A forum for seekers everywhere...


    Contact before a passing?

    Share
    avatar
    Violet
    Admin

    Female
    Number of posts : 24258
    Location : UK
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

    Contact before a passing?

    Post  Violet on Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:56 pm

    What are your thoughts on mediums connecting with spirits before they pass in preperation for them passing, and I don't mean in a coma situation.



    Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    avatar
    SpiritVoices
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Location : UK
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

    Re: Contact before a passing?

    Post  SpiritVoices on Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:43 pm

    Must admit,Violet have never heard of anything like that before.
    Hang on! Yes, I have. My hubby told me 20 years before he passed,that he would not be here in 25 years time,but he passed 20 years after.

    mac
    Member

    Male
    Number of posts : 3440
    Age : 70
    Location : Heart Of England
    Job/hobbies : retired
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

    Re: Contact before a passing?

    Post  mac on Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:58 am

    Violet wrote:What are your thoughts on mediums connecting with spirits before they pass in preperation for them passing, and I don't mean in a coma situation.

    How would they do that?
    avatar
    Beware_of_Italics
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 363
    Location : Warda, Texas
    Registration date : 2011-03-15

    Re: Contact before a passing?

    Post  Beware_of_Italics on Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:25 am

    Violet wrote:What are your thoughts on mediums connecting with spirits before they pass in preperation for them passing, and I don't mean in a coma situation.
    If this has ever happened... a medium contacting the spirit of a living person... perhaps this is where the oversoul comes in? (Of course, I could totally be misunderstanding the concept of the oversoul. That's just what popped into my mind when I read your question).
    Kristin

    mac
    Member

    Male
    Number of posts : 3440
    Age : 70
    Location : Heart Of England
    Job/hobbies : retired
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

    Re: Contact before a passing?

    Post  mac on Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:45 pm

    Violet wrote:What are your thoughts on mediums connecting with spirits before they pass in preperation for them passing, and I don't mean in a coma situation.



    One might ask whether one's spirit form and one's physical form can ever be functionally separated in that way? Could we interact with one and ignore the other, treating the two forms effectively as discrete entities.....?

    I suppose it's a possibility but there's difficulty in establishing
    any reliable contact even with a totally discarnate individual. Attempting that on someone in such an in-between state might be a very confusing and distressing situation to put them in.

    What are your thoughts on this, Violet?
    avatar
    Violet
    Admin

    Female
    Number of posts : 24258
    Location : UK
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

    Re: Contact before a passing?

    Post  Violet on Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:56 pm

    My mind gets garbled when I get thinking

    What I meant was rather than the medium contacting the spirit, I should have said the spirit contacting the medium, I ask because I believe this happened to me. I'll explain what happened later it's a long story.



    Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.

    mac
    Member

    Male
    Number of posts : 3440
    Age : 70
    Location : Heart Of England
    Job/hobbies : retired
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

    Re: Contact before a passing?

    Post  mac on Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:12 pm

    Violet wrote:My mind gets garbled when I get thinking

    What I meant was rather than the medium contacting the spirit, I should have said the spirit contacting the medium, I ask because I believe this happened to me. I'll explain what happened later it's a long story.

    Oh - that's quite a difference....
    avatar
    SpiritVoices
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Location : UK
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

    Re: Contact before a passing?

    Post  SpiritVoices on Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:04 pm

    Turning this subject over in my mind,I pondered whether I would like to be told that I was going to depart this world on a certain date.
    It has it's conveniences allowing the time to put one's affairs in order but imagine as that time grew nearer,how would we honestly feel?
    To know that it might be years before we 'saw' our loved ones again.
    Of course it depends how we feel about our loved ones................

    mac
    Member

    Male
    Number of posts : 3440
    Age : 70
    Location : Heart Of England
    Job/hobbies : retired
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

    Re: Contact before a passing?

    Post  mac on Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:39 pm

    Joanie wrote:Turning this subject over in my mind,I pondered whether I would like to be told that I was going to depart this world on a certain date.
    It has it's conveniences allowing the time to put one's affairs in order but imagine as that time grew nearer,how would we honestly feel?
    To know that it might be years before we 'saw' our loved ones again.
    Of course it depends how we feel about our loved ones................

    But if everyone knew for certain that they would survive and meet again the ones they want to see again...what then?

    It's not too hard not knowing when we'll kick our clogs but knowing for sure might be really hard. Alternatively if it had always been the latter way then it might feel no worse than it does now?

    It's fun to speculate how things might feel if they were different - kinda like wonderin' what you'd do if you had a large Lottery win!

    For most folks there may be a better chance of winning the National Lottery than there is of them fully understanding the issue of their survival beyond death et al.
    avatar
    SpiritVoices
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Location : UK
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

    Re: Contact before a passing?

    Post  SpiritVoices on Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:19 pm

    mac wrote:
    Joanie wrote:Turning this subject over in my mind,I pondered whether I would like to be told that I was going to depart this world on a certain date.
    It has it's conveniences allowing the time to put one's affairs in order but imagine as that time grew nearer,how would we honestly feel?
    To know that it might be years before we 'saw' our loved ones again.
    Of course it depends how we feel about our loved ones................

    But if everyone knew for certain that they would survive and meet again the ones they want to see again...what then?

    It's not too hard not knowing when we'll kick our clogs but knowing for sure might be really hard. Alternatively if it had always been the latter way then it might feel no worse than it does now?

    It's fun to speculate how things might feel if they were different - kinda like wonderin' what you'd do if you had a large Lottery win!

    For most folks there may be a better chance of winning the National Lottery than there is of them fully understanding the issue of their survival beyond death et al.
    I was called away just as I was about to answer this post. My cousin was on the phone,and we got talking about spiritualism.
    She is the hardest person on God's earth to convince that there is a life after death!
    I asked her how she would feel if she was told the date she was going to die. She nearly had a fit. I tried to explain about the spirit world but she just would not listen! I even went into depth about the different dimensions and how they are not miles away from us but like the saying goes 'I am just in the next room'.
    Then a long discussion took place about Silver Birch and his teachings...............I gave up after that.
    Wished I had never brought the subject up!
    God help her if she is ever told she has so long to live so would not recommend telling anyone about the date of death of a nervous dispostion.

    mac
    Member

    Male
    Number of posts : 3440
    Age : 70
    Location : Heart Of England
    Job/hobbies : retired
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

    Re: Contact before a passing?

    Post  mac on Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:37 pm

    Joanie wrote:
    mac wrote:
    Joanie wrote:Turning this subject over in my mind,I pondered whether I would like to be told that I was going to depart this world on a certain date.
    It has it's conveniences allowing the time to put one's affairs in order but imagine as that time grew nearer,how would we honestly feel?
    To know that it might be years before we 'saw' our loved ones again.
    Of course it depends how we feel about our loved ones................

    But if everyone knew for certain that they would survive and meet again the ones they want to see again...what then?

    It's not too hard not knowing when we'll kick our clogs but knowing for sure might be really hard. Alternatively if it had always been the latter way then it might feel no worse than it does now?

    It's fun to speculate how things might feel if they were different - kinda like wonderin' what you'd do if you had a large Lottery win!

    For most folks there may be a better chance of winning the National Lottery than there is of them fully understanding the issue of their survival beyond death et al.
    I was called away just as I was about to answer this post. My cousin was on the phone,and we got talking about spiritualism.
    She is the hardest person on God's earth to convince that there is a life after death!
    I asked her how she would feel if she was told the date she was going to die. She nearly had a fit. I tried to explain about the spirit world but she just would not listen! I even went into depth about the different dimensions and how they are not miles away from us but like the saying goes 'I am just in the next room'.
    Then a long discussion took place about Silver Birch and his teachings...............I gave up after that.
    Wished I had never brought the subject up!
    God help her if she is ever told she has so long to live so would not recommend telling anyone about the date of death of a nervous dispostion.

    I know what you mean, Joanie.

    I've found it's not worth the hassle unless someone shows a real interest and is prepared to listen and question.

    Sometimes I'll throw a 'teaser' line out to assess a situation and I've learned what kind of reaction is encouraging
    enough for further discussion. Most times I just leave it at the teaser....
    avatar
    SpiritVoices
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Location : UK
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

    Re: Contact before a passing?

    Post  SpiritVoices on Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:59 pm

    Noreen's hubby passed away a year before Ken,we were all very close.
    Doug was a very straight forward kind of man (a little like yourself )
    He never believed in a life after death and and wouldn't even discuss it.

    I went to the spirit church 2 weeks after he passed and was given this message.
    (you may have read it on another site) but will place it on here for other members.
    The message was given in short form just like Doug was in life.
    'the medium said 'He is giving the word 'Right'
    (Doug's sirname was Wright')
    'he lived beside the sea'
    (they lived in Scarborough)
    'He liked the horses'
    (he used to bet on the horses).
    That was it,I knew it was Doug by the wording!

    mac
    Member

    Male
    Number of posts : 3440
    Age : 70
    Location : Heart Of England
    Job/hobbies : retired
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

    Re: Contact before a passing?

    Post  mac on Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:38 pm

    Joanie wrote:Noreen's hubby passed away a year before Ken,we were all very close.
    Doug was a very straight forward kind of man (a little like yourself )
    He never believed in a life after death and and wouldn't even discuss it.

    I went to the spirit church 2 weeks after he passed and was given this message.
    (you may have read it on another site) but will place it on here for other members.
    The message was given in short form just like Doug was in life.
    'the medium said 'He is giving the word 'Right'
    (Doug's sirname was Wright')
    'he lived beside the sea'
    (they lived in Scarborough)
    'He liked the horses'
    (he used to bet on the horses).
    That was it,I knew it was Doug by the wording!

    I hadn't read this account before. Such cases are a puzzle.

    Why should an apparent disbeliever return so soon to declare himself alive? How was he able to achieve communication when others 'in tune' with survival disappear never to be heard from again?

    We can do little more than speculate about the reasons.
    avatar
    SpiritVoices
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Location : UK
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

    Re: Contact before a passing?

    Post  SpiritVoices on Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:01 pm

    mac wrote:
    Joanie wrote:Noreen's hubby passed away a year before Ken,we were all very close.
    Doug was a very straight forward kind of man (a little like yourself )
    He never believed in a life after death and and wouldn't even discuss it.

    I went to the spirit church 2 weeks after he passed and was given this message.
    (you may have read it on another site) but will place it on here for other members.
    The message was given in short form just like Doug was in life.
    'the medium said 'He is giving the word 'Right'
    (Doug's sirname was Wright')
    'he lived beside the sea'
    (they lived in Scarborough)
    'He liked the horses'
    (he used to bet on the horses).
    That was it,I knew it was Doug by the wording!

    I hadn't read this account before. Such cases are a puzzle.

    Why should an apparent disbeliever return so soon to declare himself alive? How was he able to achieve communication when others 'in tune' with survival disappear never to be heard from again?

    We can do little more than speculate about the reasons.

    There you are,Mac,you tell me. You tell me how an unbeliever can come through so quickly?
    I certainly never expected anything,especiallyfrom Doug.
    He was so stubborn about anything spiritual but then again,that was his way.
    No more messages have been received from him so I assume he said his piece and left.
    Then again,remember I told you about hearing Ken's voice,that was only a week after he passed.
    I do not think it makes any difference about how long since someone passed over or how spiritual they are inside,but maybe Doug had more inside than we realised.
    One of those puzzles.
    avatar
    Violet
    Admin

    Female
    Number of posts : 24258
    Location : UK
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

    Re: Contact before a passing?

    Post  Violet on Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:39 am

    If this has ever happened... a medium contacting the spirit of a living person... perhaps this is where the oversoul comes in? (Of course, I could totally be misunderstanding the concept of the oversoul. That's just what popped into my mind when I read your question).
    Kristin

    Hi Kristin

    I've heard of the 'oversoul' but have no knowledge about it, do you know any more about it, as I would love to learn more



    Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.

    mac
    Member

    Male
    Number of posts : 3440
    Age : 70
    Location : Heart Of England
    Job/hobbies : retired
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

    Re: Contact before a passing?

    Post  mac on Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:51 am

    Violet wrote:
    If this has ever happened... a medium contacting the spirit of a living person... perhaps this is where the oversoul comes in? (Of course, I could totally be misunderstanding the concept of the oversoul. That's just what popped into my mind when I read your question).
    Kristin

    Hi Kristin

    I've heard of the 'oversoul' but have no knowledge about it, do you know any more about it, as I would love to learn more

    z would be able to help with this I feel sure - he's way better at remembering detail than I and it's a good while since I was up on the subject...

    zerdini
    Member

    Male
    Number of posts : 611
    Location : UK
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2011-01-28

    Re: Contact before a passing?

    Post  zerdini on Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:52 am

    mac wrote:
    Violet wrote:
    If this has ever happened... a medium contacting the spirit of a living person... perhaps this is where the oversoul comes in? (Of course, I could totally be misunderstanding the concept of the oversoul. That's just what popped into my mind when I read your question).
    Kristin

    Hi Kristin

    I've heard of the 'oversoul' but have no knowledge about it, do you know any more about it, as I would love to learn more

    z would be able to help with this I feel sure - he's way better at remembering detail than I and it's a good while since I was up on the subject...
    The term “Over-soul” is understood as the collective indivisible Soul, of which all individual souls or identities are included.

    As Paul Brunton wrote:

    "He whose resort is solely the personal ego is constantly subject to its limitations and narrowness and, consequently, is afflicted with strains and anxieties. He who lets go and opens himself up, whose resort is to his Higher Self, finds it infinite and boundless and, consequently, is filled with inward peace."

    "It is only in the rational, balanced growth of the mind and the sympathetic heart, the disciplined body and the tranquilized nerves, the philosophic reflectiveness, mystic peace, and ultramystic insight, that one arrives at maturity and thus becomes really sane."

    "When this truth is at last seen, that heaven is not a place in space but a condition of being, and that therefore it can to a certain extent be realized even before death, a feeling of joy and a sense of adventure are felt. The joy arises because we are no longer restricted by time, and the adventuresomeness arises because a vista of the quest's possibilities opens up."

    "If he lets this purpose penetrate his entire life, he will soon joyously feel that he is part of the eternal structure of the universe, that he fits into the idea of it at some point, and that with such a high relationship all things must work together for his ultimate good."
    avatar
    SpiritVoices
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Location : UK
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

    Re: Contact before a passing?

    Post  SpiritVoices on Mon May 16, 2011 12:49 pm

    I have just found this,Z.
    So interesting to read,and gives much more about the spirit world than I ever knew anyway.
    Thank you.

    zerdini
    Member

    Male
    Number of posts : 611
    Location : UK
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2011-01-28

    Re: Contact before a passing?

    Post  zerdini on Mon May 16, 2011 10:51 pm

    Joanie wrote:I have just found this,Z.
    So interesting to read,and gives much more about the spirit world than I ever knew anyway.
    Thank you.



    Sponsored content

    Re: Contact before a passing?

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:46 pm