A forum for seekers everywhere...


    spirit communication by incarnate individuals?

    Share

    mac
    Member

    Male
    Number of posts : 3432
    Age : 70
    Location : Heart Of England
    Job/hobbies : retired
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

    spirit communication by incarnate individuals?

    Post  mac on Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:00 pm

    How does the following grab you?

    Certain mediums claim that on
    occasion their contact is with the spirit of a living person, sometimes
    wishing to pass on a message, or wanting to give guidance for a sitter
    or another person. I confess I am puzzled by this phenomenon and would
    like to understand more.

    Does anyone have experience or knowledge
    of such occurrences? How commonplace are they? Is there anything to be
    cautious about in such communications?

    It's made me question what I thought I knew about evidential mediumship....
    avatar
    Violet
    Admin

    Female
    Number of posts : 24258
    Location : UK
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

    Re: spirit communication by incarnate individuals?

    Post  Violet on Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:04 pm

    Hi Mac, I believe I had communication with the spirit of a living person, this was not a 'chinwag' as such, I was given information via psychic art, and for certain reasons I was unable to pass this information on for sometime, until AFTER their death.



    Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    avatar
    Violet
    Admin

    Female
    Number of posts : 24258
    Location : UK
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

    Re: spirit communication by incarnate individuals?

    Post  Violet on Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:05 pm

    I think this is quite rare, btw.



    Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    avatar
    SpiritVoices
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Location : UK
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

    Re: spirit communication by incarnate individuals?

    Post  SpiritVoices on Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:51 am

    I would say it is very rare indeed.
    Let me get my head around this?
    Why would spirit want to pass on a message from a living person through a third person?
    Would there be any illness connected to the 'living person'?
    That they could not communicate the message themself?
    Joanie

    mac
    Member

    Male
    Number of posts : 3432
    Age : 70
    Location : Heart Of England
    Job/hobbies : retired
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

    Re: spirit communication by incarnate individuals?

    Post  mac on Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:38 pm

    Before we get any further along (assuming any progress is made) it seems
    to me that whatever the outcome of this discussion, the aspect of
    clearly defining mediumship is as important here-and-now as I've always
    emphasised in the past.... I deliberately placed this thread in the 'Mediumship' forum.

    I'm an unapologetic traditionalist in my use of the word 'medium'. For me it's as found in Modern Spiritualism.
    A medium is someone who acts as a go-between for communication between
    the discarnate and the incarnate worlds. One simple example is the
    passing on of messages from and to loved ones here in the physical world
    or 'over there' in the etheric. Another is the guidance from
    spiritually evolved teachers to the world.

    Using the simple definition above, the examples I am hearing about are not mediumship. They may be highly similar but fail on one
    key fact - they are not transdimensional communications.

    I don't expect that many will agree with my stance because it rules out
    so many other aspects popular nowadays but until there's agreement on a
    definition, mediumship for me is as I've outlined above.

    ps apologies for the screwed-up formatting

    mac
    Member

    Male
    Number of posts : 3432
    Age : 70
    Location : Heart Of England
    Job/hobbies : retired
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

    Re: spirit communication by incarnate individuals?

    Post  mac on Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:40 pm

    Joanie wrote:I would say it is very rare indeed.
    Let me get my head around this?
    Why would spirit want to pass on a message from a living person through a third person?
    Would there be any illness connected to the 'living person'?
    That they could not communicate the message themself?
    Joanie

    I'm getting the impression that it's not as rare as one might think, J..... Quite what significance it may have remains open to debate.

    mac
    Member

    Male
    Number of posts : 3432
    Age : 70
    Location : Heart Of England
    Job/hobbies : retired
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

    Re: spirit communication by incarnate individuals?

    Post  mac on Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:41 pm

    Violet wrote:Hi Mac, I believe I had communication with the spirit of a living person, this was not a 'chinwag' as such, I was given information via psychic art, and for certain reasons I was unable to pass this information on for sometime, until AFTER their death.

    This kind of situation is being reported elsewhere, Violet....
    avatar
    SpiritVoices
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Location : UK
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

    Re: spirit communication by incarnate individuals?

    Post  SpiritVoices on Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:38 pm

    mac wrote:Before we get any further along (assuming any progress is made) it seems
    to me that whatever the outcome of this discussion, the aspect of
    clearly defining mediumship is as important here-and-now as I've always
    emphasised in the past.... I deliberately placed this thread in the 'Mediumship' forum.

    I'm an unapologetic traditionalist in my use of the word 'medium'. For me it's as found in Modern Spiritualism.
    A medium is someone who acts as a go-between for communication between
    the discarnate and the incarnate worlds. One simple example is the
    passing on of messages from and to loved ones here in the physical world
    or 'over there' in the etheric. Another is the guidance from
    spiritually evolved teachers to the world.

    Using the simple definition above, the examples I am hearing about are not mediumship. They may be highly similar but fail on one
    key fact - they are not transdimensional communications.

    I don't expect that many will agree with my stance because it rules out
    so many other aspects popular nowadays but until there's agreement on a
    definition, mediumship for me is as I've outlined above.

    ps apologies for the screwed-up formatting

    Apoligy accepted,Mac.
    avatar
    SpiritVoices
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Location : UK
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

    Re: spirit communication by incarnate individuals?

    Post  SpiritVoices on Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:46 pm

    mac wrote:
    Joanie wrote:I would say it is very rare indeed.
    Let me get my head around this?
    Why would spirit want to pass on a message from a living person through a third person?
    Would there be any illness connected to the 'living person'?
    That they could not communicate the message themself?
    Joanie

    I'm getting the impression that it's not as rare as one might think, J..... Quite what significance it may have remains open to debate.

    The main question is this............
    Why would a living person need to pass information (message) to another living person?
    Apart from the lingo about mediumship,etc,why?
    Why could not that living person pass a message on themself to the person it was meant for?
    My opinion? I would put this subject under Thought Transference or Remote Thought Transfer.

    Joanie x
    avatar
    Violet
    Admin

    Female
    Number of posts : 24258
    Location : UK
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

    Re: spirit communication by incarnate individuals?

    Post  Violet on Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:45 pm

    All I can tell you is that I was not aware this was a living person at the time of the communication, there was no difference to me that I noticed, psychic art is something I do infrequently, but I have had some success with it, aside from this particular experience.
    I did not know until the recipient actually recieved the work that at the time of doing the art (I ALWAYS date such things,) the person, a loved one of theirs the communicator was alive, they had in fact passed to spirit just a few days before the recipient got my work, it's a funny thing this psychic art, I have never had any 'training' or anything it is just something I do as and when I feel I should.



    Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    avatar
    Violet
    Admin

    Female
    Number of posts : 24258
    Location : UK
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

    Re: spirit communication by incarnate individuals?

    Post  Violet on Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:50 pm

    Why would spirit want to pass on a message from a living person through a third person?


    I can't remember the content of the message, but I do know the recipient was very pleased to recieve it.

    I think in some circumstances it could be a good thing perhaps they knew they would pass soon and if there had been any difficulties in the family and they weren't speaking or lived a great distance apart this would be a way of trying to put things right or communicating for the last time, putting things to bed in effect, as a way of preventing the loved one being wracked with guilt after their passing?



    Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.

    mac
    Member

    Male
    Number of posts : 3432
    Age : 70
    Location : Heart Of England
    Job/hobbies : retired
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

    Re: spirit communication by incarnate individuals?

    Post  mac on Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:14 pm

    Violet

    "I think in some circumstances it could be a good thing perhaps they knew they would pass soon and if there had been any difficulties in the family and they weren't speaking or lived a great distance apart this would be a way of trying to put things right or communicating for the last time, putting things to bed in effect, as a way of preventing the loved one being wracked with guilt after their passing?"

    Yes in certain circumstances some individuals might be able to cope with the news that their time was nigh but in reality I'd guess that it would be very few.

    The situation is that few individuals have even a basic grasp about the life / death / afterlife situation and even those who have might be little better able to deal with knowing about their imminent death. For the rest I'd guess that most would be so emotionally overwhelmed that they would be unable to cope, let alone try to set any affairs in order.

    I suspect we're unlikely to face this in our current lifetimes and maybe that's no bad thing?
    avatar
    Violet
    Admin

    Female
    Number of posts : 24258
    Location : UK
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

    Re: spirit communication by incarnate individuals?

    Post  Violet on Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:18 pm

    Yes in certain circumstances some individuals might be able to cope with the news that their time was nigh but in reality I'd guess that it would be very few.


    Hi Mac, I think the older generation in particular(this individual was of this generation,)are far more accepting of death than the rest of us.



    Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.

    mac
    Member

    Male
    Number of posts : 3432
    Age : 70
    Location : Heart Of England
    Job/hobbies : retired
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

    Re: spirit communication by incarnate individuals?

    Post  mac on Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:29 pm

    "Hi Mac, I think the older generation in
    particular(this individual was of this generation,)are far more
    accepting of death than the rest of us."
    Maybe that's true, Violet. I don't have enough experience to form an opinion.
    avatar
    SpiritVoices
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Location : UK
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

    Re: spirit communication by incarnate individuals?

    Post  SpiritVoices on Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:13 am

    I think as we grow older,we are more aware of death approaching. Ten years ago,I would have worried about this
    Now ten years on,I don't worry about death but I do worry about how I am going to die.
    That is the difference. I suppose this is why,I continually seek evidence that there is another world we leave for,when my mortal body dies.
    I suppose if one is desparate enough and approaching death and wishes to pass some information onto another person,the strength is there to do that by way of a mental message.
    Joanie
    avatar
    Violet
    Admin

    Female
    Number of posts : 24258
    Location : UK
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

    Re: spirit communication by incarnate individuals?

    Post  Violet on Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:18 pm

    Ten years ago,I would have worried about this
    Now ten years on,I don't worry about death but I do worry about how I am going to die.



    Hi Joanie, this is it I think, it's not so much the dying but how we go.

    In the book i'm currently engrossed in, he describes falling into a water as a kid and drowning, he said once his lungs were full of water he was peaceful, I can't imagine that, i'd expect to struggle until my lungs eventually burst, pretty much as he imagined, so it makes you wonder if other deaths we imagine to be horrendous actually are, or if something inside the body overrides everything to make us peaceful.



    Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.

    mac
    Member

    Male
    Number of posts : 3432
    Age : 70
    Location : Heart Of England
    Job/hobbies : retired
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

    Re: spirit communication by incarnate individuals?

    Post  mac on Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:40 am

    Violet wrote:
    Ten years ago,I would have worried about this
    Now ten years on,I don't worry about death but I do worry about how I am going to die.



    Hi Joanie, this is it I think, it's not so much the dying but how we go.

    In the book i'm currently engrossed in, he describes falling into a water as a kid and drowning, he said once his lungs were full of water he was peaceful, I can't imagine that, i'd expect to struggle until my lungs eventually burst, pretty much as he imagined, so it makes you wonder if other deaths we imagine to be horrendous actually are, or if something inside the body overrides everything to make us peaceful.

    great last point, Violet.

    We're hard wired to fight-for-life but at a certain point, when death seems imminent, maybe our spirit takes over, overrides our self-preservation circuitry, and brings us unexpected peace and acceptance?
    avatar
    SpiritVoices
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Location : UK
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

    Re: spirit communication by incarnate individuals?

    Post  SpiritVoices on Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:52 pm

    I remember reading some thing about the last moments of life that no matter what we are suffering from,death is easy at the end.

    mac
    Member

    Male
    Number of posts : 3432
    Age : 70
    Location : Heart Of England
    Job/hobbies : retired
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

    Re: spirit communication by incarnate individuals?

    Post  mac on Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:12 pm

    Joanie wrote:I remember reading some thing about the last moments of life that no matter what we are suffering from,death is easy at the end.

    That seems logical. Pain and fear are part of our physical/emotional systems and at death those systems cease to register those sensations so why would we feel any discomfort at that point?
    avatar
    SpiritVoices
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Location : UK
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

    Re: spirit communication by incarnate individuals?

    Post  SpiritVoices on Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:37 pm

    We wouldn't.Mac
    I was told when Ken died, by the doctor at the hosp,that at the last few mins of his life,he suddenly lay quietly and just slept those last few mins away.

    PPrncpl7
    Member

    Male
    Number of posts : 418
    Location : North west of UK
    Job/hobbies : Retired teacher of Mathematics
    Registration date : 2010-01-27

    Re: spirit communication by incarnate individuals?

    Post  PPrncpl7 on Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:38 pm

    Hello
    At the end of our lives here on the earth plane!--IMO we are met by those who have passed before us--they lead us painlessly into the spirit world.
    Even in those situations where it is 'unexpected' by us-they know and are there to receive us!
    Very occasionally a spirit passes over without knowing!!
    There are those who do 'RESCUE' work--they are awesome and wonderful!
    Have only once been privaliged to be a part of a rescue--was awesome!
    Do not fear death--it is the one thing that each and every one of us -WILL FACE!
    Peter

    mac
    Member

    Male
    Number of posts : 3432
    Age : 70
    Location : Heart Of England
    Job/hobbies : retired
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

    Re: spirit communication by incarnate individuals?

    Post  mac on Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:44 pm

    We're way off-topic now guys - take a look at the head of this page for the unusual circumstances I'd tried to discuss.

    Our situation on death is an old and well-discussed issue.....
    avatar
    SpiritVoices
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Location : UK
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

    Re: spirit communication by incarnate individuals?

    Post  SpiritVoices on Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:47 pm

    mac wrote:
    Joanie wrote:I remember reading some thing about the last moments of life that no matter what we are suffering from,death is easy at the end.

    That seems logical. Pain and fear are part of our physical/emotional systems and at death those systems cease to register those sensations so why would we feel any discomfort at that point?

    In other words the physical body is now deceased so naturally no pain would be felt.

    mac
    Member

    Male
    Number of posts : 3432
    Age : 70
    Location : Heart Of England
    Job/hobbies : retired
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

    Re: spirit communication by incarnate individuals?

    Post  mac on Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:50 pm

    Joanie wrote:
    mac wrote:
    Joanie wrote:I remember reading some thing about the last moments of life that no matter what we are suffering from,death is easy at the end.

    That seems logical. Pain and fear are part of our physical/emotional systems and at death those systems cease to register those sensations so why would we feel any discomfort at that point?

    In other words the physical body is now deceased so naturally no pain would be felt.

    That's about it....

    PPrncpl7
    Member

    Male
    Number of posts : 418
    Location : North west of UK
    Job/hobbies : Retired teacher of Mathematics
    Registration date : 2010-01-27

    Re: spirit communication by incarnate individuals?

    Post  PPrncpl7 on Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:06 pm

    SORRY Mac
    Have no pain or fear!
    So not off topic for me!
    Sorry
    Peter

    Sponsored content

    Re: spirit communication by incarnate individuals?

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:40 am