PhotobucketWelcome to the new home of Spiritual Inspiration & The Healing Forum! Photobucket
PhotobucketRegister now for full access to our forum and chatroom!Photobucket
PhotobucketSpiritual Inspiration...The forum for seekers everywhere...Photobucket
PhotobucketOur chatroom is located at the foot of our homepage!Photobucket

Greetings

Beware_of_Italics

Female
    Number of posts : 363
    Registration date : 2011-03-15

Greetings

Post  Beware_of_Italics on Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:32 am

Or "Howdy!" as we say here in Texas. (We really don't all say that ). I wasn't going to do an intro thread, but then decided to anyway.

Where to start? I've lived in Texas my entire life and currently I'm a substitute teacher, for Junior High mostly. My Mom and teenage niece & nephew are the loves of my life! I have two dogs (Maddie Kate Scarlett O'Hara / Lady Isabelle Rosie Cotton) and two elderly cats (Wendy Moira Angela Darling / Tiger Lily). They're all divas, so of course they have their own website.

Hobbies: Reading, writing, anything Victorian (I was so born into the wrong era), photography, going to Disney World (been there 10 times), making far too many personal websites, working in PhotoShop (when I had it), card making, and watching old movies. I'm also a big fan of Scot's actor Gerry Butler. Next to "The Ghost and Mrs. Muir," "Phantom of the Opera" is my favorite movie.

Okay, I think I've babbled enough so I'll end by saying that I've been looking for a website like this for a loooong time now. I'm really glad to have found you.

Kristin
    Violet
    Admin
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24254
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Re: Greetings

Post  Violet on Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:38 am

Hi Kristin, nice to learn a bit more about you, I had a kitten once called Tiger-Lily

It's interesting what you say about feeling you were born in the wrong era, that would make an interesting topic as i'm sure others feel that way too.

It sounds like you're a very busy person!

I'm glad you found us too, it's nice to have you here

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    mia

Female
    Number of posts : 1741
    Job/hobbies : Carer Support Worker
    Registration date : 2009-07-27

Post  mia on Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:04 am

Welcome Kristin
    innerlight
    Elite
    Elite

Male
    Number of posts : 3807
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Post  innerlight on Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:14 am

For future reference, and I'm to be aware of italics. Where does that leave bold, underline, and strike through? How do you feel on font justification?
    Beware_of_Italics

Female
    Number of posts : 363
    Registration date : 2011-03-15

Post  Beware_of_Italics on Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:52 am

Thanks for all the welcomes!

innerlight wrote:

For future reference, and I'm to be aware of italics. Where does that leave bold, underline, and strike through? How do you feel on font justification?

Well, my worst habit is those dratted ............

I overuse them all the time.

Oops, so maybe I overuse italics sometimes as well.

Honestly, my username is part of a quote from my favorite classic YA author. It's from "Emily's Quest" by Lucy Maud Montgomery. (She's the author of 'Anne of Green Gables'). There's a character in that series, a crotchety teacher named Mr. Carpenter, whom is always harassing the heroine over her overuse of italics in her writing.

Kristin.... who thinks is another adorable smiley on here!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:01 pm