Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24346
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Are you scared of dying?

Post  Violet on Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:10 am

First topic message reminder :

Are you scared of dying, or just how you will die, or do you have no fear at all of any part of death?
    Have your beliefs (whatever they are,) helped you fear it less, more, or not made any difference?

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    sparkly

Female
    Number of posts : 989
    Registration date : 2010-01-26

Re: Are you scared of dying?

Post  sparkly on Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:51 am

tony i don't think it's crummy of you. you had natural reactions.

may god bless you. and may you know it.
    Panda

Female
    Number of posts : 65
    Registration date : 2011-02-28

Post  Panda on Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:28 pm

AngelTony wrote:
    Panda wrote:Hi AngelTony,
    I hope that one day I too will be able to see the afterlife like you and so many others have. Until then, I will continue to image what it could be like.
    Just feel happy that it is real. I do everyday. Kinda takes the stress off.
    Will do!
    AngelTony

Male
    Number of posts : 1227
    Registration date : 2010-04-08

Post  AngelTony on Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:37 pm

Panda wrote:
    AngelTony wrote:
    Panda wrote:Hi AngelTony,
    I hope that one day I too will be able to see the afterlife like you and so many others have. Until then, I will continue to image what it could be like.
    Just feel happy that it is real. I do everyday. Kinda takes the stress off.
    Will do!
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet on Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:30 am

sparkly wrote:tony i don't think it's crummy of you. you had natural reactions.

I totally agree with Sparkly here

AngelTony

Male

Post  AngelTony on Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:52 am

Violet wrote:
    sparkly wrote:tony i don't think it's crummy of you. you had natural reactions.

I totally agree with Sparkly here
    Yes, so do I.
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet on Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:19 pm

I'm sure the thought of leaving loved ones behind is a big worry when we're about to depart and adds to any other fears we have, I wonder how hard it is to look in on family and perhaps see them in a bad way or in danger it must be so frustrating as surely you'd want to help them (this is why I don't believe family members can be spirit guides,) we must be helped some way with this when we do pass, with the 'letting go.'

sparkly

Female

Post  sparkly on Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:59 am

hurting people is my only fear of dying.
    i think you could be a guide to a family memeber violet, because after you've passed you are not that present personality anymore, you don't have those attachments. out of love you will do what is best for that person/s. and you will know that even if something "bad" happens to them you will rejoice for the growth in their soul.

zerdini

Male
    Number of posts : 611
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2011-01-28

Post  zerdini on Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:05 pm

I spent Saturday and Sunday at the hospital bedside of a dying friend. He passed away at about 6pm. Fortunately all his family had managed to see him at some time during Sunday. After they had left and we were ready to take his wife home the blood slowly drained from his face and we realised he was preparing to leave.
    As his spirit form gradually withdrew from his physical body it was quickly apparent that the latter was only a shell - in a few minutes it was empty.
    I called the nurse who drew the curtains around his bed. The nurse asked me if I had ever seen a dead body to which I replied 'many times'. I added that I believed in the continuity of life at which I received a funny look.
    I can understand why people are scared of dying but in reality it is a painless and peaceful process.
    AngelTony

Male

Post  AngelTony on Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:20 pm

sparkly wrote:hurting people is my only fear of dying.
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet on Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:16 am

sparkly wrote:hurting people is my only fear of dying.
    i think you could be a guide to a family memeber violet, because after you've passed you are not that present personality anymore, you don't have those attachments. out of love you will do what is best for that person/s. and you will know that even if something "bad" happens to them you will rejoice for the growth in their soul.

Hi Sparkly I don't believe we lose any part of our personality, and i'd have thought the attachments were still there in the early days especially, but I could be wrong.

Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet on Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:20 am

zerdini wrote:I spent Saturday and Sunday at the hospital bedside of a dying friend. He passed away at about 6pm. Fortunately all his family had managed to see him at some time during Sunday. After they had left and we were ready to take his wife home the blood slowly drained from his face and we realised he was preparing to leave.
    As his spirit form gradually withdrew from his physical body it was quickly apparent that the latter was only a shell - in a few minutes it was empty.
    I called the nurse who drew the curtains around his bed. The nurse asked me if I had ever seen a dead body to which I replied 'many times'. I added that I believed in the continuity of life at which I received a funny look.
    I can understand why people are scared of dying but in reality it is a painless and peaceful process.

Hi Zerdini, i'm sorry for your loss.
    When I have seen family who have died I found it quite shocking, almost disturbing the first time (I was 18) to see just how truly 'vacant' their body was, they are so 'not there' it does shock you, there is no trace of them, it is just as you say a shell they don't even look like them any more.

sparkly

Female

Post  sparkly on Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:09 am

thanks zerdini for sharing.
    violet, i respect your opinion, even though it opposes all i've read on the subject, in the sense of evolving as a being. i'm not saying you would change unrecognizably, but you'd see things from a fuller perspective, being withdrawn from the setting of your life right now, kinda like on the set of "cheers" when the camera pans out of the studio....
    i do have one friend who has died five times (said she was a slow learner) who told me about the angelic beings with love, then the next stage of "things grabbing at ye." i suggested that was scary and she said "no, because your mind is not your own" - you are not attached to it. i'm not saying she's right, but worth considering.
    AngelTony

Male

Post  AngelTony on Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:17 am

sparkly wrote:thanks zerdini for sharing.
    violet, i respect your opinion, even though it opposes all i've read on the subject, in the sense of evolving as a being. i'm not saying you would change unrecognizably, but you'd see things from a fuller perspective, being withdrawn from the setting of your life right now, kinda like on the set of "cheers" when the camera pans out of the studio....
    i do have one friend who has died five times (said she was a slow learner) who told me about the angelic beings with love, then the next stage of "things grabbing at ye." i suggested that was scary and she said "no, because your mind is not your own" - you are not attached to it. i'm not saying she's right, but worth considering.
    Wow sparkly that is so amazing! I think the power of Angels is incredible
    sparkly

Female

Post  sparkly on Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:53 am

yes tony and we are always surrounded by angelic beings, those that have never been separated from source.
    i'm watching "cheers" right now where sam vows not to have sex for three months (having made a pact with god for escaping paternity). sam nearly falls down till he sees a bible in the nightstand..he and his crush go from hotel to hotel. he thinks god is speaking to him through bibles following him round wherever he goes....
    we are all at source all the time, we've just forgotten it.

mac

Male
    Number of posts : 3691
    Job/hobbies : retired
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

Post  mac on Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:02 am

"When I have seen family who have died I found it quite shocking, almost
    disturbing the first time (I was 18) to see just how truly 'vacant'
    their body was, they are so 'not there' it does shock you, there is no
    trace of them, it is just as you say a shell they don't even
    look like them any more."

I listen closely to the words people use and the way they use 'em. Have you ever noticed how folks will say "my body" or "his body" when something serious happens to cause illness, fatigue, injury or death etc? Instead of referring to "me" or "he"?

It's almost as if we instinctively know that we are not our bodies, that they are simply the outward manifestation of the individuals living in them....

I noticed that especially one evening watching the TV reconstruction of a family lost in dense woods in a snow storm. After 8 days waiting to be rescued the father tries to walk to get help. He dies in the attempt and a would-be rescuer was in tears as he expanded on how this father walked and walked in the freezing conditions "until his body just gave out on him".

In his emotions, but without saying it, he appears to separate the spirit of man from his body. He doesn't say "he" when he speaks about the father, perhaps subconsciously understanding that the father had passed over and only the shell remained.
    SpiritVoices

Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

Post  SpiritVoices on Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:23 am

There is definately an 'emptyness' about a body when the spirit departs.
    I was with my mother and my grandmother when they died.
    My gran was actually sitting across from me,in her armchair,napping when I felt a quietness in the room.
    It is a quietness that is different from someone physically leaving a room to go elsewhere.
    I felt it so much,I actually got up and raised her head slightly then noticed all was not well.
    That night when I was in bed I was restless,I felt the soft touch of a hand across my forehead then dropped off to sleep imnediately.
    Joanie
    sparkly

Female

Post  sparkly on Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:17 am

that is beautiful joanie.
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices on Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:58 am

sparkly wrote:that is beautiful joanie.

She literally passed away in the chair,Sparkly.
    I wasn't aware of this,I was knitting at the time and it was the silence that made me look up.
    Overwhelming silence.
    I had looked at her earlier,but she seemed ok,just made a small sound and her head drooped so I went back to my knitting.
    It was about 30 mins after that when as I said this silence descended so I checked her again.
    I am so pleased I was there when she passed.

Joanie x
    sparkly

Female

Post  sparkly on Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:04 am

that is very interesting about the silence, isn't it?
    do you think maybe she wanted to pass this way in order to show you how peaceful it could be?

zerdini

Male

Post  zerdini on Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:04 pm

....Death, the fear of all, the wish of some, the relief of many, is the end of none – it is but a transition from one plane of existence to another.

John - a spirit communicator
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices on Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:18 pm

She passed very peacefully,Z
    The evening before,as I was sitting on the side of her bed, she said to me with a laugh 'I could be pushing up the daisies tomorrow by now'. We chided her and told her not to be so silly'.
    Wonder if she had a feeling she wasn't going to be long in this world.

zerdini

Male

Post  zerdini on Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:00 pm

Joanie wrote:She passed very peacefully,Z
    The evening before,as I was sitting on the side of her bed, she said to me with a laugh 'I could be pushing up the daisies tomorrow by now'. We chided her and told her not to be so silly'.
    Obviously, although many a true word is spoken in jest.
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices on Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:02 pm

zerdini wrote:
    Joanie wrote:She passed very peacefully,Z
    Obviously, although many a true word is spoken in jest.
    So true,I miss her dreadfully.

zerdini

Male

Post  zerdini on Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:05 pm

Not to worry - you'll meet up soon.
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices on Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:14 pm

zerdini wrote:Not to worry - you'll meet up soon.
    I hope so,I have very fond thoughts of her.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:00 pm