Numbers

Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24346
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Numbers

Post  Violet on Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:56 pm

How seriously do you take numbers, would you refuse a house if it had your 'unlucky' number on the door, would you change a phone number or anything else, are there certain dates you won't plan anything for, do you try to organise important appointments on a 'good number' day ?

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    mia

Female
    Number of posts : 1741
    Job/hobbies : Carer Support Worker
    Registration date : 2009-07-27

Re: Numbers

Post  mia on Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:30 am

No, I wouldnt refuse a house or phone or any number offered me, as I see it as meant to be.
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet on Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:29 pm

I heard that in some parts of America they won't number houses with thirteen, just something I heard I don't know if it's true.

Kaere

Female
    Number of posts : 2719
    Registration date : 2009-05-19

Post  Kaere on Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:02 am

I've not heard of that violet - but I do know there are no 13th Floors in buildings over here.

In the area where I grew up there was a big immigration of people from Hong Kong - they liked the name "Richmond" because to their ears it sounded a lot like "Rich Man". They snapped up all the 8 numbers they could find as well - license plates, phone numbers, street numbers, etc. They felt that those things brought good luck to them.
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet on Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:23 pm

but I do know there are no 13th Floors in buildings over here
    that was another thing I heard Kaere

Someone mentioned to me the other day that their upcoming new home is the same number as a previous one, this has also happened to me, the same house number twice in row

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:35 am