The Heritance of Mediumship.

SpiritVoices

Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

The Heritance of Mediumship.

Post  SpiritVoices on Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:33 pm

Talking to my cousin on the phone this evening I found out some interesting information.

This cousin is related by family to my mother's side.

On my mother's side are three brothers.   On that side also is my great-grand mother who was a practising medium.

I never knew through all the past years that two of my uncles on that side were also mediums.
    This came out this evening.     

I have dreams where spirit come  through.    My cousin surprised me by telling me she also has dreams of the same  nature.    She 'sees' and dreams of spirit.         

My daughter is the same,dreams but does not hear spirit.
    My grandson,I have now found out is psychic.    This I guessed the other night when he told me he had a sudden urge to complete a job which had been waiting for a while to finish.
    In other words I think he was reminded by spirit....just  my guess.....:giggles: 

So how far can a gift of 'seeing and hearing' go back?
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24258
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Re: The Heritance of Mediumship.

Post  Violet on Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:04 pm

So how far can a gift of 'seeing and hearing' go back?

Donkeys years Joanie imo:bfs:

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    Native spirit

Female
    Number of posts : 685
    Registration date : 2011-02-04

Post  Native spirit on Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:12 pm

:astar: Like violet said joan years and years.

Namaste
    partofme

Female
    Number of posts : 820
    Job/hobbies : spiritual growth, repurposer, gardening...anything creative.
    Registration date : 2013-05-29

Post  partofme on Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:19 pm

Im pleased to read of your discovery!  To be able to fit the pieces of history together and get an extended outlook to your spiritual background, just awesome. :stars:
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices on Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:18 pm

:giggles: Just had a chuckle....

My brother has been doing the family history for years.   Finally finished.    One side of the family,he went back to the 14 hundreds!
    My mother's side.    Where all the mediums were.....

Say no more!
    :happy:
    kardecian

Male
    Number of posts : 249
    Job/hobbies : Funeral Service
    Registration date : 2013-06-20

Post  kardecian on Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:38 am

Congradulations, Joan on the family history!
    millergrls

Female
    Number of posts : 1385
    Job/hobbies : Dispatcher
    Registration date : 2012-11-02

Post  millergrls on Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:31 am

Hey joanie.  Sounds like a wonderful family history.  I was reading the part about getting the "urge" to finish something that really needed to be finished.  (Sorry a little off topic it just made me think)  I couldn't find my driver's license for three to four days.  I search in all the places I could think of.  I thought to myself I should just ask my guides.  Then all of a sudden I heard go clean out your van.  So I did.  Guess where I found my driver's license?  Sitting on the dash above my steering wheel in a bank envelope from the last time I took money out of the bank.  It had been right in front of my face the whole time.  I found my license and got a clean van.  I wonder what my family history would be.  Now you have me thinking..........................

Sorry for the off topic.  Back to the 1400's wow.  That is truly amazing.  What a history...:bfs:
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices on Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:28 pm

millergrls wrote:Hey joanie.  Sounds like a wonderful family history.  I was reading the part about getting the "urge" to finish something that really needed to be finished.  (Sorry a little off topic it just made me think)  I couldn't find my driver's license for three to four days.  I search in all the places I could think of.  I thought to myself I should just ask my guides.  Then all of a sudden I heard go clean out your van.  So I did.  Guess where I found my driver's license?  Sitting on the dash above my steering wheel in a bank envelope from the last time I took money out of the bank.  It had been right in front of my face the whole time.  I found my license and got a clean van.  I wonder what my family history would be.  Now you have me thinking..........................

Sorry for the off topic.  Back to the 1400's wow.  That is truly amazing.  What a history...:bfs:

No problem...:hugz: 
    I wish I had a spirit voice to tell me where I've lost various objects,I never find anything.....:happy: 

I was once asked if my family had belonged to the Pendle Witches.     They were known to have existed way back in either the Yorkshire or Lancashire area in the UK.
    Think it was the Yorkshire area.    Where my grandfather originated from....
    I'll ask my brother to investigate that bit.....:grin: 

Joan xx

spiritone*

Number of posts : 63
    Registration date : 2013-07-08

Post  spiritone* on Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:02 am

That's very interesting Joan. It was right after I started doing my ancestry and found out my grandmother had lost 3 or her 4 children to early childhood illnesses. Shortly after I found that and other information about my Irish heritage was when my grandmother appeared to me and she was holding her 2 babies and the other little boy was standing at the head of my bed. Now my grandmother is with me all the time in my 3rd eye. Maybe your ancestors will start visiting you now that they know you are aware of all their gifts!:hugz:
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices on Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:31 am

spiritone* wrote:That's very interesting Joan. It was right after I started doing my ancestry and found out my grandmother had lost 3 or her 4 children to early childhood illnesses. Shortly after I found that and other information about my Irish heritage was when my grandmother appeared to me and she was holding her 2 babies and the other little boy was standing at the head of my bed. Now my grandmother is with me all the time in my 3rd eye. Maybe your ancestors will start visiting you now that they know you are aware of all their gifts!:hugz:

I would really like that,Katt.     My Grandmother (my dad's mother) I never knew her.
    She passed over at age of 41 years.
    I have one picture of her,a beautiful looking lady.

But before I saw this picture of her,I dreamed one night that I was shopping in an old market place from when I was a child.
    There were double doors at the bottom of the market.   This lady who I did not know in the dream,walked through them and came towards me with a big smile.
    She was dressed in Victorian clothing.   I wondered who she was when i woke up.

A few days later my father was going through some old pictures....he handed one to me.
    'that is your grandmother'!    he said.....
    I recognised her as the lady from the market....
    Wonderful....
    Joan xx

spiritone*

Number of posts : 63
    Registration date : 2013-07-08

Post  spiritone* on Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:22 pm

I got goosebumps when I read the words your father said, "this is your grandmother", I"m sure she is with you!

My grandmom died when I was 2 1/2 but I remember her. I remember going to her house with my dad and she lived on the 2nd floor there was a window in the corner I could see out and I would stand there and look out. She would bring a little girl who lived downstairs up to play with me and we would sit at the dinning room table and she would give us a jar of pennies to play with. I can still picture her kitchen and the cabinet she would get the penny jar off. I remember how she looked. My family never took many pictures back then and when I was first married my husband got mad at me one time (of many) and burned all my family pics. So I only have a few pics that my mom had put in our baby books. A cousin of mine had some pics and gave them to my sister and my sis make up a small album for me, so now I have pics of my grandmothers and mom and dad and me and my sisters when we were young. My grandmother in these pics looks just like I remember her.

She was my dad's mom and she is the grandmother who appeared to me in 2010. I was her first grandchild. She is my guide I know!:hugz:
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices on Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:03 pm

That is lovely,Katt.    I treasured my grandkids mostly when they were small because I remembered how my nana....as I used to call her...treated me.   Always had the patience to sit down and play cards with me.   Snap was the name of the game.

Or Strip Jack Naked.....:blush: 
    I used to be horrified at that name.   But it was quite a good game.

I can understand how you felt at losing family photos.   They are treasured in my home.
    I have a large old suitcase full of pictures going right back to my childhood,my kids and my grandkids.

I have told my son and daughter,no squabbling when sharing the old photos out.

Told them I will be watching them......:naughty: 

Joan x
    kardecian

Male
    Number of posts : 249
    Job/hobbies : Funeral Service
    Registration date : 2013-06-20

Post  kardecian on Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:21 pm

spiritone* wrote:I got goosebumps when I read the words your father said, "this is your grandmother", I"m sure she is with you!

My grandmom died when I was 2 1/2 but I remember her. I remember going to her house with my dad and she lived on the 2nd floor there was a window in the corner I could see out and I would stand there and look out. She would bring a little girl who lived downstairs up to play with me and we would sit at the dinning room table and she would give us a jar of pennies to play with. I can still picture her kitchen and the cabinet she would get the penny jar off. I remember how she looked. My family never took many pictures back then and when I was first married my husband got mad at me one time (of many) and burned all my family pics. So I only have a few pics that my mom had put in our baby books. A cousin of mine had some pics and gave them to my sister and my sis make up a small album for me, so now I have pics of my grandmothers and mom and dad and me and my sisters when we were young. My grandmother in these pics looks just like I remember her.

She was my dad's mom and she is the grandmother who appeared to me in 2010. I was her first grandchild. She is my guide I know!:hugz:
    Spiritone, So sorry to hear that your family photos were burned.  That must have been heart-breaking for you.
    RavenMoon

Female
    Number of posts : 584
    Job/hobbies : fulltime and lots of interests
    Registration date : 2012-05-06

Post  RavenMoon on Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:02 pm

:hugz:

Spiritone - so sad to hear that you lost all the pictures...  but how nice that family rallied round and made a album for you.  I think we all lose photos over the years , especially school ones lol.. many of mine just disappeared:scratch: 
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices on Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:30 pm

The only thing I am curious about is this.
    As the families marry through each generation does the blood or if spiritualism is part of the genes,and marriages take place to a none medium or no gift what so ever,does the mediumship gift eventually die out of the family genes?

I haven't such a strong gift as my relatives had in the past.
    I sense,I hear but not very good giving out messages.
    I feel more than anything else....

Joan x

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:26 am