A forum for seekers everywhere...


    Where are the Workers

    Share
    avatar
    CW
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 723
    Age : 58
    Location : USA
    Registration date : 2010-10-14

    Where are the Workers

    Post  CW on Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:59 pm

    Do you ever feel as if 20 percent of the people are working , while the other 80 percent is doing nothing? Begging seem to have become a new career in this 21st century. My pay check got smaller this year because of tax increases. I notice more and more people are lying around doing nothing.

    We all have talents and abilities that can be useful, helpful and profitable.
    Where are all the working people what's happening to them?
    Are they lost in cyber space?
    avatar
    SpiritVoices
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Location : UK
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

    Re: Where are the Workers

    Post  SpiritVoices on Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:51 pm

    The world is in a sad place today,CW.

    Same in the UK,no work but Cameron keeps pushing folks to look for work.

    How can they if there is no employment.

    Some won't work and some are willing but will not accept any employment that does not suit them.

    My pensions like your salary,is shrinking.

    A poor state of affairs.



    Joanie
    avatar
    RavenMoon
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 584
    Location : wishing to be somewhere serene and peacfull
    Job/hobbies : fulltime and lots of interests
    Registration date : 2012-05-06

    Re: Where are the Workers

    Post  RavenMoon on Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:11 am

    I doubt it is the workers.. I find it is more the employers.. exploiting the workers.
    Some weeks I am working 6 days and long hours  with no thanks  - and it is just accepted that I will do it.  No pay raise for 6 years - so in some ways it is understandable that people will get fed up and demotivated by the company they work for, especially when some of the "unemployed" are quite happy to sit on their bums and expected to have their benefits paid by the tax paying workers.

    Don't get me started..........:rage:
    avatar
    SpiritVoices
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Location : UK
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

    Re: Where are the Workers

    Post  SpiritVoices on Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:30 am

    I would drop a few hints there.....No rise for 6 years!!!!!!
    That's slave labour....:eek:
    avatar
    RavenMoon
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 584
    Location : wishing to be somewhere serene and peacfull
    Job/hobbies : fulltime and lots of interests
    Registration date : 2012-05-06

    Re: Where are the Workers

    Post  RavenMoon on Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:29 am

    it would fall on deaf ears....... They don't care....

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Where are the Workers

    Post  Guest on Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:31 am

    CW wrote:Do you ever feel as if 20 percent of the people are working , while the other 80 percent is doing nothing? Begging seem to have become a new career in this 21st  century.  My pay check got smaller this year because of tax increases. I notice more and more people are lying around doing nothing.

    We all have talents and abilities that can be useful, helpful and profitable.
    Where are all the working people what's happening to them?
    Are they lost in cyber space?
    The problem is too many people having jobs that don't produce anything.............talk jobs.....boss jobs.....

    If nothing is being produced.....then its not productive?


    and they are all on facebook.,......
    avatar
    Cassy7
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 365
    Age : 64
    Location : UK
    Job/hobbies : Retired. I love walking my dogs by the sea, gardening and researching my family tree.
    Registration date : 2013-07-12

    Re: Where are the Workers

    Post  Cassy7 on Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:13 am

    Mr.Whitmore wrote:
    CW wrote:Do you ever feel as if 20 percent of the people are working , while the other 80 percent is doing nothing? Begging seem to have become a new career in this 21st  century.  My pay check got smaller this year because of tax increases. I notice more and more people are lying around doing nothing.

    We all have talents and abilities that can be useful, helpful and profitable.
    Where are all the working people what's happening to them?
    Are they lost in cyber space?
    The problem is too many people having jobs that don't produce anything.............talk jobs.....boss jobs.....

    If nothing is being produced.....then its not productive?


    and they are all on facebook.,......
    Exactly - the UK has given away all of it's manufacturing, no wonder there are no jobs. 

    A very bright young girl I know has a good degree and the only job she was offered was in a call centre.

    Some years ago I worked in a hospital and helped patients to claim benefits.  I have always remembered asking one lady what benefit she was currently claiming and she replied "oh- just ordinary".  It turned out to be what was then called Supplementary Benefit - ie the benefit for non-working people who were not able to claim unemployment benefit.  I realised that to her living on benefits was the normal way of living - and sadly this seems to be the case for a great many people today.

    While I'm on my soap box - I am horrified that the government has closed down the Remploy workshops (supported workplaces for disabled people) because they are not profitable enough.  There was a lovely lady on the TV who was in floods of tears because her workshop has closed and she has to find a job in normal employment.  If able bodied people are not able to find work, what chance do disabled people have?  Also, it is not just a job to them, it is their support and also where their friends are.  I could weep.

    Cassy x
    avatar
    SpiritVoices
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Location : UK
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

    Re: Where are the Workers

    Post  SpiritVoices on Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:16 am

    Mr.Whitmore wrote:
    CW wrote:Do you ever feel as if 20 percent of the people are working , while the other 80 percent is doing nothing? Begging seem to have become a new career in this 21st  century.  My pay check got smaller this year because of tax increases. I notice more and more people are lying around doing nothing.

    We all have talents and abilities that can be useful, helpful and profitable.
    Where are all the working people what's happening to them?
    Are they lost in cyber space?
    The problem is too many people having jobs that don't produce anything.............talk jobs.....boss jobs.....

    If nothing is being produced.....then its not productive?


    and they are all on facebook.,......
    Got to agree there.

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Where are the Workers

    Post  Guest on Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:28 pm

    In the old days they sweated...............which produced

    Today too many have jobs that make paper trails for the few that sweat.

    its why many here where i live are turning to "under the table" for a living
    avatar
    1antique
    Elite

    Male
    Number of posts : 3369
    Age : 60
    Location : Oregon
    Job/hobbies : Searching For The Truth
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

    Re: Where are the Workers

    Post  1antique on Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:10 pm

    As long as our system is driven by greed, nothing will change. It will only be when the world realizes that we must work for the good of all mankind that there will be change for the better.
    avatar
    SpiritVoices
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Location : UK
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

    Re: Where are the Workers

    Post  SpiritVoices on Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:55 pm

    Look at the lazy lout who was hiding out in Spain and still claiming his benefits.

    Now that makes me angry.     :gah:

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Where are the Workers

    Post  Guest on Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:48 pm

    Remove all currency and move to a trade/bartering system


    and do not let the suits do the trading for you.....thats how this mess started in the first place
    avatar
    SpiritVoices
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Location : UK
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

    Re: Where are the Workers

    Post  SpiritVoices on Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:58 pm

    Mr.Whitmore wrote:Remove all currency and move to a trade/bartering system


    and do not let the suits do the trading for you.....thats how this mess started in the first place
    That's correct!    I'll give you this if you give me that!

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Where are the Workers

    Post  Guest on Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:01 pm

    yup................we still do it here in rural pei....to a certain extent
    avatar
    1antique
    Elite

    Male
    Number of posts : 3369
    Age : 60
    Location : Oregon
    Job/hobbies : Searching For The Truth
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

    Re: Where are the Workers

    Post  1antique on Sat Nov 02, 2013 4:38 am

    How about forget the barter system as well. It can also lead to greed just as well as money. Why not just enter into a system where all for the common good? I am not talking about communism, either. That is too flawed. More like the level shown on star trek.
    avatar
    RavenMoon
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 584
    Location : wishing to be somewhere serene and peacfull
    Job/hobbies : fulltime and lots of interests
    Registration date : 2012-05-06

    Re: Where are the Workers

    Post  RavenMoon on Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:43 pm

    Cassy7 wrote:
    Exactly - the UK has given away all of it's manufacturing, no wonder there are no jobs. 

    A very bright young girl I know has a good degree and the only job she was offered was in a call centre.



    While I'm on my soap box - I am horrified that the government has closed down the Remploy workshops (supported workplaces for disabled people) because they are not profitable enough.  There was a lovely lady on the TV who was in floods of tears because her workshop has closed and she has to find a job in normal employment.  If able bodied people are not able to find work, what chance do disabled people have?  Also, it is not just a job to them, it is their support and also where their friends are.  I could weep.

    Cassy x
    Nothing wrong with CALL CENTRES... The proper ones that is.. lol lol
    We deal with inbound calls only...order lines, booking lines, and emergency calls to engineers and doctors.
    Infact  it is the perfect place for some Disabled people to work if their problem is only their mobility.
    avatar
    SpiritVoices
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Location : UK
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

    Re: Where are the Workers

    Post  SpiritVoices on Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:55 pm

    Look at all the years I've worked.     Where have I ended up?
    Good salary and good employment.....
    Good jobs too,but once retirement arrives you end up thrown on the rubbish heap!
    Good pension then what happens?    The Govt takes half of it off us.    For what?
    To aid more thousands of migrants to enter the country......
    I read this morning that some employers want to employ migrants only.
    You know why?    Because they can pay them less wages.

    Been trying to get retirement place in the town where my daughter lives.
    For some unearthly reason,I'm being put back on this....
    Guess why?

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Where are the Workers

    Post  Guest on Sat Nov 02, 2013 6:15 pm

    ok..so the promise of pension is poopy

    So...do you think you were just a slave now?

    basically we do the work for our masters,....in terms of providing shelter for ourselves and food

    nice on the star trek reference antique....i agree
    avatar
    SpiritVoices
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Location : UK
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

    Re: Where are the Workers

    Post  SpiritVoices on Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:02 pm

    Mr.Whitmore wrote:ok..so the promise of pension is poopy

    So...do you think you were just a slave now?

    basically we do the work for our masters,....in terms of providing shelter for ourselves and food

    nice on the star trek reference antique....i agree
    The tax is growing more and more every year on pensions.  Why? When we have paid tax during working years already.  
    I have no objections to migrants coming into the country,I have some good friends among them.     But this country just cannot afford to keep more people living on benefits until they find work!    They are taking benefits off some folks who need that money to live on....illness,incapacity to work......disabled etc.
    I do try to be fair but the UK is being swamped by too many immigrants entering at the same time.

    As I said before,lessen the load a little.....

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Where are the Workers

    Post  Guest on Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:35 pm

    SpiritVoices wrote:
    Mr.Whitmore wrote:ok..so the promise of pension is poopy

    So...do you think you were just a slave now?

    basically we do the work for our masters,....in terms of providing shelter for ourselves and food

    nice on the star trek reference antique....i agree
    The tax is growing more and more every year on pensions.  Why? When we have paid tax during working years already.  
    I have no objections to migrants coming into the country,I have some good friends among them.     But this country just cannot afford to keep more people living on benefits until they find work!    They are taking benefits off some folks who need that money to live on....illness,incapacity to work......disabled etc.
    I do try to be fair but the UK is being swamped by too many immigrants entering at the same time.

    As I said before,lessen the load a little.....
    Blame the boomers....its why pensions and health care are taking huge hits now
    avatar
    SpiritVoices
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Location : UK
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

    Re: Where are the Workers

    Post  SpiritVoices on Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:07 pm

    Mr.Whitmore wrote:
    SpiritVoices wrote:
    Mr.Whitmore wrote:ok..so the promise of pension is poopy

    So...do you think you were just a slave now?

    basically we do the work for our masters,....in terms of providing shelter for ourselves and food

    nice on the star trek reference antique....i agree
    The tax is growing more and more every year on pensions.  Why? When we have paid tax during working years already.  
    I have no objections to migrants coming into the country,I have some good friends among them.     But this country just cannot afford to keep more people living on benefits until they find work!    They are taking benefits off some folks who need that money to live on....illness,incapacity to work......disabled etc.
    I do try to be fair but the UK is being swamped by too many immigrants entering at the same time.

    As I said before,lessen the load a little.....
    Blame the boomers....its why pensions and health care are taking huge hits now
    Exactly!

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Where are the Workers

    Post  Guest on Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:26 pm

    but its not their fault....its that there are too many at once
    avatar
    SpiritVoices
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Location : UK
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

    Re: Where are the Workers

    Post  SpiritVoices on Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:56 pm

    Exactly,too many coming across at the same time.    God knows where they will house them.    I do feel sorry for some of them,the genuine ones.
    avatar
    Cassy7
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 365
    Age : 64
    Location : UK
    Job/hobbies : Retired. I love walking my dogs by the sea, gardening and researching my family tree.
    Registration date : 2013-07-12

    Re: Where are the Workers

    Post  Cassy7 on Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:19 pm

    RavenMoon wrote:
    Cassy7 wrote:
    Exactly - the UK has given away all of it's manufacturing, no wonder there are no jobs. 

    A very bright young girl I know has a good degree and the only job she was offered was in a call centre.



    While I'm on my soap box - I am horrified that the government has closed down the Remploy workshops (supported workplaces for disabled people) because they are not profitable enough.  There was a lovely lady on the TV who was in floods of tears because her workshop has closed and she has to find a job in normal employment.  If able bodied people are not able to find work, what chance do disabled people have?  Also, it is not just a job to them, it is their support and also where their friends are.  I could weep.

    Cassy x
    Nothing wrong with CALL CENTRES... The proper ones that is.. lol lol
    We deal with inbound calls only...order lines, booking lines, and emergency calls to engineers and doctors.
    Infact  it is the perfect place for some Disabled people to work if their problem is only their mobility.
    Yes, sorry  ... I used the wrong term, should have been clearer. My friends daughter was offered a job cold selling (I think it's called) - where she would have to phone people to sell something.  Modern equivalent of the doorstep salesman I suppose.  I'm not knocking any job, but it seems a waste for a girl qualified for more rewarding and useful employment.  I hate getting these sales calls myself and can imagine that it's not a pleasant job to do.
    avatar
    SpiritVoices
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Location : UK
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

    Re: Where are the Workers

    Post  SpiritVoices on Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:31 pm

    She is supervisor there.     But works shifts.....Loves her job though....

    Sponsored content

    Re: Where are the Workers

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:31 am