Nausea during meditation

Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24260
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Nausea during meditation

Post  Violet on Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:16 pm

Has anyone experienced this or can anyone offer an explanation, could this be due to heightened emotions?

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    Crystal

Female
    Number of posts : 1247
    Job/hobbies : Counsellor - Crystals,Tarot, Reiki and animal healing
    Registration date : 2009-06-20

Re: Nausea during meditation

Post  Crystal on Sun Jun 21, 2009 2:11 pm

I know that some people get this effect due to concentrating to hard. It is a bit like travel sickness, the brain is focusing on one thing and the body feels it is drifting and hence travel sickness and nausea :) A simple remedy is to touch the floor or a wall with your hands. So if youare for instance sitting on the floor rest your palms on the ground, if lying then turn your hands so that your palms are flat on the ground, if in a seat then touch or hold the chair and so on. This keeps the sensation of moving at bay and hoepfully no more dizzy or nausea.
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet on Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:50 pm

It's the one and only time i've felt nauseous durng med, and i've been doing it for years, it was really strange, hopefully it won't occur again

innerlight
    Elite

Male
    Number of posts : 3807
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Post  innerlight on Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:22 am

Could be a spaciness thing, or lack of grounding causing you to feel loopy, and nauseous. It is more common during spiritual practices when a person is to yang, and not enough yin. In other words to much in their head.
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet on Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:24 am

The spaciness thing would make sense.

I didn't understand the too much in the head bit though :blush: :huh:

innerlight
    Elite

Male
    Number of posts : 3807
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Post  innerlight on Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:28 am

A person that is not balanced within themselves will not function properly. If one is to much in their head they are at most times lost in thought, and drifting into space. Living in fantasy, and not really here. Even though they are in the physical. In their minds they are gone. Drifty, aloof.
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet on Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:31 am

That sounds a bit like me, I spend a lot of time lost in thought but I am grounded when I need to be and function well in my daily life

kazandlee

Male
    Number of posts : 150
    Job/hobbies : Paranormal, Manager
    Registration date : 2009-10-24

Me too

Post  kazandlee on Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:35 pm

I get this too, not always, but just every so often, i cant help but think its because of the Oxygenated blood through deep breathing, but im not so sure.

Lee.
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet on Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:03 pm

kazandlee wrote:I get this too, not always, but just every so often, i cant help but think its because of the Oxygenated blood through deep breathing, but im not so sure.

Lee.
    I wonder if you could have something there

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet on Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:52 pm

zach wrote:Nausea during meditation often happens when your meditating on the fire element it starts with head aches and maybe the problem with that is you are not comfortable in your place or position, or probably every impulse in your brain that sends to your muscles and tells them to move, is caused by a little fiery explosion in your synapses and when you open your eyes it can cause dizziness and my result to vomiting because of the bright, neon colors of fiery explosions.Or maybe the position of your head, if you move your head in a certain way during your meditation, and you can bring on a dizzy spell. If this is the case,maybe you have benign paroxysmal positional vertigo. Though this is only if you have vertigo rather than normal dizziness. There are certain manoeuvrings that can treat this condition - it's caused by calcium crystals becoming dislodged in your inner ear and the maneuvers used to treat it simply knock them back into place. If you had this condition though, it would usually bring on quite sudden severe vertigo and usually nausea and/or vomiting.
    Hi zach
    I don't meditate on a fire element, though I can relate to headaches in the very early days and the discomfort of position too, this was a very long time ago though when I first began.
    I don't have vertigo as such either, it was just a one off sensation rather than a problem thanks for the detailed reply though.

Lynn

Female
    Number of posts : 1467
    Job/hobbies : Retired - Interests Metaphysics
    Registration date : 2010-01-26

Post  Lynn on Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:45 am

Hello

Might well be from not being grouned. There are different methoods one can use. Here are two I really like. I not be good with meditations as I tend to go in too deep and stay too long but I work well grouned.

One is the Bubble Methood. Ye simply visualize Bubble around ye and then add them around the room one be in and further to one's home. This will keep on safe from outside people coming in and spirits coming in.

The methood I gound with is Tree Grounding

Sit in a quiet place. Take a seed and plant it in the ground. Add some water. Send out a tiny root from the seed. This root goes into the ground (Earth). Send out more roots. As the roots go out inot the ground (Earth)the secure ye to the ground ( Earth). Now send out to the Light (Sun) a tiny shoot. As the root grows downwards and holds fast, the shoot goes up into the Light ( Sun). You grow a large and strong tree slowly growing branches outward and upwards to the Light ( Sun) and ye grow roots down and secure into the ground ( Earth). You become a full and large tree with a root system firmly grounded. The strongest wind that comes to ye's tree can not move ye. Ye are grounded to the Earth.

Lynn
    The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:08 pm