Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24260
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Attunements?

Post  Violet on Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:25 pm

Have any of you been attuned for Reiki?

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    innerlight
    Elite

Male
    Number of posts : 3807
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Re: Attunements?

Post  innerlight on Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:00 pm

Yes, yes I have been.. I sometimes wonder if one needs to be attuned at all, or if intent is all that you need.

After all the first person to teach it was never attuned. They learned it from meditation.
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet on Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:19 pm

An interesting thought innerlight, intent is very important but is it enough?

innerlight
    Elite

Male

Post  innerlight on Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:33 pm

Hard to say... And if you think about it you don't really have proof you are being attuned. You don't know what is going on in their head when they attune you. They could be singing the theme song to an 80's tv show for all you know.. So one would need their intent to be there as well.
    shayn

Female
    Number of posts : 4035
    Job/hobbies : tarot reader
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

Post  shayn on Sun Mar 29, 2009 6:49 pm

i was attuned Reiki 1 and 2 and i think 3 as well, but i must say i never really used it. i perfare simple healing, if simple is the word, i'm not sure. i also quesion the need of the attunement, i must admit that for me Reiki doesn't feel so pure, if you know what i mean. but this might be only me. i only feel that the enrgy is out here and free and all one needs is to be open to receive and deliver.. all knowlage is free. but again it might be only my preception about things.
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet on Sun May 17, 2009 11:01 pm

I was discussing this the other night with a friend, I think healing is healing at the end of the day and as long as your intent is good it doesn't matter how many labels are attached to it.

innerlight
    Elite

Male

Post  innerlight on Sun May 17, 2009 11:09 pm

Violet wrote:I was discussing this the other night with a friend, I think healing is healing at the end of the day and as long as your intent is good it doesn't matter how many labels are attached to it.

Intent is crucial, and can make or break any healings... IMO, the healer isn't really healing anything.. It's a matter of the healee that wants to be healed. The healer really just helps with the process. By helping to uncover lost memories, or feelings, only the person that wants to be healed can be healed.
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet on Sun May 17, 2009 11:15 pm

I agree, the healer is merely a channel to direct the energy, I think you're right too that it will only work if the person wants to be healed.

spirit

Female
    Number of posts : 238
    Job/hobbies : reiki master and teacher
    Registration date : 2009-06-16

Post  spirit on Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:58 am

I am a Reiki Master and Teacher (levels 1,2,3a&3b) of nearly 10 Years, and find that Reiki is a way of life, intent is very much important without it there is no reiki... we are a channel for the universal energy that is harnessed within reiki.
    The use of symbols is also important within reiki, with symbols being revealed to the student at the different levels.
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet on Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:20 am

I still clearly remember recieving my symbol :asmile:

Crystal

Female
    Number of posts : 1247
    Job/hobbies : Counsellor - Crystals,Tarot, Reiki and animal healing
    Registration date : 2009-06-20

Post  Crystal on Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:40 pm

innerlight wrote:Yes, yes I have been.. I sometimes wonder if one needs to be attuned at all, or if intent is all that you need.

After all the first person to teach it was never attuned. They learned it from meditation.

I think that depends on what you call 'attunement'? I like to think of attunement as 'tuning', flood the student with the energy so that they can be familiar with that energy and then recreate it or tune into it, call it up and then channel etc. I feel that Usui was flooded with energy when he was on the mountain meditating and so the idea and energy pattern were planted.
    innerlight
    Elite

Male

Post  innerlight on Sat Jun 20, 2009 7:20 pm

I agree... But if Usui could meditate and get those answers from the source then could it not be possible that someone else could do the same? For you see Usui had it better in the fact that it came from source. And that it wasn't tainted by human hands, and the human mind that wants to add and change things to their own style.
    Crystal

Female

Post  Crystal on Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:35 pm

innerlight wrote:I agree... But if Usui could meditate and get those answers from the source then could it not be possible that someone else could do the same?

Of course, and many do :)

For you see Usui had it better in the fact that it came from source. And that it wasn't tainted by human hands, and the human mind that wants to add and change things to their own style.
    Why is that better?

Reiki has evolved in many ways. It is now accessible to anyone, for free, widely distributed, online and off. No more secret symbols either.
    innerlight
    Elite

Male

Post  innerlight on Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:57 pm

Crystal wrote:
    Why is that better?

Reiki has evolved in many ways. It is now accessible to anyone, for free, widely distributed, online and off. No more secret symbols either.

Some cases it's nice.. Some of them that charge an arm and a leg for something that was freely given is a shame. Unfortunately, it's not accessible to everyone for free.. Some do charge nothing.. Most charge huge amounts. It is my understanding that the charging was not done by Usui, but his follower that made it mainstream.

What I mean is the traditional way is more purer. Most forms that you see now are diluted. Some are in a good way. Since it allows many more to experience it.. Kind of like the different religions, generally with the same ideas.. Just open to more.
    Crystal

Female

Post  Crystal on Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:52 am

innerlight wrote:
    Some cases it's nice.. Some of them that charge an arm and a leg for something that was freely given is a shame.

This starts off the old debate about should anyone charge for spiritual gifts, readings, healings etc I like to look at this on an individual case basis. Sometimes it costs to hire the hall, to heat it, clean it, offer refreshments, then there's the insurance, the photocopying of manuals, certificates, paperwork and admin too. Thosscenarios, why shouldn't the costs be passed on? Why should a healer or a reader not charge for their time too?

Unfortunately, it's not accessible to everyone for free.. Some do charge nothing.. Most charge huge amounts. It is my understanding that the charging was not done by Usui, but his follower that made it mainstream.

I thought that Usui demanded ten years work from each student? Isn't that a charge of sorts? Proved dedication though :)

I think that there are ways to find a free service, especially online. Are we talking training here or use though?

What I mean is the traditional way is more purer. Most forms that you see now are diluted. Some are in a good way. Since it allows many more to experience it.. Kind of like the different religions, generally with the same ideas.. Just open to more.

Surely chanelling energy from the source is always pure and can get no purer or be diluted?

By the way thanks for the interesting discussion, :)

zohar

Female
    Number of posts : 41
    Job/hobbies : meditation /yoga alternative therapies....
    Registration date : 2011-12-26

Post  zohar on Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:42 pm

shayn wrote:i was attuned Reiki 1 and 2 and i think 3 as well, but i must say i never really used it. i perfare simple healing, if simple is the word, i'm not sure. i also quesion the need of the attunement, i must admit that for me Reiki doesn't feel so pure, if you know what i mean. but this might be only me. i only feel that the enrgy is out here and free and all one needs is to be open to receive and deliver.. all knowlage is free. but again it might be only my preception about things.

I agree myself too, i have always automatically been drawn to healing natuarally, and healing mainly on the auric field, i feel and see the auras of ppl and animals etc.... and feel healing is more harnessed through the auric field, as thats where any illness disabilitation hits before striking the physical body...... natural /spiritual healing comes first to me and my main way as a healer..... the reiki i have done , ive done for my own reasons, mainly to boost my own enery field, as i have been quite sick for the last couple of years..ironically..... and my immune system as taken a battering.. although i remain strong in mind body and spirit /soul and beleive what crosses us is meant..... but innitially, i feel reiki / others types healing.... although good for some, i feel its labelising a natural gift..... but thats my own opinion........ but please dont get me wrong im not stating this in no means bad, and i do recieve Karuna healing, at
    least once a week, and i do healing on myself regulary.
    love and light.

xxxkerixxx.
    Lynn

Female
    Number of posts : 1467
    Job/hobbies : Retired - Interests Metaphysics
    Registration date : 2010-01-26

Post  Lynn on Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:11 pm

Hello

Yes attuned in Level 1 2 and 3 and Master Teacher Level. ( 3 A )

I feel its so important that one does have the proper instructions and that one KNOWS intent is to be pure.

Lynn
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet on Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:04 am

Yes i've got to agree with you there Lynn.

zohar

Female
    Number of posts : 41
    Job/hobbies : meditation /yoga alternative therapies....
    Registration date : 2011-12-26

Post  zohar on Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:30 pm

Yep too true, and the thing is anyhow your not alowed to practice any form of healing without a certificate in place , just the way the world is going.

love light and protection.

xxxkerixxx.
    mia

Female
    Number of posts : 1741
    Job/hobbies : Carer Support Worker
    Registration date : 2009-07-27

Post  mia on Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:52 pm

Doesnt reiki mean universal energy or something similar?

I believe we can all heal, always have been able to.
    However, life experiences can and do block our chakras, mess with the clear meridian channels we once had
    and lower our self esteem.

During a reiki attunement, our chakras are cleansed and realigned and our meridians are cleared, creating a clear channel for healing energy to flow through.
    Also, the attunee can now accept he/she can heal.

Most of us go through an emotional cleanse too. Which is always good.

So, really a reiki attunement is only an emotional and chakra and meridian cleanse.
    And a confidence boost for the attunee.

I am forever grateful for my reiki attunements, through them, I met my guides, angels etc.
    And gained so much confidence.

I love attunements :)
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet on Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:20 am

zohar wrote:Yep too true, and the thing is anyhow your not alowed to practice any form of healing without a certificate in place , just the way the world is going.

love light and protection.

xxxkerixxx.

I understand the need for this protection both for the healer and the person recieving healing, especially in this age of suing anything which moves, but it is kind of sad that one person can't help a fellow human being in distress out of the kindness of their hearts and a desire to heal.

Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet on Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:23 am

mia wrote:Doesnt reiki mean universal energy or something similar?

Yes I think it does Mia

I believe we can all heal, always have been able to.

Me too

However, life experiences can and do block our chakras, mess with the clear meridian channels we once had
    and lower our self esteem.

During a reiki attunement, our chakras are cleansed and realigned and our meridians are cleared, creating a clear channel for healing energy to flow through.
    Also, the attunee can now accept he/she can heal.

Most of us go through an emotional cleanse too. Which is always good.

So, really a reiki attunement is only an emotional and chakra and meridian cleanse.
    And a confidence boost for the attunee.

I am forever grateful for my reiki attunements, through them, I met my guides, angels etc.
    And gained so much confidence.

I love attunements :)

It's really good to hear you've got so much from your attunements Mia

I was only ever attuned to level one and never persued it further.

silverSpice

Female
    Number of posts : 16
    Registration date : 2015-04-21

Post  silverSpice on Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:18 pm

innerlight wrote:Yes, yes I have been.. I sometimes wonder if one needs to be attuned at all, or if intent is all that you need.

I know this is an old and long thread ...but this post struck me ...I have been very interested in reiki since I learned of it but it took me some time to find a local practitioner & schedule an appointment ...finally got there on Monday this week.

So, knowing I wanted to learn this - I have been reading and learned about the detox stage after attunement ... and I knew before I ever got that treatment that I wanted this. The practitioner upon meeting me said right off what great energy I had ...we talked for a bit before my session. Afterwards she kept saying how I pulled the energy into myself, that she really did nothing - that sometimes, she has to work at pushing the energy in - she kept saying how strong my energy was ...so, knowing I wanted to have reiki as a 'gift' - which I did - did I pull an attunement into myself, because I knew I wanted it?   Because ...several hours after my session, I developed a blister on a finger that had been paining me and I have had diarrhea today (2 days later) ...I have been craving more wholesome foods ...detox?   Or just coincidence and reiki doing its work? Hmmmm??  Food for thought perhaps ...IDK ...what does anyone think? ...not saying this really happened but makes me wonder ...I will under go a true attunement and am currently doing studies
    Crystal

Female

Post  Crystal on Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:27 pm

silverSpice wrote:
    I know this is an old and long thread ...but this post struck me ...I have been very interested in reiki since I learned of it but it took me some time to find a local practitioner & schedule an appointment ...finally got there on Monday this week.

So, knowing I wanted to learn this - I have been reading and learned about the detox stage after attunement ... and I knew before I ever got that treatment that I wanted this. The practitioner upon meeting me said right off what great energy I had ...we talked for a bit before my session. Afterwards she kept saying how I pulled the energy into myself, that she really did nothing - that sometimes, she has to work at pushing the energy in - she kept saying how strong my energy was ...so, knowing I wanted to have reiki as a 'gift' - which I did - did I pull an attunement into myself, because I knew I wanted it?   Because ...several hours after my session, I developed a blister on a finger that had been paining me and I have had diarrhea today (2 days later) ...I have been craving more wholesome foods ...detox?   Or just coincidence and reiki doing its work? Hmmmm??  Food for thought perhaps ...IDK ...what does anyone think? ...not saying this really happened but makes me wonder ...I will under go a true attunement and am currently doing studies
    No you aren't attuned, the practitioner would have just channelled reiki and that does not attune you.  I would not think that the blister or illness was linked to the session.  It is good that you are eating better though, but I think a lot of what you are feeling is enthusiasm for reiki and that is not a bad thing. :)
    silverSpice

Female
    Number of posts : 16
    Registration date : 2015-04-21

Post  silverSpice on Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:31 pm

Crystal wrote:
    No you aren't attuned, the practitioner would have just channelled reiki and that does not attune you.  I would not think that the blister or illness was linked to the session.  It is good that you are eating better though, but I think a lot of what you are feeling is enthusiasm for reiki and that is not a bad thing. :)
    Thanks for that explanation Crystal ...and am very enthused and very open ...and looking forward to my first attunement!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content