A forum for seekers everywhere...


    Aggression

    Share
    avatar
    Violet
    Admin

    Female
    Number of posts : 24343
    Location : UK
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

    Aggression

    Post  Violet on Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:14 pm

    Aren't people aggressive these days?

    I saw a woman at a supermarket recently and when her partner turned up to collect her she didn't half let rip (because he hadn't turned up when he said he would) and she didn't care who heard her, we could still hear her when they were at the other end of the car park..so there was no avoiding it, I appreciate she was angry but I honestly thought she was going to punch him.

    I see this kind of thing almost on a daily basis now but why are people so aggressive especially the latest generation, have they been spoiled too much or is it again the lack of discipline?



    Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.

    PPrncpl7
    Member

    Male
    Number of posts : 418
    Location : North west of UK
    Job/hobbies : Retired teacher of Mathematics
    Registration date : 2010-01-27

    Aggression

    Post  PPrncpl7 on Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:06 pm

    Violet
    We are entering-we are IN- the age of chaos!!
    Such behaviour will become more common!
    WE must deal with it and come out the other side!
    PPLL n L
    peter
    avatar
    SpiritVoices
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Location : UK
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

    Re: Aggression

    Post  SpiritVoices on Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:23 pm

    Yes,I find folks more aggressive these days,especially when trying to put their point across or force their own opinions on others.
    Why is the world so aggressive these days? Why can't we be more polite like in olden days?
    The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
    avatar
    ameliorate
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 3220
    Age : 68
    Location : London, UK
    Job/hobbies : Full-time person! Cooking, creating things
    Registration date : 2012-02-15

    Re: Aggression

    Post  ameliorate on Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:06 pm

    Aggression can be the outcome of stress. There is far more stress these days than there used to be for a variety of contributory factors relating to the society we now live in.
    avatar
    SpiritVoices
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Location : UK
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

    Re: Aggression

    Post  SpiritVoices on Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:29 pm

    Got to agree with you Amy. Children were more agreeable years ago and better brought up in manners than today.
    avatar
    SpiritVoices
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Location : UK
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

    Re: Aggression

    Post  SpiritVoices on Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:31 pm

    [quote="jcam@sii"]
    Violet wrote:Aren't people aggressive these days?

    I saw a woman at a supermarket recently and when her partner turned up to collect her she didn't half let rip (because he hadn't turned up when he said he would) and she didn't care who heard her, we could still hear her when they were at the other end of the car park..so there was no avoiding it, I appreciate she was angry but I honestly thought she was going to punch him.

    I see this kind of thing almost on a daily basis now but why are people so aggressive especially the latest generation, have they been spoiled too much or is it again the lack of discipline?

    Like I just like agression cause I don't owe the prob and the prob doesn't owe me.
    Like I don't run for cover or for the hills, and I don't bug it that people get looney. I just learn how not to - with agression - but I don't bite it off and say take it or leave it - of, I was used to and so payed up of it - but i'm like a slump 30-ish to pump not more trouble - i'm kinda dumb suggesting people are insane when that stuff in people don't change, I bank not to. I push myself to let go of unexplained hard no way outs on the modern folk busy busys - feeling there is no better alternate than to be as a adolescent confident dog as day to day surprise permits me. I can imagine all the noise and no defining words coming out, it hurts - but we deal with it unlike a mouse race and very like a soulja - ie - soul soldier. Quite easy stuff, putting real exam power at work to.




    .[/quote


    I wouldn't call you aggressive. You state your point and leave it...
    avatar
    Thunder Bow
    Member

    Male
    Number of posts : 743
    Location : Member
    Job/hobbies : Reactivated
    Registration date : 2013-12-02

    Re: Aggression

    Post  Thunder Bow on Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:33 pm

    We always been a immature society. Now the condition got more chronic and ingrained. It is all about how we raise our children, and the tougher economy.
    avatar
    ameliorate
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 3220
    Age : 68
    Location : London, UK
    Job/hobbies : Full-time person! Cooking, creating things
    Registration date : 2012-02-15

    Re: Aggression

    Post  ameliorate on Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:07 pm

    Thunder Bow wrote:We always been a immature society. Now the condition got more chronic and ingrained. It is all about how we raise our children, and the tougher economy.
    Yes these are the contributory factors I alluded to in my post.

    skye
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 1246
    Registration date : 2009-09-06

    Re: Aggression

    Post  skye on Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:40 pm

    While we have some adults behaving like children, it's little wonder that some children behave the way they do.
    avatar
    innerlight
    Elite

    Male
    Number of posts : 3807
    Age : 38
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

    Re: Aggression

    Post  innerlight on Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:41 am

    SpiritVoices wrote:Got to agree with you Amy.    Children were more agreeable years ago and better brought up in manners than today.


    That's because you can't do anything to kids today. You can't discipline them, you can't raise your voice, you can't punish them. Everything results in lawsuits and people trying to take your kids away because you're a monster.. So today kids run amok with no repercussions.

    Of course, hiding behind monitors on the internet didn't help to curb nastiness from people because they were anonymous.

    It also doesn't help that most of the parents of today's generation were kids themselves. So kids ended up raising kids and you can see it... And I'm not speaking about the age of the person as being a "kid."
    avatar
    SpiritVoices
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Location : UK
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

    Re: Aggression

    Post  SpiritVoices on Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:37 am

    innerlight wrote:
    SpiritVoices wrote:Got to agree with you Amy.    Children were more agreeable years ago and better brought up in manners than today.


    That's because you can't do anything to kids today. You can't discipline them, you can't raise your voice, you can't punish them. Everything results in lawsuits and people trying to take your kids away because you're a monster.. So today kids run amok with no repercussions.

    Of course, hiding behind monitors on the internet didn't help to curb nastiness from people because they were anonymous.

    It also doesn't help that most of the parents of today's generation were kids themselves. So kids ended up raising kids and you can see it... And I'm not speaking about the age of the person as being a "kid."

    Some adults are more immature than a child.....
    avatar
    Thunder Bow
    Member

    Male
    Number of posts : 743
    Location : Member
    Job/hobbies : Reactivated
    Registration date : 2013-12-02

    Re: Aggression

    Post  Thunder Bow on Sat Jul 12, 2014 6:21 pm

    Punishment always done more harm than good. Children need a deeper connection with their family members and parents. With parents over stressed and working long hours, more and more children are denied the deeper connections they need.
    avatar
    Arbel
    Member

    Number of posts : 261
    Registration date : 2012-10-30

    Re: Aggression

    Post  Arbel on Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:31 pm

    There is a prophesy that states children will be out of control and it appears another prophecy is being fulfilled


    Arbel



     


     

    skye
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 1246
    Registration date : 2009-09-06

    Re: Aggression

    Post  skye on Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:50 pm

    Thunder Bow wrote:Punishment always done more harm than good. Children need a deeper connection with their family members and parents. With parents over stressed and working long hours, more and more children are denied the deeper connections they need.
    I wonder if a cause could also be because spiritual values in most if not all religious denominations have changed, or are non existent in some families.
    I know some parents prefer to ignore their children's needs and let them do what they want to, rather than apply some discipline into their lives. Also, most parents want to be their young child's friend, instead of being a teacher or role model first. It's no bad thing to be both, except in some children's eyes, it's never going to happen.
    avatar
    SpiritVoices
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Location : UK
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

    Re: Aggression

    Post  SpiritVoices on Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:09 pm

    In the old days,parents remained together for the sake of the children.
    Not so now.    So many step parents ,one has to wonder if a child really knows who are their birth parents...
    The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

    Sponsored content

    Re: Aggression

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:09 am