weird or spooky happening, post it let's see if we can help in any way. WAnt to learn about something? It doesn't matter if you feel it's 'going over old ground' things change, new people here bring new opinions and ideas, WE change our ideas and opinions and grow whether we post or not. Often I see posts replied to by simply posting a link, i've done it myself occasionally but that's not discussion or what a forum is about, I know of forums where almost EVERY thread is just an exchange of links, i'd hate for this place to become like that you might as well just browse google for a couple of hours.

As for serious topics we're currently in the holidays all members should be able to enjoy a bit of larking around, but i'm currently working on new stuff for next year for here.

As for old time members 'appearing to leave' well I can't comment on that or individuals, people must come and go as they choose which is why I don't delete accounts or ban anyone except as a very last resort, but what I will say is nothing is all black or all white.

I saw something said about people have ten enemies at anyone time in life and triple that online, all I can say is please don't confuse differences of opinion with dislike

As say please keep talking and don't take any offense to my thoughts

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet on Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:15 pm

chi chi wrote::holy sheep: Well guess what an old timer has just seen this thread lol

Yay!!! You....old??????? Naaaaaaa...great to see you Chi Chi  :flo: 

mayflow

Number of posts : 894
    Job/hobbies : Electronics, RF energy, test equipment
    Registration date : 2013-12-03

Post  mayflow on Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:41 pm

Violet wrote:

I saw something said about people have ten enemies at anyone time in life and triple that online, all I can say is please don't confuse differences of opinion with dislike

That was just Mr. Whitmore trying to stir some energies up. He likes to overact and he's just a nice guy trying to have fun.
    mayflow

Number of posts : 894
    Job/hobbies : Electronics, RF energy, test equipment
    Registration date : 2013-12-03

Post  mayflow on Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:51 pm

chi chi wrote::holy sheep: Well guess what an old timer has just seen this thread lol

Hi!
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet on Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:51 pm

Everyone here is lovely :flo: I've worked on a few sites, owned a few but this has been the friendliest and most peaceful one ever, that's down to all you guys

innerlight
    Elite

Male
    Number of posts : 3807
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Post  innerlight on Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:32 pm

I think it's common with every forum you visit. The members are not always the same that are always there. Life is has a tendency to take over and people get taken away from online and forums... Sometimes, like 1antigue said, they don't like the way the forum moves anymore. That is what happens when you have a public forum and new people arrive. New topics happen and conversations change to new things. And in some cases those new topics are not what people are looking for, and go somewhere else. Or they decide to create their own forums.

Many times in forums like this, people are here for a reason. For example, they are looking for answers about the loss of a loved one, and when they find what they are looking for. They move on. Or after signing up they see the forum is not what they wanted, and they go somewhere else. Which is why some forums put in their rules about lurking before signing up. Some can be shy and don't know what to talk about, or are afraid to post.
    eyeopen

Number of posts : 1380
    Registration date : 2012-04-03

Post  eyeopen on Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:01 am

Violet wrote:Hmmm......... interesting, guys please keep talking, unlike the earlier days of this forum I can't devote anywhere near as much time as I used to, I can't get in every day and I can't post a mass of new topics daily, but that said this is YOUR forum too, got questions to ask, ask them, something weird or spooky happening, post it let's see if we can help in any way. WAnt to learn about something?  It doesn't matter if you feel it's 'going over old ground' things change, new people here bring new opinions and ideas, WE change our ideas and opinions and grow whether we post or not. Often I see posts replied to by simply posting a link, i've done it myself occasionally but that's not discussion or what a forum is about, I know of forums where almost EVERY thread is just an exchange of links, i'd hate for this place to become like that you might as well just browse google for a couple of hours.

As for serious topics we're currently in the holidays all members should be able to enjoy a bit of larking around, but i'm currently working on new stuff for next year for here.

As for old time members 'appearing to leave' well I can't comment on that or individuals, people must come and go as they choose which is why I don't delete accounts or ban anyone except as a very last resort, but what I will say is nothing is all black or all white.

No offense, but you dont seem to really take my opinions or suggestions on board, you dont reply to my messages and when I highlight site issues I dont get a response eithers. Doesnt help when the forum keeps playing up with me.

I only try and help.

ameliorate

Female
    Number of posts : 3220
    Job/hobbies : Full-time person! Cooking, creating things
    Registration date : 2012-02-15

Post  ameliorate on Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:14 am

I think it's healthy, (i.e. not stagnant) that a forum grows and changes to reflect the newer members.    Personally, I am glad that the theme of mediums and spiritualism do no longer dominate this forum.  I am more into spirituality.

I would welcome more serious threads but don't mind the light hearted banter.  

As Kaere mentioned, if you don't like what is here, then start a thread on what interests you.  It's much like a party in that respect, i.e. if what's there doesn't appeal, then there is no need to suffer/make do....we can all be pro-active!  :rainbow: 

Post  Guest on Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:07 am

Well I think this thread was rude to the new members and I'm starting to believe spiritualism is a farce.

People that have labelled themselves as "spiritual" come across over time to me as being............quite the opposite............not all mind you.

When I join a spiritual site....I am going to be chatty.....I am going to be "twittery".....I am going to be deep.....angry.....happy....and sad........and nobody is going to confine me to their definition of spiritualism.

I will create threads that some of you consider foolish......and I will create threads about all matters pertaining to spiritualism..........that's what its all about.....life

Post  Guest on Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:07 am

eyeopen wrote:
    Violet wrote:Hmmm......... interesting, guys please keep talking, unlike the earlier days of this forum I can't devote anywhere near as much time as I used to, I can't get in every day and I can't post a mass of new topics daily, but that said this is YOUR forum too, got questions to ask, ask them, something weird or spooky happening, post it let's see if we can help in any way. WAnt to learn about something?  It doesn't matter if you feel it's 'going over old ground' things change, new people here bring new opinions and ideas, WE change our ideas and opinions and grow whether we post or not. Often I see posts replied to by simply posting a link, i've done it myself occasionally but that's not discussion or what a forum is about, I know of forums where almost EVERY thread is just an exchange of links, i'd hate for this place to become like that you might as well just browse google for a couple of hours.

No offense, but you dont seem to really take my opinions or suggestions on board, you dont reply to my messages and when I highlight site issues I dont get a response eithers. Doesnt help when the forum keeps playing up with me.

I only try and help.

You have a funny way of trying to help

Post  Guest on Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:09 am

Violet wrote:Everyone here is lovely :flo: I've worked on a few sites, owned a few but this has been the friendliest and most peaceful one ever, that's down to all you guys

Yes it is............but there seems to be underlying issues with some.....as I have found on most spiritual sites.

Good job Violet

Post  Guest on Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:10 am

mayflow wrote:
    Violet wrote:

That was just Mr. Whitmore trying to stir some energies up. He likes to overact and he's just a nice guy trying to have fun.

I was quite serious............

mac

Male
    Number of posts : 3658
    Job/hobbies : retired
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

Post  mac on Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:37 am

Mr.Whitmore wrote:Well I think this thread was rude to the new members and I'm starting to believe spiritualism is a farce.

People that have labelled themselves as "spiritual" come across over time to me as being............quite the opposite............not all mind you.

When I join a spiritual site....I am going to be chatty.....I am going to be "twittery".....I am going to be deep.....angry.....happy....and sad........and nobody is going to confine me to their definition of spiritualism.

I will create threads that some of you consider foolish......and I will create threads about all matters pertaining to spiritualism..........that's what its all about.....life

There are two distinctly different meanings for the word 'spiritualism'.  

Firstly there's Spiritualism with an upper-case 'S' symbolising it's the one that's a religion and philosophy.  Then there's 'spiritualism' with lower-case 's' which is anything to do with being spiritual or spirituality etc.

Which one of them do you post about?

Kaere

Female

Post  Kaere on Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:39 am

mac wrote:
    Mr.Whitmore wrote:Well I think this thread was rude to the new members and I'm starting to believe spiritualism is a farce.

Firstly there's Spiritualism with an upper-case 'S' symbolising it's the one that's a religion and philosophy.  Then there's 'spiritualism' with lower-case 's' which is anything to do with being spiritual or spirituality etc.

I hope it's the small 's' spiritualism because big 'S' spiritualism just tries to stuff people in prelabeled boxes imo.

mac

Male

Post  mac on Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:54 am

Kaere wrote:
    mac wrote:

I hope it's the small 's' spiritualism because big 'S' spiritualism just tries to stuff people in prelabeled boxes imo.

Shall we leave the poster to answer for herself/himself? You are, of course, more than welcome to answer the question for yourself.

Post  Guest on Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:59 am

mac wrote:

Take your pick..............it works well for both

mac

Male

Post  mac on Sun Dec 29, 2013 3:11 am

Mr.Whitmore wrote:
    mac wrote:

Take your pick..............it works well for both

What works well for both?

mac

Male

Post  mac on Sun Dec 29, 2013 3:27 am

Looking for an analogy about why it's daft to suggest that spiritualism and Spiritualism are the same I came up with this.

It's as ridiculous as it would be to say 'cross country' when you haven't declared whether you're talking about cross-country ski-ing, cross-country snow-shoeing or cross-country running.  

They all involve going 'cross country' but after that just about everything else is different! LOL

Oh I'm on fire tonight - wait for the flack tomorrow! 

Post  Guest on Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:02 am

So use a capital S...............or dont.............grammar spammer..............

yes i know its "punctuation" but it doesnt rhyme....so sue me

mac

Male

Post  mac on Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:20 am

Mr.Whitmore wrote:So use a capital S...............or dont.............grammar spammer..............

yes i know its "punctuation" but it doesnt rhyme....so sue me

oh dear - That the best you got?   :yawning:   I need something stimulating for a change.....

Kaere

Female

Post  Kaere on Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:20 am

So you do antagonize just for the fun and sport of it. I don't know why I thought it might be different. I'll stop feeding you now, mac...
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices on Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:22 am

I remember you chi chi.... :urwelcome: Good to see you back.   I think we registered about the same time.   
    I hope a few more 'old' members return like you have....
     :hugz: 

Used to be 'Joanie' on here,then.....
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices on Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:33 am

Oh dear,oh dear,oh dear!

I started a simple topic asking where some of the members are,who used to be members of this site!
    I accept that some of them are very busy at this time of the year.
    But I am talking about a few years back.    I'm talking about 2009!
    When I registered with this site!   
    Surely we all haven't been busy for nearly 5 years.... :happy: 

I made some good friends with some of those members including Native Spirit here,she will vouch for that.   Also an Australian member,often wonder where she is now....

A simple topic of one question......curiosity of where some of my former site mates have disappeared to....is that question so hard to answer?

Have a good day all.....
     :ghug: 
    Joanie as I used to be.....
    Now SpiritVoices.....

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:20 pm