A forum for seekers everywhere...

7:11, and 11:11 on my clock

gloria

Female
    Number of posts : 78
    Job/hobbies : I love reading, searching in the Internet, looking at the sunset. And going out to get Frapuccino at starbucks, and going to read a book at Borders.
    Registration date : 2011-02-09

7:11, and 11:11 on my clock

Post  gloria on Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:17 am

First topic message reminder :

Don't know, but they say that sometimes seeing the same numbers more than twice mean something. Can it mean something these numbers 7:11, which is my birthday, and 11:11 which, I don't know what it exactly means. But I'm really curious. Can anybody tell me what they mean? If they do really mean something?
    AngelTony

Male
    Number of posts : 1227
    Registration date : 2010-04-08

Re: 7:11, and 11:11 on my clock

Post  AngelTony on Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:16 pm

Viking wrote:I have only one remark to make in answer to your last post, Tony. If God made us, then he had the power to choose whether we had free will or not. Right? You say "he" gave that to us, thus leaving us wide open to all the horrors we face, be it murder or whatever. Being all powerful, and all knowing, "he" would have been aware of the consequences of what "he" did. Are these the actions of a loving God?
    BTW--What kind of a father would send his son to be nailed to a cross?
    Viking to answer this. One that loved us soooo much, that he knew this would be the only way we could follow that simple plan. Dont forget Jesus also knew that was the only way it could work and also made it happen.

Please read my signature below this.
    Viking

Female
    Number of posts : 234
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-01-26

Post  Viking on Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:23 am

How, exactly, does Jesus dying on the cross save us? What is the mechanism by which this is possible? Even we humans do not think it right for an innocent person to be punished instead of the guilty one.
    Viking

Female

Post  Viking on Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:04 am

Sparkly, so do you also believe that Dorothy actually went to The Land of Oz and met a talking lion, a tin man with no heart and a living scarecrow???? She was in a coma!!!!
    God made a mistake then? Not so powerful as we thought. Where was he meant to go? Do you know that too?
    Yes men crucified him, although many think he did not die on the cross but was taken down before death and lived the rest of his life in India, having spent time with the sect called The Essenes. We just do not know the truth of it all.Christians believe that he died on the cross so that we could have life eternal but then he went and spoiled it by insisting on the condition that we BELIEVE the story.If we don't, then we are shut out of Heaven. Furthermore, if we repent, we can still be saved!!!!What a load of tosh!!
    sparkly

Female
    Number of posts : 989

Post  sparkly on Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:12 am

funny i've got this red sparkly nail polish on, forget what it's called but some say it should be called dorothy's slippers! watch it tho, you are beginning to insult my intelligence, and in my current fragile state i will wipe you.
    yes i've heard the india thing, and the mormons think the u.s.a. thing.
    i think that people thinking that anyone would send anyone to die for them is really egotism at its worst. and it hasn't worked! this world is in an incredibly bad state and those labelling themselves "christians" often do alot of damage. christians for some reason feel god has given them dominion over beasts and over the environment. what they really were given was responsibility.
    if you think jesus is the only answer, you are damning all those who lived before him.
    i don't want to talk about this anymore.
    Viking

Female

Post  Viking on Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:13 pm

I respect your decision, sparkly. No more on this from me to you but others are free to carry on and I will do too with them.
    If you do come back on it, I will respond to you. Cheers.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:28 pm