Gods new revelations

lumas

Male
    Number of posts : 123
    Registration date : 2011-06-28

Gods new revelations

Post  lumas on Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:41 pm

First topic message reminder :

Our lives do not have to be the way they are. Human beings are capable of living together in peace and harmony. Yet some people must decide to show the way. Some must declare with their lives that they are the way. Some people must choose to be the first domino.
    these are Gods new revelations:
    1.God has never stopped communicating directly with human beings. God has been communicating with and through human beings from the beginning of time. God does so today.

2. Every human being is as special as every other human being who has ever lived, lives now, or ever will live. you are all messangers. Every one of you. You are carrying a message to life about life every day. Every hour. Every moment.

3. No path to God is more direct than any other path. No religion is the "one true religion" no people are "the chosen people" and no phrophet is the "greatest prophet".

4. God needs nothing. God requires nothing in order to be happy. God is happiness itself. Therefore, God requires nothing of anyone or anything in the universe.

5. God is not a singular super being, living somewhere in the universe or outside of it, having the same emotional needs and subject to the same emotional turmoil as humans. that which is God cannot be hurt or damaged in any way, so, has no need to seek revenge or impose punishment.

6.All things are one thing. there is ony one thing, and all things are part of the one thing that is.

7. there is no such thing as right or wrong. There is only what works and what does not work, depending on what it is you seek to be, do, or have.

8. You are not your body.Who you are is limitless and without end.

9. You cannot die, and you will never be condemned to eternal damnation.

These statements are true. These revelations are real. They can be used, if you choose, as one basis for a new spirituality. yet turn, first and foremost, to the truth and the wisdom and the love within your own being. Test everything against that. Measure everything by it. Remember that the greatest tool you will ever have with which to create not only a new spirituality, but a whole new world, is your own life lived.

Last edited by lumas on Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:39 am; edited 1 time in total

mac

Male
    Number of posts : 3658
    Job/hobbies : retired
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

Re: Gods new revelations

Post  mac on Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:52 pm

lumas wrote:
    mac wrote:I'm rarely one for history and this thread began over 5 years ago - I'm not keen on bumping up old topics or needing to wade through old material. 

Brought up to date in a new thread with new ideas I might be tempted to offer my thoughts but not as this thread stands now.
    Why don’t you do yourself a favour Mac, go out and purchase a book with the same title as one on my thread “God’s new revelations” give it a read that will give you plenty of new ideas and material then you can come back on here tell us all about it and then we can really have some decent spiritual conversation.
    Buy a book to get new ideas?  How precious are you?  You come over as the kind of individual who thinks he knows what's right for everyone else. I've been around long enough to understand as much as I need to understand this time around.  Next time who knows what I might choose to do but for now I'm good, thank you.

I don't pretend, or believe, I know the answers for others.  I don't tell others what favour they should do for themselves.  If I try to offer help it's simply an offer and it's based on what someone has said or asked or what the active conversation is about.  

It's not my way to tell someone to do themself a favour by doing this or that, reading this or that.  I try to set the table and invite them to take anything that appeals.  Do you remember that approach, something I learned from the principles of Spiritualist philosophy?
    lumas

Male

Post  lumas on Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:01 pm

We mac wrote:
    lumas wrote:
    lumas wrote:
    mac wrote:
    lumas wrote:

Was it I who did that?

Now you're telling me how to behave and I don't care for that.  On an open forum we each have the right - within website rules - to say what we think.  Others don't get to tell us what we should keep to ourselves.

I will continue to hold my view about old threads and continue to express my reservations that they have run their course.  In passing I'll also mention that some websites actually lock old topic threads after a certain age so just maybe others see things as I do.  It would have been better in my view to start a new thread with fresh material if you do have any new material - simply re-stating or bumping up an old thread achieves what?  We've read it all before BUT if I see new members, new contributions, flooding in to this thread, folk stimulated into responding then I'll be happy to say I was wrong - deal?

I'm sorry you've had such a dreadful few years resulting in your loss of conviction about the essence of this life - the survival of all of us past physical death.  In that short paragraph there was much to help others who might be facing similar loss yet you hadn't mentioned it before and that's a shame.

There are many way of helping others.  The elelents of truth contained in the words of this thread when it was active are as valid as they ever were because what's true never changes.  But their presentation, their context, can  - and perhaps should - change, just as we change ourselves. 

I've been writing online about matters spiritual since 2003 and during that time I've come to realise it's no good my trotting out the same old stuff in the same old way I used to do 15 years ago.  I've changed the way I present those few elements of the bigger picture I've managed to pick up over 30 odd years and carry forward with me.  I've realised they don't always work for others but most importantly for me I've realised that their context is all important if they're ever to help others.  Hence I've changed my delivery and I encourage others to consider doing that too.

Not telling you how to behave Mac just requesting you don’t put derogitory remarks on my posts simple! You say you don’t bump old threads and there you are commenting on them with such quotes as Jeez - you really think you could change the world so simply?  oy vey   
    I have not come back on this site to get into trivial arguments with the likes of you Mac, I have told you my intentions and that is to pass on to others my spiritual inspiration and if that involves dragging up old threads describing my beliefs then that is what I will do, if you want to get involved with decent spiritual conversation about them then I am happy to do that however if you don’t want to get involved and it annoys you that people bring up old threads about what they believe in and what they believe to be the truth then I ask that you don’t comment and moan about it please, not too much to ask is it?
    If you see discussion and debate as trivial then why spend time on a discussion/debate website?  Your final request is noted as are your stated intentions.  I have nothing more to add.
    But you haven’t discussed anything regarding my threads, you haven’t given your thoughts on them just remarked on the irrelevance of them as they are in your opinion too old, shame you couldn’t give your opinion on them because I would have liked your point of view but I do value everybody’s opinion and I will leave it by wishing you all the best with your commenting on any new threads that might be posted and wish you well and hope you give others spiritual inspiration just as this site intends. Best regards.
    lumas

Male

Post  lumas on Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:24 pm

mac wrote:
    lumas wrote:
    mac wrote:I'm rarely one for history and this thread began over 5 years ago - I'm not keen on bumping up old topics or needing to wade through old material. 

Brought up to date in a new thread with new ideas I might be tempted to offer my thoughts but not as this thread stands now.
    Why don’t you do yourself a favour Mac, go out and purchase a book with the same title as one on my thread “God’s new revelations” give it a read that will give you plenty of new ideas and material then you can come back on here tell us all about it and then we can really have some decent spiritual conversation.
    Buy a book to get new ideas?  How precious are you?  You come over as the kind of individual who thinks he knows what's right for everyone else. I've been around long enough to understand as much as I need to understand this time around.  Next time who knows what I might choose to do but for now I'm good, thank you.

I don't pretend, or believe, I know the answers for others.  I don't tell others what favour they should do for themselves.  If I try to offer help it's simply an offer and it's based on what someone has said or asked or what the active conversation is about.  

It's not my way to tell someone to do themself a favour by doing this or that, reading this or that.  I try to set the table and invite them to take anything that appeals.  Do you remember that approach, something I learned from the principles of Spiritualist phyloshpy
    I’m glad you understand as much as you need to know all the best Mac.

mac

Male

Post  mac on Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:29 pm

lumas wrote:
    We mac wrote:
    lumas wrote:
    lumas wrote:Not telling you how to behave Mac just requesting you don’t put derogitory rema..........believe in and what they believe to be the truth then I ask that you don’t comment and moan about it please, not too much to ask is it?
    If you see discussion and debate as trivial then why spend time on a discussion/debate website?  Your final request is noted as are your stated intentions.  I have nothing more to add.
    But you haven’t discussed anything regarding my threads,

That's true and you didn't react to most of what I wrote....

you haven’t given your thoughts on them just remarked on the irrelevance of them as they are in your opinion too old,

It's true that I didn't go into any detail about how I felt but the few words I did write should have given you an indication.....

Actually, for completeness, I have taken a long look back to what you were posting back in 2012 in order to try to relate that to what you're saying 5 years on....  Having done that there is much I could say but I chose not to.

shame you couldn’t give your opinion on them because I would have liked your point of view

I try not to be hurtful but I am often direct and somewhat blunt and that may feel hurtful.  Even the little I have said has upset you so if I responded in more detail it is unlikely (I feel) you would have welcomed it, no matter what you're saying here.

but I do value everybody’s opinion and I will leave it by wishing you all the best with your commenting on any new threads that might be posted and wish you well and hope you give others spiritual inspiration just as this site intends. Best regards.

And I wish you the best in your endeavours.  I shall continue to comment in the way I have done now for several years, probably less so here but increasingly elsewhere.  If there is anything I feel I might help others with then I will try my best as I always have.

I would be interested, though, in learning what happened to you during the years you've been away from SI, the struggles you faced and how you came through them.  It's my view that those experiences would be of  practical help to others facing bereavement and loss of direction.  But I respect your right to keep those matters to yourself.

Last edited by mac on Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

mac

Male

Post  mac on Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:33 pm

lumas wrote:
    mac wrote:
    lumas wrote:
    mac wrote:I'm rarely one for history and this thread began over 5 years ago - I'm not keen on bumping up.....................appeals.  Do you remember that approach, something I learned from the principles of Spiritualist phyloshpy
    I’m glad you understand as much as you need to know all the best Mac.
    And I am very thankful I've reached this point.  It took me quite a time to get there.  All the best to you too.
    lumas

Male

Post  lumas on Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:35 pm

mac wrote:
    lumas wrote:
    We mac wrote:
    lumas wrote:
    lumas wrote:Not telling you how to behave Mac just requesting you don’t put derogitory rema..........believe in and what they believe to be the truth then I ask that you don’t comment and moan about it please, not too much to ask is it?

you haven’t given your thoughts on them just remarked on the irrelevance of them as they are in your opinion too old,

It's true that I didn't go into any detail about how I felt but the few words I did write should have given you an indication.....

Actually, for completeness, I have taken a long look back to what you were posting back in 2012 in order to try to relate that to what you're saying 5 years on....  Having done that there is much I could say but I chose not to.

shame you couldn’t give your opinion on them because I would have liked your point of view

I try not to be hurtful but I am often direct and somewhat blunt and that may feel hurtful.  Even the little I have said has upset you so if I responded in more detail it is unlikely (I feel) you would have welcomed it, no matter what you're saying here.

but I do value everybody’s opinion and I will leave it by wishing you all the best with your commenting on any new threads that might be posted and wish you well and hope you give others spiritual inspiration just as this site intends. Best regards.

And I wish you the best in your endeavours.  I shall continue to comment in the way I have done now for several years, probably less so here but increasingly elsewhere.  If there is anything I feel I might help others with then I will try my best as I always have.

I would be interested, though, in learning what happened to you during the years you've been away from SI, the struggles you faced and how you came through them.  It's my view that those experiences would be of  practical help to others facing bereavement and loss of direction.  But I respect your right to keep those matters to yourself.
    Thank you for your interest Mac, Of course I will share my story and you are right it may help others not only come to terms with their own struggles in life and loss but they may also wish to share their experiences as well. I will start a new thread, something along the lines of “faith lost and found” if there is already a thread of this nature let me know and I will rename it. Regards...
    lumas

Male

Post  lumas on Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:33 pm

lumas wrote:
    mac wrote:
    lumas wrote:
    We mac wrote:
    lumas wrote:

Thank you for your interest Mac, Of course I will share my story and you are right it may help others not only come to terms with their own struggles in life and loss but they may also wish to share their experiences as well. I will start a new thread, something along the lines of “faith lost and found” if there is already a thread of this nature let me know and I will rename it. Regards...
    And by the way I too have gone through your old posts and I have no doubt whatsoever about your bluntness and how it has upset folk, I have seen the hot water it has got you into on many occasions, yes like others i have taken your responses to be a personal attack rather than criticism on the actual content of the thread itself which you openly admit to not actually digesting until now and true some of your remarks especially your more recent quote about me being precious and an individual who thinks he knows it all did hit a nerve, but perhaps like you I was a bit blunt in what I was trying to put across and could have presented that better and deserved a reaction. 
    like you though Mac I have been involved in spirituality far to long to be so nieve to think I know it all and in the grand scheme of things I have only scratched the surface and I question my faith still constantly but at least I have it back. Regards..

mac

Male

Post  mac on Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:06 am

quote: "And by the way I too have gone through your old posts and I have no doubt whatsoever about your bluntness and how it has upset folk, I have seen the hot water it has got you into on many occasions, yes like others i have taken your responses to be a personal attack rather than criticism on the actual content of the thread itself which you openly admit to not actually digesting until now and true some of your remarks especially your more recent quote about me being precious and an individual who thinks he knows it all did hit a nerve, but perhaps like you I was a bit blunt in what I was trying to put across and could have presented that better and deserved a reaction. 
    like you though Mac I have been involved in spirituality far to long to be so nieve to think I know it all and in the grand scheme of things I have only scratched the surface and I question my faith still constantly but at least I have it back. Regards.."

I disagree - as you'd probably now expect - with your characterisation of the situations you may have seen.  You haven't said how many threads you've looked at to reach your conclusions but I've posted in a fair few here (and many more elsewhere) over several years.  On occasion I've allowed myself to get personally entangled with others but - as I recall things - it's mostly been a case of six of one and half a dozen of the other.  What annoys me most is having someone tell me to keep my views to myself when they're expressing their own. That's not how forums work and I'm often point that out.

I guess I'm lucky in that I've never had a wobble concerning our survival beyond corporeal death.  If it's possible my previous certainty is now more solid than ever.  I have had to re-think some issues when unexpectedly I encountered new aspects but most significantly I've greatly changed how I now approach matters I see as fundamental.

The teachings and philosophy of Modern Spiritualism provide my foundation but mostly now I'm 'talking' online to individuals for whom those issues have absolutely no meaning.  It's then quite a challenge to make what I write as relevant and helpful as I can for those who appear to need it.

mac

Male

Post  mac on Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:13 am

lumas wrote:
    mac.............................. wrote:how you came through them.  It's my view that those experiences would be of  practical help to others facing bereavement and loss of direction.  But I respect your right to keep those matters to yourself.
    I shall look forward to reading your account.  :asmile:

Elsewhere we have members who also have experienced loss similar to your own and are struggling to make sense of new lives, lives they don't enjoy.  I think I'd be right to say that their online contact with one another helps them a little to deal with their continuing grief and difficulties.

mac

Male

Post  mac on Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:02 pm

As a bye-the-bye, this website is pretty quiet nowadays with few contributors.  Some of the 'regulars' you might remember from earlier times are around but many have left.  New ones come but as with the other websites where I'm a regular, they often leave. 

As the song goes "Fings ain't wot they used to be."
    lumas

Male

Post  lumas on Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:25 pm

mac wrote:As a bye-the-bye, this website is pretty quiet nowadays with few contributors.  Some of the 'regulars' you might remember from earlier times are around but many have left.  New ones come but as with the other websites where I'm a regular, they often leave. 

I’m not going to react to that too much Mac because I don’t want to say in this reply what I really want to put in that thread I’m going to post about losing my faith, what I will say though is this, I spent many years working towards becoming a medium, sitting in open circles, closed circles carrying out rescue work table tipping spirit boards and attending spritualist churches and I was so close to handing over my hard earned cash to the Arther Findlay foundation for a course and recognition from the NSU and then my world fell apart you could say that was fate but I wouldn’t have agreed at the time. Since I have rediscovered my faith ( which I know never really left me by the way)I have now realised that the way forward is not to “tread the boards” sitting  to small audiences in small churches around the country side doing the same thing week in week out supping tea and eating biscuits  (not that I’m knocking the excellent work they do) it’s just not for me sites like these are the way forward they reach a far wider audience and nearly every household has access to the internet. Soon the arguing over who is right or wrong will cease and the true intention of wonderful sites just like this will be recognised and used to their full potential and the likes of you and I Mac will be those dominoes that I mentioned in one of those  VERY OLD threads of mine (sorry had to get that one in)  :asmile: Finally( phew I hear you sigh) I will finish just as you did in your last sentence “Fings ain’t Wot they used to be” and just add “we can but hope”

mac

Male

Post  mac on Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:24 pm

lumas wrote:
    mac wrote:As a bye-the-bye, this website is pretty quiet nowadays with few contributors.  Some of the 'regulars' you might remember from earlier times are around but many have left.  New ones come but as with the other websites where I'm a regular, they often leave. 

I’m not going to react to that too much Mac because I don’t want to say in this reply what I really want to put in that thread I’m going to post about losing my faith, what I will say though is this, I spent many years working towards becoming a medium, sitting in open circles, closed circles carrying out rescue work table tipping spirit boards and attending spritualist churches and I was so close to handing over my hard earned cash to the Arther Findlay foundation for a course and recognition from the NSU and then my world fell apart you could say that was fate but I wouldn’t have agreed at the time. Since I have rediscovered my faith ( which I know never really left me by the way)I have now realised that the way forward is not to “tread the boards” sitting  to small audiences in small churches around the country side doing the same thing week in week out supping tea and eating biscuits  (not that I’m knocking the excellent work they do) it’s just not for me sites like these are the way forward they reach a far wider audience and nearly every household has access to the internet. Soon the arguing over who is right or wrong will cease and the true intention of wonderful sites just like this will be recognised and used to their full potential and the likes of you and I Mac will be those dominoes that I mentioned in one of those  VERY OLD threads of mine (sorry had to get that one in)  :asmile: Finally( phew I hear you sigh) I will finish just as you did in your last sentence “Fings ain’t Wot they used to be” and just add “we can but hope”
    I haven't encouraged you to say anything you didn't want to but this conversation has developed anyway.  Perhaps it was meant to, perhaps not, but either way I'm going to respond.

I understand what you've said about becoming a medium.  I understand how hard you will have worked towards it but in my mind you were a medium to start with - even if you didn't necessarily realise or accept it - or you weren't.  It's the old chestnut that mediums aren't made but born.  I readily acknowlege that with support and/or training a medium can become more effective in the way she/he works but that's not the same as becoming a medium.  

I don't know if you are a medium.  If you are then in my eyes you always were, even if your 'ability' was latent.  If you didn't have the necessary attributes you could not be a medium.  Either way that part of your hoped-for path in life is over and so are my thoughts about it. 

Moving on I often wonder if the days of mediumship have passed, at least the way things used to be.  I fear so and I also fear you're wrong about the importance of websites like this.  That's a subject for a different conversation in a different thread on another occasion, perhaps.
    lumas

Male

Post  lumas on Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:53 pm

mac wrote:
    lumas wrote:

I haven't encouraged you to say anything you didn't want to but this conversation has developed anyway.  Perhaps it was meant to, perhaps not, but either way I'm going to respond.

I understand what you've said about becoming a medium.  I understand how hard you will have worked towards it but in my mind you were a medium to start with - even if you didn't necessarily realise or accept it - or you weren't.  It's the old chestnut that mediums aren't made but born.  I readily acknowlege that with support and/or training a medium can become more effective in the way she/he works but that's not the same as becoming a medium.  

I don't know if you are a medium.  If you are then in my eyes you always were, even if your 'ability' was latent.  If you didn't have the necessary attributes you could not be a medium.  Either way that part of your hoped-for path in life is over and so are my thoughts about it. 

Moving on I often wonder if the days of mediumship have passed, at least the way things used to be.  I fear so and I also fear you're wrong about the importance of websites like this.  That's a subject for a different conversation in a different thread on another occasion, perhaps.
    I agree with you on all counts Mac our conversations we are having now were always meant to be, we were destined to be at loggerheads that have lead us to these conversations that is my belief, one thing spirituality has taught me is everything happens for a reason (even the loss of my boy in his prime) every action has a reaction and it’s how we react to those actions that moulds the path back to whence we came, I know that last statement alone will sound as though I’m a person that thinks he knows it all and it’s obvious that’s how I came across to you previously but that’s how it is I am who I am just like you and like you I won’t change the way I do that and that’s my freedom of choice. 
    you are also correct in thinking that my ambitions to be a medium in the old way are most definatly over and I don’t believe the old ways of spiritualism (Especially where churches are concerned) reach out enough and they only go some way to serve the regular committed sitters and very rarley attract new folk, that statetment too would also upset and offend so you see Mac we are not that dissimilar at all. 
    As for my views on the internet and sites such as this, I do believe it’s the way forward but is SI the way forward for me? Well I’m drawn back to it so who knows! As I sad before there’s a reason for everything so let’s see and as you said coversation on another occasion perhaps.
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24343
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Post  Violet on Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:33 am

So sorry to read of your loss Lumas

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    lumas

Male

Post  lumas on Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:25 pm

Violet wrote:So sorry to read of your loss Lumas
    Thank you Violet I won’t talk about what happened now but if you want to know about it you can google Man dies in Dublin Marathon 2013 it will tell you all about it as it made national news at the time both in Ireland and back here in the UK. He was a wonderfull handsome young man in his prime, the vast numbers who attended his funeral are testament to who he was. I will leave that for now as I am going to post a thread about my loss losing my faith and how I regained it because there is so much more that happened prior to and after that tragic event. I’m getting my head round how to compose that (if that’s the right word to use?) I don’t want it to be too long but trust me I could fill a book. 

What I wil say in that thread will hopefully go some way to explain my absence from this site for so long but as Mac said to me and I totally agree (for a change) the content of that may inspire people not to give up on their faith, but also it may give comfort to those who have had similar struggles and loss too, I hope you are well Violet and for now I will say it’s good to be back.

Best regards ...Marcus AKA Lumas ( A guy called uncle Lumas is one of my guides hence the user name)

mac

Male

Post  mac on Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:16 pm

lumas wrote:
    mac wrote:
    lumas wrote:
    mac wrote:As a bye-the-bye, this website is pretty quiet nowadays with few contributors.  Some of the
    ............now realised that the way forward is not to “tread the boards” sitting  to small audiences in small churches around the country side doing the same thing week in week out supping tea and eating biscuits  (not that I’m knocking the excellent work they do) it’s just not for me sites like these are the way forward they reach a far wider audience and nearly every household has access to the internet. Soon the arguing over who is right or wrong will cease and the true intention of wonderful sites just like this will be recognised and used to their full potential and the likes of you and I Mac will be those dominoes that I mentioned in one of those  VERY OLD threads of mine (sorry had to get that one in)  :asmile: Finally( phew I hear you sigh) I will finish just as you did in your last sentence “Fings ain’t Wot
    ////////.............y things used to be.  I fear so and I also fear you're wrong about the importance of websites like this.  That's a subject for a different conversation in a different thread on another occasion, perhaps.
    I agree with you on all counts Mac our conversations we are having now were always meant to be, we were destined to be at loggerheads that have lead us to these conversations that is my belief,

Sometimes it seems these things have been orchestrated, a way to get someone closer to where they need to be.  I'm assuming it's for you rather than for me.

one thing spirituality has taught me is everything happens for a reason (even the loss of my boy in his prime)

Cause and effect applies always ("for a reason") but I don't think that's what you're meaning.  Bereavement and other types of loss may be elements of the so-called life plan we chose for ourselves before incarnation and it's something I hear others say about their own lives and losses.

every action has a reaction and it’s how we react to those actions that moulds the path back to whence we came, I know that last statement alone will sound as though I’m a person that thinks he knows it all

hardly 

What you've said is simply one of the teachings, part of the guidance, from spiritually-evolved guides and teachers.  I don't see you for one moment in the way you seem to think I would do.

and it’s obvious that’s how I came across to you previously but that’s how it is I am who I am just like you and like you I won’t change the way I do that and that’s my freedom of choice.

On the first point you're simply mistaken and how you came over to me was unimportant compared with what you were saying. 

you are also correct in thinking that my ambitions to be a medium in the old way are most definatly over

That wasn't what I said but I'll accept responsibility for not having expressed myself clearly.

and I don’t believe the old ways of spiritualism (Especially where churches are concerned) reach out enough and they only go some way to serve the regular committed sitters and very rarley attract new folk,

I'm less harsh in my assessment of the situation.  My view is that modern-day societies have changed and what was once attractive about Modern Spiritualism is nowadays far less so.  I'm not a church-goer so I don't have enough current knowledge or experience of them to form a balanced view of the bigger picture.  I'm not saying you're wrong, only saying I don't know if you're right.  :wink:

that statetment too would also upset and offend so you see Mac we are not that dissimilar at all.

It would understandably upset and offend those who may be working hard to address the points you made.  My approach is only that the Spiritualist Church may no longer be relevant to today's society but not that it's any failing on the church's part.

As for my views on the internet and sites such as this, I do believe it’s the way forward

And I fervently hope you're right but fear you're probably not.

but is SI the way forward for me? Well I’m drawn back to it so who knows!

We'll see how things pan out but there are other websites online and one of those might also be attractive.  I am a member of a number of websites, rarely leaving one just because I have registered on another; I leave them when I am sure I have nothing to offer it and it has nothing to offer me.  That has sometimes happened but not often.  Each website has its unique attraction although some have fallen by the wayside when members don't use them.  Spiritual Inspiration is just one and is suffering as several others are from a lack of new interest.

As I sad before there’s a reason for everything so let’s see and as you said coversation on another occasion perhaps.

I'm always up for new subject discussion and debate.

mac

Male

Post  mac on Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:30 pm

lumas wrote:
    Thank you Violet I won’t talk about what happened now but if you want to know about it you can google Man dies in Dublin Marathon 2013 it will tell you all about it as it made national news at the time both in Ireland and back here in the UK. He was a wonderfull handsome young man in his prime, the vast numbers who attended his funeral are testament to who he was. I will leave that for now as I am going to post a thread about my loss losing my faith and how I regained it because there is so much more that happened prior to and after that tragic event. I’m getting my head round how to compose that (if that’s the right word to use?) I don’t want it to be too long but trust me I could fill a book. 

What I wil say in that thread will hopefully go some way to explain my absence from this site for so long but as Mac said to me and I totally agree (for a change) the content of that may inspire people not to give up on their faith, but also it may give comfort to those who have had similar struggles and loss too, I hope you are well Violet and for now I will say it’s good to be back.

Best regards ...Marcus AKA Lumas ( A guy called uncle Lumas is one of my guides hence the user name)
    I've been a runner since 1994 when I started as a 47 year old total newbie to running. (almost 71 now)

I was never in the category of your dear son but whenever I hear anything about running I tune in.  I'm fairly sure I remember his death and as now an old-fart runner it's a dreadful shock when such young runners pass.  It's similar when any young athlete passes or come to that any old one during/after their chosen activity. 

It always makes me wonder how it affects family and friends and now I have some idea based on what you've said.  It's such a desperately sad loss for you all.
    lumas

Male

Post  lumas on Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:29 pm

mac wrote:
    lumas wrote:

I've been a runner since 1994 when I started as a 47 year old total newbie to running. (almost 71 now)

I was never in the category of your dear son but whenever I hear anything about running I tune in.  I'm fairly sure I remember his death and as now an old-fart runner it's a dreadful shock when such young runners pass.  It's similar when any young athlete passes or come to that any old one during/after their chosen activity. 

It always makes me wonder how it affects family and friends and now I have some idea based on what you've said.  It's such a desperately sad loss for you all.
    I was in the military for a few years and running was a daily activity for me and with my music in my ears back in the day I could run forever , I used to run with Ricki whilst he was training but he was awesome and I just couldn’t keep up with him and he joined a a local running club so he could enter half marathons and train for his ultimate goal to run and set a good time in the London marathon but to get an automatic entry for that he set out for his first big one in Dublin and the rest I’m afraid is history. The media didn’t give the full picture as they stated he had a heart attack, not the case he had complete renal failure and his heart apparently was the last thing to give up and the wonderful St. John’s ambulance team who were there immediately got his heart started and he was taken to st Vincent’s hospital and was placed on life support. 

I managed to get on the first possible flight over  but I was in such a state I didn’t even think to get euros and I didn’t even realise that until I climbed into a taxi and asked how much it was to the hospital I told him my situation and of course he already knew about Ricki it was all over the news and I said to him can you take uk Sterling, his reply still makes me well up today he said in his broad Irish Acent “ don’t you worry about that I’m getting this daddy to see his boy” well he might as well had a blue light on his car because he stopped for nobody. When we arrived he grabbed my hand and gave me his card and said “when you are ready to go home you call me there won’t be a charge I have a son too and I couldnt even begin to understand what you are going through ”  I will never forget that man or the fantastic hospital staff who enabled me to Spend a couple of valuable days with Ricki before everything was finally switched off.

One thing that gives me the greatest comfort in all that sadness is he passed doing what he loved most, but that could have of been so much different as we nearly lost him Before that tragic day in Ireland in far worse circumstances, and I’m so very glad he didnt pass that way and I’d like to think that there may have been a little input from others in that department just to make things that little bit easier for us all. And I may elaborate on that a bit more In a new thread entitled “ when it’s your time” perhaps...

mac

Male

Post  mac on Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:11 pm

Thank you for sharing that with us.  It's all outside my understanding but your account conveyed so much that I have just an inkling of how it was for you.  I shall look forward to hearing the remainder of your story, the before, the after and the now.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 20, 2018 8:47 pm