Bees

Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24346
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Bees

Post  Violet on Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:29 pm

It was good to see lots of bees out and about today, I also saw a magpie collecting twigs for the nest, what I wonder is how they get the twigs through the branches and foliage of what is a very dense tree, they stopped for a rest on a nearby chimney at one point I also saw a bat last night

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.

Re: Bees

Post  Guest on Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:40 pm

Yes, I've been using up my remaining holidays this week, so I've been pottering about. Today I swept up some leaves and washed my patio table and chairs in the courtyard (supervised by one of the neighbours cats , who made sure I did a proper job!), and it was lovely to feel the sun on me, hear the birds twittering and insects buzzing. It's funny how you get disconnected from nature. Having stopped for a cuppa and to fuss said cat I spent about five minutes just watching a few ants scurrying about. It felt good just to have noticed them.
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet on Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:56 pm

I enjoy nature too and you're right it is very easy to get disconnected from it, looking forward to getting out with my camera this year

Lynn

Female
    Number of posts : 1467
    Job/hobbies : Retired - Interests Metaphysics
    Registration date : 2010-01-26

Post  Lynn on Fri Mar 25, 2011 4:37 am

Hello

Well I am blessed to see the Robin's be back here, while the temps are below normal it does mean Spring is here.

Today too I saw that the Swallows are back to nest again in the eve roof peek of me home. Our next door one was so upset we were not concered on it as they are a WEE bit loud but then again so is here 150 LB dog so I call it payback.

Where we used to live we had a Squirl that moved into a bird house right near where we always were on our deck. Usually squirls are very LOUD when ever one goes near their tree. This one was very loud in all other tree's but the one he called home. The kids could even go right up to his tree and lightly tap it and he would peek out look at them and go back in.

We too had a Robin that nested in a retaining wall, usually they are very aggressive in the protection of one's nest she would let the kids right up to look in the hole and hear the babies. Would just watch is all. NEVER dive bomb us. Our next door one was STUNNED on that one.

I think animals FEEL that connection one has for them and resect in that. Our poor mail person was at times not so blessed if one tried to take a short cut accross the yard . YIKES and duck.

Lynn
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet on Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:45 pm

Lynn can I bring a tent and live in your garden
    it sounds lovely

I think animals FEEL that connection one has for them and resect in that.

I totally agree with you here, we had a dog a few years ago and on seeing someone I know but I did not like and trust the dog must have felt it too because when this person spoke to the dog she deliberately turned her back and sat down and completely blanked them, it was funny to watch an animal do this but what was the dog getting from this person, or was the dog picking up on my feelings, or both?

Lynn

Female

Post  Lynn on Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:15 pm

Violet wrote:Lynn can I bring a tent and live in your garden
    it sounds lovely

I think animals FEEL that connection one has for them and resect in that.

I totally agree with you here, we had a dog a few years ago and on seeing someone I know but I did not like and trust the dog must have felt it too because when this person spoke to the dog she deliberately turned her back and sat down and completely blanked them, it was funny to watch an animal do this but what was the dog getting from this person, or was the dog picking up on my feelings, or both?

Hello

I have a very very small yard now but its still FULL of life. What separates mine from the other's around me is that WE use no chemicals on our grass or plants. NOT even anything natural. Soon I will wake to a yard full of birds eating the insects, Leatherjackets, Mosquito's ect. Even if one has almost NO area to plant things one can make a very animal friendly place. Its great fun when the Quail start running around the Cultasac or the Marmits come to visit.

I have two Blackwidow's in me garage and as they are not near where I have to put the trash out I might too well leave them be. The kids have been told where they re and respect them enough not to go in the garage.

Soon the Bats will be out. If it was not for the waste landing on our sidewalk I would put up a few Bat Roosts on the peeks of me house. Bat POOP has a really FOUL smell to it. :evil1: OH the temptations for a GOOD splat as someone walks by .

Lynn
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet on Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:18 pm

Lynn that's but funny

Our garden is quite small, i'd love a bigger one but you're right you don't need much for wildlife

Post  Guest on Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:42 pm

Lynn wrote:...I have two Blackwidow's in me garage...

Said creepy crawlies would be first of all thumped with the newspaper of doom.

Said creepy crawlies would then be thumped again with the newspaper of doom.

Now rather flat looking crawlies would then be flattened further.

Then they would get smothered with industrial strength spider powder until they resembled small versions of the alps.

Then a few gallons of industrial strength vicious-death-spider-mangling fluid would be sprayed in the garage, on all the contents of the garage, then all the people who might have been in the garage.

The garage would then be incinerated.

Then an air strike would be called in.

Then I would build a working replica of the Death Star and vaporise the site of the Evil-Kill-Spiders from low orbit.

Erm... Yeah. Nature is great, but spiders give me the heebie-jeebies!!
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet on Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:51 pm

Said creepy crawlies would be first of all thumped with the newspaper of doom.
    no don't squish em hide 'em in Rainbow's cupcakes

Spiders are CUTE if you look at em closely

Post  Guest on Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:08 am

I wouldn't go to such extremes for spiders in this country. Plughole spiders get relocated using a glass and a bit of card. I can cope with them with only minimal histrionics. And I'm happy for the little white whirly spiders (those little ones who make their web go all whirly if you touch them) to lurk in the corners because in the summer they do a roaring trade in midge gobbling. But anything big or dangerous to humans...

Well, in all honesty, I'm not sure how I'd react to them, as the moment I saw one, you would suddenly no longer see me!
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet on Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:13 am

Well I wouldn't like them walking on me without consent

We had a massive one in our living room years ago for ages, it would get so far up the wall and then drop off, we could hear it 'thud' on the floor it was so big, one night we had relatives staying and it 'mysteriously' disappeared, they denied all knowledge

Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet on Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:46 pm

I'm being haunted by bees i've seen countless today I think i'll look up the power animal meaning and see if there's a message..

Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet on Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:47 pm

A timely kick in the pants I think....

http://www.linsdomain.com/totems/pages/bee.htm

Lynn

Female

Post  Lynn on Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:32 pm

Hello

BEES

* Concentration needed to carry out a task

* Planning and saving for the future

* Prosperity, Astral Traveling to the realms of the Goddess to better understand reincarnations

* Talking to a deceased person

* Helping Earth Bound Spirits move on to their proper place

SUPERSTITIONS

* A Bee flying into your house means a visitor is coming

* Medieval Scholars believed that the Bees were ruled by King’s

Source Animal Magick By D.J. Conway working with Animal Familiars

Lynn
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet on Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:38 pm

Thanks Lynn I can take some of that on board too.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:25 pm