An unidentified symbol

Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24258
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

An unidentified symbol

Post  Violet on Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:34 pm

I was wondering if anyone recognises this symbol, it looks like one large upright wand or staff or line in the foreground and six others (also upright)three eithrer side of the first one, then over this there is an inverted triangle. I'm only suggesting wands or staffs as I can't think of any other way to describe the lines, the middle one appears to be larger and goes right down the centre of the inverted triangle, there is a tiny inverted triangle at the top and bottom of the centre 'staff,' at the top and bottom of the other six staffs is a tiny circle (like you'd see on the lines of sigils )

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Re: An unidentified symbol

Post  Violet on Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:03 pm

Here is a rough example of the symbol the black triangle at the top of the middle staff is smaller and neater than that one

Deepwaters

Female
    Number of posts : 277
    Registration date : 2010-01-28

Post  Deepwaters on Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:59 am

Have you looked at Freemasonry?

Whatever it is, I like it!
    Lots of 3s in there.
    Looks like a group of people joined together.
    Where did you see it, Violet?
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet on Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:38 am

Hi Deepwaters sorry I forgot to reply earlier, on a pendant, there is lots of writing too but I can't make it out even with a magnifying glass

NightSpirit

Female
    Number of posts : 228
    Registration date : 2010-05-08

Post  NightSpirit on Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:21 am

I'm of no help deciphering the symbol, but I did a google search and found this link which explains the meaning of horizontal lines and triangles. I would say you've stumbled upon something very interesting in its representation! Horizontal lines representing the physical world and the triangle is that of the spiritual life. Perhaps this link might help in finding other links?
    http://www.suite101.com/content/ancient-symbols--deciphering-the-universal-language-a254695
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet on Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:26 pm

Hi Nightspirit, i'm hoping to get a more powerful magnifying glass as it's an intriguing mystery now, thanks for the link as I kept drawing blanks with my searches, I'll have a look later and keep you posted here

Kaere

Female
    Number of posts : 2719
    Registration date : 2009-05-19

Post  Kaere on Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:47 pm

I'm sure it's not right, but it makes me think of a prism - when light goes through a prism and breaks into the colours of a rainbow.
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet on Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:59 pm

HI Kaere i'm open to all ideas, yours is interesting and I hadn't thought of it in that way, my first thought was some kind of sigil

Tyr

Number of posts : 18
    Registration date : 2015-02-09

Post  Tyr on Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:00 pm

Violet wrote:HI Kaere i'm open to all ideas, yours is interesting and I hadn't thought of it in that way, my first thought was some kind of si
    I think you might be overthiking it as a "single" symbol.  It seems "enoch magical" in origin, (as in occult Angel magic).  Finding reliable tables on those though..... you have any experience in it?
    Now one way I look at this is 333, 3 staves left, 3angels in middle, 3staves right, could that be it?  Some kind of a "binding" symbol would be my guess, like.... if we take the inverted triangle to be "water", look at the "3 subtle" aspects of it (right side), and 3 "violent/forceful" aspects of it.  I'm of course just guessing here without context to put it in.   Those symbols with the "circles" though were often used for alphabets taken from "constellations" (around the star)

Left                                Right
    Yielding                SubConcious    Wet
    no barriers hold          intellige      Female
    Cold                           nce          Clarity
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet on Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:30 pm

Hi Tyr, sorry ive only just found your response and thank you for it, no I have no knowledge or experience of it although I have had a very brief thing with sigils which is what it reminds me of, I will do more research in light of your response, thank you.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:12 am