A forum for seekers everywhere...

mediums judging age

Auras

Male
    Number of posts : 1996
    Registration date : 2012-05-06

mediums judging age

Post  Auras on Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:14 pm

I've been through a lot lately. Due with family. But apart from that am pissed of due to the fact that I get judged because I practice mediumship at this age. Seriously? Those who have said this(not mentioning names) have really knocked my confidence to even carry on with what I love. Since when did people make the rules up on who is allowed/not alllowed to practice. If adilt mediuma keep saying this about young medium then their will be no mediums left in the future.you don't choose. Spirit don't go by rules. They don't care about the age. If they want to work with us then so be it but all the negative comments shouldn't be allowed. Put yourself in my place and imagine all the comments you would get? Ay. Think about other people before making negative comments. That's all I've got to say for now
    Whisperingteams

Female
    Number of posts : 288
    Registration date : 2013-07-10

Re: mediums judging age

Post  Whisperingteams on Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:31 pm

How about trying not to take on the negative comments, yes sometimes it can be easier said than done..

Raise your head , stand in your power and feel proud of what you do, and how well you do it..
    SpiritVoices

Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

Post  SpiritVoices on Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:34 pm

Auras,sometimes I despair of you.   Sometimes you are a likeable young man and sometimes you act like a naughty boy.    My son was the same as you at your age.

But we always encouraged him to follow the road he wanted to follow which was to enlist in the RAF.   He was homesick for 4 months and wanted to leave the RAF.
    We encouraged him to stay in the service which he did.   He settled down and got used to to service life.    He did well after that.

I'm telling you this because if you feel you can make a medium of yourself,then go ahead.....
    But mediumship can be a long heavy road,you need to prove yourself by giving accurate messages from spirit to those who can take those messages.
    Sometimes your messages can be incorrect,spirit may have given the messages in an different way so you may interpret them incorrectly.

You need training so as soon as you can, go for that training.

Good luck!
    Auras

Male

Post  Auras on Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:38 pm

Thankyou, Both of you. :megahug:

mac

Male
    Number of posts : 3440
    Job/hobbies : retired
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

Post  mac on Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:58 pm

"I've been through a lot lately. Due with family. But apart from that am pissed of due to the fact that I get judged because I practice mediumship at this age. Seriously? Those who have said this(not mentioning names) have really knocked my confidence to even carry on with what I love. Since when did people make the rules up on who is allowed/not alllowed to practice. If adilt mediuma keep saying this about young medium then their will be no mediums left in the future.you don't choose. Spirit don't go by rules. They don't care about the age. If they want to work with us then so be it but all the negative comments shouldn't be allowed. Put yourself in my place and imagine all the comments you would get? Ay. Think about other people before making negative comments. That's all I've got to say for now"

You'll need to learn to deal with any hostility you perceive from others in terms of your mediumship.  You've already been told there are no rules that determine who is, or who is not, allowed to be a medium.  I personally offered to help you with understanding the bigger picture of life, death and life beyond them and others will likely be able to help you develop your mediumship itself....

The things which determine your effectiveness as a servant for the spirit are partly in your hands and partly in those of the ones who wish to use you as a communication channel.  You can enhance your receptiveness towards the help offered by willing helpers in this world and towards discarnates who wish to use you and by whom (presumably) you are willing to be used.  That's been explained to you before.  What you can't do is determine how effectively spirit communicators do their part, how well they learn to work with, and through, you.  That's up to them to deal with.

There is much you can do for yourself but you're the one who needs to consider what's suggested, evaluate what's most appropriate and what appeals to you personally.  If you want help in doing that there are members who have the knowledge and experience to give you some ideas to think about, not people who will tell you what you must, or must not, do.

If you truly want to move forward then it's again your choice about how to do it but in this posting are a few suggestions which are intended to help you to decide what YOU want to do, how you want to try to do it.
    Auras

Male

Post  Auras on Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:05 pm

You'll need to learn to deal with any hostility you perceive from others in terms of your mediumship.  You've already been told there are no rules that determine who is, or who is not, allowed to be a medium.  I personally offered to help you with understanding the bigger picture of life, death and life beyond them and others will likely be able to help you develop your mediumship itself....

The things which determine your effectiveness as a servant for the spirit are partly in your hands and partly in those of the ones who wish to use you as a communication channel.  You can enhance your receptiveness towards the help offered by willing helpers in this world and towards discarnates who wish to use you and by whom (presumably) you are willing to be used.  That's been explained to you before.  What you can't do is determine how effectively spirit communicators do their part, how well they learn to work with, and through, you.  That's up to them to deal with.

There is much you can do for yourself but you're the one who needs to consider what's suggested, evaluate what's most appropriate and what appeals to you personally.  If you want help in doing that there are members who have the knowledge and experience to give you some ideas to think about, not people who will tell you what you must, or must not, do.

If you truly want to move forward then it's again your choice about how to do it but in this posting are a few suggestions which are intended to help you to decide what YOU want to do, how you want to try to do it.

Ah. That's the lovely side of mac I want to see more of. :asmile:

Yet. I did accept your help on life and death but then I didn't hear nothing from to I thought you left it. So I moved on forward.
    SpiritVoices

Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

Post  SpiritVoices on Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:17 pm

There you are,see!   When you need 'help' we are here.    When you're naughty....we rebel too..... :tong:
    Auras

Male

Post  Auras on Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:25 pm

Lol, Yes.

mac

Male

Post  mac on Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:25 am

Auras wrote:

Ah. That's the lovely side of mac I want to see more of. :asmile:

Yet. I did accept your help on life and death but then I didn't hear nothing from to I thought you left it. So I moved on forward.

This is the normal mac who routinely helps where he can but you didn't ask me about anything and I'm not a teacher who's gonna just rattle off loads of 'stuff' that's not of any interest or relevance to you.  

There was a time when you spoke about an interest in Spiritualism and as I'm one of the few Spiritualist members knowledgeable about that subject I thought I'd be able to help deepen your understanding of the basic stuff that I feel is vital.

It's still not too late.
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24258
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Post  Violet on Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:26 am

You'll need to learn to deal with any hostility you perceive from others in terms of your mediumship.
    Totally agree with Mac, most mediums encounter hostility at some point or another, I often wonder if this is somehow orchestrated to test our mettle, to see who really is dedicated to development, and how we handle such hostility, see such things as learning curves and rise above it.

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.

mac

Male

Post  mac on Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:57 am

Violet wrote:
    You'll need to learn to deal with any hostility you perceive from others in terms of your mediumship.
     Totally agree with Mac, most mediums encounter hostility at some point or another, I often wonder if this is somehow orchestrated to test our mettle, to see who really is dedicated to development, and how we handle such hostility, see such things as learning curves and rise above it.

Orchestration is a possibility but whatever the reason the path of many mediums seems to be strewn with rocks.  

Some budding mediums will fall by the wayside and others will 'make the grade' but mediums have always had to battle routinely against detractors.  I'm no expert but I'd guess that few have an easy time when learning how best to serve the spirit.  

Nowadays it's no easier than in decades past and it may even be tougher; good support for development not be easy to find.  That's perhaps the biggest hurdle.
    Auras

Male

Post  Auras on Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:44 am

Yes. I agree with you on that point. Really though.. What's the point In trying to develop when you're not dedicated to it?

Anywho, Mac. Nothing ever to later. :asmile:

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:44 pm