Fasting before mediumship?

Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24258
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Fasting before mediumship?

Post  Violet on Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:52 am

I heard once that some mediums do not eat for several hours before giving a demonstration/sittings, has anyone else heard this, or do any of you do this and do you think there are any benefits to doing this?

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    innerlight
    Elite

Male
    Number of posts : 3807
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Re: Fasting before mediumship?

Post  innerlight on Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:46 am

I would imagine heavy foods like meats will keep you more grounded and may make it harder to connect with spirit. So eating something light would probably be ideal before doing spirit work.
    SpiritVoices

Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

Post  SpiritVoices on Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:25 am

Yes,I read that somewhere else.    Something to do with heaviness of food affecting the mediumship.
    Detlef

Male
    Number of posts : 923
    Registration date : 2010-09-25

Post  Detlef on Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:15 pm

I would not fast, but not eat at least one hour before.
    If I just had a meal, I find it difficult to make a connection, I can, but it is not the same.

It is common sense, in the same way as Daoists will not eat at least one hour before practice, before Tai Chi, and so one.
    Working with energies would be very uncomfortable with a full system.
    SpiritVoices

Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

Post  SpiritVoices on Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:00 pm

I remember at school before swimming lessons,no eating.
    Also before severe exercise,no eating.

I am also at my most energetic,when I feel hungry.     Housework always done quickest before lunch.

So I can understand why a medium would not want to eat before bringing spirit through.

Also at work,we were all full of energy,machines going like mad but after lunch,all we used tohear was 'yawns' and 'I wish it was time to go home'.

:blush: 

Joan
    partofme

Female
    Number of posts : 820
    Job/hobbies : spiritual growth, repurposer, gardening...anything creative.
    Registration date : 2013-05-29

Post  partofme on Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:36 pm

Makes sense.  Ive also read that even the diet will change for some all together.
    Detlef

Male

Post  Detlef on Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:26 am

partofme wrote:Makes sense.  Ive also read that even the diet will change for some all together.

I can attest to that.
    partofme

Female
    Number of posts : 820
    Job/hobbies : spiritual growth, repurposer, gardening...anything creative.
    Registration date : 2013-05-29

Post  partofme on Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:46 pm

From meat eater to vegan or vegetarian?  My middle daughter is on that basis and has been since very little.
    Lynn

Female
    Number of posts : 1467
    Job/hobbies : Retired - Interests Metaphysics
    Registration date : 2010-01-26

Post  Lynn on Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:09 pm

Hello

Yes some open in the solar plexus chakra and food does not mix well with that.  Its a gut feeling that some run on so food in would mean food out....I have seen this where the medium has actually had to leave to toss things from them.  It all depends on if one too is doing channeling where spirit enters one.  With that they enter most times via the seed of creation of us the belly button and that is the stomach area.   Nausea is a norm for me and I have simply come to balance it all out. 

The only rule I follow is that there is no liquor in me for a period of 24 hours or I will not do a reading, that does not mean that in that time spirits have not made contact as I am always open to them it just means that nothing is shared with someone.  I want to make sure that I have a clear system to give forth the best.

I did a reading earlier today and I almost tossed breakfast....as the person that I made contact with was not nice in nature and had done something not nice.  It was more seeing what was done that turned things for me. 

If I was to have to not eat then no work would ever get done.  I too LOVe food.

Lynn
    Whisperingteams

Female
    Number of posts : 288
    Registration date : 2013-07-10

Post  Whisperingteams on Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:21 pm

yes i agree , food is an interesting one...I have also heard it is best not to eat an hour or more prior to meditation..

in the last few years my foods have changed, not dramatically but enough to notice

no sugar in hot drinks, no coffee, lucky if i have had a glass of wine in the last year, this year bread has stopped, not gluten free, just bread..

nausea - yes my stomach is very sensitive now, to eating certain things and smelling things, sweet things really upset my stomach, and me being me, love my desserts (and chocolate) so get a little picky as to what i can have and know i will be a tad nauseous later, but hey dessert is dessert :giggles:
    Detlef

Male

Post  Detlef on Sun Jul 14, 2013 2:21 am

On a side note, I never connect to, or let anything enter below the heart center.
    I know for those who do mediumship work, they need to connect to spirits on the lower levels.
    That's why I always use my divine self a an intermediary. It filters all the information for me.
    But it is rare that I attempt to connect with a spirit in the earth realm.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:29 pm