A forum for seekers everywhere...

not snowing now??????

eyeopen

Number of posts : 1380
    Registration date : 2012-04-03

not snowing now??????

Post  eyeopen on Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:41 pm

Hi and thankyou, for no snow, lol. As it was killing my laptop, funny thing is I just updated a couple more programmes thinking it was that, also did a scan last night, etc but yeh cool, lol.

So Am I rite thinking others had heating issues? using too much resources etc?
    SpiritVoices

Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

Re: not snowing now??????

Post  SpiritVoices on Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:50 pm

Well,I'm having my comp checked after Xmas.   Nothing unduly wrong with it except now and again when I open it up,up pops the message saying 'Preparing Your Desktop'....I'm sick of it,because I have to close down, do a start up again then wait to see if it is ok.   Been told there is nothing wrong with the comp,no heebie-jeebies etc.  Just a darn nuisance!   
    So having it thoroughly checked out after Xmas.....
    RavenMoon

Female
    Number of posts : 584
    Job/hobbies : fulltime and lots of interests
    Registration date : 2012-05-06

Post  RavenMoon on Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:20 pm

it prepares your desktop with the items that you use... there is nothing wrong with it....  - :banghead:  :rant:  :banghead:  
    I have told you previously...

( PS to members......I know Joanie - so I am not having a go or smart mouthing her lol lol lol )
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices on Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:02 pm

Will bring my laptop down at Xmas.....it's not so much worrying,it's just a darned nuisance.    In no way is it changing my laptop desk top,just pops up takes it time waits for me to restart and sometimes promptly pops up again.
    So it is like a round about,over and over again until finally it actually allows me to access  my personal desktop.

Just time taking.....driving me mad because of loss of time before I can access my comp......:worry: 

(is it David Cameron sneaking a preview ......:eek: )

xxx
    eyeopen

Post  eyeopen on Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:24 am

SpiritVoices wrote:Well,I'm having my comp checked after Xmas.   Nothing unduly wrong with it except now and again when I open it up,up pops the message saying 'Preparing Your Desktop'....I'm sick of it,because I have to close down, do a start up again then wait to see if it is ok.   Been told there is nothing wrong with the comp,no heebie-jeebies etc.  Just a darn nuisance!   
    You got an anti virus and a firewall? if so which ones?

You can go to filehippo.com and download things from there. Try ccleaner and it clears stuff also use it to change startups making it faster.

Also use disk cleanup, defragmenttaion etc.
    eyeopen

Post  eyeopen on Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:24 am

RavenMoon wrote:it prepares your desktop with the items that you use... there is nothing wrong with it....  - :banghead:  :rant:  :banghead:  
    I have told you previously...

( PS to members......I know Joanie - so I am not having a go or smart mouthing her lol lol lol )
    :hugz: :hugz: :hugz: :hugz:
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24256
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Post  Violet on Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:26 am

I've been unable to find a good snow code, the one I used last year doesn't work any more, if any of you are good at creating codes for snow could you please help me out ?

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    eyeopen

Post  eyeopen on Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:05 am

Violet wrote:I've been unable to find a good snow code, the one I used last year doesn't work any more, if any of you are good at creating codes for snow could you please help me out ?
    I duno, but I might know some one that does, but then id have to send them here which I dont wana do, unless I show the one you used to them.

Where did you get the one you used from?

You could try it on the banner and see how that works.

ps what about the profile links the drop down box? You know about it rite?

Post  Guest on Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:52 am

When is it going to snow?

norseman

Male
    Number of posts : 317
    Job/hobbies : Striding the hedge
    Registration date : 2010-01-27

Post  norseman on Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:59 pm

Snowing off and on all day yesterday. Today bitter cold wind off the North Sea. Foot of snow forecast this weekend - a present from Northern Russia !

[ p.s. Laptops are the spawn of the Devil ! ]
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices on Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:51 pm

eyeopen wrote:
    SpiritVoices wrote:Well,I'm having my comp checked after Xmas.   Nothing unduly wrong with it except now and again when I open it up,up pops the message saying 'Preparing Your Desktop'....I'm sick of it,because I have to close down, do a start up again then wait to see if it is ok.   Been told there is nothing wrong with the comp,no heebie-jeebies etc.  Just a darn nuisance!   
    You got an anti virus and a firewall? if so which ones?

You can go to filehippo.com and download things from there. Try ccleaner and it clears stuff also use it to change startups making it faster.

Also use disk cleanup, defragmenttaion etc.
    I use all of those,eyeopen.    Everything is fine on my laptop just this darned line that pops up every now and again.   Once I get rid of that,everything is ok....
    Probably a glitch in the system....Will wait for my trusty engineer to poke around in the innards to see what's going on......:yeeess:
    eyeopen

Post  eyeopen on Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:51 pm

ok cool, you know alot then, lol.
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices on Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:14 pm

Not really but I worked on computers many moons ago.   Not the technical side though....   I nearly had a heart attack once.....thought I had lost a few million pounds....:shock1:   On paper!    In the old days on computers,a certain amount of area space had to be programmed into the computer to allow  thousands of pounds sometimes millions to enable the computer to print the right amount of value .

On doing the end of the year financial reports,I realised I was so many million pounds short....I didn't know what was wrong!   That's when it was explained to me that the area was too small to include the millions....:blush: 
    So it's the little things that make the difference.     So in my lappie,some small error is trying to tell me that my desktop is not working properly....which it is!!!!!:mecry:

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content