A forum for seekers everywhere...

Question about gazin

Wardenclyffe

Number of posts : 10
    Registration date : 2013-10-22

Question about gazin

Post  Wardenclyffe on Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:11 pm

Sorry if this is the wrong place for a question about gazing--whether crystals, mirrors, or other media.

I've read Raymond Moody's Reunions with some interest. As most or all people on this forum probably know, Moody believes that the experience of gazing relaxedly and for an extended period at a reflective surface can lead to visionary experiences of departed loved ones. What Moody says is fascinating and provocative. But the whole process feels kind of mechanical--rather than like an appeal to the freedom of spirits on the Other Side or a deepening of one's own perceptive abilities. And that mechanical feel, along with the way he narrates things, makes me wonder (he generally tries not to express an opinion about this) whether what's going on in mirror-gazing experiences is just the triggering of some stuff in the unconscious mind.

I guess I'm mainly writing about this because I'm really interested in trying what Moody suggests; but I don't want to deceive myself. I'd really like to make contact with a deceased loved one, and I don't want to substitute for what the departed person would say just whatever my unconscious mind thinks I ought to hear; I don't want to fool myself.

Any experiences with gazing that might be illuminating here?
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24331
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Re: Question about gazin

Post  Violet on Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:50 pm

Yes, I have some thoughts about the theories i've heard over the years, whatever we gaze into, be that flames a mirror a crystal ball it is merely a point of focus, to keep the mind still and in one place and the things we 'see' are not seen by the physical eye at all.

The above makes total sense to me and yet I have had my own experience of gazing and 'seen' a relative inside an object, it did seem I was really seeing them but then I heard words as well so the above does make sense from my own experience, physically or mediumsitically I saw my relative and was reassured about an upcoming event I had no knowledge of, and could never have any knowledge about until the event (a car crash) happened.

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    RavenMoon

Female
    Number of posts : 584
    Job/hobbies : fulltime and lots of interests
    Registration date : 2012-05-06

Post  RavenMoon on Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:10 am

I like to work with crystals and such,  but 'fraid  the only thing I have achieved, with the very few times I tried it, is going "boss eyed" :happy: much respect and kudos to those who can.:bfs: :bfs:

Auras

Male
    Number of posts : 2011
    Registration date : 2012-05-06

Post  Auras on Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:14 pm

What you're explaining is similar to scrying. With scrying you do the exact same. You can scry with anything that's got a reflective surface. Some say being in a trance leads to visonary experiences, but, being very relaxed works aswell.
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24331
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Post  Violet on Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:55 pm

RavenMoon wrote:I like to work with crystals and such,  but 'fraid  the only thing I have achieved, with the very few times I tried it, is going "boss eyed" :happy: much respect and kudos to those who can.:bfs: :bfs:
    You might be staring rather than gazing, make sure you allow yourself to blink and kind of gaze in 'soft focus'

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:46 am