Physical Materialisation.

SpiritVoices

Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

Physical Materialisation.

Post  SpiritVoices on Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:02 am

I feel that Pm is still a long way from being proven.
    I have read reports from experienced witnesses who I must admit I trust implicitly.
    But will it ever be proved to mankind that spirit can come through to us,the average public, showing themselves as they were in physical life?

Joanie

skye

Female
    Number of posts : 1246
    Registration date : 2009-09-06

Re: Physical Materialisation.

Post  skye on Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:24 pm

In the past, I believe physical mediumship was necessary. If we consider the time of the birth of Modern Spiritualism,1848 the orthodox church had more or less complete control of the people, therefore spirit had to provide evidence of their survival somehow, this would have given them the ideal opportunity and timing to do just that.

Physical mediumship is a rarity these days Joan. Although there may a number of physical circles who are achieving excellent results. I hope we do manage to see some actual demonstrations, as physical mediumship does provide evidence that no one person can doubt when they have experienced it. Unfortunately, there are a few today , who sadly have been accused of fraudulent practices and these are claimed tobe physical mediums of a high standard it's a shame for those people who are genuine. Mac would be able to discuss this in a much better way they I ever could.
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices on Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:01 pm

I do believe there are closed circles around,but just for once would really like to see an open circle,available to the public.
    My aim,Skye is to see a materialisation such as was shown through the Noah's arc society many years ago.
    I have read many accounts of this society and the success they had in full materialisation.
    But alas,they seem to be no more,such a pity.
    Joanie

zerdini

Male
    Number of posts : 611
    Registration date : 2011-01-28

Post  zerdini on Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:22 pm

skye wrote:In the past, I believe physical mediumship was necessary. If we consider the time of the birth of Modern Spiritualism,1848 the orthodox church had more or less complete control of the people, therefore spirit had to provide evidence of their survival somehow, this would have given them the ideal opportunity and timing to do just that.

Physical mediumship is a rarity these days Joan. Although there may a number of physical circles who are achieving excellent results. I hope we do manage to see some actual demonstrations, as physical mediumship does provide evidence that no one person can doubt when they have experienced it. Unfortunately, there are a few today , who sadly have been accused of fraudulent practices and these are claimed tobe physical mediums of a high standard it's a shame for those people who are genuine. Mac would be able to discuss this in a much better way they I ever could.

Hi Skye

There are no physical circles today who can produce full materialisation.

Contrary to popular belief the Noah's Ark Society held physical seances for its members but never produced full materialisation. In fact they never claimed to produce materialisation.

The last known modern materialisation mediums were Helen Duncan, Alec Harris and Gordon Higginson.

Z
    Carolyn

Female
    Number of posts : 541
    Job/hobbies : Writing, singing, and not wasting a moment of every day I wake up.
    Registration date : 2009-09-01

Post  Carolyn on Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:00 pm

If your talking about ectoplasm, my grandmother used to produce it when she would give channeled readings. In her case, it was thick, cheesy looking. Like vernix. The most I've ever produced was a sticky, clear film around my mouth and nose, and that doesn't happen consistently. I think its a natural byproduct of being an open channel. My oldest child was covered in it at birth.
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices on Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:25 pm

czardoust wrote:If your talking about ectoplasm, my grandmother used to produce it when she would give channeled readings. In her case, it was thick, cheesy looking. Like vernix. The most I've ever produced was a sticky, clear film around my mouth and nose, and that doesn't happen consistently. I think its a natural byproduct of being an open channel. My oldest child was covered in it at birth.

That's interesting,czardoust.
    Please tell us more.
    I have a great interest in this subject.
    Joanie

zerdini

Male

Post  zerdini on Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:08 am

czardoust wrote:If your talking about ectoplasm, my grandmother used to produce it when she would give channeled readings. In her case, it was thick, cheesy looking. Like vernix. The most I've ever produced was a sticky, clear film around my mouth and nose, and that doesn't happen consistently. I think its a natural byproduct of being an open channel. My oldest child was covered in it at birth.

If you want to know what materialisation mediumship is I suggest you read:

Alec Harris: The Full Story of His Remarkable Physical Mediumship [Paperback] by Louie Harris

It's available from Amazon.com or Amazon.co.uk

skye

Female

Post  skye on Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:53 pm

Hi Z,

thanks for the information. It looks like I won't be seeing a full spirit materialisation with my physical eyes before I pass over. With the range of knowledge you have as well as the experience do you know any physical circles today who do part materialisations, such has the head or even a hand? I'm not sure why this would happen any info would be interesting.

zerdini

Male

Post  zerdini on Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:03 pm

skye wrote:Hi Z,

thanks for the information. It looks like I won't be seeing a full spirit materialisation with my physical eyes before I pass over. With the range of knowledge you have as well as the experience do you know any physical circles today who do part materialisations, such has the head or even a hand? I'm not sure why this would happen any info would be interesting.

Hi Skye

I am not aware of any physical circles who can demonstrate even partial materialisation in light which, of course, is essential for this type of manifestation.

Z

skye

Female

Post  skye on Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:47 pm

Thank you Z.
    Lynn

Female
    Number of posts : 1467
    Job/hobbies : Retired - Interests Metaphysics
    Registration date : 2010-01-26

Post  Lynn on Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:53 pm

Hello

From The Harper's Encyclopedia of Mystical and Paranormal"

Ectoplasm-

A white fluidic substance said to emanate from the bodily orifices of a medium that is modeled by spirits to assume phantom physical shapes. Substances purported to be ectoplasm have photographed, but the existence has never been proven. According to some mediums, ectoplasm is exuded only under certain conditions, such as in trance states during a séances. Ectoplasm supposedly manifests as a solidified white mist and has a peculiar smell and is said to be damaged by light….why séances are conducted in dim lighting conditions.

Lynn
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices on Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:19 pm

Lynn wrote:Hello

From The Harper's Encyclopedia of Mystical and Paranormal"

Ectoplasm-

A white fluidic substance said to emanate from the bodily orifices of a medium that is modeled by spirits to assume phantom physical shapes. Substances purported to be ectoplasm have photographed, but the existence has never been proven. According to some mediums, ectoplasm is exuded only under certain conditions, such as in trance states during a séances. Ectoplasm supposedly manifests as a solidified white mist and has a peculiar smell and is said to be damaged by light….why séances are conducted in dim lighting conditions.

Lynn

Good description,Lynn.

I read that a good while ago,a good few years ago in fact,when I was a child.

I didn't understand it then,but through the years have gained so much knowledge of PM,not quite there yet but getting closer.

Aura

Female
    Number of posts : 148
    Registration date : 2011-10-23

Post  Aura on Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:03 am

i have witnessed physical materialisations myself. it is usually not accessible to the general public. this likely due to the danger to the medium, but it is true and happens today. i have witnessed it myself over the years though the medium in question has not had a public demonstration for 2 years now. but it is real and it does happen today. im not here to convince anyone. i know i have been blessed and lucky to have had access to this wonderful phenomena. i dont have belief, i have knowledge :-) x
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices on Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:33 pm

We would love to hear about some of your experiences,Ensi.

Joanie

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:27 am