Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24258
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Are there really

Post  Violet on Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:09 pm

Originally posted by 1antique
    Many types of angels and other spritual beings? Or is there only one or two types and they are merely presenting themselves in a myriad of different forms in accordance to what need or will accept at a particular point in time? Or, is it that we see them in whatever form we are able to with our limited ability? Or...are we actually being presented with our own higher self and not some other esoteric being?

Love and Light
    Allen

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Re: Are there really

Post  Violet on Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:10 pm

ooooh i'm glad you brought this up as I heard that our spirit guides appear to us in a guise that we are comfortable with, for example many people would not be content to have bill the road sweeper as a guide, we want Indian Chiefs, samuri warriors etc.
    Bill the roadsweeper is just not 'glamourous' enough for some, and some would probably pay him no heed at all regardless of his credentials as a spirit guide, but how do we know our big cheif sitting bull is not actually bill the roadsweeper?

I firmly believe that a guide is a seperate entity, the higher self is surely our conscience the bit that pricks us sharply when we are naughty, the bit that draws the line between right and wrong. I believe all spirit guides have to have had an earthly existence as a human to understand us so well.

I think angels are simply heavenly beings, that never walk the earth as humans I don't believe we have angels as actual spirit guides (as they have not experienced human life surely they wouldn't qualify?) But i'm sure they do assist us from time to time and can visit the earth plane and intervene where necessary.

those are my thoughts any way

Violet

Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet on Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:11 pm

Originally posted by Innerlight:
    I have thought the same thing. Wondering if they are not all one in the same.

Take for instance a devout catholic that has spent most of her life living the "good life." She gets a visit from her spirit guide who wants her to learn some new lessons. Natually for a devout catholic to just see some random spirit she is going to think our good ol' lucifer is trying to trick her into the darkside. Which scares the heebie geebies out of her and she may off her self or try and get an exorcist.. Now she'll never ever be able to see her guide again or even trust a word he says.. Frustrating indeed.

Now, had an Angel, that we all know what they look like from all those pictures of yonder we've seen painted by the greats of old, Comes down to her with it's magnificent robes, and wings. Tells her he wants to help her learn some new lessons, and better herself. The girl will be better receptive to one of Gods Angelic beings and will be more receptive then just some random spirit guide that popped in to do exactly what that Angel said. They could of said it exactly word for word.

1antique
    Elite

Male
    Number of posts : 3369
    Job/hobbies : Searching For The Truth
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

Post  1antique on Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:26 am

Another thought on this....

What if what we know as angels are nothing more than Extra-terrestrials that are making contact in either the physical or astral?

I mean, I know that, 4 or 5 thousand years ago, if an ET came calling, I would know if was either a God or an angel...not something from another planet...cause they don't exist.......
    Carolyn

Female
    Number of posts : 541
    Job/hobbies : Writing, singing, and not wasting a moment of every day I wake up.
    Registration date : 2009-09-01

Post  Carolyn on Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:31 am

Ever seen the movie "The Knowing"? At the very end of the movie, angels present themselves as ET's.
    innerlight
    Elite

Male
    Number of posts : 3807
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Post  innerlight on Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:11 pm

I could see that happening.. As one would understand it fully at the time, with such a limited scope of reality.. Something like that could be considered an Angel.. When it could of just been an ET saying hi.
    mia

Female
    Number of posts : 1741
    Job/hobbies : Carer Support Worker
    Registration date : 2009-07-27

Post  mia on Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:47 pm

What if what we know as angels are nothing more than Extra-terrestrials that are making contact in either the physical or astral?

I am starting to believe this ;)
    innerlight
    Elite

Male

Post  innerlight on Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:23 pm

1antique wrote:Another thought on this....

Let's flip the equation shall we... What if what we know of as ET's were nothing more than Angels, or guides... After all anything foreign to us would be an Extra Terrestrial.
    1antique
    Elite

Male

Post  1antique on Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:08 am

Good point....but, why would we have begun calling them Angels to begin with?

Where did they originate in time?

What religion created them?

Are they really spiritual creatures, or are they entities from another dimension/reality/time/planet?

The thing is, we created them at some point in our evolution from something that we experienced...and did not understand. Or did we understand at one point in time, and merely have forgotten what they really are?
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet on Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:50 am

Most religions have angels in some form or another, I was surprised to learn that as I always assumed it was a christian thing.

innerlight
    Elite

Male

Post  innerlight on Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:05 pm

That is true... They must of originated from someplace, and we may of named them... It could of also been that the Angels/Et's named themselves when they first appeared they said that they were an Angels. Since the mind likes to label things for better understanding, I guess.
    1antique
    Elite

Male

Post  1antique on Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:13 pm

Actually, if you dig into it, you will find that many, if not all, angels in Judeo/Christian teachings originally came from other, more ancient teachings. In fact, very little of what we follow in the Christian faith is actually from Chrisitanity. It has been taken from these older religions and used by the Christian church in an effort to get those from other religions to turn to it.

Regrettably, if this tactic didn't work, then wholesale slaughter was used (as in the Inquisition).

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:32 am