Astral Travel against Dream Travel.

SpiritVoices

Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

Astral Travel against Dream Travel.

Post  SpiritVoices on Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:26 pm

I watched an interesting video yesterday on a talk by Rupert Sheldrake on Lucid dreams.
    It involved Astral Travel and Lucid dreams
    He believed that the descriptive word 'Astral' travelling should be named 'Dream' travelling.
    Because he strongly believed that lucid dreaming was in a way Astral travelling.
    We leave the body during sleep and what we see in those dreams are true.
    Many a visit is made to the spirit world through lucid dreaming.
    He remarked in both cases that the spirit returns to the body.
    So what happens when the physical body dies?
    Is it Lucid dreaming or is Astral travel that takes us to the spirit world when we pass over?
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24258
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Re: Astral Travel against Dream Travel.

Post  Violet on Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:11 pm

So what happens when the physical body dies?
    Is it Lucid dreaming or is Astral travel that takes us to the spirit world when we pass over?

I don't believe so Joanie, while doing astral we are still connected to our body, I think a spirit taking leave of the physical shell is a different kettle of fish

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices on Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:02 am

i can understand that,Violet.
    Rupert was giving a talk on the paranormal overall actually.
    Lucid dreams were one of the subjects he was talking about.
    He likened lucid dreams to astral travelling and mentioned that they were both linked together.
    In both instances the astral or dream body left the physical body,both still attached by the silver cord.
    In the matter of death happening to the physical body where would the dream body end up?
    This fascinated me very much as it is something I have never really thought of before.
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet on Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:28 pm

Hi Joanie, some believe we go off into the astral realms every night when we sleep, it does sound like it was an interesting programme.

SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices on Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:40 pm

It was such an interesting video.
    He is a lecturer at Cambridge University and has studied all aspects of paranormal activity.

Aura

Female
    Number of posts : 148
    Registration date : 2011-10-23

Post  Aura on Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:48 am

i have left my body while awake. so i wasnt sleeping first. i go into a paralysis stage which scares me at first. so personally i would differentiate both as i have never slept before i left my body. iv been fully awake
    Lynn

Female
    Number of posts : 1467
    Job/hobbies : Retired - Interests Metaphysics
    Registration date : 2010-01-26

Post  Lynn on Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:38 am

Hello

As I can freely Astral while sitting here typing this message I know well that I am very much awake.

Lucid Dreams happen in that place of waking sleep at the ened of a REM patten of sleep. When we are a sleep and travel at times its not the nicest of feeling as we may not be ready for that to happen and we misunderstand what is happening and we fear it. That moment of waking and grabbing for the bed edge as we feel like we are falling. We are simply coming back in from a jouorney. We are connected to our body by a cord so that we can get back. That is the life line that hold us as one to the living body. When one dies that cord breaks and we are freed from the physical and we go to Sprit. From that place we do not come back. In the NDE we do not loose contact with that life line as we are not really fully dead.

The brain can be mapped in sleep patterns but not fully understood. Not long ago I watched a show that PROVED one could think an orgasm and have it actually mapped in the brain patterns. I did not need to have me brain mapped to know that but its nice science now backs that up. More and more they seek to understand what happens in our brains when we sleep but will we truly even know.

Lynn
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices on Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:53 pm

Just out of curiosity,Lynn would you describe a 'sudden awakening' as a return from Astral travelling?

skye

Female
    Number of posts : 1246
    Registration date : 2009-09-06

Post  skye on Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:05 pm

The astral plane isn't the spirit world, it's a part of the spirit world, and usually our first port of call when our physical bodies fall lifeless to the ground. In the astral world all kinds of discarnates are to be found, usually those who have no intention of progressing towards a more refined plane, no matter what the reasons are for holding them back.

When we seek communication from higher spirits, as in mediumship, a medium has to access and blend with the energies of those in the spirit realm before any spiritual communication can take place. No one person can just go there at will imo. We only enter the spirit realm when we have physically died and the silver cord has been severed.

SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices on Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:48 pm

skye wrote:The astral plane isn't the spirit world, it's a part of the spirit world, and usually our first port of call when our physical bodies fall lifeless to the ground. In the astral world all kinds of discarnates are to be found, usually those who have no intention of progressing towards a more refined plane, no matter what the reasons are for holding them back.

When we seek communication from higher spirits, as in mediumship, a medium has to access and blend with the energies of those in the spirit realm before any spiritual communication can take place. No one person can just go there at will imo. We only enter the spirit realm when we have physically died and the silver cord has been severed.

I remember reading that in a book long ago.

The Astral plane is where we start from entering the spirit world.

We can stay there indefinately but cannot progess any further.

We are encouraged to reach higher but never forced.

Joanie
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet on Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:45 pm

Joanie wrote:Just out of curiosity,Lynn would you describe a 'sudden awakening' as a return from Astral travelling?

Like when you kind of 'jump' in your sleep and wake up, like you've just 'plopped' back into your body?

SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices on Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:46 pm

That's it,Violet,one minute we are dreaming we are somewhere else then 'Bang! We wake up with a start.

Quite alarming!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:12 am