PhotobucketWelcome to the new home of Spiritual Inspiration & The Healing Forum! Photobucket
PhotobucketRegister now for full access to our forum and chatroom!Photobucket
PhotobucketSpiritual Inspiration...The forum for seekers everywhere...Photobucket
PhotobucketOur chatroom is located at the foot of our homepage!Photobucket

    Dowsing Rods

    Share
    avatar
    Violet
    Admin
    Admin

    Female
    Number of posts : 24254
    Location : UK
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

    Dowsing Rods

    Post  Violet on Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:47 pm

    Anyone ever tried these?


    ******************************************

    Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    avatar
    Violet
    Admin
    Admin

    Female
    Number of posts : 24254
    Location : UK
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

    Re: Dowsing Rods

    Post  Violet on Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:48 pm

    Originally Posted by 1Antique
    I have used them a few times with limited success. Once, at a vortex, I was able to easily find lines of power...especially where they crossed. The rods actually doubled back and hit me in the chest as I crossed over them!

    When I was younger, I played with them at home searching for buried water pipes, but only occasionally found them. Maybe someday I will pick them up again and give it a whirl.

    Allen


    ******************************************

    Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    avatar
    Violet
    Admin
    Admin

    Female
    Number of posts : 24254
    Location : UK
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

    Re: Dowsing Rods

    Post  Violet on Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:42 pm

    It's a long time since I used these, but i'm hoping to have another go in the near future, i'll keep you posted.


    ******************************************

    Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    avatar
    Violet
    Admin
    Admin

    Female
    Number of posts : 24254
    Location : UK
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

    Re: Dowsing Rods

    Post  Violet on Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:47 am

    Does anyone know the full range of what they can be used for?


    ******************************************

    Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.

    mac
    Member
    Member

    Male
    Number of posts : 3262
    Age : 70
    Location : Heart Of England
    Job/hobbies : retired
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

    Re: Dowsing Rods

    Post  mac on Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:46 am

    I've used 'em in fun and watched others do the same - we found watercourses and pipes as we were in our workplace at the time, a long time ago.


    I have experienced rods working in such simple ways but I have no idea why. I also have no idea what else they might usefully be used for although I once read that Uri Geller earned a very comfortable living by 'divining' for minerals for commercial organisations.
    avatar
    Lynn
    Member
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 1467
    Age : 54
    Location : Canada
    Job/hobbies : Retired - Interests Metaphysics
    Registration date : 2010-01-26

    Re: Dowsing Rods

    Post  Lynn on Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:21 pm

    Hello

    I have in the past used them during a crid search for missing person information or body location. What I have found them to be is two fold one it that they were a direct line pointer.....but more than that they kept on on the direct line somehow. Too they were an exention of one's energies somehow connect ye to the ground.

    I have an interesting story about a Psychic Reader using her's in a reading for me.

    I so did not like the home I lived in well maybe more the place the home was located. We moved in and I thought that the isolation for me would be fine. Less than a year later I so wanted OUT of that place. We listed in a GOOD market the house sat....then there was some lega community issues that kept it from selling. We still tried as I so hated it there. The house never sold. This went on 9 year's.

    I went to the Local Psychic Fair and I was guided by another Psychic that the one that worked next to her was the one I should see. So I went with that. I wanted BUT one answer why that dam house would NOT sell and what I had to try next to MOVE from it....she did cards they showed no sale would come....that there was WORK to be done there. There was something to be built there, that looked much like a doll or play house. We had the land, and we had kids. The odd thing was a "move from Naramata to Naramata" that she could not understand. The house would not be sold but there was a MOVE showing....how....? So she got out the Rod's and asked that question. Again they too showed a MOVE from Naramata to Naramata but again the house would not sell. HOW ? I took it as a sign that I was to simply settle in and make the best of it...we had not re listed. I went home saying OK we stay I will simply have to suck it up. Me mate LOVed it there in isolation.

    It was a month later that the phone rang, a new realator that had moved back to Narmamat was looking at "COLD" listings and asked to meet with us to see WHY the house did not sell and said it was way UNDER priced and she would like a 3 month crack at it please. I had setled into it not selling so figured what harm is there. LESS than a month later and with less than 28 days to back 3000SF and three kids and a cat....we were homeless on the move. We had bought a LOT and were to have a house built....a new house in town where I so wanted to be and live. A new Developement without even a finished show home....(HUGE RISK) . The house name is "The Naramata" and the style of the house is 1940's herritage ( for the old Railway Days ) of the land I live on. SO it looks like a Doll or Play House...and the MOVE from Naramata too Naramata now made sense. The house simply did not yet exist for me to move to so I had to wait.

    I called the psycic back after we got moved in months later thinking maybe she might remember this event....she said that one so bothered her as no matter how many ways she tried to figrue it out there was this puzzle to it. So pleased to here that things worked out....So at times one gets information that one does not understand for a long time but things all work out. When I showed her the picture of me house she was blown away said add some window boxes and YOU have what I invissioned.



    Lynn
    avatar
    feather
    Member
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 1166
    Age : 62
    Location : Outback Queensland Australia
    Registration date : 2010-07-07

    Re: Dowsing Rods

    Post  feather on Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:48 am

    My husband can dowse for underground water with plain fencing wires...( Most of our water is underground and pumped up to the surface and to put a bore hole down...you have to have a pretty good idea where to put the hole, as here sometimes the stream is narrow and very easy to miss. )

    2 lengths of wire bent into a L shape and he holds the two short ends loosely in his fists and when he walks and when he crosses the underground stream... they turn in his hands and cross.
    avatar
    Violet
    Admin
    Admin

    Female
    Number of posts : 24254
    Location : UK
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

    Re: Dowsing Rods

    Post  Violet on Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:58 pm

    Lynn wrote:Hello

    I have in the past used them during a crid search for missing person information or body location. What I have found them to be is two fold one it that they were a direct line pointer.....but more than that they kept on on the direct line somehow. Too they were an exention of one's energies somehow connect ye to the ground.

    I have an interesting story about a Psychic Reader using her's in a reading for me.

    I so did not like the home I lived in well maybe more the place the home was located. We moved in and I thought that the isolation for me would be fine. Less than a year later I so wanted OUT of that place. We listed in a GOOD market the house sat....then there was some lega community issues that kept it from selling. We still tried as I so hated it there. The house never sold. This went on 9 year's.

    I went to the Local Psychic Fair and I was guided by another Psychic that the one that worked next to her was the one I should see. So I went with that. I wanted BUT one answer why that dam house would NOT sell and what I had to try next to MOVE from it....she did cards they showed no sale would come....that there was WORK to be done there. There was something to be built there, that looked much like a doll or play house. We had the land, and we had kids. The odd thing was a "move from Naramata to Naramata" that she could not understand. The house would not be sold but there was a MOVE showing....how....? So she got out the Rod's and asked that question. Again they too showed a MOVE from Naramata to Naramata but again the house would not sell. HOW ? I took it as a sign that I was to simply settle in and make the best of it...we had not re listed. I went home saying OK we stay I will simply have to suck it up. Me mate LOVed it there in isolation.

    It was a month later that the phone rang, a new realator that had moved back to Narmamat was looking at "COLD" listings and asked to meet with us to see WHY the house did not sell and said it was way UNDER priced and she would like a 3 month crack at it please. I had setled into it not selling so figured what harm is there. LESS than a month later and with less than 28 days to back 3000SF and three kids and a cat....we were homeless on the move. We had bought a LOT and were to have a house built....a new house in town where I so wanted to be and live. A new Developement without even a finished show home....(HUGE RISK) . The house name is "The Naramata" and the style of the house is 1940's herritage ( for the old Railway Days ) of the land I live on. SO it looks like a Doll or Play House...and the MOVE from Naramata too Naramata now made sense. The house simply did not yet exist for me to move to so I had to wait.

    I called the psycic back after we got moved in months later thinking maybe she might remember this event....she said that one so bothered her as no matter how many ways she tried to figrue it out there was this puzzle to it. So pleased to here that things worked out....So at times one gets information that one does not understand for a long time but things all work out. When I showed her the picture of me house she was blown away said add some window boxes and YOU have what I invissioned.



    Lynn



    Wow what an interesting account Lynn, and it just goes to show that what doesn't make sense initially in a reading, might do later on, your house sounds lovely by the way


    ******************************************

    Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    avatar
    Violet
    Admin
    Admin

    Female
    Number of posts : 24254
    Location : UK
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

    Re: Dowsing Rods

    Post  Violet on Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:00 am

    feather wrote:My husband can dowse for underground water with plain fencing wires...( Most of our water is underground and pumped up to the surface and to put a bore hole down...you have to have a pretty good idea where to put the hole, as here sometimes the stream is narrow and very easy to miss. )

    2 lengths of wire bent into a L shape and he holds the two short ends loosely in his fists and when he walks and when he crosses the underground stream... they turn in his hands and cross.



    Hi Feather, isn't that what they were originally used for, I also wonder if it would make a difference using different metals.


    ******************************************

    Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    avatar
    feather
    Member
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 1166
    Age : 62
    Location : Outback Queensland Australia
    Registration date : 2010-07-07

    Re: Dowsing Rods

    Post  feather on Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:14 am

    I don't know Violet...It's actually strange because water dowsers ( we call them water deviners) usually are the most logical and everyday people who don't go in for anything spiritual or metaphysical and yet they are 'dowsing' and they accept it as normal. Maybe other metals may make a difference to different people...depending on their vibrational patten. I've seem a forky stick... Y shaped...used too...the deviner holds the 2 short branches and the long branch is pulled down when the water stream is crossed.
    avatar
    Purplemoon
    Newbie
    Newbie

    Number of posts : 22
    Registration date : 2011-11-17

    Re: Dowsing Rods

    Post  Purplemoon on Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:28 am

    I have used them for yes and no answers if they crossed the answer was yes if there was no movement it was a no , and they have been extremly accurate for me . I have tryed using them to locate lost objects but have never had any success .
    avatar
    Violet
    Admin
    Admin

    Female
    Number of posts : 24254
    Location : UK
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

    Re: Dowsing Rods

    Post  Violet on Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:28 pm

    I'm looking forward to having a go with them, not much free time at the moment


    ******************************************

    Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    avatar
    Makoiyi
    Just joined
    Just joined

    Number of posts : 9
    Location : Up a mountain beside the Standing Stones talking with the Ancestors, Ravens n the Horses
    Job/hobbies : Blacksmith
    Registration date : 2016-09-05

    Re: Dowsing Rods

    Post  Makoiyi on Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:32 pm

    Old topic I know but I've used rods to douse with for years and have had some really good success with them. Ive doused for water and energy lines , lost items including an antique stud earring lost in a newly sanded riding arena with 3 ft  depth of sand. I found the earring buried about 6 inches down.

    But you can also douse for information, just write down your questions first of all and dont change them. Also keep in mind that they have to be yes or no answers. If you keep at it practice wise you can get some very accurate results.

    I find if I use a pendulum I can influence the way it go's just by energy, hence I don't use them much as I dont trust the answers 100%.

    mac
    Member
    Member

    Male
    Number of posts : 3262
    Age : 70
    Location : Heart Of England
    Job/hobbies : retired
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

    Re: Dowsing Rods

    Post  mac on Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:44 am

    You're right!  This is an old thread -  almost 5 years old!
    avatar
    Makoiyi
    Just joined
    Just joined

    Number of posts : 9
    Location : Up a mountain beside the Standing Stones talking with the Ancestors, Ravens n the Horses
    Job/hobbies : Blacksmith
    Registration date : 2016-09-05

    Re: Dowsing Rods

    Post  Makoiyi on Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:46 am

    Yep, but it can be resurrected lol, its quite an interesting topic if others want to join in.

    mac
    Member
    Member

    Male
    Number of posts : 3262
    Age : 70
    Location : Heart Of England
    Job/hobbies : retired
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

    Re: Dowsing Rods

    Post  mac on Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:46 pm

    Absolutely it can be resurrected!   :asmile:



    I'd also like to 'hear' what others say on the subject as it was a thread I ran on another website hoping it would reveal some facts there.  Mostly, though, I was left with more questions than clear answers.  I hope something new emerges in this thread.
    avatar
    Crystal
    Member
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 1247
    Location : UK
    Job/hobbies : Counsellor - Crystals,Tarot, Reiki and animal healing
    Registration date : 2009-06-20

    Re: Dowsing Rods

    Post  Crystal on Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:23 pm

    Makoiyi wrote:Old topic I know but I've used rods to douse with for years and have had some really good success with them. Ive doused for water and energy lines , lost items including an antique stud earring lost in a newly sanded riding arena with 3 ft  depth of sand. I found the earring buried about 6 inches down.

    But you can also douse for information, just write down your questions first of all and dont change them. Also keep in mind that they have to be yes or no answers. If you keep at it practice wise you can get some very accurate results.

    I find if I use a pendulum I can influence the way it go's just by energy, hence I don't use them much as I dont trust the answers 100%.

    Yep maybe old topic but still a goody lol, my ears pricked up at the thought of a newly sanded arena! bliss! what kind of rods were they and I see you are a blacksmith? Have you tried dowsing with a horseshoe?

    mac
    Member
    Member

    Male
    Number of posts : 3262
    Age : 70
    Location : Heart Of England
    Job/hobbies : retired
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

    Re: Dowsing Rods

    Post  mac on Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:27 pm

    13 days on from the recent return to the topic by the new member but nothing since.....  :scratch:
    avatar
    Makoiyi
    Just joined
    Just joined

    Number of posts : 9
    Location : Up a mountain beside the Standing Stones talking with the Ancestors, Ravens n the Horses
    Job/hobbies : Blacksmith
    Registration date : 2016-09-05

    Re: Dowsing Rods

    Post  Makoiyi on Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:43 pm

    Its due to me being sick n not being able to type anything much on a phone, when im back home with my laptop I'll post properly.

    mac
    Member
    Member

    Male
    Number of posts : 3262
    Age : 70
    Location : Heart Of England
    Job/hobbies : retired
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

    Re: Dowsing Rods

    Post  mac on Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:54 pm

    Sorry to learn you've been sick.   Hope you're recovering well.  :love:
    avatar
    Crystal
    Member
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 1247
    Location : UK
    Job/hobbies : Counsellor - Crystals,Tarot, Reiki and animal healing
    Registration date : 2009-06-20

    Re: Dowsing Rods

    Post  Crystal on Sun Oct 02, 2016 1:19 pm

    Makoiyi wrote:Its due to me being sick n not being able to type anything much on a phone, when im back home with my laptop I'll post properly.


    I have been away too, how are you now?

    kiwi
    Newbie
    Newbie

    Number of posts : 30
    Registration date : 2016-11-05

    re:dowsing rods

    Post  kiwi on Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:14 am

    Ive used them for fun checking how far an aura can expand.

    standing in front of a person with the rods and then walking backwards until the rods moved inwards.
    then walking up and giving the person a huge hug and re-using the rods to see just how much the aura expands

    Also in regards to what Makoiyi wrote
    Makoiyi wrote
    I find if I use a pendulum I can influence the way it go's just by energy, hence I don't use them much as I dont trust the answers 100%.


    I carry my quartz crystal pendulum everywhere I go. I find it super accurate and use it for any energy work I do.
    Its fantastic for yes/no answers but I first have to connect with the pendulum and identify which is the yes no and maybe movements

    Once I ask the pendulum to show me which is yes, and which is no,  and lastly which is maybe it is ready to be used.
    but if I use the pendulum for energy work like chakras, then I don't do the yes/no checks and allow the pendulum to work on its own
    I also use the pendulum when at crystal shops, some shops have nice pretty crystals but they are dyed glass, pendulum will move when above another crystal
    And the pendulum is fantastic if visiting friends and someone needs a quick headache fix or cleansing small areas
    I love the pendulum
    avatar
    Blueanchor
    Member
    Member

    Number of posts : 784
    Registration date : 2015-08-26

    Re: Dowsing Rods

    Post  Blueanchor on Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:44 pm

    I'll apologise in advance for my irreverence, but I had a very funny experience with a dowsing rod seller a short while ago.

    I was at a psychic fair that used to be good, but has changed hands in recent years. So I'd been round a couple of times and was waiting for a workshop and was looking for something to do. I work with energy, but dowsing and dowsing rods aren't something I feel particularly drawn to or know much about, so I thought I'd ask the guy selling dowsing sticks about dowsing.

    He didn't really explain much, he just said have a go with the sticks, ask them a question. So I did and clearly, that way of working with energy is not for me. It took me away from my connection, and I said 'they don't really work for me' and went to walk away. But, these bits of stick with a wire sticking out for £8 were clearly more to their seller. And he said 'oh that's very negative, look...' at which point he took a pendulum (a shaped piece of varnished wood on a chain) and said he was connecting to his wife's chakras - and quite poorly made the pendulum move with his fingers. Then he said, now this is your chakras, and the pendulum didn't move, which was down to every one of my chakras being blocked (rather than his fingers).

    The guy wanted to sell sticks and wire and didn't like someone not going for the sales pitch, and I've been around long enough to understand my own connection enough to be able to think 'what a twonk' in good humour. But it annoys me if I think about how vulnerable exploring spirituality makes people, when there's people like this guy about.

    For some people dowsing tools enable them to connect, in the same way that cards or crystal balls, touch or no tools at all, work for others. Respect to all of it in free choice, but none to the sales people and conners that work in the world.

    kiwi
    Newbie
    Newbie

    Number of posts : 30
    Registration date : 2016-11-05

    RE: dowsing rods

    Post  kiwi on Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:07 pm

    LOLOLOL that's soo funny Blueanchor   my first giggle of the day


    The dowsing rods I used a couple times was only made of a coat hanger cut into an L shape lolol
    I too found they didn't hold my attention for long.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Dowsing Rods

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:44 am