Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24260
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Why do we need 'protection'?

Post  Violet on Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:09 pm

First topic message reminder :

Some mediums even very well known ones claim we don't need any protection at all as we're working in the light and with light, I don't agree but what are your thoughts, do we need protection, mediums or not do we need it for any kind of psychic/spiritual work?

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    SpiritVoices

Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

Re: Why do we need 'protection'?

Post  SpiritVoices on Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:15 am

Hi Skye and Feather.

I think it is probably because we become used to hearing the same voices from spirit as we may well do from meeting friends we know in our ordinary lives.

They are familiar to us. Liken it to a complete stranger who approaches us and asks 'what are you doing here?'

What would you say? Something like 'Mind your own buisness' or 'Who are you?'

Also where was the 'here' he was commenting about?

Where was I?

Skye,thanks for the advice,I will take it on board. The voice was unfamiliar to me but who knows,we meet a lot of people in our lives who do set out to be unpleasant so may at this late stage may regret their actions and once in spirit attempt to make amends. But the question which was asked didn't seem to refer to anything like that.

Anyway,bless you,Skye for helping.

skye

Female
    Number of posts : 1246
    Registration date : 2009-09-06

Post  skye on Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:24 pm

Joanie wrote:Hi Skye and Feather.

I think it is probably because we become used to hearing the same voices from spirit as we may well do from meeting friends we know in our ordinary lives.

They are familiar to us. Liken it to a complete stranger who approaches us and asks 'what are you doing here?'

What would you say? Something like 'Mind your own buisness' or 'Who are you?'

Also where was the 'here' he was commenting about?

Where was I?

Skye,thanks for the advice,I will take it on board. The voice was unfamiliar to me but who knows,we meet a lot of people in our lives who do set out to be unpleasant so may at this late stage may regret their actions and once in spirit attempt to make amends. But the question which was asked didn't seem to refer to anything like that.

Anyway,bless you,Skye for helping.

Joanie, perhaps you had an OBE - Out of Body Experience. We are said to visit the spirit world whilst we sleep. Although many of us are unaware of doing so when we wake up. Sometimes spirit show us things that we have to work through to find the answers for ourselves. Remember spirit use our minds as a frame of reference, therefore personal experiences are often used during a communication.

Feather, it's good to hear you have trust in yourself and in spirit too.
    SpiritVoices

Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

Post  SpiritVoices on Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:52 pm

That makes common sense,Skye.

That particular occurence was brief but have had very lucid dreams,meeting with hubby and certain events happening which I could not have known about.

Cheers.

Aura

Female
    Number of posts : 148
    Registration date : 2011-10-23

Post  Aura on Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:59 pm

my intention is pure and good. i work for the highest. i trust solely that my guide makes sure only those of high vibration come through, but i always say a prayer. always have and always will. becos that is my way and works for me. each to their own :-) x
    iScorpio

Male
    Number of posts : 77
    Job/hobbies : Student; Psychic Sensitive, & Medium- Clairvoyant, Clairaudient, and Clairsentient.
    Registration date : 2012-02-27

RE: Why do we need 'protection'?

Post  iScorpio on Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:53 am

I believe in evil entities and the demonic. So you never know what could disguise as something good. Also, you never know what's out there to drain your psyche.

Aura

Female

Post  Aura on Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:33 pm

my asking for protection is my way. i sit in a cabinet for physical mediumship and trance. i give over use of my body and so i have no control over what enters me. for that i have total faith in my guide who stands behind me before i start to drop off. i ask for only those of the highest energies to be allowed thro. i always say a prayer and i trust my guide and spirit team. as i am not using mental mediumship, once i let go and start to go under, i have no control. it is then down to my prayer of protection and most important my guide and spirit team. but if you asked me would i still sit and trust my team without a prayer, i would say absolutely 100% i trust them to guide the doorway, but i still like to say my prayer. then my guide allows who comes into me to talk. i am not aware at the end of what has been said or who has come through. so for me sitting for physical, protection is so much more important. in the state i go into, i am not in a position to drive anything out. if it were mental mediumship, i could shut down but once im in trance our under i have given over to my spirit team to keep me safe and guard the doorway there, and also the sitters on this side to act safely. i am still in development stage so the sitters here are fine. as for the doorway over there, i trust my guide completely. he is a force to be reckoned with...lol. but yes, we still say a prayer of intent asking for those of higher energies to come close and for protection. Blessings x
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24260
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Post  Violet on Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:48 pm

Protection and total trust in your helpers would be extremely important in such circumstances.

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.

Aura

Female

Post  Aura on Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:15 am

depends on my level of how out i am. i know certain people and know as they enter behind my neck so in the split second before i feel and know 'oh its.....'. then unknown spirits i know its unknown as they are just about to enter, i am very kinda drugged state and i know its unknown and they enter. this i allow becos i know my guide is behind me and is guarding who he allows in so i trust and they enter, even unknown spirits. becos i know they are safe for my guide to allow them thro. so in my case, gosh, if it went wrong, it could be really bad. but it will never go wrong becos my guide is very strong and evolved and i trust him completely so i allow any spirit he puts thro to e nter me. i trust i have a very strong guide and strong team and i leave my safety and life with them. they guard that doorway. Blessings xx
    reikistar

Number of posts : 70
    Job/hobbies : Reading (fiction and non fiction), blogging, nature watching, dogs, meditation, dreams, reiki and self development.
    Registration date : 2015-05-10

Post  reikistar on Fri May 15, 2015 7:30 pm

I have only ever used spiritual protection on one occasion and that night I had a terrible experience. Since then I've never used it and been fine.

I believe that using protection told my subconscious that I needed protecting against something and as a result I attracted that experience. 

I respect that many people feel the need to use protection. I have a very psychic friend who is training to be a medium and she uses it, but I know she has frightening dreams/OBE's that she feels calls for it. I can't say whether her use of protection is triggering the experiences or the other way around. Maybe in deep mediumship work it's important to use it. 

I like to ground myself when I remember to do it because I have a tendency to float around in my thoughts otherwise.

Reikistar

Next

Number of posts : 16
    Registration date : 2017-01-24

Post  Next on Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:56 pm

Depends on the person. IMO this can be predicted by MBTI personality type. Example: I'm INFJ, I am a full-time Kundalini mystic and negative energy is merely an interesting snack for me because my dominant function is introverted intuition. You could say I am immune to any negative effects. Take the type opposite to me, ESTP. Their inferior function is introverted intuition, so they will struggle with the dangers of spiritual experience.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:18 pm