Child mediums

Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24258
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Child mediums

Post  Violet on Wed May 23, 2012 12:47 am

What are your thoughts on child mediums, i've read books where it has been claimed that some children are very gifted very early and are encouraged to use those gifts privately or otherwise, do you think it's ok to encourage a mediumistic child in this way and allow/encourage them to use their gift or should they be allowed to have a childhood first?

What age is a good age to allow them (with guidance of course) to use their abilities even in just a small way or shouldn't they be encouraged to do so at all until childhood school etc is over?

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    SpiritVoices

Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

Re: Child mediums

Post  SpiritVoices on Wed May 23, 2012 9:12 am

Now that I have no answer to,Violet.
    Will have a 'think' about that one.... :blush:
    Native spirit

Female
    Number of posts : 685
    Registration date : 2011-02-04

Post  Native spirit on Wed May 23, 2012 12:17 pm

My youngest daughter has shown mediummystic abilities from a very young age, the things she says are remarkable, but i asked her guide to give her a break to let her grow up, this he did, she still comes out with things even now, so in my opinion i would say let them grow up first.

Namaste
    shayn

Female
    Number of posts : 4035
    Job/hobbies : tarot reader
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

Post  shayn on Wed May 23, 2012 2:31 pm

hi violet,

i have no answer, i think children that shows signs of this gift should be thought how to use their abilities in a good and positive way but i feel it would be wrong to make them use it as if a professionals - not that they are not able to do so but i feel it might hurt them on the long run.

s

mac

Male
    Number of posts : 3432
    Job/hobbies : retired
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

Post  mac on Wed May 23, 2012 5:50 pm

My opinion - and I rarely give that - is that children need time to grow up. Including mediumship in their growth is a step too far.

Adults have enough problems dealing with spiritual/psychic sensitivity and encouraging a child to use any such gift is heartless. By all means explain that there's nothing weird or spooky in their sensitivity but explain also that it's better they focus on this (physical) world while they're growing up.

My god, kids have enough pressures in life without adults trying to encourage mediumistic attributes. If the gift's there to be used it'll still be there later when the child has matured and is better able to understand and deal with it.
    shayn

Female
    Number of posts : 4035
    Job/hobbies : tarot reader
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

Post  shayn on Wed May 23, 2012 9:00 pm

i agree mac.

my child speaks with spirits and fairies.. but she does it for her own fun or use...it is part of her world and i'm not to block it from her because she is a child, i'm there to make sure she is well protected, i guide her if needed but really try to keep away, and let her be. i did told her not to talk about it with other people, kind of a family secret, guess it is the only way to keep her "safe" for now. and with time she will decide what she wants to do with her gift.

s
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24258
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Post  Violet on Wed May 23, 2012 10:02 pm

It seems we all agree on this one, and Mac your opinions are always welcome, and you're quite right when you say some adults can struggle with it never mind children.

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:43 am