Disturbed Meditation

Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24260
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Disturbed Meditation

Post  Violet on Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:33 am

If your meditation is disturbed how does it affect you? Does it depend on how close to you the source of the disturbance is? For instance a phone ringing in another room would this be enough to totally distract you? I find it doesn't bother me.
    And do you take steps before the meditation to return quickly should the need arise or not, or do you only meditate when there is no possibility of being disturbed by anything?

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.

Kaere

Female
    Number of posts : 2719
    Registration date : 2009-05-19

Re: Disturbed Meditation

Post  Kaere on Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:46 am

I meditate only when I'm sure I won't be disturbed. Outside noises don't bother me but a phone ringing or radio put me right off. If I am disturbed during meditation, I can't get back into it for the most part.
    DIANE

Female
    Number of posts : 14
    Job/hobbies : cashier/ thirsty for Afterlife knowledge
    Registration date : 2011-06-16

Post  DIANE on Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:42 pm

I find it really, really hard to meditate at the best of times.Any outside noise or phone ringing etc totally throws me off.This is a problem I really have to work on
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet on Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:59 pm

HI Diane, can you meditate with music? If so earphones can be really useful for this.

Carolyn

Female
    Number of posts : 541
    Job/hobbies : Writing, singing, and not wasting a moment of every day I wake up.
    Registration date : 2009-09-01

Post  Carolyn on Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:51 am

Having been a mother of 4 children for the last 18 yrs, I learned to meditate or pray while in the midst of "doing" something. Cooking, mowing the grass, washing the dishes, any repetitive motion like that is a great way for me to meditate, think on things, connect with spirit, or even better - just plain let go. Its also a "place" where spirits contact me. The only other time I am that open to spirit is when I'm sick with a fever.
    DIANE

Female

Post  DIANE on Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:35 pm

Thanks Violet , I ll use the earphones and hopefully they will help.
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet on Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:46 pm

I hope it helps Diane.

Carolyn I get you, often I drift when ironing which is not really a good time to go away with the fairies i've not burned myself yet though.

peaceandkarma

Male
    Number of posts : 189
    Registration date : 2011-05-25

Post  peaceandkarma on Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:46 pm

I like to meditate at times when I know it will be quiet. I also vary my meditations as varity is the spice of life.
    DIANE

Female

Post  DIANE on Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:07 am

What do you mean by varying your meditations?? If you dont mind my asking?
    Carolyn

Female
    Number of posts : 541
    Job/hobbies : Writing, singing, and not wasting a moment of every day I wake up.
    Registration date : 2009-09-01

Post  Carolyn on Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:02 pm

Violet wrote:Carolyn I get you, often I drift when ironing which is not really a good time to go away with the fairies i've not burned myself yet though.

Yeh thats about equal on the scale of as me drifting off when frying chicken!
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet on Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:20 pm

as me drifting off when frying chicken!

Sandeepn81
    Just joined

Number of posts : 1
    Registration date : 2014-05-13

Post  Sandeepn81 on Tue May 13, 2014 8:10 am

Carolyn wrote:Having been a mother of 4 children for the last 18 yrs, I learned to meditate or pray while in the midst of "doing" something.  Cooking, mowing the grass, washing the dishes, any repetitive motion like that is a great way for me to meditate, think on things, connect with spirit, or even better - just plain let go.  Its also a "place" where spirits contact me.  The only other time I am that open to spirit is when I'm sick with a fever.

It's one of the rare skills where people can let go and get into trance like situation while doing stuff. You should definitely try dancing. 
    Actually, dance is a form of meditation...it's an expression of the soul.. 
    In Hindu mythology, one of the forms of the God called Shiva, is said to be the greatest dancer. He's very innocent and straight forward and grants anything that the devotees ask of him if he gets pleased with them... he dances whenever devotees are praising him... he dances even when he gets very angry... He has different dances for different moods... he's therefore also called Nataraja (meaning dance king).
    MichelleSimons
    Just joined

Female
    Number of posts : 3
    Registration date : 2014-06-05

Post  MichelleSimons on Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:07 pm

The ability to balance a meditation once interrupted is critical. I personally use an item called the Pendant of Peace but I am sure all sorts of other mechanisms could be utilised. 

The link is www(dot)pendantofpeace(dot)com if you would like to have a look at it.
    Spirit of Light

Number of posts : 82
    Registration date : 2014-05-31

Post  Spirit of Light on Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:27 pm

That is really expensive fifty quid for ninety days. Are you working on commission and just advertising or do you really believe in the product? Sounds like a bit of a con to me and I have been through plenty in my search for the truth.

I don't think that anyone needs sand from Africa in order to be able to meditate, it is all about technique and learning how to meditate.
    Auras

Male
    Number of posts : 1997
    Registration date : 2012-05-06

Post  Auras on Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:22 pm

Spirit of Light wrote:That is really expensive fifty quid for ninety days. Are you working on commission and just advertising or do you really believe in the product? Sounds like a bit of a con to me and I have been through plenty in my search for the truth.

I don't think that anyone needs sand from Africa in order to be able to meditate, it is all about technique and learning how to meditate.
    Exactly. You don't nee anything accept yourself in order to meditate. We meditate everyday without even being Consciously aware, It's a matter being able to do it on intent. There are so many techniques. But, Remember that getting into a meditative state will not happen over night. The benefits of my meditations have been outside. Even thought it took me years to get to where I am. the following Are because of meditation.

*Becoming a medium!
    *After months and months of meditation, I finally realised the affect, I felt positive, I was less judging about people.
    *My anger issues reduced.
    *I met jesus

and lot's more.

Many people "Think" because they can not close there eyes that they can not meditate at all. Well, They are wrong because there is no right or wrong way to meditate. whatever works for you then great. You can not clear your mind fully otherwise if you did, You would be dead(Science teacher told me this). But the objective is not to focus on clearing the mind. That's why they say focus on the breath because while giving your mind to focus on your not conscious aware that your mind is chattering. Then you tend to slip into more of  altered state of consciousness.
    samsara4
    Just joined

Male
    Number of posts : 5
    Registration date : 2014-08-26

Meditation can eventually be done virtually anywhere as you duly noted

Post  samsara4 on Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:35 pm

Carolyn wrote:Having been a mother of 4 children for the last 18 yrs, I learned to meditate or pray while in the midst of "doing" something.  Cooking, mowing the grass, washing the dishes, any repetitive motion like that is a great way for me to meditate, think on things, connect with spirit, or even better - just plain let go.  Its also a "place" where spirits contact me.  The only other time I am that open to spirit is when I'm sick with a fever.
    I too have discovered that, eventually, one can meditate in virtually any situation and especially, as you noted, when doing any repetitive motion.
    dovehealer

Female
    Number of posts : 112
    Registration date : 2014-04-14

Post  dovehealer on Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:18 am

samsara4 wrote:
    I too have discovered that, eventually, one can meditate in virtually any situation and especially, as you noted, when doing any repetitive motion.
    Yes and Yes!! It is beneficial to point out that EVERYONE has experienced this, perhaps not realizing it. Have you ever driven home from work or the store and pulled into your driveway with no recollection of the drive home? Or smitten with the beautiful fire on a cold night..these are all meditative states, with that said..it is very important to have positive thoughts. These thoughts are creating your subconscious reality..if that makes sense. Bad day at work? Long drive home? Program yourself to write your own destiny...Say to yourself or out loud..Thank you for this amazing job where I am loved and appreciated..I am so thankful that my company see's my value..and so on. We get so hung up on the how ...like.."well the company will never see my value as long as xyz is here. Dont worry about that, just know it to be true. As if it has already happened..because it has..but thats a whole other topic. lol Sorry Im so long winded!!
    :whiteflag2:
    reikistar

Number of posts : 70
    Job/hobbies : Reading (fiction and non fiction), blogging, nature watching, dogs, meditation, dreams, reiki and self development.
    Registration date : 2015-05-10

Post  reikistar on Mon May 18, 2015 6:38 pm

I'm pretty good at meditating in the midst of noise. I have guinea pigs who enjoy drinking noisily out of their water bottle when it's quiet. Yesterday I heard the next door neighbour being sick in the toilet while I was meditating. I often hear the birds singing, washing machines going, my dog making her bed, traffic going past the window, the ice cream van, etc.

The way I see it is that the purpose of meditation is learning to be peaceful regardless of what is going on. If I can master that I will be in a better place to cope with extreme stress when I'm not meditating.

I do find it difficult to meditate when a) I'm anxious about something, and b) I'm very ill. For the latter I tend to lay in bed and perhaps listen to music instead or do a visualisation meditation. I really struggle with a and I'm working on it.

Reikistar
    Guru~istic
    Just joined

Male
    Number of posts : 4
    Registration date : 2015-05-17

RE: Disturbed Meditation

Post  Guru~istic on Tue May 19, 2015 4:08 pm

In the beginning i preferred to not be disturbed by any outside noise or even light. I used to put a t shirt around my eyes so when i opened my eyes, it would be the same as if they were closed. 

Now im at a point where nothing can truly disturb my meditation. I can carry on a conversation while continuing the meditation. After you meditate enough and reach a point where the visualizations are just as real as when your eyes are open, meditation becomes a way of life. When meditation becomes a way of life, you will literally be a walking meditation. 

Something to try is this. Randomly throughout your day go into a quick meditation; balance your chakras, focus on the pineal gland, quiet your mind and listen to the influence of spirit, quiet down and invite in a sense of peace and love, when you feel the peace (for instance) take place upon you. Go about what you were previously doing and see how long you can hold that feeling of peace. You're now training yourself to walk in a meditation all day.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:01 am