A forum for seekers everywhere...


    Jane Roberts and SETH

    Share
    avatar
    kardecian
    Member

    Male
    Number of posts : 249
    Location : Oregon
    Job/hobbies : Funeral Service
    Registration date : 2013-06-20

    Jane Roberts and SETH

    Post  kardecian on Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:10 pm

    I just picked up two second hand copies of SETH books. Is anyone familiar with the material, or the medium (now passed on) named JANE ROBERTS?
    Over the years I've seen these books, but has always gotten an odd feeling about them. Not sure why.
    I haven't read any of the two books yet, but may take one with me, as I have to out of town overnight and may read some tonight.
    Any thought on this?
    avatar
    SpiritVoices
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Location : UK
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

    Re: Jane Roberts and SETH

    Post  SpiritVoices on Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:36 pm

    Hi Mike,
    Jane Roberts rings a strong bell with me.    You say she is a medium,may be that is where I've heard her name.

    American medium,Mike?     Tell us about the books,they sound interesting.

    Safe driving....

    Joan x
    avatar
    shayn
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 4035
    Age : 47
    Job/hobbies : tarot reader
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

    Re: Jane Roberts and SETH

    Post  shayn on Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:14 pm

    hi kardecian 

    i read it long time ago, not sure i remember much of it :(
    guess best thing is to just give it a try and use your own judgment...


    shayn
    avatar
    SpiritVoices
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Location : UK
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

    Re: Jane Roberts and SETH

    Post  SpiritVoices on Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:51 am

    Got the book,Mike!    Just can't wait to start it.      Flicked through the pages and the little I saw and read seems excellent reading!

    Thank you,my friend....
    :hugz: 

    Joan

    mac
    Member

    Male
    Number of posts : 3369
    Age : 70
    Location : Heart Of England
    Job/hobbies : retired
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

    Re: Jane Roberts and SETH

    Post  mac on Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:31 pm

    I read 'Seth Speaks' many years ago when I was just starting in 'the spooks'.  It might be significant that nothing of what he said has stuck with me.....  


    I know nothing about the deceased medium.
    avatar
    SpiritVoices
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Location : UK
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

    Re: Jane Roberts and SETH

    Post  SpiritVoices on Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:02 pm

    I'm talking about a different book.     Nothing to do with Seth Speaks,folks. 

    Sounds interesting though.   
    What's the story about,Shayn if you can remember any of it..:giggles:
    avatar
    kardecian
    Member

    Male
    Number of posts : 249
    Location : Oregon
    Job/hobbies : Funeral Service
    Registration date : 2013-06-20

    Re: Jane Roberts and SETH

    Post  kardecian on Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:26 pm

    Joan,
    Glad  you got the book.  It seems to have gotten there quickly this time!
    Regarding Jane Roberts, yes, she was an American Medium.  She had a tragic upbringing.  I researched her online.
    Haven't read any of the book(s) yet, but will probably get to it tonight.
    Hope all is well,
    Mike
    avatar
    SpiritVoices
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Location : UK
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

    Re: Jane Roberts and SETH

    Post  SpiritVoices on Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:34 pm

    kardecian wrote:Joan,
    Glad  you got the book.  It seems to have gotten there quickly this time!
    Regarding Jane Roberts, yes, she was an American Medium.  She had a tragic upbringing.  I researched her online.
    Haven't read any of the book(s) yet, but will probably get to it tonight.
    Hope all is well,
    Mike
    Sad news today,Mike....lost a good friend.
    I started reading the book last night and it is fantastic.   Just what I wanted to read.   The start of life in spirit....great reading.   Thank you for sending it.....
    Joan x
    avatar
    kardecian
    Member

    Male
    Number of posts : 249
    Location : Oregon
    Job/hobbies : Funeral Service
    Registration date : 2013-06-20

    Re: Jane Roberts and SETH

    Post  kardecian on Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:16 am

    Joan,
    I'm sorry to hear about your friend's passing.
    I'm glad you are enjoying the book though!
    Regarding SETH, I read the first chapter of SETH SPEAKS.
    I find it interesting. 
    I'll get back to you on the book once I've read more of it.
    SpiritVoices wrote:
    kardecian wrote:Joan,
    Glad  you got the book.  It seems to have gotten there quickly this time!
    Regarding Jane Roberts, yes, she was an American Medium.  She had a tragic upbringing.  I researched her online.
    Haven't read any of the book(s) yet, but will probably get to it tonight.
    Hope all is well,
    Mike
    Sad news today,Mike....lost a good friend.
    I started reading the book last night and it is fantastic.   Just what I wanted to read.   The start of life in spirit....great reading.   Thank you for sending it.....
    Joan x
    avatar
    SpiritVoices
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Location : UK
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

    Re: Jane Roberts and SETH

    Post  SpiritVoices on Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:03 am

    Look forward to that,Mike.....it sounds interesting......Looking forward to hearing about it.

    :grins:
    avatar
    Assumpta
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 333
    Age : 66
    Location : Los Olivos, Spain
    Job/hobbies : Retired, love reading, writing, cross-stitch and all things spiritual
    Registration date : 2011-06-23

    Re: Jane Roberts and SETH

    Post  Assumpta on Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:12 pm

    Not heard of this medium at all or the Seth books.

    :astar:
    avatar
    kardecian
    Member

    Male
    Number of posts : 249
    Location : Oregon
    Job/hobbies : Funeral Service
    Registration date : 2013-06-20

    Re: Jane Roberts and SETH

    Post  kardecian on Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:29 am

    Assumpta,
    i'm not sure what I think about the Seth books or Jane Roberts.  For some reason I've always avoided them.  Always had a funny feeling about them.  But, I got them second hand from a close friend, so decided to give them a try.  I'm not sure I'll get through them though.
    Assumpta wrote:Not heard of this medium at all or the Seth books.

    :astar:
    avatar
    kardecian
    Member

    Male
    Number of posts : 249
    Location : Oregon
    Job/hobbies : Funeral Service
    Registration date : 2013-06-20

    Re: Jane Roberts and SETH

    Post  kardecian on Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:31 am

    I'm not able to play video on my computer, so I can't view any of the videos on this link. if anyone is interested, you can apparently see Jane Roberts in these videos?  If anyone watches any of them, please let me know what you think. Do you think she was a valid medium? Do you get a bad feeling from these? Do you get a good feeling?  I'm curious, and would appreciate any feedback.
    avatar
    kardecian
    Member

    Male
    Number of posts : 249
    Location : Oregon
    Job/hobbies : Funeral Service
    Registration date : 2013-06-20

    Re: Jane Roberts and SETH

    Post  kardecian on Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:50 pm

    OK, I made it through 2 chapters of SETH SPEAKS. 
    I cannot get into this book.
    I'm sure the woman was a medium of sorts, but I'm not sure how much comes from this spirit or from her own mind.
    The style of SETH is too technical for me. 
    It rings hollow to me. 
    The message sounds almost canned. 
    I'm not sure I trust the medium or the message.
    avatar
    SpiritVoices
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Location : UK
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

    Re: Jane Roberts and SETH

    Post  SpiritVoices on Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:16 pm

    Must put her name on the net.   Wonder if anyone else has heard of her on here....

    The book you gave me is a little bit the same.   Still interesting but the last few chapters are messages coming from those who passed in the 1800's.

    They all seem to contain how much we have to work in spirit.
    Pretty hard,I believe.    Do we ever get a rest,Mike.....? :giggles:
    avatar
    kardecian
    Member

    Male
    Number of posts : 249
    Location : Oregon
    Job/hobbies : Funeral Service
    Registration date : 2013-06-20

    Re: Jane Roberts and SETH

    Post  kardecian on Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:30 pm

    No, I don't rest too often.
    It's the time of my life when I'm keeping busy.
    I have to, to keep out of trouble.
    SpiritVoices wrote:Must put her name on the net.   Wonder if anyone else has heard of her on here....

    The book you gave me is a little bit the same.   Still interesting but the last few chapters are messages coming from those who passed in the 1800's.

    They all seem to contain how much we have to work in spirit.
    Pretty hard,I believe.    Do we ever get a rest,Mike.....? :giggles:
    avatar
    SpiritVoices
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Location : UK
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

    Re: Jane Roberts and SETH

    Post  SpiritVoices on Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:16 pm

    You're a hard worker,Mike.     Always on the go.    Treasure those working days.     Wish I was working again....
    Joan x

    Sponsored content

    Re: Jane Roberts and SETH

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:11 am