Channelling

Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24258
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Channelling

Post  Violet on Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:23 am

I believe mediumship and healing are both forms of channelling but there seems to be another kind, the channelling as in writing down what spirit dictates? Is that right? If so

1) How do you know it is really channelled buy a spirit and not your own writing?
    2) I believe what I have wrote to come from my guide but is it enough to believe it, perhaps it is just documentation of our conversation and nothing fancy like 'channelling' at all?
    3) I see lots of channelled messages and I do question a lot of them so i'm very unsure about it and whether it is genuine or not.

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    innerlight
    Elite

Male
    Number of posts : 3807
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Re: Channelling

Post  innerlight on Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:37 am

Violet wrote:I believe mediumship and healing are both forms of channelling but there seems to be another kind, the channelling as in writing down what spirit dictates? Is that right? If so

1) How do you know it is really channelled buy a spirit and not your own writing?
    2) I believe what I have wrote to come from my guide but is it enough to believe it, perhaps it is just documentation of our conversation and nothing fancy like 'channelling' at all?
    3) I see lots of channelled messages and I do question a lot of them so i'm very unsure about it and whether it is genuine or not.

Are you referring to automatic writing, or spirit dictation for a lack of better word?

When a spirit, any spirit, dictates to you and you jot it down. It will then be filtered by the individuals mind. They will use words, symbols, expressions, that they can draw from from their own knowledge.

Then you could also have frauds that are really just trying to push their message or agenda and claim it's channelled from some spirit entity. I always get weary by those that channel certain spirits, or "federations of light" or some sort of Alien, etc.
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet on Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:40 am

No definately not automatic writing but I don't know what title you would give it I wrote down the conversation as it happened

innerlight
    Elite

Male
    Number of posts : 3807
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Post  innerlight on Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:50 am

According to
    By Geoffrey Hoppe
    Channeling is a natural form of communication between humans and angelic beings, nature spirits,non-physical entities or even animals and pets. A channeler is very similar to a translator or interpreter. They allow themselves to feel or sense the communication from the other being. The channeler then attaches human words to the communications for the understanding by themselves or other humans.

So I would say that it was channeling. As to how do you know if its you or them? The answer to that would be the same way you would see if any communication was your own voices or "spirit." Any communication I receive is always in my own voice. I get the words into my head one by one. Is that me or them? There is no way to truly know. You can only put your faith in it and discern for yourself if it's you or them.
    Lynn

Female
    Number of posts : 1467
    Job/hobbies : Retired - Interests Metaphysics
    Registration date : 2010-01-26

Post  Lynn on Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:32 am

Hello

I will try to address this. I have not got all me files sorted but I know I have covered this in a workshop.

Lynn
    SpiritVoices

Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

Post  SpiritVoices on Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:46 am

You have a point there,Violet.
    I often receive thoughts in my head.instant thoughts which I know are not mine. I may be thinking of something completely different to what I receive.
    But are they from spirit or am I picking up someone else's thoughts?
    Assumpta

Female
    Number of posts : 333
    Job/hobbies : Retired, love reading, writing, cross-stitch and all things spiritual
    Registration date : 2011-06-23

Post  Assumpta on Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:53 am

An interest point Violet as we can't prove one way or another that any thoughts we have come from spirit, just what we believe ourselves. I find this when I do a reading, sometimes things just pop into my head and I just know that I've got to relay them to the person I'm reading for.
    SpiritVoices

Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

Post  SpiritVoices on Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:14 pm

Assumpta wrote:An interest point Violet as we can't prove one way or another that any thoughts we have come from spirit, just what we believe ourselves. I find this when I do a reading, sometimes things just pop into my head and I just know that I've got to relay them to the person I'm reading for.

And you do a fine good reading,Assumpta.

peaceandkarma

Male
    Number of posts : 189
    Registration date : 2011-05-25

Post  peaceandkarma on Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:00 pm

I've heard that an author channels stories in Old English (Anglo Saxon) which he cannot understand. His stories are then translated into modern English and they have been published as books. But I can't remember the authors name or where read it from.
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet on Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:35 pm

peaceandkarma wrote:I've heard that an author channels stories in Old English (Anglo Saxon) which he cannot understand. His stories are then translated into modern English and they have been published as books. But I can't remember the authors name or where read it from.

That's ringing a bell with me too

peaceandkarma

Male
    Number of posts : 189
    Registration date : 2011-05-25

Post  peaceandkarma on Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:08 am

I can't remember much else about it, but the books where supposed to be popular and sold well.

angel-line

Female
    Number of posts : 12
    Registration date : 2011-07-15

Post  angel-line on Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:58 am

Violet wrote:I believe mediumship and healing are both forms of channelling but there seems to be another kind, the channelling as in writing down what spirit dictates? Is that right? If so

I believe I channel through writing at times but sometimes I have to wonder if it's just my own infinate wisdom coming through
    Seriously, I can have thoughts but they go nowhere, but if I sit at my laptop and kind of just zone out, almost a meditative state, then the thoughts and words just flow. Sometimes I can write for an hour or more and I always have a sense that I've been helped somehow. Whether it is my guide, spirit or my own higher self I don't know but its definitely different to every day ramblings.
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet on Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:09 pm

I find this when I do a reading, sometimes things just pop into my head and I just know that I've got to relay them to the person I'm reading for
    When you sit to do a reading your mind is entering that zone for reading, so your own thoughts are unlikely to distract you, imo this is what meditation is all about training and disciplining your mind to enter that zone. Once you are there in that zone uninterrupted by your own thoughts and other distractions, that I believe, is when you are open to spirit communication.
    Imo (again) there are no shortcuts, if you do not discipline your mind (ie regularly meditate) you will struggle to communicate except in the case of natural mediums for whom it is second nature to communicate.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:33 pm