A forum for seekers everywhere...

What if the Hokey Cokey is REALLY what it's all about?

Yorick
    Just joined

Male
    Number of posts : 9
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2013-05-22

What if the Hokey Cokey is REALLY what it's all about?

Post  Yorick on Thu May 23, 2013 12:20 pm

What I'm about to write is based on what Spirit has taught me with help of my guide. Most of you will disagree with it because you have been taught by seniors in the church who stick with all the traditional beliefs.

The fact is the Afterlife is beyond our comprehension. We can only visualise it in the physical terms we recognise. A woman at a Q&A evening asked if there was sex in Heaven. When told no, she said "It's not worth going then!" The Eastern religions strive to achieve Nirvana through many physical lifetimes. Nirvana is when our personal life force melds in with the Cosmic Consciousness. This physical world is only our mind's interpretation of the vibrations we feel through our senses. Why is something red, another green? Because they vibrate at different rates. A diamond and a piece of charcoal are both basically carbon but they vibrate at different rates. Our physical world exists in our mind. A stage hypnotist can convince a volunteer that someone standing in front of him/her is not there or that the whole audience is naked.

So the Afterlife is whatever we want it to be. If our mind (life force) wants there to be a Harry Ramsden's Fish and Chip shop, there will be. We can create it as long as the vibrations we receive allow it. When we feel the vibrations from a loved one, our mind will formulate their image into whatever suits us best. When a medium tells us. Aunt Doris is here with a message, she will describe her in the form we remember. An old lady with a walking stick who always said "Let's have a nice cup of tea." But to her widower, she may be described as an auburn haired girl of 25 in a Lyons cafe because that is where they met. So when he is reunited with her in the next world, she will be 25 again and he will be 27 (in appearance).

But of course most people in a congregation can't envisage anything but this life. So they believe we will eat, drink, sleep and maybe watch TV. Like our ancestors thought God had arms amd legs and angels went to and from heaven via a ladder.

Amgels and spirit guides always appear to the recipient in a form aceptable to that person's beliefs. Catholics see the Virgin Mary, some Eastern religions see the Angel Gabriel, Spiritualists see monks, Native Americans, Gurus etc. So I can never be a spirit guide because I was a rent collector. Who's going to believe a message from me unless it's advice about housing benefit?

So to sum up, the Next World will be whatever you want it to be. You just have to create it around the love vibrations you receive from other spirits.
    SpiritVoices

Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

Re: What if the Hokey Cokey is REALLY what it's all about?

Post  SpiritVoices on Thu May 23, 2013 5:04 pm

Yorick wrote:What I'm about to write is based on what Spirit has taught me with help of my guide. Most of you will disagree with it because you have been taught by seniors in the church who stick with all the traditional beliefs.

The fact is the Afterlife is beyond our comprehension. We can only visualise it in the physical terms we recognise. A woman at a Q&A evening asked if there was sex in Heaven. When told no, she said "It's not worth going then!" The Eastern religions strive to achieve Nirvana through many physical lifetimes. Nirvana is when our personal life force melds in with the Cosmic Consciousness. This physical world is only our mind's interpretation of the vibrations we feel through our senses. Why is something red, another green? Because they vibrate at different rates. A diamond and a piece of charcoal are both basically carbon but they vibrate at different rates. Our physical world exists in our mind. A stage hypnotist can convince a volunteer that someone standing in front of him/her is not there or that the whole audience is naked.

So the Afterlife is whatever we want it to be. If our mind (life force) wants there to be a Harry Ramsden's Fish and Chip shop, there will be. We can create it as long as the vibrations we receive allow it. When we feel the vibrations from a loved one, our mind will formulate their image into whatever suits us best. When a medium tells us. Aunt Doris is here with a message, she will describe her in the form we remember. An old lady with a walking stick who always said "Let's have a nice cup of tea." But to her widower, she may be described as an auburn haired girl of 25 in a Lyons cafe because that is where they met. So when he is reunited with her in the next world, she will be 25 again and he will be 27 (in appearance).

But of course most people in a congregation can't envisage anything but this life. So they believe we will eat, drink, sleep and maybe watch TV. Like our ancestors thought God had arms amd legs and angels went to and from heaven via a ladder.

Amgels and spirit guides always appear to the recipient in a form aceptable to that person's beliefs. Catholics see the Virgin Mary, some Eastern religions see the Angel Gabriel, Spiritualists see monks, Native Americans, Gurus etc. So I can never be a spirit guide because I was a rent collector. Who's going to believe a message from me unless it's advice about housing benefit?

So to sum up, the Next World will be whatever you want it to be. You just have to create it around the love vibrations you receive from other spirits.

Hi Yorick.
    Something I have never thought about and yes,I guess we view the spirit world as we would view our world. With vast improvements.

We can only imagine that world as we have had it described to us. And who can give us a description except those who have visited there or those who reside there.
    The description we can rely on are those who have passed over already. But can we rely on spirit to give an accurate description? The only information we can gather is from books. From mediums who perhaps have a quick glimpse of that wonderful land or dimension.

I do believe that even in dreams,we are not allowed to go beyond a 'halfway' mark.

Even when I dream I am in spirit,I notice there always is a barrier between us and them.
    Like going on holiday and not being able to leave the hotel but to view the scenery through a window.
    Or are told 'there is a beautiful beach' or 'the flowers' are so colourful.

Had a giggle there.... :giggles: Last time I attended the spiritualist church,medium started her messages by a remark which made everyone laugh. 'Ooh' she said 'I'm being told off,have a queue of loved ones lining up' They say' Hurry up,It's Sat night,our night out' 'get cracking,so we can going'.
    The laughter was instant,the atmosphere was alive and off she went with accurate messages.

That's the kind of medium I like. A little joking and spirit were ready... :grin:

If we want a fish and chip shop,we can have one......it all depends what we would like,all in the thoughts but thoughts give us what we want in spirit.

Excellent topic,Yorick....keep going....

Joanie :yeeess:

Yorick
    Just joined

Male

Post  Yorick on Thu May 23, 2013 9:05 pm

Thanks for that, Joanie. When people tell me of a catastrophe in their life, I suggest they look at life as a computer game. They are the avatar and the game is programmed with problems to face. To complete their quest, they must tackle the problems which earns them points. If it gets too tough, they can hit the "help" button. If they earn enough points, they go on to level 2. The final level is Nirvana.

Life is a vibration and vibrations go in two directions, up and down. When you suffer a problem, you can empathise with folk you meet in the future with the same problem. Has anyone seen the movie "We were soldiers then?" Part of it is about the wives back home. One day a telegram boy arrives with the news that one of the husbands has been killed in action. One of the women intercepts the telegram and with two other wives goes to the widow to break the news and give love and support. One by one the wives lose their husbands but each time the same lady intercepts the telegram and goes with others to break the news. Finally comes the day when she opens the door to the other widows who are holding her telegram. It still makes me sad to think about it.
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices on Thu May 23, 2013 10:07 pm

Yorick wrote:Thanks for that, Joanie. When people tell me of a catastrophe in their life, I suggest they look at life as a computer game. They are the avatar and the game is programmed with problems to face. To complete their quest, they must tackle the problems which earns them points. If it gets too tough, they can hit the "help" button. If they earn enough points, they go on to level 2. The final level is Nirvana.

Life is a vibration and vibrations go in two directions, up and down. When you suffer a problem, you can empathise with folk you meet in the future with the same problem. Has anyone seen the movie "We were soldiers then?" Part of it is about the wives back home. One day a telegram boy arrives with the news that one of the husbands has been killed in action. One of the women intercepts the telegram and with two other wives goes to the widow to break the news and give love and support. One by one the wives lose their husbands but each time the same lady intercepts the telegram and goes with others to break the news. Finally comes the day when she opens the door to the other widows who are holding her telegram. It still makes me sad to think about it.

I will remember that,that is what I call 'real friendship',helping each other out.
    The kind of friends to have,we all need those.

Why I am late on site this evening. Phone has never stopped....my ears are ringing.. :giggles:

Friends are good,especially genuine friends. I have great internet friends which keep going. Quiet night on site tonight....must be something on telly....I missed it all what ever it was....

:asmile:

Joan

Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24346
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Post  Violet on Thu May 23, 2013 11:35 pm

asked if there was sex in Heaven. When told no, she said "It's not worth going then!"

I think a lot of people don't realise that we have no physical body in the spirit world, we can't eat smoke or drink we can't have sex and I doubt there would be any desire for it because we won't get those urges any more due to the lack of body, nor do spirits 'talk' they have no mouth no tongue, as we know it.

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices on Fri May 24, 2013 5:07 am

Correct,Violet. I read once that there is a love,the most beautiful love possible between a man and a woman of the mind. An emotional love which takes place of any physical act.

Joanie

Yorick
    Just joined

Male

Post  Yorick on Fri May 24, 2013 11:15 am

Joanie wrote:Correct,Violet. I read once that there is a love,the most beautiful love possible between a man and a woman of the mind. An emotional love which takes place of any physical act.

Joanie

Do you remember that feeling of love and protection when you were a tiny child? When you were cuddled up on your mother or father's lap in the evening - you'd had your supper. So there was nothing you needed - not even entertainment. Like an embryo, you were warm, safe and feeling loved.

I read a sci-fi short story once that had a hidden message. (As do many of them). This one was basically a man had discovered the Martians were going to drop cylinders of gas to make us all perfectly content. He was trying to contact them by radio to warn them not to or we would all die. Why would we die of contentment? someone asked. He said that if a man was perfectly satisfied with reading page 1 of a book, he'd never read page 2. If someone was perfectly happy with their eyes shut, they'd never open them. It's only dissatisfaction that makes the human race continue.

I'd take that a stage further and say that we know we have "pain and pleasure" receptors in our brain. When activated they emit chemicals, some give us a good feeling, some bad. The pleasure receptors give us a high after our five senses are stimulated with lovely things to eat, see, touch, smell and hear. A man is satisfied usually if what he sees, touches etc is pleasant. But a woman often wants her senses entertained because the rush of brain chemicals will put her in the mood for sex. Hence, moonlight, colourful flowers, chocolates etc are considered romantic.

So many people think that if these were absent in the afterlife, they wouldn't feel love.
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices on Fri May 24, 2013 5:03 pm

That's a nice thought,Yorick.

You hit the nail on the head there. To enjoy life to the full,we have to suffer pain. Then we can enjoy happiness.
    I have often thought that if we had happiness,peace and contentment all the time how boring that would be.

We are given problems to solve and pain to enjoy the relief of surmounting problems.

Something I have never thought of before.... :scratch:

Joanie

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:13 pm