Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24258
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

A question for mediums

Post  Violet on Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:12 am

First topic message reminder :

Do you hear the voices of the spirits you're communicating with, or do you hear them in your own voice?

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    Helewisa
    Just joined

Female
    Number of posts : 7
    Job/hobbies : Student nurse, herbs, woods, freedom
    Registration date : 2012-04-20

Both ;)

Post  Helewisa on Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:44 pm

When spirits come to me I most often "hear" the messages in my own voice...in my head. But, at times, I am given the sense of what they sounded like here. It is rather difficult to explain, but it's as if I can sense their voice if I concentrate on it. Sort of like any intention...where you direct your thoughts, it as if you shine the light there, you may see more clearly what it is you focus on. Great question.
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24258
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Re: A question for mediums

Post  Violet on Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:19 am

Yes I think I know what you mean there and it is hard to describe, it's like you might 'hear' someone in your mind in your own voice but just somehow 'know' they had a strong accent even though you don't 'hear' it.

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    Helewisa
    Just joined

Female
    Number of posts : 7
    Job/hobbies : Student nurse, herbs, woods, freedom
    Registration date : 2012-04-20

Post  Helewisa on Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:01 am

Violet wrote:Yes I think I know what you mean there and it is hard to describe, it's like you might 'hear' someone in your mind in your own voice but just somehow 'know' they had a strong accent even though you don't 'hear' it.

Yes! That is just what i mean. I tend to use too many words; I'm terribly fond of them!
    helewisa
    innerlight
    Elite

Male
    Number of posts : 3807
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Post  innerlight on Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:58 am

Kaere wrote:

Yes I've always thought of it as clairsentience. And it's a different feeling when it comes from spirit or when it's just picking up random info... it feels more internal than external...

Clairsentience would be a picking up on another's feelings, or emotions. You can sense it. A more common form of this would be empathy.

Claircognizance is an inner knowing. No one tells you, you just know. A gut feeling, or intuition would be seen as this clair. You don't know how you know it you just do.

Kaere

Female
    Number of posts : 2719
    Registration date : 2009-05-19

Post  Kaere on Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:35 am

Yeah inner, I can see from yours and Skye's explanations that what I am describing is claircognizance but I've also got the clairsentience going on - and sometimes it's hard to tell the difference between the two. It's a good thing I know what I mean at least
    iScorpio

Male
    Number of posts : 77
    Job/hobbies : Student; Psychic Sensitive, & Medium- Clairvoyant, Clairaudient, and Clairsentient.
    Registration date : 2012-02-27

Post  iScorpio on Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:04 pm

Sometimes I think it's just my self, sometimes I think it actually is spirit. I hear mine telepathically (in my mind) for the most part. I never hear physically. I just hear a voice. Sometimes it can sound like male or female but sometimes I just hear a thought. It's complicated..lol

skye

Female
    Number of posts : 1246
    Registration date : 2009-09-06

Post  skye on Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:40 pm

skye wrote:I hear the voice of the communicating spirit.

My apologies, I don't hear a voice at all. I know spirit have no voice so I have no idea as to why I said I heard a voice.
    I do hear the thoughts expressed by a spirit person. From this, I can at times recognise their accent and dialect - it depends on how strong the link is either on my part or spirits.
    iScorpio

Male
    Job/hobbies : Student; Psychic Sensitive, & Medium- Clairvoyant, Clairaudient, and Clairsentient.

Post  iScorpio on Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:46 pm

skye wrote:

My apologies, I don't hear a voice at all. I know spirit have no voice so I have no idea as to why I said I heard a voice.
    I do hear the thoughts expressed by a spirit person. From this, I can at times recognise their accent and dialect - it depends on how strong the link is either on my part or spirits.

You're right. But people call it hearing a spirit's voice.. Basically me and the spirit communicate by sending thoughrs I guess?

skye

Female

Post  skye on Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:11 pm

iScorpio wrote:
    skye wrote:

You're right. But people call it hearing a spirit's voice.. Basically me and the spirit communicate by sending thoughrs I guess?

Oh iScorpio, I didn't write my post with the intention of getting at anyone person. I hope you haven't taken it this way. I do understand people perceive it as hearing, I did myself initially. There are times when the 'voice' is so clear and refine that I can swear I heard it.

I was clarifying the topic matter of 'hearing' which Violet had questioned.
    iScorpio

Male

Post  iScorpio on Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:16 pm

skye wrote:
    iScorpio wrote:
    skye wrote:

Oh iScorpio, I didn't write my post with the intention of getting at anyone person. I hope you haven't taken it this way. I do understand people perceive it as hearing, I did myself initially. There are times when the 'voice' is so clear and refine that I can swear I heard it.

I was clarifying the topic matter of 'hearing' which Violet had questioned.

Oops... that's embarrassing (for me)lol..

skye

Female

Post  skye on Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:22 pm

Don't worry about it iScorpio, all is well. :love: There's no need to be embarrassed, mistakes happen regularly on the internet.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:11 am