why ...those who come

shayn

Female
    Number of posts : 4035
    Job/hobbies : tarot reader
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

why ...those who come

Post  shayn on Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:24 pm

i'm not sure who to ask the question: but why very old family members do not step forward during mediumship reading? i mean, for example, my grand mother's mother? sure i never knew her, but would love to...as far as my own experience goes spirits that came forward, for myself or for others when i gave readings were in  some level of contact with the  person. why is that?
    again it might be that my experience is limited.

thanks

shayn
    SpiritVoices

Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

Re: why ...those who come

Post  SpiritVoices on Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:27 pm

You mean Grandparents and great grandparents,Shayn?
    shayn

Female

Post  shayn on Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:59 pm

for example SV, yes.. 

s
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices on Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:13 pm

I once asked about this and was told that either they are in a reincarnation or they have ascended to a higher plane or in time they forget about us.    The last bit I find it hard to believe.

Yet again,when we think of this,do our memories of previous lives disappear in time.   Talking of all the reincarnations we must have experienced,into different families,do we remember every family we have reincarnated into? 

Or do we constantly reincarnate into the one family,becoming father,mother,sister,brother and children?

I did read once that some spirit do not reincarnate for hundreds of years.    

No wonder our great grand parents do not remember us.

Joan x
    partofme

Female
    Number of posts : 820
    Job/hobbies : spiritual growth, repurposer, gardening...anything creative.
    Registration date : 2013-05-29

Post  partofme on Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:28 pm

I want to agree with what Joan has already mentioned.   They may actually semi-forget us because of the reincarnation aspect.
    1antique
    Elite

Male
    Number of posts : 3369
    Job/hobbies : Searching For The Truth

Post  1antique on Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:34 pm

SpiritVoices said: wrote: I once asked about this and was told that either they are in a reincarnation or they have ascended to a higher plane or in time they forget about us.    The last bit I find it hard to believe.

Why do you find this so difficult to believe, my friend? Our physical bodies are nothing but a shell designed to carry or spirit. It is not the physical body that resides here that is important but the spirit inside. It is only that physical body that is related to the others in the past...not the spirit, so...why would the spirit from centuries past remember? Yes, there is some distant connection, but it is not so strong as to form a desire to reconnect...unless there it is to help you progress.
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices on Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:38 pm

1antique wrote:
    SpiritVoices said: wrote: I once asked about this and was told that either they are in a reincarnation or they have ascended to a higher plane or in time they forget about us.    The last bit I find it hard to believe.

Why do you find this so difficult to believe, my friend? Our physical bodies are nothing but a shell designed to carry or spirit. It is not the physical body that resides here that is important but the spirit inside. It is only that physical body that is related to the others in the past...not the spirit, so...why would the spirit from centuries past remember? Yes, there is some distant connection, but it is not so strong as to form a desire to reconnect...unless there it is to help you progress.

I should have remembered that,1antique.....:blush: 
    So engrossed in thinking about my grandmother.    She is a lady I cannot forget but never knew her.
    All her children,including my father,were so young when she passed over.
    My father was only 10 years.
    I think it was seeing her picture years ago that started the interest in me.   I had one dream about her.   it's on the site somewhere.
    I could have picked up the fact though of recognising her in the dream by seeing her picture.   Now she will have no memory of me from the physical life...

I sincerely hope I meet her when my time comes....

Thank you,1antique.....
    Joan x
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24260
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Post  Violet on Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:31 pm

and was told that either they are in a reincarnation or they have ascended to a higher plane or in time they forget about us. 

My great grandparents have come through in readings i've had and I never knew them in life.

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    shayn

Female

Post  shayn on Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:54 pm

thanks V. how did you know who they were? did they told you? hope you don't mind i'm asking.

s
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices on Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:25 pm

Just as a point about knowing or recognising relatives we have not known in life,I put a post on here I think about my grand daughter,Sarah.

The grand daughter who resemblances an aunt of mine.
    Won't go into details again but theirs lives were so much alike and still are in Sarah's case,I wonder if I should show her a picture of her great aunt and ask her if she recognises her in any way?

It would be an interesting experience.
    Native spirit

Female
    Number of posts : 690
    Registration date : 2011-02-04

Post  Native spirit on Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:02 pm

:astar: How do you know they havent come through in readings? a family member can be anyone in the family including great grandparents,because you didnt know them means nothing they know you, i have giver readings where a family member came through it was a great uncle of the person i was reading she couldnt verify because she didnt know him,she asked other family members who did remember him and verified what i had said.

Namaste
    shayn

Female

Post  shayn on Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:20 pm

so it is possible for family members like grate grandmothers and so to come, even if we don't know them and they not know about us...thank you Native spirit, and also Violet for saying it is possible.

s
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet on Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:38 pm

shayn wrote:thanks V. how did you know who they were? did they told you? hope you don't mind i'm asking.

s

Hi Shayn don't mind you asking at all:flo: the mediums have given names and good descriptions.

Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet on Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:42 pm

shayn wrote:so it is possible for family members like grate grandmothers and so to come, even if we don't know them and they not know about us...thank you Native spirit, and also Violet for saying it is possible.

s

and they not know about us..
    Hi Shayn I totally believe they do know about us even if we never met them, it is natural to be curious about new arrivals in the family even if you are passed over you would be interested in your children, their children and their children and so on:flo:

Cassy7

Female
    Number of posts : 353
    Job/hobbies : Retired. I love walking my dogs by the sea, gardening and researching my family tree.
    Registration date : 2013-07-12

Post  Cassy7 on Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:21 am

In one of the first sittings I ever had with an excellent medium I know, she described my grandparents in great detail - their house, their personalities and appearance.  I assumed she was talking about my grandparents on my father's side because they were the only ones I knew, and told her that the descriptions didn't fit -however she maintained that they were my grandparents.  When I played the recording to my mother she confirmed that the description perfectly fitted her parents who both died when she was in her early teens. 

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:25 pm