A forum for seekers everywhere...


    How do you benefit from reading the Qur'an?

    Share

    spiritualannie
    Newbie

    Female
    Number of posts : 11
    Job/hobbies : Student
    Registration date : 2013-01-02

    How do you benefit from reading the Qur'an?

    Post  spiritualannie on Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:19 am

    The Qur'an is like an instruction manual for mankind. Like complex
    electrical goods which come with their own instruction manuals in order
    to make the products work at their best, the Qur'an is a guide for
    humanity.

    It is not just a collection of sacred texts to be ritually memorised
    and recited, the Qur'an is a guide, a map and at times, a prescription
    for humans, as ordained by the One which created us.

    Given the significance of the Qur'an, and given further that these
    are the direct words of God, we should respect what we are about to read
    by according an amount of physical and spiritual preparation first.

    Physical preparation: involves being in a state of cleanliness
    and purity, for example, dressing in clean and modest clothes, and to
    purify yourself physically.

    Spiritual preparation: involves being in the state of mind
    that would help the reader obtain the divine benefit of the messages.
    The first prerequisite of personalizing Qur'an to us is absolute
    humility and humbleness to Allah SWT. The more we are poor to Allah and
    the more we are aware of our ignorance and acknowledge our need for
    Allah SWT and His divine guidance, the more we will be granted, by the
    will of our Creator, the in-depth understanding of the Qur'an. Also
    important is the sincerity and honesty of the reader.
    avatar
    Crystal
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 1249
    Location : UK
    Job/hobbies : Counsellor - Crystals,Tarot, Reiki and animal healing
    Registration date : 2009-06-20

    Re: How do you benefit from reading the Qur'an?

    Post  Crystal on Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:47 pm

    Opinions vary. But I have read the Qur'an, and The Bible in many forms, and also the Torah, makes for interesting reading, but at the end of the day they are all written by man and are just one view. We have freedom of choice and can usually, though not always, choose to believe in what we want.
    Reading gives knowledge but it is up to the individual if they see benefit or not.
    avatar
    shayn
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 4035
    Age : 48
    Job/hobbies : tarot reader
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

    Re: How do you benefit from reading the Qur'an?

    Post  shayn on Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:16 pm

    i agree with you crystal: the Qur'an, the Bible take away the freedom of choice and free thinking from people and if you are a woman then you are even less lucky.
    i believe everyone should be free to choose what form of life he or she wishes to live and according to what, and see what is the best fit and beneficial for them. and i wish we live in a world where no one should have the power to force people to live according to this or that religious way of thinking and living.



    S

    spiritualannie
    Newbie

    Female
    Number of posts : 11
    Job/hobbies : Student
    Registration date : 2013-01-02

    Re: How do you benefit from reading the Qur'an?

    Post  spiritualannie on Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:28 pm

    Thank you Crystal and Shayn for your comments/feedback. However, Bible, Torah, and Quran are given to us as guidelines on how to live our lives. When we talk about choosing to live freely and free thinking than we come across people who believe in gay marriages, men women walking naked on streets, and people committing crimes openly etc. In other words we become more like animals. We are created human beings and being a human means a lot. This is what God want from us is to distinguish ourselves from animals. I'll give you a short example about Muslims. Muslims fast in the Month of Ramadhan from sunrise till sunset. While fasting they cannot eat nor drink a sip of water. Muslims cannot curse, hurt, or even abuse anyone. Muslims seek repentance over their past sins and ask God to give ability to live lives peacefully. This whole month is a training period for the Muslims. Who is training? God. Why? so that the 11 month they become used to what they do in the one month. And while a Muslim stays hungry and thirsty, he realizes the importance of all blessings from God and think about those who are less fortunate. So this is what the guidelines do, make people civilized and human beings. :)
    avatar
    shayn
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 4035
    Age : 48
    Job/hobbies : tarot reader
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

    Re: How do you benefit from reading the Qur'an?

    Post  shayn on Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:23 pm

    forcing someone to live against his nature is causing hurt!!!!! and if you refuse to accept gay marriage or gays in general then you hurt those who are different from you, just because you are unable to accept that people who are different from you have rights just as you do. refusing to accept that means,  in my dictionary,  hurting others out of pure selfishness and narrow minded thinking. Being gay is as natural as all other ways and forms of life in this world, and gays are blessed by God as all life is blessed by God. 


    s
    avatar
    Crystal
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 1249
    Location : UK
    Job/hobbies : Counsellor - Crystals,Tarot, Reiki and animal healing
    Registration date : 2009-06-20

    Re: How do you benefit from reading the Qur'an?

    Post  Crystal on Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:40 pm

    Well said Shayn, not sure how someone with a spiritual name can say such awful unkind and untrue things either :(
    avatar
    Violet
    Admin

    Female
    Number of posts : 24346
    Location : UK
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

    Re: How do you benefit from reading the Qur'an?

    Post  Violet on Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:46 am

    spiritualannie wrote:Thank you Crystal and Shayn for your comments/feedback. However, Bible, Torah, and Quran are given to us as guidelines on how to live our lives. When we talk about choosing to live freely and free thinking than we come across people who believe in gay marriages, men women walking naked on streets, and people committing crimes openly etc. In other words we become more like animals. We are created human beings and being a human means a lot. This is what God want from us is to distinguish ourselves from animals. I'll give you a short example about Muslims. Muslims fast in the Month of Ramadhan from sunrise till sunset. While fasting they cannot eat nor drink a sip of water. Muslims cannot curse, hurt, or even abuse anyone. Muslims seek repentance over their past sins and ask God to give ability to live lives peacefully. This whole month is a training period for the Muslims. Who is training? God. Why? so that the 11 month they become used to what they do in the one month. And while a Muslim stays hungry and thirsty, he realizes the importance of all blessings from God and think about those who are less fortunate. So this is what the guidelines do, make people civilized and human beings. :)


     When we talk about choosing to live freely and free thinking than we come across people who believe in gay marriages, men women walking naked on streets, and people committing crimes openly etc. In other words we become more like animals. We are created human beings and being a human means a lot. This is what God want from us is to distinguish ourselves from animals.
    I'm confused????????


    and people committing crimes openly etc
    So people comitting crimes secretly is ok????


    Aren't we ALL god's creatures?


    Frankly I find your post offensive:  
    than we come across people who believe in gay marriages, men women walking naked on streets,

     In other words we become more like animals.



    Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    avatar
    QuietCypher
    Member

    Male
    Number of posts : 88
    Age : 39
    Registration date : 2013-11-20

    Re: How do you benefit from reading the Qur'an?

    Post  QuietCypher on Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:49 pm

    Crystal wrote:Opinions vary. But I have read the Qur'an, and The Bible in many forms, and also the Torah, makes for interesting reading, but at the end of the day they are all written by man and are just one view. We have freedom of choice and can usually, though not always, choose to believe in what we want.
    Reading gives knowledge but it is up to the individual if they see benefit or not.
    Indeed!
    avatar
    1antique
    Elite

    Male
    Number of posts : 3369
    Age : 61
    Location : Oregon
    Job/hobbies : Searching For The Truth
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

    Re: How do you benefit from reading the Qur'an?

    Post  1antique on Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:10 am

    If I may interject:

    Man was created naked by God and walked in God's grace naked. It was not until man broke God's commands did he realize that he he was naked and became ashamed of his body and covered up. 

    It is man who has created a stigma about the body, not God. Man is the one that decided the body was something to be ashamed of and to be covered up.

    In God's eyes our bodies are a beautiful creation...just like His other creations.
    The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
    avatar
    SpiritVoices
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Location : UK
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

    Re: How do you benefit from reading the Qur'an?

    Post  SpiritVoices on Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:42 am

    1antique wrote:If I may interject:

    Man was created naked by God and walked in God's grace naked. It was not until man broke God's commands did he realize that he he was naked and became ashamed of his body and covered up. 

    It is man who has created a stigma about the body, not God. Man is the one that decided the body was something to be ashamed of and to be covered up.

    In God's eyes our bodies are a beautiful creation...just like His other creations.
    So very true,1antigue.....A baby is born naked in it's purity.
    avatar
    Crystal
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 1249
    Location : UK
    Job/hobbies : Counsellor - Crystals,Tarot, Reiki and animal healing
    Registration date : 2009-06-20

    Re: How do you benefit from reading the Qur'an?

    Post  Crystal on Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:14 am

    jcam@sii wrote:'i say cheese to my nicer nobility', i once crawled for the big bigs of the koran - cause i say cheese to my nicer nobility. that ol' prophet mahamed has good socks - maybe it's like wine for the public .. .

    Jcam you certainly have a way with words! Mohammad has good socks, indeed! Did he ever wear socks, were socks invented? Taking the old and bringing it to the new is refreshing, wine for the public, I like that idea :)
    avatar
    Native spirit
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 725
    Registration date : 2011-02-04

    Re: How do you benefit from reading the Qur'an?

    Post  Native spirit on Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:27 pm

    I don't read the Koran bible or any other religious book written by man,they say they were written on tablets then some person decided he knew what they said and wrote it down a few hundred years later someone else decided to put it right in his own mind,there is no one alive that can verify what was actually said so its all hearsay, so I follow my own path I believe in the great spirit I believe in mother earth. I live my life in the way it suits me,i follow my own path I have my own code of conducts and my own ethical code too, I don't push what I believe on others and I don't wont others pushing their beliefs on me either.

    Namaste

    Sponsored content

    Re: How do you benefit from reading the Qur'an?

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:57 pm