A forum for seekers everywhere...


    Meditating on the Divine Light

    Share
    avatar
    kardecian
    Member

    Male
    Number of posts : 249
    Location : Oregon
    Job/hobbies : Funeral Service
    Registration date : 2013-06-20

    Meditating on the Divine Light

    Post  kardecian on Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:12 am

    The wife and I went to Spirit Guided Friends Church on Sunday.  Haven't been there since October. It was nice to step back into the doors of that small Church in Portland, Oregon. 
    They had a Meditation Circle.  Now, I've never known them to do this before. 
    I've never been into 'meditation.'  But, I have to say, after 45 minutes of this practice, my body was completely relaxed.  It felt as if my whole body was vibrating.
    What the pastor did was this:
    a) he told us to relax, beginning at the crown of the head, and ending with the soles of the feet.
    b) we were to visualized the 'white light of God' entering the crown of our head.
    c) we were told to inhale the White Light into our brain, and then to 'breathe it out in every direction towards infinity.'
    d) we breathed the White Light into our brains, then into our throat area, then into our heart area, then into our stomach area, then into our hip area, then into our whole being, ect. 
    e) after each inhalation we were to breathe the White Light out at lightning-quick speed into every direction towards infinity.

    I found this quite interesting. We were given permission to NOT participate if we were not interested, but I figured we drove all the way to Portland that we might as well stay. And I'm glad I did.
    I'm a traditionalist when it comes to Spiritualism, so I didn't think I'd like this meditation.
    But, I found THAT IT WORKED.
    avatar
    millergrls
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 1385
    Location : Michigan
    Job/hobbies : Dispatcher
    Registration date : 2012-11-02

    Re: Meditating on the Divine Light

    Post  millergrls on Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:24 am

    Meditation is wonderful and enlightening.  It brings us inner light and peace.  I love hearing that you had such a wonderful experience.
    avatar
    Violet
    Admin

    Female
    Number of posts : 24260
    Location : UK
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

    Re: Meditating on the Divine Light

    Post  Violet on Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:22 pm

    It's good to hear you gave it a try and enjoyed it, you could do it at home too do you think you will?



    Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    avatar
    SpiritVoices
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Location : UK
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

    Re: Meditating on the Divine Light

    Post  SpiritVoices on Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:04 pm

    Mike,that sounds really good.

    Do you mind if I copy that for my own use?

    Joan x
    avatar
    kardecian
    Member

    Male
    Number of posts : 249
    Location : Oregon
    Job/hobbies : Funeral Service
    Registration date : 2013-06-20

    Re: Meditating on the Divine Light

    Post  kardecian on Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:21 pm

    Violet wrote:It's good to hear you gave it a try and enjoyed it, you could do it at home too do you think you will?

     Hi Violet,
    I find it difficult to sit still for too long. However, I'll probably give it a try from time to time.  Perhaps when I'm having trouble sleeping...or sitting in the dentist's chair.... that sort of thing.
    avatar
    kardecian
    Member

    Male
    Number of posts : 249
    Location : Oregon
    Job/hobbies : Funeral Service
    Registration date : 2013-06-20

    Re: Meditating on the Divine Light

    Post  kardecian on Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:22 pm

    SpiritVoices wrote:Mike,that sounds really good.

    Do you mind if I copy that for my own use?

    Joan x

     Joan, Go right ahead! Copy it and share it, or keep it filed away for reference.  It's a very good meditation.
    avatar
    partofme
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 820
    Age : 44
    Location : USA
    Job/hobbies : spiritual growth, repurposer, gardening...anything creative.
    Registration date : 2013-05-29

    Re: Meditating on the Divine Light

    Post  partofme on Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:38 pm

    Never have attempted much to do meditation on my own. Too many distractions,  but if you were to be able to be involved in a guided meditation there could be a better chance to get something from it. :awed: 

    Does anyone feel like we could attempt something like that here on this forum?  Like a group meet in chat with a member in charge of the meditation. Its a neat experience to review and find out what the messages meant that came through.
     It gets the chat room going...:giggles:
    avatar
    SpiritVoices
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Location : UK
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

    Re: Meditating on the Divine Light

    Post  SpiritVoices on Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:54 pm

    partofme wrote:Never have attempted much to do meditation on my own. Too many distractions,  but if you were to be able to be involved in a guided meditation there could be a better chance to get something from it. :awed: 

    Does anyone feel like we could attempt something like that here on this forum?  Like a group meet in chat with a member in charge of the meditation. Its a neat experience to review and find out what the messages meant that came through.
     It gets the chat room going...:giggles:

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    We used to do meditations in chat ages ago,not here but elsewhere.
    Till we found out some were sneaking off for a cuppa!   :happy: 

    avatar
    SpiritVoices
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Location : UK
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

    Re: Meditating on the Divine Light

    Post  SpiritVoices on Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:56 pm

    kardecian wrote:
    SpiritVoices wrote:Mike,that sounds really good.

    Do you mind if I copy that for my own use?

    Joan x

     Joan, Go right ahead! Copy it and share it, or keep it filed away for reference.  It's a very good meditation.

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Thanks Mike,.....cheers.....Joan x
    avatar
    partofme
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 820
    Age : 44
    Location : USA
    Job/hobbies : spiritual growth, repurposer, gardening...anything creative.
    Registration date : 2013-05-29

    Re: Meditating on the Divine Light

    Post  partofme on Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:21 pm

    undefined wrote:
    We used to do meditations in chat ages ago,not here but elsewhere.
    Till we found out some were sneaking off for a cuppa!   :happy:


     



    Well phooey on them...as long as mediator was still present then thats all one would need.  Can you tell of my intentions!? :angelx:


    New group, new prospects?  :grins:
    avatar
    SpiritVoices
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Location : UK
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

    Re: Meditating on the Divine Light

    Post  SpiritVoices on Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:49 pm

    It would be a brilliant idea.   Like I said before,lots of ideas for chat.
    I used to love the Open Circle.    Whenever spirit decided to give me something to pass on...which is not very much these days....:blush:

    Sponsored content

    Re: Meditating on the Divine Light

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:45 pm