Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24346
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Who or what is god, in your opinion?

Post  Violet on Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:29 pm

First topic message reminder :

Who or what is god, in your opinion?

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

ManshokL
    Just joined

Number of posts : 7
    Registration date : 2017-08-15

Re: Who or what is god, in your opinion?

Post  ManshokL on Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:32 am

God is spiritual. We can feel God but can't see.
    psychoslice

Male
    Number of posts : 1110
    Job/hobbies : oil painting, reading,music, living life
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

Post  psychoslice on Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:41 pm

No who, no what, no god.

niltwill
    Just joined

Male
    Number of posts : 6
    Registration date : 2018-01-03

Post  niltwill on Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:57 am

My faith in God began to bloom when I realized I was being observed by subtle vibrations and some spiritual entities around myself and when I saw that they had played their hand in some events I had been in. Thus I believe in their existence, it's from personal experience. I felt their presence for once or twice in my life, and it's meant a huge change to me. Their influence on events and on things like my own behavior are obvious to me.

About God...That has been asked before in this question:
    "When we say that God is eternal, infinite, unchangeable, immaterial, unique, all-powerful, sovereignly just and good, aren't we expressing a complete idea of the qualities of the Divine?"

The answer of the spirits:
    "Yes, from your point of view. But don't think that you sum up everything in these terms. You must understand that there are things that transcend the capacity of even the most intelligent person and that outstrip the power of language to express. However, your reason tells you correctly that God must possess the perfections you mention in the supreme degree. Lacking one of them or having less than the absolute degree in any of them, God would be less than perfect; and in order to be above all things, to be almighty, God must have no imperfections."

"God is infinite and eternal. If we assume a being to God's existence, we must mean that God either sprang from nothing or was created by some other being. Our realization that this is not true leads us to our ideas of Infinity and Eternity."

Thus as it has been summarized by Allan Kardec:

God is unchangeable. If this were otherwise, universal laws would have no stability.

God is immaterial and by nature differs from everything we call matter. Without this quality, God would not be unchangeable and would be subject to the transformations of matter.

God is unique. If there were more than one God, there would be neither unity of plan nor unity of power in the ordering of the universe.

God is all-powerful. The possession of anything less than sovereign power would indicate the existence of something more powerful than or just as powerful as God. Without sovereign power, God would not have created all things, and those things that have not been created by one God would be the work of another God.

God is sovereignly just and good. The wisdom of the divine laws is revealed as clearly in the smallest things as in the greatest. This wisdom makes it impossible to doubt either God's justice or goodness.

Since this is about my opinion, then that's what I believe in, for a start. It's actually not something (easily) definable to me, besides some of the explanation I've read from spirits. Personally, I don't think God has a definite form or appearance. God cannot take on one, because then God would no longer be present in everywhere and would be confined to somewhere in particular: and that ought not to be/happen. Also remember God is unchangeable and is the Unmoved Mover...Now, inside a stationary rock, the particles within would not believe you were you to state to them that they actually take part of a bigger, stationary being! Instead of God being present in us or in our world, certain qualities, attributes or faculties (though probably fractured or much reduced from their original Source, though its extent/power is likely in accordance with one's purity and union with the Divine) of God can manifest in spirits/worlds and thus sometimes in living entities, mortals or human beings - this is what we usually call talent, being blessed, being gifted and so on. Well, that's only my own little reasoning.

My opinion is based on this spirit's message:

He is not in them or in nature, as some of the scientists say who believe in God. He is not in every flower or tree or other manifestation of His Creation. And, as regards His Personality, He is not omnipresent, though He has a knowledge of all things which He has created. I say "which He has created" because there are some things which appear to man as a part of the realities of the universe which He did not create, but which man alone created. And, for these things, He has no love and does not approve of or favor their existence; in the end, they will be destroyed from the face of His Universe.

And when I say that God, in His Personality, is not everywhere and not with men at all times, forming a part of their being, I do not mean that it shall be understood that He is not the Loving, Watchful Father, trying to make them happy and save them from the results of their own many wrongdoings, for such inference would not be true.

And, as I say, while He is not with men in this Personality, yet, He is with them in the sense and Truth that His Attributes of Love and Wisdom and Knowledge and Power are with them always. Life emanates from God, but life is not God; it is only one of His Attributes that is conferred upon the objects of His Creation so that they may live and grow and fulfill the designs of their creation. And when that purpose has been accomplished, He withdraws this Attribute of Life from them, and men can realize that fact.

God, Himself, has not ceased to be a part of that object, for He never was a part of it; but only this Attribute of Life has ceased to be a part of that object.

God is the Source and Origin of all life. But that life is merely one of His creatures, as we say, as is man or other things which mortals call matter.

Man does not live and move and have his being in God, but merely in the Attributes of God. So, you see, not all these Attributes together constitute God, for He is a Personality from which all these Attributes flow.

Love is a greater Attribute than even Life. But Love is not God, just as love is not man, though it is his greatest possession when it exists in its purity. And as man has many attributes which all together do not make the man, so God has many Attributes. Yet they are only part of His Nature and not His Entity.

God is not God by reason of having Qualities, but these Qualities exist because they are the Attributes of God. He never loses them, nor do they become hidden or cease to do their functioning, but they are always existing and working and obedient to His Being.

GOD IS SOUL, AND SOUL IS GOD. AND IN THIS SOUL IS GOD'S PERSONALITY AND LIFE, WITHOUT FORM BUT REAL AND EXISTING, AND FROM WHICH FLOW ALL THESE ATTRIBUTES OF LIFE AND LOVE, ETC., OF WHICH I HAVE SPOKEN. GOD IS SPIRIT, BUT SPIRIT IS NOT GOD. SPIRIT IS ONLY ONE OF GOD'S QUALITIES.

I write this to give you some additional conception of Who and What God is, and to show you that He is not in man, nor does man have his being in God. To further show you that God does not, and could not, exist in the same place with those things which are not in accord with His Nature and Qualities, were He in man or man in Him, then no sin or error or things which violate would exist.

GOD IS NOT IN MAN OR BEAST OR PLANT OR MINERAL, BUT ONLY HIS ATTRIBUTES ARE, AS HE SEES THE NECESSITY FOR THEIR WORKINGS. AND MAN DOES NOT LIVE AND MOVE AND HAVE HIS BEING IN GOD.

This message' origin is from the medium: James E. Padgett. This all helped me clarify the meaning of God a bit, thought I'd share, as it could be helpful to someone else.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:02 am