Movie Flatliner

Lynn

Female
    Number of posts : 1467
    Job/hobbies : Retired - Interests Metaphysics
    Registration date : 2010-01-26

Movie Flatliner

Post  Lynn on Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:03 pm

The other day I came to once again watch the movie “Flatliners” . If you have not seen this movie I do highly recommend it but with a WARNING its not for everyone, and there is a drug used to educe the NDE and I so do not condone the use of drugs in any way.

That said the movie is based on medical students trying to via scientific means to find out if there is more after we die. If there is something that comes beyond that point of death.

They educe the Near Death Event, BUT the results are NOT as positive as they feel they first might be. Like with all things actions do have at times negative outcomes.

In the movie a drug is used ( I so do not condone this to be tired ) to stop the heart. To put one in that state being dead. From there it is discover ( in theory) that there is something there and its comforting.

There is however some lacking in the films description for cardiopulmonary resuscitation, as the deliberator is of no use if someone has truly flatlined. If one had totally flatlined then one is in death. The defibulator works for ventricular fibulation or pulesless ventricular tachycardia.

Cardiopulmonary resuscitation
    (CPR) is an emergency procedure which is attempted in an effort to return life to a person in cardiac arrest.

Ventricular fibrillation
    (V-fib or VF) is a condition in which there is uncoordinated contraction of the of the cardiac muscle of the ventricles in the heart , making them quiver rather than contract properly. While there is activity, it is undetectable by palpation (feeling) at major pulse points of the carotid and femoral arteries especially by the lay person.

Ventricular tachycardia
    (V-tach or VT) is a tachycardia or fast heart rhythm, that originates in one of the verticals of the heart. This is a potentially life-threatening arrhythmia because it may lead to fibrilation, asystole, and sudden death.

So in practical theory if one has truly “ Flatlined” there is no way the paddles would bring one back. One is in that true state of being dead.

flat liner
    A popular term for a brain dead , so form there I pose the following question if one has truly flat lined and become brain dead WHAT would be there to function for one’s to have those memories come back with them of something more in the NDE event ?

One does not in a true sense come back from the dead, one goes to the place of being “near dead”. So do we truly see the other side ?

Lynn
    SpiritVoices

Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

Re: Movie Flatliner

Post  SpiritVoices on Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:30 pm

I saw that movie years ago,Lynn and i was fascinated by it.
    Keifer Suntherland was in it,wasn't he?
    I am of the opinion that we are not allowed the see the 'Other side' until we truly pass over.
    My husband had a nde during a operation,he passed so far up the tunnel but was sent back before he reached the end.
    Will place a description in here soon.

Joanie
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24346
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Post  Violet on Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:21 pm

I loved this film too.

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.

mac

Male
    Number of posts : 3682
    Job/hobbies : retired
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

Post  mac on Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:52 pm

Sounds interesting and I hope I'll get chance to see it myself. I've often said that NDEs are not the evidence of survival beyond death that many seek.

As Lynn indicates folks seem to think that experiencing an NDE is close to being dead, but there is no certainty that what they experienced in that situation is what happens after actual physical death, where body and soul are irreparably separated.

In terms of drugs, I found interesting a recent account of the use of psilocybin under medical experiments. This is an hallucinogen whose careful use during the experiment resulted in life-altering outcomes for some. Below are extracts of an account by one individual that you may find illuminating.

"With my eyes closed I was overwhelmed with glorious golden light, suffused with every color, prisms and rainbows everywhere like a shining hologram. The light itself was alive, a radiant consciousness of ultimate intelligence, perfect integrity, singularity and purity. The light pervaded everything. It composed everything. Its presence was benevolent, calm, and intense. It was as if the light were revealing to me the innermost workings of the universe. Without words, It informed me that it, as the light, was the source of every physical manifestation and that each had its purpose:

Everything is in my perfect control. With this as cause, there can be no mistakes." I knew It to be the substance of every particle in the microcosm and the overarching essence of the macrocosm. In that moment I intuitively understood how everything is being created anew each instant from Its emanation. Why, then, could we not see the light completely composing and permeating all of creation? How could the shining substance of all things be hidden?

later I remembered what the sages have always told us. The only possible answer is that our sense perceptions are an illusion. Faced with the reality and the glory of the light, there is nothing to do but gape with the greatest reverence. There are no questions in its Presence, no desires, no resistance. I felt suspended in a clear and peaceful state and enjoyed a weightless sense of free-fall, without time and space, though I remembered that they existed elsewhere.

the light addressed me simply, without words: "Is there anything you want?" The question was direct and forthright, yet it seemed incongruous because my whole identity was already absorbed in that light. To search for an answer, I had to make a deliberate effort to turn my attention to the world from which I'd come, a world now irrelevant and far away. With a moment's focus I remembered that life on earth required healing and guidance and abundance, and that I had a long list of wishes there. But I felt so distant from that personality, and I didn't want to look away from the light for even an instant.

The question was addressed to the one who stood before It in this exceptional experience, and there could be only one response. I breathed the quietest possible, "No, there is nothing I want." I didn't know what to do in the presence of this light. It was asking nothing of me. I was just basking in it and, again, trying to remain open to whatever happened.

The power of the light could have annihilated me in an instant, but instead It shone only as brightly as my consciousness could bear. The Godhead seemed to be lovingly limiting Its manifestation to what my own self-imposed definitions could perceive. This gave an "interspecies" quality to the experience, like the analogy of the fisherman and the mermaid – an understanding that as long as I maintained a human identity, we could not be joined in ultimate communion. The limitations were plainly mine, but the shared feelings of affection, longing and respect remained. The unspoken promise was that one day I would return with sufficient mastery to lay down my illusions, and the separation would be resolved.

The light spoke to me in the language of every human relationship – as if I were a child, a friend, and a lover. It told me It was pleased at my efforts to come and find It, and that It recognized my sincerity. At times the light was playful, and we carried on nearly in giggles as if we had a secret. I teased Mary saying, "I feel like I'm on a private phone conversation with It, and you can't hear!" The light and I continued that give-and-take rhythm, like a graceful and spontaneous duet, an intimate exchange. We visited my cells so the light could refresh and heal them. With its own sense of identity, the body rejoiced that for these moments the light that constantly creates and sustains it was visible to the personal consciousness it supports, which I call "me".

I was not a participant in this process, although I had to give my consent, because the light and the cells shared a language my conscious self did not understand.....
    L'angel

Female
    Number of posts : 276
    Registration date : 2010-02-06

Post  L'angel on Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:11 pm

Great movie!
    AngelTony

Male
    Number of posts : 1227
    Registration date : 2010-04-08

Post  AngelTony on Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:14 pm

Good show, Bacon and Sutherland where great.
    Lynn

Female
    Number of posts : 1467
    Job/hobbies : Retired - Interests Metaphysics

Post  Lynn on Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:54 pm

Hello

Thank ye Mac for that was a most interesting read.

On the note of the Soul not being separated YES I agree having had an NDE event I do feel that yes a part of me did die, but it was not a full and pure death.

I more would say that as I did see me body laying there and too I say a cord still going to me I had a choice to make. To die there or to CHANGE the path of life I was on. So in a sense part of me did die. I never went back into what I was doing, I cut off ties to those contacts almost right away. WHY I feel that part of me died. In the true sesnes of the word. I was not give a new Soul ( I know some that feel this happened to them ) but I feel I was in some way altered . That something new came in with me.

Its hard to explain. Its more a feeling without words. That is why seeing that movie again and this time REALLY looking hard at it I migh have been so rattled by it. Knowing that there are things we see that maybe we are not meant to know or understand as the questions it opens up are too many and to complex.

I would not want to try anything more than the event I had. It took me year's to get over "Grey Stairs" and being able to go down them without freezing in fear.

Lynn
    sparkly

Female
    Number of posts : 989

Post  sparkly on Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:52 am

hi all,
    joanie i think you are right. i think to have confirmation of what and how, would change how we live. if everyone knew there were consequences for all our actions, they would not live as they do. i believe in this place and at this time (other planets having to various degrees more or less freedom/ knowledge) that this is the plan for this place.
    mac, i agree. an nde may be one tiny part of the whole experience of dying, or no part of it. we may only have this experience as a warning or as encouragement to commit to this life right here, right now.
    astronauts receive as part of their training, experience on a (centrifugal?) spinning device that causes them to black out and have nde like experience. from memory, it is caused by lack of oxygen to the brain, they see the white light and the whole shebang! that account given in your post is something i sense, how we would feel if we had not that separation from source/ godhead/ allah in our mind, all the time. when i have come up against it, ive enjoyed. i would love to try magic mushrooms, with guidance, so as not to be poisoned of course.
    Knowing that there are things we see that maybe we are not meant to know or understand as the questions it opens up are too many and to complex.- lynn

yes, this is what i conclude. maybe not in the sense of meant to, but able to, capable.
    SpiritVoices

Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

Post  SpiritVoices on Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:21 am

Basically what happened to Ken was,he was having an internal checkup for which he knocked out.
    His heart failed and they had bring him out of the op.
    He remembers waking up in the recovery room with a nurse patting his hand and telling him to lie still.
    What he remembers is finding himself in a sort of tunnel.
    But the tunnel was made of every colour of the rainbow,slowly revolving around him. He travelled slowly up feeling such peace he had never felt before in his life.
    He saw no one else in this tunnel,no relatives etc.
    He did see what he described as a point of light coming closer then Whoosh,he was back in bed.
    He remembers trying to tell the nurse what had happened but she kept teling him to lie quietly.
    he was very quiet on the way home and didn't tell me what had happened until later in the day.
    He had no fear of death from that point.
    Joanie xx
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24346
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Post  Violet on Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:31 pm

A really interesting thread and thanks for sharing your experiences, i'm sure i've read of NDE's where people have been greeted by the spirits of their deceased relatives before being told to 'choose' or 'go back because it isn't their time.'

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    sparkly

Female
    Number of posts : 989

Post  sparkly on Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:17 am

there are great sites where you can read the nde's of others. they can really lift a person when one is down.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:35 am