Religon ?

jasdir

Male
    Number of posts : 122
    Job/hobbies : meditations
    Registration date : 2010-09-24

Religon ?

Post  jasdir on Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:15 pm

The word ‘Dharma’ has been derived from the root ‘Dhri’ which means to sustain, to support and to guide. English word for Dharma is ‘Religion’ which comes from the Latin infinitive religare : i.e. Re meaning back, ligare meaning to bind or unite; or that which binds one back to one’s origin. Thus, religion means ‘re-union with God’.

Dharma (Religion) comprises those principles or doctrines, with the knowledge and proper performance of which, universal peace and communion with God is attained. The deeds which benefit the doer and his fellow beings are included in Dharma. If they result in pain or misery to others, they are termed as irreligious or adharma.
    Man came first. Religions were instituted later for maintaining humanity and for the well-being of the mankind. However, man discarded humanity and became the custodian of religion. He forgot that his true Dharma (Religion) is Humanity.
    All the outer forms of the body such as to keep long hair or to be clean-shaven, to mark the forehead with sacred mark (tilak) or to assume some other shape or form is merely a false show which indicates that one is the follower of a particular sect or a religious leader. These forms have nothing to do with spiritual uplift.
    These external marks or signs were evolved by the inhabitants of different countries, from time to time, which undergo changes with the passage of time. Therefore, these external observances do not comprise true Dharma or Religion. These are merely rites and rituals. It is foolishness, irreligious and inhuman to quarrel over these outer marks.
    The followers of almost all the religions and the so called custodians of religion are entangled in observing outer rites and rituals prescribed by their respective sects. They are quarrelling amongst themselves over these outer physical forms due to lack of knowledge of the real teachings of Dharma (Religion). Thus they indulge in evil habits and sinful actions. They try to get butter by churning water instead of churning curd.
    A true religious man is he who rises above duality and searches for the golden principles of true religion by adopting which the mind is cleansed and freed from greed, hatred, enmity, violence and jealousy and faith in God is strengthened. He beholds the Divine-Light in everybody and loves the whole mankind. He is determined to do good to others by word, thought and action. Only such a righteous person deserves salvation.
    As long as the child is in the mother’s womb, he has no caste or creed. All human beings are the children of one Supreme Father i.e. God. All the disputes based on caste or creed are man made and they crop up only after birth.
    sparkly

Female
    Number of posts : 989
    Registration date : 2010-01-26

Re: Religon ?

Post  sparkly on Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:41 am

funny thing;
    on the weekend i was watching my favourite show; "big love". at this particular time on the show, two people from the LDS church came to nikki's door and told her she would be accepted there....there was a knock on my door, who was there?
    two people from the LDS! i am not joking!
    now, i chatted with these guys and said sooner or later people get to asking questions which see them leave their church.
    either they do it because they're asked to, 'excommunicated', o0r because they realise the path requires you to follow your heart and nopt doctrine. one of these guys turned to me and said "but how do you find this path?"
    "it's not easy" i nodded "but if you follow your heart you will find that the truth resonates like a singing bowl or tuning fork, no matter if it's in a bible, religious book, or children's novel. there's a lot of people who've shared their love and wisdom in a children's story."

:bfs: :bfs: :bfs: :bfs: :bfs: :bfs: :bfs: :bfs: :bfs: :bfs: :bfs: :bfs: :bfs: :bfs: :bfs: :bfs: :bfs: :bfs: :happy:
    psychoslice

Male
    Number of posts : 1115
    Job/hobbies : oil painting, reading,music, living life
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

Post  psychoslice on Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:19 am

Great stuff jasdir, the best I have read on religion for a long time. :yay:
    The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
    ameliorate

Female
    Number of posts : 3220
    Job/hobbies : Full-time person! Cooking, creating things
    Registration date : 2012-02-15

Post  ameliorate on Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:23 pm

jcam@sii wrote:

it's nice to apply a little ton security, dharma or something - but hopefully turns out quick on the double [ quick on double stands out for 'help out - and then some' ] . that i can't complain or stuff that i'm blessed by the likes of tokens of gratification, hey - that's what dharma little munchkining done like as release, alike that at least they pay a dime to a buck going to those places, seeking sorted of honey over things to be and of - that in new fought way can work the pound of a-life in sweeter steps. just tossing a hero of myself, respected or not and just worked with it - tying to keep another straight. working with spiritual run takes super from anyone, super is what i like about being human, and to plant a tiny tree for tomorrow. i toss to that - with out recompense if possible, makes me final fighter.
    Thank you for explaining what at least one of your phrases means i.e. "quick on the double" - any chance of
    translating the rest?  I wonder if you are aware that your posts are hard to understand because of the hip
    kind of language you choose to use. 

A forum provides the ability to make comments that others can give their feedback to. Being able to successfully be understood in the first place is obviously crucial to this......
    SpiritVoices

Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

Post  SpiritVoices on Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:10 pm

Talking about religion,don't you feel it is taking over the world?

For some reason or another,the air feels ominous.

Just a feeling I have...... :SH:
    ameliorate

Female

Post  ameliorate on Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:17 pm

Fundamentalism, i.e. terrorism is an extreme form of religion - a distortion of it.  Muslims
    do not wish to be associated with this (but, alas, often erroneously are).
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices on Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:44 pm

ameliorate wrote:Fundamentalism, i.e. terrorism is an extreme form of religion - a distortion of it.  Muslims
    Sorry Amy,I was trying to find the correct words....
    Not blaming Muslims but why is there always problems with religion?

In the middle ages the same,Catholic versus Protestants.

Why doesn't God sort his world out?

He's the Boss!
    ameliorate

Female

Post  ameliorate on Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:11 pm

SpiritVoices wrote:
    ameliorate wrote:Fundamentalism, i.e. terrorism is an extreme form of religion - a distortion of it.  Muslims

He's the Boss!
    Apparently we were given freewill....
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices on Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:42 pm

ameliorate wrote:
    SpiritVoices wrote:

He's the Boss!
    .....and look what free will has turned to.....?
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices on Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:43 pm

ameliorate wrote:
    SpiritVoices wrote:

He's the Boss!
    .....answer came out twice.... :blush:
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices on Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:47 pm

Ah well,so much for living on earth.... :asmile:
    ameliorate

Female

Post  ameliorate on Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:03 pm

SpiritVoices wrote:Ah well,so much for living on earth.... :asmile:
    Depends what you focus on .... there is a lot that's wonderful about being human but it's easier
    and more common to focus on the negative aspects.
    1antique
    Elite

Male
    Number of posts : 3369
    Job/hobbies : Searching For The Truth
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

Post  1antique on Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:11 pm

I do find it very amusing how people are so authoritative about things that have no proof at all. 

This information has been handed down by mouth and by books for thousands of years. It is just a belief in something that cannot be seen or touched. 

The origins of these beliefs sprung from the earliest man attempting to make sense out of natural occurrences that could not be explained by the knowledge that they possessed.....the moon's phases, the changing of the seasons, the rising and setting of the sun, etc. 

Absolutely no proof....just a belief in something unseen and unknown.

None of us know what we are talking about. 

We only know what we have been told or have read...or what some have purported to have experienced.

So....why all the arguments???????

Why are we so insistent that we are right and everyone else is wrong when, in truth, we know nothing about what we are talking about?

skye

Female
    Number of posts : 1247
    Registration date : 2009-09-06

Post  skye on Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:30 pm

ameliorate wrote:
    SpiritVoices wrote:Ah well,so much for living on earth.... :asmile:
    Depends what you focus on .... there is a lot that's wonderful about being human but it's easier
    and more common to focus on the negative aspects.
    I agree with your comment. It's a shame the media and journalists don't focus on the many positive aspects going on around our world every day. But, then again this type of news wouldn't sell newspapers. They prefer to instill, or should that read incite, fear into people's minds creating more misery and negativity than is necessary.

skye

Female
    Number of posts : 1247
    Registration date : 2009-09-06

Post  skye on Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:35 pm

1antique wrote:I do find it very amusing how people are so authoritative about things that have no proof at all. 

This information has been handed down by mouth and by books for thousands of years. It is just a belief in something that cannot be seen or touched. 

The origins of these beliefs sprung from the earliest man attempting to make sense out of natural occurrences that coud not be explained by the knowledge that they possessed.....the moon's phases, the changing of the seasons, the rising and setting of the sun, etc. 

Absolutely no proof....just a belief in something unseen and unknown.

None of us know what we are talking about. 

We only know what we have been told or have read...or what some have purported to have experienced.

So....why all the arguments???????

Why are we so insistent that we are right and everyone else is wrong when, in truth, we know nothing about what we are talking about?

Ego, pure and simple.
    The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:53 pm