Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24260
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Handwriting Analysis

Post  Violet on Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:56 pm

I couldn't think where to put this

Do you think handwriting really does give your personality away, I heard or read somewhere (a while ago admittedly) that some companies would get the handwriting on application forms analysed to help them select the right candidiate for a job, I don't see how this would work as most people would try to write as neatly as they could for such things so it wouldn't be a true analysis.

What are your thoughts, have you ever looked into analysing your own handwriting or the handwriting of someone else?

Perhaps you just think it's a load of rubbish?

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    Katiecat

Female
    Number of posts : 60
    Job/hobbies : crystals, rocks, camping, drawing, music, reading, writing, cards, anything metaphysical
    Registration date : 2010-09-09

Re: Handwriting Analysis

Post  Katiecat on Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:46 pm

Violet wrote:I couldn't think where to put this

Do you think handwriting really does give your personality away, I heard or read somewhere (a while ago admittedly) that some companies would get the handwriting on application forms analysed to help them select the right candidiate for a job, I don't see how this would work as most people would try to write as neatly as they could for such things so it wouldn't be a true analysis.

What are your thoughts, have you ever looked into analysing your own handwriting or the handwriting of someone else?

Perhaps you just think it's a load of rubbish?

I, personally, think its a load of rubbish. I'm left handed, and really creative, my handwriting changes every time I write...when I actually write with a pen or pencil. Sometime I hold my arm a certain way as to not drag it through the graphite or ink... Sometimes my wrist hurts from carpal tunnel syndrome that I position it differently to relieve pain. Sometimes, I'm in a goofy mood and I write all "girly." Sometimes I am in a hurry and it looks like a doctor's scribble. So, about the only thing you can tell about me by my handwriting would be if I'm in physical pain, or maybe my mood. Who knows, maybe its a sign that I'm a nut. lol haha

I have heard that if you write with really long slender letters that means you are spiritual...I think that is silly. I'm such a free spirited person and such a non-conformist that if I went to a job interview, and they wanted to do a hand writing analysis to use as a basis for job consideration...I'd probably leave...just on the principle of it. It blows my mind that there is a possibility of someone getting a job because of their awesome handwriting analysis over someone with more skill.

Great topic! Ty

Kaere

Female
    Number of posts : 2719
    Registration date : 2009-05-19

Post  Kaere on Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:05 am

I'd loooove to have my handwriting analyzed. I tend to print more than I write but with either method it starts out neat and ends up getting more loosey-goosey as my impatience kicks in. I've really gotta work on that
    Earthealer

Female
    Number of posts : 159
    Job/hobbies : unemployed, music, writing, reading, crystal collection, line dancing, singing
    Registration date : 2009-11-28

Post  Earthealer on Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:45 am

I have to say I believe that it is possible to make a connection to your own handwriting. When in regards to automatic writing, the handwriting sometimes does change in reference to the spirit as to who is writing the message. I have experienced this myself and the voice of those who have handwritten the words is completely different as persay to what I would've written. Thus indicating in this sense that the analysis would be considered ' true' especially if you were able to connect to the spirit who was writing the message. But whereas if its your own handwriting, then it would be a psychic connection to analyze your own handwriting, in which sense it is just like using any other tool, like tarot, or crystals, that would connect to your energy. Not sure if that makes sense but that is my take on it.
    Zero

Female
    Number of posts : 30
    Registration date : 2010-01-26

Post  Zero on Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:49 am

I really believe your handwriting says a lot about you, specifically at that moment you are writing. When I am more relaxed my handwriting is bigger, less restricted to the lines and such
    Katiecat

Female
    Job/hobbies : crystals, rocks, camping, drawing, music, reading, writing, cards, anything metaphysical

Post  Katiecat on Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:52 pm

Zero wrote:I really believe your handwriting says a lot about you, specifically at that moment you are writing. When I am more relaxed my handwriting is bigger, less restricted to the lines and such

I can agree to that...as long as its an analysis of you at that specific moment. But do you think it could tell an employer deeper truths about you???

Also about auto writing...I have done that some, but my experience has been that my handwriting gets really messy only because I'm trying to get the message down as fast as it comes to me...I have never lost control of my hand or the pen.
    Lightseeker

Male
    Number of posts : 255
    Registration date : 2010-01-27

Post  Lightseeker on Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:11 pm

I have made use of Graphology before .I think it can broadly signify traits within a Person :)
    Katiecat

Female

Post  Katiecat on Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:33 pm

Lightseeker wrote:I have made use of Graphology before .I think it can broadly signify traits within a Person :)

I'm open to having mine analyzed for entertainment purposes. But would not be for a job interview. I guess I'm wierd lol

mo g
    Just joined

Number of posts : 3
    Registration date : 2010-09-29

Post  mo g on Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:23 am

Hmm I've found mine varies depending on my mood and how much of a rush I'm in. Once in a blue moon it's actually legible. Think I'd be horrified if a job depended on the analysis
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24260
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Post  Violet on Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:12 pm

mo g wrote:Hmm I've found mine varies depending on my mood and how much of a rush I'm in. Once in a blue moon it's actually legible. Think I'd be horrified if a job depended on the analysis

Hi guys from what i've gathered if your writing slopes back (leans to the left) it indicates laziness, if it slopes forward (to the right) it indicates ambition and drive, but there are certain loops and strokes which can (apparantly) indicate all manner of personality traits these things are what is usually present in most of our writing whether it is scruffy or not.

I think this practice has trailed off within companies now as most communication is done via the internet but I know there was a 'craze' for this several years ago.

Lightseeker have you studied graphology in depth, i've only really had a scratch at the surface.

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:28 pm