A forum for seekers everywhere...


    Im back :)

    Share
    avatar
    blackbirdrising
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 177
    Location : Tennessee
    Registration date : 2013-11-06

    Im back :)

    Post  blackbirdrising on Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:47 pm

    I used to be a member here (Carolyn) about a year ago. This morning I found a tweet from Bruce dated in April (yeh didnt see this til today!) saying you all missed me. A lot has been going on, I'm sorry for my absence.
    avatar
    partofme
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 820
    Age : 44
    Location : USA
    Job/hobbies : spiritual growth, repurposer, gardening...anything creative.
    Registration date : 2013-05-29

    Re: Im back :)

    Post  partofme on Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:22 pm

    Welcome back and nice to meet you, see that we are neighbors. (IN) Have family in Crossville.
    avatar
    blackbirdrising
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 177
    Location : Tennessee
    Registration date : 2013-11-06

    Re: Im back :)

    Post  blackbirdrising on Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:43 pm

    You do? Bless your heart. My only memory of Crossville is the bus stop experience I had when taking a Greyhound from Huntsville to Knoxville last year - which wasn't pleasant. I remember it was the day after a tornado had ripped through the area, and when our bus stopped at a Shell gas station for just a 15 minute "get out and grab a quick snack" break, it turned into absolute mayhem. Many people on the bus needed their phones recharged, so the majority of bus riders went inside and plugged in their phone jacks into this multi-plugin jack that the gas station provided, and when they did, the owner of the gas station pulled his pistol out and demanded that the bus riders start handing over their cell phones to him, and said they would have to pay him $50 to have them returned, or they would be shot on sight. Yeh. My thoughts exactly. The majority of the bus riders who had plugged in their phones gave the man their phone out of fear of being shot, and then fell for this scam act of his, but one rider was a Haitian man who spoke almost no english....he put up a fight. All I remember is grabbing the blind woman who I was escorting around the store, and telling her we needed to get back on the bus, notify the busdriver of what was happening, and call 911, because something bad was going down in the store. I got her and myself back in the bus and everyone on that bus who had a charged cell was calling the cops. Cops came just as the bus was pulling out, without the haitian man aboard.  

    Yeh, Crossville, I will not be visiting, and if i ever have to take a bus again, I'm not stepping off til I have to change busses.
    avatar
    Auras
    Member

    Male
    Number of posts : 1997
    Age : 19
    Location : United Kingdom, Liverpool.
    Registration date : 2012-05-06

    Re: Im back :)

    Post  Auras on Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:50 pm

    Welcome Back.

    :megahug:
    avatar
    blackbirdrising
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 177
    Location : Tennessee
    Registration date : 2013-11-06

    Re: Im back :)

    Post  blackbirdrising on Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:57 pm

    Thanks Auras :flo:
    avatar
    Auras
    Member

    Male
    Number of posts : 1997
    Age : 19
    Location : United Kingdom, Liverpool.
    Registration date : 2012-05-06

    Re: Im back :)

    Post  Auras on Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:01 pm

    :urwelcome:
    avatar
    SpiritVoices
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Location : UK
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

    Re: Im back :)

    Post  SpiritVoices on Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:18 pm

    Welcome back,Carolyn!!!!
    I knew I knew you....:giggles: 

    So good to see you back.    You have been one of the original members of this site,you registered in 2006?

    Joanie x
    avatar
    blackbirdrising
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 177
    Location : Tennessee
    Registration date : 2013-11-06

    Re: Im back :)

    Post  blackbirdrising on Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:38 pm

    Hello, Joanie! Missed seeing your face!!:angelx:
    avatar
    SpiritVoices
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Location : UK
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

    Re: Im back :)

    Post  SpiritVoices on Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:44 pm

    I wonder where some of the other old members are.....
    1antique is still here.......:giggles: Bless him!

    Be back later,keep those topics going.....
    :love:
    avatar
    1antique
    Elite

    Male
    Number of posts : 3369
    Age : 60
    Location : Oregon
    Job/hobbies : Searching For The Truth
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

    Re: Im back :)

    Post  1antique on Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:48 pm

    Well! It's about time you came back!

    So much has changed in your absence, my friend! Will catch you up later when I have more time. 

    I have been wondering how you were doing these days. It has been way too long since we spoke.

    Big :hugz:  and :love:
    avatar
    blackbirdrising
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 177
    Location : Tennessee
    Registration date : 2013-11-06

    Re: Im back :)

    Post  blackbirdrising on Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:41 pm

    I am going to work here ina  few minutes, but you bet I will be online tonight and catching you up on everything!
    avatar
    eyeopen
    Member

    Number of posts : 1380
    Location : United Kingdom
    Registration date : 2012-04-03

    Re: Im back :)

    Post  eyeopen on Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:51 pm

    Hi and welcoem back, not sure if our paves crossed, how are you? hows Tenesse?
    avatar
    blackbirdrising
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 177
    Location : Tennessee
    Registration date : 2013-11-06

    Re: Im back :)

    Post  blackbirdrising on Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:10 pm

    Hi eye :) i love tennessee, its beautiful and the people in our small town are awesome!
    avatar
    eyeopen
    Member

    Number of posts : 1380
    Location : United Kingdom
    Registration date : 2012-04-03

    Re: Im back :)

    Post  eyeopen on Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:17 pm

    Small town girl yeh, lol. Sound nice. Generally some towns have nice people who dont go into other businesses.

    :love:


    Last edited by eyeopen on Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
    avatar
    blackbirdrising
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 177
    Location : Tennessee
    Registration date : 2013-11-06

    Re: Im back :)

    Post  blackbirdrising on Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:20 pm

    Its a tight knit community, we live in a campground, everyone including us, lives in an RV, they're a different bunch of folks. I think not being weighed down by matwrial things is a factor.
    avatar
    eyeopen
    Member

    Number of posts : 1380
    Location : United Kingdom
    Registration date : 2012-04-03

    Re: Im back :)

    Post  eyeopen on Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:29 pm

    Yeh I guess so, With myself I like to have my space, although I dont have much of that rite now.

    I havnt spent tiem in a RV, our neighbour use to have one though, was like a different world when we was young.
    avatar
    Violet
    Admin

    Female
    Number of posts : 24260
    Location : UK
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

    Re: Im back :)

    Post  Violet on Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:02 pm

    Great to see you back Carolyn!!!!:stars:



    Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    avatar
    blackbirdrising
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 177
    Location : Tennessee
    Registration date : 2013-11-06

    Re: Im back :)

    Post  blackbirdrising on Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:21 pm

    Hey Violet!! Its so good to be back!!
    avatar
    partofme
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 820
    Age : 44
    Location : USA
    Job/hobbies : spiritual growth, repurposer, gardening...anything creative.
    Registration date : 2013-05-29

    Re: Im back :)

    Post  partofme on Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:24 pm

    blackbirdrising wrote:You do? Bless your heart. My only memory of Crossville is the bus stop experience I had when taking a Greyhound from Huntsville to Knoxville last year - which wasn't pleasant. I remember it was the day after a tornado had ripped through the area, and when our bus stopped at a Shell gas station for just a 15 minute "get out and grab a quick snack" break, it turned into absolute mayhem. Many people on the bus needed their phones recharged, so the majority of bus riders went inside and plugged in their phone jacks into this multi-plugin jack that the gas station provided, and when they did, the owner of the gas station pulled his pistol out and demanded that the bus riders start handing over their cell phones to him, and said they would have to pay him $50 to have them returned, or they would be shot on sight. Yeh. My thoughts exactly. The majority of the bus riders who had plugged in their phones gave the man their phone out of fear of being shot, and then fell for this scam act of his, but one rider was a Haitian man who spoke almost no english....he put up a fight. All I remember is grabbing the blind woman who I was escorting around the store, and telling her we needed to get back on the bus, notify the busdriver of what was happening, and call 911, because something bad was going down in the store. I got her and myself back in the bus and everyone on that bus who had a charged cell was calling the cops. Cops came just as the bus was pulling out, without the haitian man aboard.  

    Yeh, Crossville, I will not be visiting, and if i ever have to take a bus again, I'm not stepping off til I have to change busses.
    Holy SMOKES what an event!  Sounded like a movie skit. 
    Dont blame you for not wanting to go back.  I surely would have to think twice about it thats for sure.
    avatar
    partofme
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 820
    Age : 44
    Location : USA
    Job/hobbies : spiritual growth, repurposer, gardening...anything creative.
    Registration date : 2013-05-29

    Re: Im back :)

    Post  partofme on Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:27 pm

    blackbirdrising wrote:Its a tight knit community, we live in a campground, everyone including us, lives in an RV, they're a different bunch of folks. I think not being weighed down by matwrial things is a factor.
    Hubbys family owns a campground near there.  Not sure if they still consider it that or not.  Not even sure if there are still people on it since they moved to a different state.  Geronimo is its name.

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Im back :)

    Post  Guest on Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:07 pm

    Hi there
    avatar
    blackbirdrising
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 177
    Location : Tennessee
    Registration date : 2013-11-06

    Re: Im back :)

    Post  blackbirdrising on Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:21 pm

    Hi, I love Gene Roddenberry, everything he does. I'm a lifelong Trekkie convention junkie by the way, my mother started bringing me to them when I was 6. :shemade:

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Im back :)

    Post  Guest on Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:23 pm

    haha

    Well you are in luck!

    cuz im kirk!

    ok..............im not...........im a wannabee i guess

    frisky fox
    Member

    Number of posts : 1044
    Registration date : 2013-08-25

    Re: Im back :)

    Post  frisky fox on Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:42 am

    Mr.Whitmore wrote:haha

    Well you are in luck!

    cuz im kirk!

    ok..............im not...........im a wannabee i guess
    welcome back .... wannabee, lol ! :astar:

    frisky fox
    Member

    Number of posts : 1044
    Registration date : 2013-08-25

    Re: Im back :)

    Post  frisky fox on Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:44 am

    wait a minute or two, lol ..... this is not your thread ....kirkie

    hello blackbirdrising , nice to meet you ! :flo: 

    frisky fox

    Sponsored content

    Re: Im back :)

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:11 pm