Shuffling

Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24343
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Shuffling

Post  Violet on Sat May 21, 2011 11:39 pm

I just wondered how people shuffled their cards?

Some cards can be difficult to shuffle due to their size and in this case I think it's perfectly acceptable to swirl them round on the floor or a table to mix them up.

But what about who shuffles? Do you shuffle for your client, or allow your client to shuffle (putting their energies on the cards?)

Do you cut the cards at all or get your client to cut them?

Do you get your client to select the number required randomly from the deck, or do you select them for them?

Do you think any of this even matters and simply give them a thorough shuffle yourself before drawing them from the top of the deck to lay out?

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    Lynn

Female
    Number of posts : 1467
    Job/hobbies : Retired - Interests Metaphysics
    Registration date : 2010-01-26

Re: Shuffling

Post  Lynn on Sun May 22, 2011 1:55 am

Violet wrote:I just wondered how people shuffled their cards?

Some cards can be difficult to shuffle due to their size and in this case I think it's perfectly acceptable to swirl them round on the floor or a table to mix them up.

But what about who shuffles? Do you shuffle for your client, or allow your client to shuffle (putting their energies on the cards?)

Do you cut the cards at all or get your client to cut them?

Do you get your client to select the number required randomly from the deck, or do you select them for them?

Do you think any of this even matters and simply give them a thorough shuffle yourself before drawing them from the top of the deck to lay out?

For the large Angle Cards I use the floor to shuffle them.

I NEVER let the Client Shuffle the cards I so do not want transfer energy on mine. ( I have but one deck new to me ). I so do not like used decks. When I have a reading do me I DO NOT touch the cards. Too one's I read for understand that fully and resect that .

The only thing I like to do is cut them. Many times too as one is shuffling the cards one will fly out that is one I read. 99.999 % of the times I NEVER use the deck, its for show to one's that want that physical SHOW.

Lynn
    Topaz

Female
    Number of posts : 119
    Registration date : 2011-05-21

Post  Topaz on Sun May 22, 2011 5:26 pm

As long as the method of shuffling works for you and your readings are meaningful to the sitter, then it doesn't matter what manner you prefer.
    Like Lynn, I don't let the sitter touch my cards, as I feel that their energy could muddle me and make a strong connection more difficult.

Kaere

Female
    Number of posts : 2719
    Registration date : 2009-05-19

Post  Kaere on Sun May 22, 2011 6:07 pm

I've never read for someone in person. I think I'd feel weird having someone else handle my cards.

I do have smaller hands so I find shuffling to be difficult when the cards are larger and when they're new and still slick. I don't like the method of swirling them around on a surface for shuffling - I don't know why, I just don't like it. I simply take my time and shuffle from one hand to the other. I use that time to think about the sitter and asking for divine guidance.
    shayn

Female
    Number of posts : 4035
    Job/hobbies : tarot reader
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

Post  shayn on Sun May 22, 2011 6:25 pm

i quite agree with Topaz whatever works for you is what best for you.

i don't like people touching my cards, so i hardly even let anyone touch them especially clients.

sometimes i shuffle my cards on the floor or table, sometimes in my hands, whatever feels right at that moment.
    i do keep a deck i use for teaching and most of one on one readings, so if someone by mistake touched the cards, it is ok. also there are occasions where and when i feel that the client should "do" something with the cards, pick some cards or cut or even shuffle, so i let them do it, but only if i use this specific deck.
    all the other decks, even if i use them in a reading, no one is to touch them.

but i must admit i often wondered if there is a difference in the reading if the client "bond" with the cards in some ways or not, but i can't say, i know the answers are good even if they don't get to touch the cards. oh, and sometimes i asked them to tell me when to stop the shuffling...

S
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet on Sun May 22, 2011 10:29 pm

as I feel that their energy could muddle me and make a strong connection more difficult.

When I do one on one readings offline I always let people shuffle my cards, occasionally I get confused and find them difficult to read, the next time I do one I will not let them touch them and see if it makes any difference.

pageofwands

Female
    Number of posts : 64
    Job/hobbies : horse lover, philosopher and starving student.
    Registration date : 2013-05-26

Post  pageofwands on Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:23 pm

I am interested that many of the people posting don't let clients shuffle. I am like you violet I always let the quarrent shuffle and cut the deck. I find that if I do all the handeling I will end up with a reading that is half directed to me and half directed to them. However, when the client cuts the cards, I know which deck to read, if they pick a different one I may tell them I would like to read the one that was calling to me or I will pull their choice and change it if it doesn't look "right."
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet on Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:57 pm

I find that if I do all the handeling I will end up with a reading that is half directed to me and half directed to them.

I find to read online and I have to shuffle shutting my mind off and focussing on the person i'm reading for helps while shuffling this can be difficult if you don't know a thing about the person as you can't 'visualise' them.

Lynn

Female
    Number of posts : 1467
    Job/hobbies : Retired - Interests Metaphysics
    Registration date : 2010-01-26

Post  Lynn on Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:23 pm

Hello

Many times when doing on line readings all one has to focus on is the "user name" so I do not even try to go there as that can at times take one way off in a different direction. What I focus on when doing them on line is the persons 'avatar picture" as that is something that the person has searched for and that has some deeper meaning to them for choosing it.

I often do group readings where I have a deck of cards with me and the audience picks a card, in that many hands are on the deck as I fan them for one to pick one. So in that so there is not an energy transfer from person to person in the cards I shuffle them before the next person picks one. In that I ask that the energy be cleansed and that the card pulled is for the persons highest and greatest good. I feel that the energy in me is the controlling force. The room is set up and the intentions are set up before one starts.

There are times when I have got a "skeptic" come for a reading that does not believe in any way that the cards can work or will work, at times there is a negative block in their life path they are seeking understandings on but are afraid to ask for that directly. In that their energy is sent into the cards, in this case I do like the person to shuffle and to feel the energy in the cards directly and most times they get a "jumper" card come. In that it sets the path of understanding they are not alone on their path.

Lynn
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet on Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:31 pm

all one has to focus on is the "user name"
    Yes, this is the way we don't need to know 'who' exactly just something to focus on

SoulSurge

Female
    Number of posts : 118
    Registration date : 2013-10-12

Post  SoulSurge on Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:25 am

I don't know how helpful this is, but a few friends have read my tarot and I've read theirs.  We shuffle our own cards.  One friend said I could put my hands above her cards, but never touch them.  One friend bumped me and one of my fingers touched the cards, and friend A had to cleanse her deck so they didn't pick up anything from me.  I felt horrible.

Kaere

Female
    Number of posts : 2719
    Registration date : 2009-05-19

Post  Kaere on Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:02 am

That unfortunate to hear. To me, cards are just pretty pictures on cardstock. The power and intuition comes from the reader, the cards are just a trigger. I've never read for someone in person but if I was going to, I'd have the sitter touch the cards all they want and in fact, some readers want the sitter to cut the deck (thereby choosing the cards).

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content